the smell of dust and moonlight

evening day 5 - private sorry a fella's gotta die in here

Between the base of the mountain and the research station is a large and rough expanse of land permanently covered in snow. The snowfield has remained this way thanks to the slight increase of elevation and shading from the mountain itself providing cover for the snow that frequently falls upon the island. Crossing the snowfield can be treacherous as the thick snow layer and rough terrain makes walking difficult, with the ground appearing to be flatter than it actually is. Rolled ankles and falls are not uncommon and on rare occasions, a small avalanche from the slopes of the mountain will cause a fresh layer of snow to come crashing down into the valley.

Thread Limit: 1
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"...

"I understand."

This was among the worst reactions Corbin could have had. It meant he had already given up. It meant he would be unlikely to put much effort into anything unrelated to avoiding pain. It meant he couldn't be trusted to have her back.

It meant he was unsuited for an alliance.

Now he was just some guy sitting at her campfire. Some guy who had just finished a loud rant, regardless of the attention this could bring them. Some guy who knew the location of her hidden camp.

The next step - D realized with a bitter taste - was clear. She just needed an opportunity.

"If it helps, I don't see myself surviving this either. But I want to at least try.

"I don't mind some company, so feel free to stick around." To her disgust, the lies slipped easily from her tongue.

Her right hand inched closer to the khopesh stuck in the snow next to her.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Corbin barely acknowledged her reply. He sank further into himself, arms crossed over his knees so he could bury his face in them. He'd never felt so pathetic and humiliated in his entire life.

"I just..."

His throat began to close. He could feel tears seeping into his sleeve. Any vestiges of his old stubborn pride and boldness were mere crumbs of crumbs at this point.

"I don't wanna hurt anymore..."

But how could he not hurt? All that he was now was ache.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

D's response was to rip the khopesh out of the snow, swinging it at the exposed back of Corbin's head in one swift motion.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

S021 Corbin Azinger - DECEASED
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

The attack was perfect.

The aftermath was anything but.

In order to not give Corbin any time to react, Daenerys had neglected stance and footing. As thge khopesh connected, she found herself tumblinbg forwards and falling to the ground, barely missing the campfire.

There was a black spot in D's memory.

When she came to her senses, she lay sprawled on the ground, her head kissing a rock, her motuh tasting blood. How long had she been unconscious? One second, one minute or one hour? Opening her eyes confirmed that it was barely darker, hinting at one of the first two options.

While carefully trying to stand up, she threw a look at Corbin and got an instant dose of adrenaline when the fallout of her third murder became obvious.

Just like Daenerys, Corbin had fallen forwards. Only that his corpse landed right in the campfire where it was still burning, the upper body already unrecognizable. The impact must have send more than a few sparks flying, since a smaller bush was burning.

As well as the backpack containing most of her worldly possessions.

"Crap!"

A lot of snow flew during the next few minutes.

((Daenerys "D" Todd continued in White Light))
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8

Return to “The Snowfield”