KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTH ER FU CKER

Day 3, open

The sheriff's office is a squat, square building with a fairly plain exterior. Upon entering, a reception desk can be found on the right-hand side wall, which then opens into an office space behind it. The interior walls are painted a plain cream and the office features a set of desks with waist-high dividers arranged on one side of the room, along with a noticeboard holding faded team photos. There are CRT computer monitors on the desks but the towers they used to connect to have been removed. A small staff room can be found down a corridor from the office along with a bathroom. If you go left from the reception area, a single holding cell containing a simple cot can be found.
Applesintime

KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTH ER FU CKER

Post by Applesintime »

((Matthew Bell continued from Dissension))

Another day, another announcement of Danya gleefully telling them which of their classmates were fucked up psychopaths and which of them were naive and let themselves get killed by said psychos. Katelyn made another appearance, which only frustrated Matthew further - like, come the fuck on, what was this, her third, fourth murder? When do you just turn around and walk away from the little psycho catgirl or go to kill her before you get killed yourself?

Josh had made an appearance, and was additionally given Tracen Danya's award for psychopathy and murder. The fucker already had a gun, so what else could they give him, a fucking RPG? Matthew wished to God he could have just pulled the fucking trigger and taken that son of a bitch out. Alex, one of the weird SOTF fetishists, ended up killing someone as well, no surprise there. And to round it all off, half the fucking people who'd died died because they pulled stupid bullshit. Fucking swimming in the middle of Alaska or wherever they fuck they were. In the dead of winter.

Shit, maybe he should have let Josh shoot her.

Letting out a growl of frustration, Matthew continued his search through the desk, looking for something to write down the kills and murderers on. If shit kept going the way he thought it would, he was gonna need to make a fucking list to keep track of all these murderers, all these people. And he still needed to find Shawn. Dani, Corbin, fuck, he'd even take Jack again. Stupid fucking move, splitting off from him.

"If I was a piece of shit pen that probably doesn't even have any ink in it anyway, where would I be..." Matthew grumbled, pulling open another desk drawer. Plenty of paper, but not a single pen or pencil or fucking quill and ink. What, was he gonna have to shoot a bird and steal its feathers so he could write like some sort of monk?
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Did you guys hear that?" Lily whispered, raising her hand to halt the others as they stopped outside the Sheriff's office.

((Lillian Larsen continued from bec de corbin))

A dozen hours earlier, Lily and her group were back on the road.

They didn't speak much after leaving the Research Station, spending most of the previous day making their way back to town along that all-too familiar dirt road, stopping occasionally to rest their feet and have a bite to eat.

Lily kept her eyes out for Dickie's trail throughout, still clinging to the hope that they could all reunite, but to no avail. She was starting to wonder if she would ever see him or Iris alive again, or any of her other friends for that matter. She dreaded to think whose names would end up getting mentioned by the time the next announcement was due.

It was nightfall by the time they made it back to town, finding a small nondescript shack to spend the night in around it's outskirts. Nothing special, but a roof and a bed at least. Well, the other two got beds with Lily offering to take the couch, which was frankly still much better than her first night huddled up for warmth with naught by a foil blanket.

They woke up to the screeching blair of a microphone, and Danya's voice listing the names of their fallen classmates. No mention of Cresner, which was some small comfort, but Fitz and Alex being killers caught her off guard. Both were folk she considered friends, Fitz in particular, and both were folk she assumed would know better than to play right into Danya's hands, what with their involvement in the Anti-SOTF Club. Were they working together? Maybe it was a coincidence that they both killed right after one another, maybe there was more that they weren't being told, but regardless the news left her feeling cold. Far more so than the previous night of roughing it in the wilderness.

Well, not much they could do about that now. She took the opportunity to change into some spare clothes - nothing too different to what she was wearing before, save for a change in shirt - before suggesting that they explore town. Maybe try to find their friends - the ones who hadn't started killing each other, at least. It was still early enough that most of them were still alive and innocent.

Less than an hour after they left the shack behind them, the trio found themselves nearing what looked to be a sheriff's office, like something ripped straight out of a nordic noir movie. As they drew closer, the sound of angry rummaging and grumbling could be heard from within, Lily raising her hand to halt the others before slowly fumbling for the porcelain shard tucked into her belt.

"One sec, I'll go first..." she whispered, biting her bottom lip as she inched closer, hoping to take a peep through the window to check it wasn't Cresnar, or Katelyn, or...

Fitz... Alex...
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

[Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne continued from bec de corbin]

Already the area around the dirt road had taken on distorted proportions in her mind, in both time and space elongated by her and Lily's crisscrossing of that muddied scar and surrounding trees the day before. Now she had to do the whole thing over again, but this time backwards, and at an eighth of her normal walking pace. Dead weight, this Corbin was—an excuse, plausible deniability, in case they needed to run and had to ditch him and suddenly she was no longer borrowing the trident.

Until then, she was guarding him. The morning after the shack, and her head was swimming. Dehydrated, because she was trying to make her water last as long as possible, never-mind that she had more of it than Corbin knew. Amaryllis thought she had gone numb after Liya's death but Jess's confirmed it, barely registering as a footnote to the litany of once-familiar names droning on in scratched up speaker-sound. Almost broke into a boat together, they did. With someone who was now a killer, though that was not much of a jump, going from endorsing to carrying out.

She could see it, from the Sherriff's station. It was in her periphery as she watched Corbin, making sure he didn't make a hobble for it, while Lily looked in the window.

"See anything?" she hiss-whispered, watching the wisps of her breath curl in the static air.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

((Corbin Azinger continued from bec de corbin))

Corbin was now fairly confident this had been a mistake.

He'd assumed the price paid - the loss of his trident - was worth the added company. But that hadn't quite panned out the way he wanted. While the two girls (whom, bouncing back from his head injury, he recognized a little more clearly) were holding up their end of the bargain and keeping him around, that was basically all they were doing. Neither Lily nor Amaryllis really wanted to talk to him at all; under normal circumstances, the feeling would be mutual. Under these circumstances though, any company should have been good company, but instead he was very much the awkward, disliked third wheel. Amaryllis in particular seemed to treat him like something between an unwanted burden and a ticking time bomb, constantly watching him suspiciously and all that. She was even doing it now.

As Lily took a peek into the window, Corbin instead silently opened the nearby door just a crack before peering in through the gap. It was about what he expected from a police station in a tiny-ass town like this, and about as dusty and rundown as it should be given how long it had been abandoned. The figure inside, meanwhile...

"... Matt?"
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

No pen. Not a single goddamn pen in this shithole of a sheriff's office. Matthew couldn't believe it. They'd given high schoolers assault rifles and pistols and told them to go kill each other - something which some people had taken to heart, apparently - and yet a fucking pen or a pencil or anything Matthew could use to write down a list of killers or his last will and testament or a shitty journal wasn't to be found? Was he going to have to start a fire for fucking charcoal like a caveman? Did they think, what, some guy'd kill someone with a pencil like they were John Wick?

Shit, maybe they gave someone a pen as their weapon.

"Piece of shit office, piece of fucking shit island, piece of fucking FUCK-" Seizing a stapler, Matthew twisted and hurled it through one of the windows with a shattering boom as the remaining glass just collapsed down, raining onto the floor and outside of the office. It really sounded like one of those fucking sound effects in movies. Huffing and puffing llike he was about to start blowing pigs' properties down, he watched the window for a second. It was fucking stupid. But hey, this whole fucking thing was stupid.

Maybe it'd be like a dinner bell for all the fuckers scattered around here. Exhaling, Matthew pulled the pistol out and absentmindedly checked the magazine. 14 rounds still. He hadn't swapped the magazine after shooting at Josh, and he didn't see the need to. Not right now, anyway. One or two would be enough to take anyone here out of commission. He'd searched through what felt like every desk in this place and still no writing materials, so all he could do was wait. The windows made this place a little harder to defend, but if anyone good was around they'd probably run from the smashing sounds.

The killers? They'd hopefully come running.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Lily ducked back at the very last second, that stapler missing her head by mere inches as it smashed through the window.

She managed to see and hear enough to recognise who was inside however: Matthew Bell. Another familiar face she didn't care much for, doubly so in his case. He was always particularly harsh towards her, rarely missing the opportunity to take a dig at her supposed satanic leanings. Another conservative, muscle-headed douchebag with a hardon for war crimes and firearms. No wonder he and Corbin were friends.

Well, in fairness she started to regret distancing herself from Corbin since they left the research station, her effort to give him some space maybe coming across more harshly than intended. Not that there was much she could do about it now, granted with Matt there maybe that meant he could be with someone he actually got along with?

That of course was dependent on a simple question: Was Mattew playing or not? His name hadn't cropped up yet, but she didn't feel comfortable about the pistol she glimpse, nor did she want to attract his attention whilst he was in the middle of blowing off steam. Player or not, it was never a good idea to startle an angry man with a gun.

Lily turned back to Amaryllis, pointing her finger up into the air and silently mouthing "One person", followed by her miming the cocking of a pistol as she then mouthed "Armed." She was about to try and figure out how to quietly tell her who exactly, when Corbin went and said his name out loud, Lily gulping as she remained still and waited to see how Matthew reacted.

Don't shoot, don't shoot, for god's sake don't shoot! 

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
MethodicalSlacker

Amaryllis jumped, whirling around in time to see the stapler land in the snow. There was a layer of cold air between her skin and muscle tissue. With trepidation she looked to Lily, who told her the details, but only two of them. Thankfully they hadn't been lead into the crosshairs of another, better-armed group, but if that gun was more than just a sign, then whoever was inside was, in fact, better-armed. And from Corbin's lip, she knew the name of the one inside, and knew also the truth, that a good man was impossible to find, and likely did not exist, at least not on this godforsaken plane.

Matthew Bell was, like Corbin, ontologically evil. The two of them put together was not something that she wanted to deal with, not even on a normal Friday. But, if she were to attempt to prevent that, in any meaningful way, from happening, there was a good chance that Matthew would see it as aggression and bang bang shoot shoot. Happiness was not on the receiving end of a warm gun, after all.

So, like Lily, there was nothing Amaryllis could do but move to one side of the door and wait, out of sight, and hopefully far from anyone's mind, holding her trident—yes, her fucking trident—so hard it would leave marks on her hands if the cold didn't get to them first.
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Corbin winced as Matt shattered the nearby window. Yeah, the temper made it being Matt a pretty sure bet.

"... you two okay?" Corbin pulled away from the door, looking at the girls. Neither seemed hurt, thankfully. It'd be hard to convince them to stick around if they had been.

"I'm gonna..." he paused, peering through the door again. "I'm gonna go talk to him. Wait here."

He opened the door and stumbled into the room without waiting for an answer from Lily or Amaryllis.

"Matt."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

If anyone else had walked in and spoke his name, Matthew would have probably pulled the pistol on them. Didn't matter who they were, boy or girl, Matthew had heard enough of the announcements to know that there were few people on this island that he could trust, and even then that was a maybe at best.

Fortunately, it was Corbin, which made this little tantrum thing entirely fucking based.

"Corb! Thank fuck, am I glad to see you!" Matthew beamed like a Massachusetts driver's headlights; wide and bright. Walking towards Corbin, he flipped the gun's safety on. Wasn't going to put it away, just in case, but Matthew didn't think he'd need it.

"Where've you been, man? How've you been?" Someone who he could trust, finally. Jack would probably have trusted him but the dude was a fucking asshole with a penchant for picking fights and Matthew didn't want to get into all that, not on the Murder Kill Island.
[+] V8

Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Lily nodded her head and flashed Corbin a thumbs up, happy to let him do the talking for now. She strongly suspected things wouldn't go down well if either herself or Amaryllis were spotted first, even if Matthew wasn't playing.

Fortunately, Corbin wasn't met with a barrage of bullets, allowing Lily a sigh of relief. She was still hesitant about revealing herself just yet, partly because she didn't want to ruin the moment, but more importantly she didn't want to spook the guy with the gun who was shouting and shattering windows less than a minute ago.

So instead she kept her back to the wall, eyes glancing towards Amaryllis as she let the boys have their moment.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
MethodicalSlacker

Helpless she was as Corbin hobbled inside, followed not by gunfire but by jovial conversation. At this she could draw a breath of relief, shared with her floral companion. She could hear, just barely, the words of the conversation. Questions of when and how exchanged, ones without a good or clear answer, at least, not one that didn't implicate the both of them.

She whispered almost silently to Lily.

"Do we run, or...?"

With a head jerk outways on "run," in case it wasn't clear enough from the forms playing upon her lips.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

¿

[+] Other Threads
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

The question caught him off guard, if only because 'how he was doing' seemed like it should be pretty obvious at a glance.

"Well, other than the busted leg, black eye, and concussion... awesome, really."

He limped forward, closer to Matt, makeshift crutch wobbling a little under his weight.

"But... some folks," he continued, pointedly dodging who he meant, "helped me out with all that. So sarcasm aside, could be a lot worse."

He wondered when he should call the girls in. Or even if he should call them in. Corbin normally didn't like them, but the first aid had won them (mostly Lily) a few points; he wasn't sure if Matt would see it like that. And given Amaryllis has the trident, and Matt here seemed to have a gun...

"So, uh, you doing any better?"
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Well shit, I guess it was obvious. But, uh, I dunno. Might have been just playing dress up like we were back in Halloween." Matthew chuckled, still grinning. It had been a while since he could just sit back and happily chill with another dude. Corbin wouldn't have fought him anyway, but they were bros, and bros didn't shoot each other. "I guess you ran into one of those psycho players, like Katelyn and her little 'oh look at me I'm a depresso expresso I'm gonna start murdering people' shtick?" He scoffed.

At the news that some dudes had helped Corbin, he did kinda perk up a little. Good to know that people still had some goddamn common decency, even in this shithole. "Oh, neat. Wouldn't happen to have linked up with Shawn? I've been looking for that dude this whole time. That, and uh, Josh. You know he held some girl hostage day one? With an assault rifle? And then she got mad at me for breaking it up?" Matthew sighed, frustration slowly building now he'd remembered what happened that day. "Girl took a dunk in the sea and drowned or whatever. Shoulda just shot through her."

"But apart from that, I've been good. Looking for Shaun, or you, or Dani and also looking for the psychos so I can put a bullet in 'em. You know, I guess I got a gun for a reason. Better than the fucking idiots who said they were looking for their 'friend' who'd already killed like, a person. Hope they don't eat shit and die." Matthew shrugged. And now he was pissed thinking about the Oliveiras. Stupid fucks. He was gonna see them on the announcement tomorrow, he just goddamn knew it.
[+] V8

Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Lily looked back at Amaryllis, pondering her options as she listened in to Corbin and Matthew's conversation.

There was a part of her that wanted to take Amaryllis up on her suggestion and bug out whilst they still could. It wasn't as if Corbin really needed them now that he'd been reunited with his friend, who frankly was way better equipped to defend him than either of them were. Nor did she really want to interact with Matthew, especially after the concerning insights she'd gained from his little spiel.

Matthew's story about Josh reminded her of the opening scene of Team America, where the titular protagonists blew up half of Paris in their attempt to stop a handful of terrorists. He might not be a player, but that didn't mean he wasn't a different flavour of dangerous, with aspirations of becoming some cowboy action hero. Given how eager he seemed to be about going full Judge Dredd, where did that leave folk that people like him already labelled as Evil, such as herself and Amaryllis? Was he just going to shoot them on principle for being a communist and a (supposed) Satanist alone? Probably not, but once you start getting into the mindset that some people deserve to die and it's up to you to decide who, it didn't take much of a push to start broadening one's scope.

Still, despite her concerns about Matthew, it also didn't feel right to leave Corbin in the dust like that. Especially if Matthew was serious about hunting players, she dreaded to think what could happen to Corbs whilst Dirty Harry was going around dispensing vigilante justice on their classmates. Not to mention that tridant, her inner pragmatist knowing full well was better suited to her uninjured companion, but at the end of the day it was still Corbin's weapon first and foremost.

After a long pause, she exhaled slowly before turning to Amaryllis, gesturing for hersto remain quiet as she cautiously knocked on the window frame.

"Hey! Sorry to interrupt, just uh... Please don't shoot!"

After waiting a moment for any potential gunshots, she waved her hand through the window, before slowly leaning her head over to peer past the broken glass and reveal herself.

"Hey, Matt..." said Lily, trying and failing to not think back to some of their more heated exchanges. "We found ya boy Corbin here all banged up, and uh... Figured he could do with some help" she added, forcing a nervous smile.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
MethodicalSlacker

Amaryllis shrugged and watched Lily reveal herself through the broken window. She wouldn't walk through the open door; that would reveal her position and surround the already aggrieved Matthew in one fell swoop, likely ending both her own life and that of her comrade's in the same motion.

Instead she had decided to stay by the side of the door and listen in as best as she could to the conversation. Matthew couldn't even imagine that Corbin's helpers were his own ideological enemies. Surprise surprise, when you believe in something, you don't kill for no reason! At the mention of the hostage situation it was all Amaryllis could do to roll her eyes instead of scream and charge him.

Unfortunately, both Lily and Corbin had, by now, referred to the latter's saviors with a plural pronoun. It was one thing when Corbin did it, because he could have meant that his rescuer was nonbinary, or something, though in the two seconds it took to think that over she realized it was entirely outside of the in-group conservative lingo that he would do such a thing. And besides, Lily said 'we,' which meant, of course, that she was with someone else. Not that she was plural of personalities or anything.

So the time would come for Amaryllis to reveal herself shortly. For now she complied with Lily's gesture, and sent herself away in her own mind, to a time and place more comforting. The garage, on a Saturday; the plugging in of amps and tuning of instruments; tapping a guitar solo and putting the pickups up to the amp as she did so; a better time, with people alive then who were dead now.

"Fuck," she muttered, her stare burning a hole into the frozen ground.

Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything, fuck no. She would not stand by and remain quiet any longer. It was exactly this following the leader that killed, on this island, under these circumstances. One had already died, on account of her inaction. She wouldn't let Lily suffer the same fate.

So she started to slowly back away from the office, away from the ramshackle building, and faded out into the anonymity of the town, making sure that Lily could see her and Corbin and Matthew could not, stealing away into the light of day. But they would see the trident, propped up against the outside of the doorframe, as promised.

[Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne continued elsewhere.]

Return to “The Sheriff's Office”