Big Brother Is Not Watching You

Day 11, Open

Cutting a path through the trees at the base of the mountain, the old road was the only usable link for vehicles wishing to travel between the mining town and the research station. This meant it was kept in relatively good condition almost year-round, although it was prone to blockages from mountain debris. In the years since the island was abandoned, no one has been present to clear these blockages, and the tarmac has started to crack and break apart from years of freezing and thawing. Despite this, it is still the most easily traversable path on the island, even with the edges of the forest starting to encroach upon it.

Thread limit: 1
decoy73

Big Brother Is Not Watching You

Post by decoy73 »

((David Worth continued from i cannot just forget our simple moments and wonderful memories of life))

Ashlyn ...

"Ninth vote, and the third member of our jury ... Ashlyn."

Ashlyn just stood up and placed her merge buff into the voting urn. She knew it was coming - she played ruthlessly, and so to take her out, they didn't tell her anything.

"Ashlyn, the tribe has spoken."

Adam ...

"Sixth vote, and the seventh member of our jury ... Adam"

Adam walked over and placed his merge buff into the voting urn. He'd spent his time being bombastic - a decent social player, but his gregarious nature had also been a downside.

"Adam, the tribe has spoken."

Lily ...

"All-Stars, huh?" David looked at the girl who had been by her side on this for four years.

"Yeah." David nodded as he looked over the final votes. "Almost can't believe it's still going."

"It is going. Hopefully next year they can outdo us, but that's a high bar."

DAWN ...

"Looks like we are all gonna miss Christmas. ... To be honest, I always went to Ethan because my family never celebrates. Mum and dad are both workaholics, and there is always work for doctors. Did you know that the days around Christmas have a significantly higher rate of suicide attempts? The theory is that everyone being visibly happy and festive makes the less fortunates ones even more aware of their struggles."

That
was their last conversation. When he couldn't find Dawn when he woke up, he was a little worried. When he saw a pile of food and water in the kitchen, he was incredibly worried. And now, even though part of him had screamed when he heard her name, was out by her own hand. Meaning that he was alone again. He was just hoping that the next contact he had was friendly, or at least that he would get to walk away from it.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

David thought about the ending of that announcement. That did not seem planned. He mused on that. He thought about whether someone came.

It was a warm thought, but he discounted it. This ... thing had been going on long enough so that even if someone tried, it wasn't happening.

No one's gonna come.

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

And the next announcement came. There wasn't anyone that he'd met on the announcements. People, but nobody he could say he was closely attached to. Katelyn was dead. Thank God for small favors. He'd been blissfully alone for the last day, and the explosion meant nothing. Everything was still chugging along. And so did he. He just had to keep on going and make sure it wasn't him they were hearing about.

David shook his head. Blissful loneliness versus a partner. He hated this.

((David Worth continued in If Walls Could Talk))

Version 8
[+] Version 7

Return to “The Old Road”