The V9 Lovers

What's this??? A V9 Couple?!?

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
FlockOfHens

The V9 Lovers

Post by FlockOfHens »

Here's a high school couple that I've created!!! Do keep in mind that I'm still trying to flesh them both out.

1. Storm Stryder "The Soldier"
Grade: 12th
School: Southwest Red Rock High School
Hobbies and Interests: ROTC, knife collecting, Aikido, his pet snake “Canoodle,”

Storm is an ROTC Student learning about basic military skills in Red Rock. He comes from a military family with his father serving the US Air Force. Inspired by what his father does, he plans to join the military once he graduates from school. On his off time, he likes to collect knives and train in Aikido. Personality-wise, I would probably say that he would be trained, disciplined, and overall just a nice guy. He's also the boyfriend of Inessa Roberts.

Relations to look for:
  • Friends: You'd quickly learn that he likes to talk about his snake Canoodle too much.
    Rivals: He needs a fighting buddy!
    Acquaintances: Nothing special here.
    Enemies: Anyone who bullies his girlfriend.
    Romantic (Flings): Taken by Inessa Roberts! Buuuuuut...
Current Relations:
  • Friends:
    Wade Colter / "A wonderful guy with impressive wrestling techniques; I just hope he can socialize more."
    Maggie Wilfred / "If you feed Canoodle enough, they'll let you pet them. That's how I got to trust them to slither up my arm! It took a long time however because at first, I didn't know if Canoodle preferred mealworms or crickets, then it turned out it was both-"
    Artemis Cavallo / "Canoodle sure is adorable! It's a funny story about how I got him though; a long time ago I asked my dad if I could get a pet dog on my birthday, and he told me I could get a pet if I did well in school, so I did. And by the time my thirteenth birthday rolled around, I got excited to see my dog but then realized he got me a snake, so I got confused-"
    Murray Miller / "Never thought his father was in the military as well!"
    Lily Kemp / "She looks intimidating, but she's very outgoing when you get to know her!"
    Rivals:
    Murray Miller / "So Aikido is a combination of Japanese Jujitsu and Judo, it's just that you get to learn how to throw someone to the ground. In self-defense that is."
    Lily Kemp / "She knows how to punch her enemies hard!"
    Acquaintances:
    Skyla Monroe / "It's nice to hear people who respect what my family does."
    Enemies:
    Beelzebub Smith / "Anarchist."
    Edwin Castellaneta / "For some reason, he always avoids me when I show up, and for some reason, I get pissed when he's near Inessa..."
    Heather Klein / "Oh look, the Anarchist found herself a little counterpart."
    Love Interests:
    Inessa Highman-Roberts / "My little Raindrop. <3"
    Taylor Olsen-Chen / "...please don't tell anyone about this..."
2. Inessa Highmen-Roberts "The Photographer"
Grade: 12th
School: Southwest Red Rock High School
Hobbies and Interests: Photography, insects, fashion, manga, ghosts, The Student Yearbook

Inessa works alongside several other students in the Student Yearbook. Her job is to take photos of other students at school events or sports games. Outside of school grounds, she likes to take pictures of city life, street art, and her fascination with insects. I'm still trying to figure out why, but despite being a sweet, innocent girl, she's become a victim of bullying. But against all odds, she's managed to catch the heart of one Storm Stryder.

Relations to look for:
  • Friends: Pfft yeah right.
    Acquaintances: Nothing special, but you'd know about her bullying.
    Bullies: ey bullies I got u dog
    Romantic (Flings): Taken by Storm Stryder! Buuuuuut...
Current Relations:
  • Friends:
    Wade Colter / "At least he understands my name..."
    Maggie Wilfred / "She a fellow bug lover, like me!"
    Keiko Thompson / "If you like, I have a few manga books that you can borrow!"
    Hope Hynes / "...did you read My Hero Academia yet???"
    Acquaintances:
    Ginger "Gigi" Peck / "That's NOT what my last name means!!"
    Heather Klein / "So what if my boyfriend's training to become a soldier soon? I still love Stormy all the same."
    Mercy Myers-Coleman / "I hate the fact that she's right, my dad's surname would've been better than my mother's..."
    Grace Wills / "I guess I'll accept her apology..."
    Lily Kemp / "She looks intimidating..."
    Bullies:
    Beelzebub Smith / "Look, I'm trying to be nice h-" gets shoved into the ground
    Edwin Castellaneta / "I hope one day Stormy catches you in the act."
    LK Mitchell / "If only you'd know what you're doing..."
    Romantic:
    Storm Stryder / "My big Stormy cloud!!! <3"
    Taylor Olson-Chen / "Before you say anything, it happened one time! And then another... and another...
(And by the way, Inessa calls Storm "Stormy Cloud", and he calls Inessa his little Raindrop. Randomly just thought of those XD )
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

I'm still trying to figure out why, but despite being a sweet, innocent girl, she's become a victim of bullying.
Her name is Inessa Hymen, and kids are dicks who will laugh. Maybe Ginger will be one of the ones that snickers a bit? She can be nice, but she's not the nicest, sooo. That said, she's also a fashion type and goes out into the city a lot, so there's a connection.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

KamiKaze wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 am
I'm still trying to figure out why, but despite being a sweet, innocent girl, she's become a victim of bullying.
Her name is Inessa Hymen, and kids are dicks who will laugh. Maybe Ginger will be one of the ones that snickers a bit? She can be nice, but she's not the nicest, sooo. That said, she's also a fashion type and goes out into the city a lot, so there's a connection.
Searches up the name Inessa...
"Meaning: Pure, Chaste" Okay! Doesn't seem that bad! But I wonder what's wrong with the name, "Hymen?"

Searches up the word Hymen...
.....oh.....
...I see...

This is very hilarious for me because I've created the last name based on a shortened word for an insect family! "Hymenopodidae - Mantids" But this reason for bullying would work very well for me!! (Also if you guys can help me find other reasons why Inessa gets bullied, let me know!)
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Bumping this up for a new character idea!

nvm this ^^"
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Storm Stryder

Maggie and Storm definitely feel like they'd get on, I imagine Maggie also feeds Canoodle from time to time. Very lovely guy and a very lovely relationship with Inessa.

Skyla definitely respects Storm and his family, but that's as far as a relationship goes.

Murray's father was in the military so there's a connection right there. Otherwise, I think he might be interested in this "Aikido" thing Storm does.

Edwin, surprisingly enough, knows better than to mess with a military man, so he stays out of his way...

Inessa Hymen

...he will absolutely be a dick about Inessa's name, however, but only when Storm isn't around.

Maggie would laugh upon hearing Inessa's name, but she wouldn't be a jerk about it, she'd just find it funny. Outside of it, she'd probably ask for fashion tips and maybe go bug watching at times.

Keiko I feel might have shared manga with Inessa in the past, but that's all I got for her.
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Hello, I’ve come to cause problems, problems of the “now you have to consider this” sort.

Storm!
He’s a soldier boy who collects knives and practices a less-common martial art, so of course Heather thinks he’s the most cringe person on planet Earth. She’s an anarchist punk with a big eight-pointed star and 1312 tattooed on her body, so the feeling is probably mutual. She’s certainly unironically called him a fascist bootlicker at least once.

Artemis would find his snake absolutely delightful, however.

Can’t think of much for the others unless it comes via Inessa perhaps. Speaking of…

Inessa!
Heather would actually not give her shit about her name. Mostly Inessa is just a boring straight girl dating a future-war-crime-participant to her, so… not a friend, but she’s above that at least.

Mercy definitely would though, that’s funny. Should simply have not been born with that surname, what were the parents thinking?

LK… she’s too deep in toxic gamer mannerisms not to either. She’s not actively malicious and doesn’t entirely realise that contributing even in a small way is still part of the larger problem, because she’s a dumbass terminally online teenager, but it is what it is.

Hope’s a bit more sympathetic, she may have giggled once but would’ve soon stopped. She gets enough trouble being very visibly disabled, so she can sympathise. Mild crossover in that Hope also has at least one anime/manga friend and as a comics fan she’s at least tangentially interested in their Japanese counterparts.

Nothing much with Artemis tbh.

Grace… is not turning out to be the most socially astute person, so her behaviour towards Inessa is TBD depending on the prevailing attitude of the football team. She wants to be One Of Them, the most One Of Them in fact, so she’d play along with whatever their overall vibe is. Maybe apologise later if the vibes are rancid but that kind of insincere “yeah sorry, I’ll do nothing to change it though” apology probably only makes things worse if so, yay!
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Dr Adjective wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:46 pm Hello, I’ve come to cause problems, problems of the “now you have to consider this” sort.

Storm!
He’s a soldier boy who collects knives and practices a less-common martial art, so of course Heather thinks he’s the most cringe person on planet Earth. She’s an anarchist punk with a big eight-pointed star and 1312 tattooed on her body, so the feeling is probably mutual. She’s certainly unironically called him a fascist bootlicker at least once.

Artemis would find his snake absolutely delightful, however.

Can’t think of much for the others unless it comes via Inessa perhaps. Speaking of…

Inessa!
Heather would actually not give her shit about her name. Mostly Inessa is just a boring straight girl dating a future-war-crime-participant to her, so… not a friend, but she’s above that at least.

Mercy definitely would though, that’s funny. Should simply have not been born with that surname, what were the parents thinking?

LK… she’s too deep in toxic gamer mannerisms not to either. She’s not actively malicious and doesn’t entirely realise that contributing even in a small way is still part of the larger problem, because she’s a dumbass terminally online teenager, but it is what it is.

Hope’s a bit more sympathetic, she may have giggled once but would’ve soon stopped. She gets enough trouble being very visibly disabled, so she can sympathise. Mild crossover in that Hope also has at least one anime/manga friend and as a comics fan she’s at least tangentially interested in their Japanese counterparts.

Nothing much with Artemis tbh.

Grace… is not turning out to be the most socially astute person, so her behaviour towards Inessa is TBD depending on the prevailing attitude of the football team. She wants to be One Of Them, the most One Of Them in fact, so she’d play along with whatever their overall vibe is. Maybe apologise later if the vibes are rancid but that kind of insincere “yeah sorry, I’ll do nothing to change it though” apology probably only makes things worse if so, yay!
JacobAllTradez wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:09 pm Storm Stryder

Maggie and Storm definitely feel like they'd get on, I imagine Maggie also feeds Canoodle from time to time. Very lovely guy and a very lovely relationship with Inessa.

Skyla definitely respects Storm and his family, but that's as far as a relationship goes.

Murray's father was in the military so there's a connection right there. Otherwise, I think he might be interested in this "Aikido" thing Storm does.

Edwin, surprisingly enough, knows better than to mess with a military man, so he stays out of his way...

Inessa Hymen

...he will absolutely be a dick about Inessa's name, however, but only when Storm isn't around.

Maggie would laugh upon hearing Inessa's name, but she wouldn't be a jerk about it, she'd just find it funny. Outside of it, she'd probably ask for fashion tips and maybe go bug watching at times.

Keiko I feel might have shared manga with Inessa in the past, but that's all I got for her.
Sorry guys for not responding, but all of these characters are interesting and could work with Storm and Inessa! I'll put them all down in their respective categories.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

WHATS THIS!? A WILD NO LIFE APPEARS

Storm

Lily: She likes his snake, and his knives, and fighting him, And his girlfr-
Taylor: They adore his snake, They also adore his sna-. Oddly enough no one has told them that he's currently seeing Inessa...

Inessa

Lily: Imma be real with you chief, Lily didn't even smirk. Besides she's still too busy trying to remember her
Taylor: Taylor heard the name, giggled a bit, saw how it upset her then stopped. Textbook, "But Taylor I'm straight." "So is spaghetti until it gets wet.". Taylor is kinda hoping for a relationship, but she always declines...

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”