Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of second killing role in a game this size based off an anime where I hear a lot of little girls fight and die. It could be a vigilante or a serial killer. So I believe Boogie's story. Also don't know what motivation he'd have for faking it.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

I still have a feeling there's at least one witch role in this game. Or at least a role affiliated with witches, I feel like hiding among the magical girls wouldn't be their style.

RIP Nanami, and Boogie's got a bulletproof? Well, putting it out in the open that you no longer have a bulletproof is a bit of a risky move, but I think it's a pretty safe bet to say we have a doctor sort of role in this game.

There are roles whose only power is bulletproof, right?
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Yeah, you can add Bulletproof to basically any role, so Boogie could have another power or just be a basic townie now. Either way, yeah, kind of a gutsy move to announce that you’re not bulletproof any more.
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

A few thoughts:

Not a huge fan of the "That's not good" for the usual reasons (it can read like scum patting themselves on the back). That said, I'm actually less frowny than I'd normally be 'cause honestly this is actually a pretty good result for town; we just lost a no-power role.

Not big on Boogie's claim--it gives information to scum (either why their shot failed or that Town took a swing and missed) while also soft-claiming, if true. If a lie, he's preempting a potential vig calling out mysterious bulletproofness (like, say, a godfather) and getting out ahead so that any later instances of not-dying can be written off to doctor intervention.

Getting good town vibes from the shift we saw from Paige at the end of last phase/coming into this one--I don't necessarily agree with their conclusions, but we're back in the comfort zone as process goes and I'm not seeing anything to raise an eyebrow at there.

Now is also I guess a good time to mention I know only the original anime and none of the movies/spinoffs/whatever. Just noting since I have no clue who we lost on a plot level.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Getting good town vibes from the shift we saw from Paige at the end of last phase/coming into this one--I don't necessarily agree with their conclusions, but we're back in the comfort zone as process goes and I'm not seeing anything to raise an eyebrow at there.
give me time i'll swiftly disappoint you again dw
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

imma be level real with yall i just spoke truth because i was worried the vig with the chip on their gun would try to double tap my ass tonight if i didn't say anything, or maybe they'd try to fucking be like "i shot this man and he did not die, ban he" and out themself in a way thatd be beneficial to literally no one so i wanted to head that off at the pass like a glorious diversion that'd allow maf to shoot me tonight if they wanted to idk whatever im sure they could think of many better uses of their time
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

:skull: :beer: :knife:
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

I do think there are a few possibilities worth considering:

1. if we have two killing scum factions, it's to a large degree beneficial for them to hunt each other. Irina getting whacked reads, to me, as either an information-denial kill or as someone fishing for scum. She was back and forth between trains a good bit yesterday without committing overly hard, which could've prodded either a vig to roll the dice or one scum faction to think they might be hitting another.

2. there are, actually, some decent reasons for scum to shoot Boogie, given his fairly prominent role in the proceedings yesterday. Thinking it all through, I'm inclined to read him as more townish (especially given his level of engagement; Boogie is immortal god tyrant of slipping under the radar to scum victory and that is very much not what we're seeing), and to ripple that to CBP, whose actions lined up fairly well with the thoughts and motives he articulated and who seems the most likely target of a frame job that opens with killing Boogie.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

im a reformed man, i post now

thats my new mafia brand

posting

i never said they'd be good posts but they're there
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

I... was putting myself front and centre?

<_<

I was not aware that I had done that but uh, let me back and left align myself for the time being.

boogie reads town to me, as many others have mentioned.

plot-stuff i must again reiterate if it isn't hockey related i'm probably lost. i heard 'nanami' and was like OH SHIT ARE WE IN V1 MAFIA.

spoiler: we are not.

alas.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Actually, in contrast to Toben I am going to frown a little bit harder at the "oh well shucks" post.

This is, after all, an actually quite harmless result. Honestly, since people get Sniped off in Maria games one way or the other this tame night is fairly preferable.

To be honest it's not more than a frown because I can't really read anything further to it.

About boogie: I think his reasoning for claiming- if true - is coherent and understandable. Wondering why he did not spell it out earlier to make his intentions clearer.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Oh yea, and of course there are more than one vanilla townie. I'd be willing to say that there's a vast majority of vanilla townie in the game given how Fenris conducted it. Honestly pretty strange for Blast to throw shade at MS with this angle
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Welp, gonna need to do some comprehensive reads soon. Saving that for when I have actual time.

Real quick cautionary note: I'm really grateful to boogie for outing theirself as some kinda bulletproof, because it gives us some info about potential kills in play. I 90% trust Boogie because I assumed there were at least two kill roles in play of one description or another (if only based on flavor alone, given the sheer amount of inter-character animosity in Puella Magi Madoka).

However: while it is unlikely, I do not think it is impossible that boogie is some kinda scum using a bulletproof claim to try and fish for more information and establish a pro-town voice. I went back-and-forth about making this post, because boogie is like 95% town for me, but I don't want the possibility of a clever scum gambit to go unacknowledged.

Like I said above, I'll do a more detailed readthrough of day one based on the intel we've got and post real reads later.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

EBWOP: I am a teensy bit inebriated, hence the two disparate percentages in my previous post.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

So for reasons already stated, I'm inclined to townread boogie, though I am a wee bit sceptical in general of those who made yesterday a no-lynch.

Return to “Mafia”