V8 Ninth Announcement

Fluff and announcement by Deamon

Important announcements concerning the site will be posted here. Not only will the terrorists' official announcements be written here, but information concerning rolls, danger zones, and site issues will be located here as well.
Ruggahissy

V8 Ninth Announcement

Post by Ruggahissy »

Monday, December 13, 2021: Joint Branch Lewis-McChord, Washington, 10:00AM

There was an expectant murmer in the conference room as everyone awaited the arrival of the intelligence officer. The drone they had requsitioned had arrived, bringing with it more red tape and waiting. The rumor was they had found something that appeared to fit the description Rhea had given but had wanted to confirm lest they assault a fishing vessel. Rhea found it somewhat hard to believe that the United States army could blow someone up from across the world but not figure out how food was getting onto an island, but she kept her mouth shut.

But as she sat there, nursing her second glass of water and exchanging glances with her CIA contact Santos, the door finally opened and a plain looking woman walked in with a manila envelope. Immediately a hush fell over the room as the woman approached the officer with the lantern jaw. There was quiet conversation and some glances at the contents on the folder, then the officer stole a glance over at Rhea and her group. From where she was Rhea felt excitement rising in her gut and she couldn't help but nudge her partner, who was looking over a report.

"Huh?" He whispered,

Rhea only nodded towards the gathering officers and saw as he began to smile, realising exactly what the drone had found.

The whispering eventually ended and then the officers approached the table.

"Looks like you were right." He announced as he dropped the open folder on the table, and slid out a group of satellite images from the preceding days.

They all showed a consistent series of images.

A solitary large boat in the middle of the ocean, a speedboat departing every morning and returning within the hour.

They'd found them.

Thursday, December 15th, 2021: Undisclosed Location, 9AM

Tracen settled himself down at the desk, coffee in one hand, bagel in the other. Another twenty-four hours had passed and that meant another group of kids had fallen victim to each other, or the elements. He looked at his rapidly decreasing list of names and did some quick calculations in his head. At the pace they were going it looked like they would once again land around the sweet spot of two weeks. Long enough for everyone to be forced to engage with the tragedy they were engineering but short enough to give them enough time to avoid too many prying eyes. He smiled to himself as he took a sip of coffee, then pressed the button to bring the speakers to life.

"Gooood morning class! I hope you've all been enjoying your field trip and have been keeping up with your homework. At the rate everything is going you should all be finished shortly, something I'm sure you're all looking forward to. But we still have a few days yet and that means we need to continue to catalog those of you who didn't have what it takes to keep going.

"We start with a prime example of that, actually, as Teddie Boyd didn't take care of his wounds and ended up deadie thanks to sepsis. I did really think after last time you'd all be a little more proactive in your attempts to cull your fellow classmates, but I have to say I am disappointed. I'll give you one more chance, but please, stop disappointing me."

As Tracen finished speaking his voice had lowered to an ominous whisper, but after letting the moment pass over them he reverted back to his normal more playful tone.

"Thankfully, Evie McKown doesn't let me down as she claimed yet another victim in quick succession. This time it was Danielle Bird, who was blasted like this was a game of duck hunt...hm...that might too old a reference for all of you. I'll guess we'll see.

"Next, Chester Folk met his end as Trinity Ashmore cracked his head like an egg and she was after that yolk. Nice of you to join us, Miss Ashmore, I was wondering when exactly you would decide to take part in this game of ours"

Tracen chuckled to himself and took a bite out of his bagel, pausing the announcement to wipe the crumbs off the desk before continuing.

"Sadly, our next elimination is of a promising young woman and killer, as Karin Han got a little stuck and then had her brains blown out by Matthew Bell. It wasn't very cash money of her if I do say so myself."

Another chuckle at his silly joke.

"Then it was high noon in the saloon, as Victor Grail and Julia Guercio faced off in a quick draw contest. Victor however did not show the quick reflexes that made him favoured on Rivals.com, and I think we can safely say he's never making the Blue Devils like that.

"Sadly, we must now say goodbye to a real contender in this game of ours as Shu Hawthorne played chicken with the barrel of a gun and that ended exactly as you'd expect. Gun, like train, always wins.

"Then we have the John Endecott Memorial special as Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne got lost out in the snow and died of exposure.

"Crystal Henderson also died out in the wilds from a combination of exhaustion and her wounds and...

Tracen let out a yawn.

"Apologies, but I'm getting a little tired of all of you dying from the elements."

He clapped his hands together and played up slapping himself awake.

"And next...I don't believe this..."

There was silence followed by sound of shuffling papers.

"Jacob Lang died of drowning after he fell in the lake. Honestly, between all of you and me, I think we actually did your school a favor abducting you. I mean, if you'd have gone on that ski trip the insurance premiums would have been crazy. None of you would have survived on the mean slopes of the Whiteface Mountain Ski Resort.

"Then in a deep dark tunnel, a magical fey encountered a cat and the cat preyed upon it, as Fey Zelenka-Morrison was shot by Katelyn Graves, who continues to build up quite the body count.

"And finally today, Salem Fox sniped Jessica Romero from across the road. Let's all hope she doesn't rise again.

"And that is it for yesterday's deaths. Next we must cover the danger zones, because as you've probably all figured out, we like you to all be nice and cozy and nearby each other. It will also be beneficial because you'll be able to huddle together for warmth when you inevitably get lost in the wilderness. So today we're losing the Sleeping Quarters, the Quarters Basement, the Infirmary and the Underground Tunnels. I hope you all enjoy your hikes.

“But our Best Kill Winner, Trinity Ashmore should make sure to stop off at the Underground Tunnels to get their meal of: a large pepperoni pizza, an order of mozzarella sticks, and a 1 liter bottle of Pepsi and 1 liter bottle of Coke. We don't want to take sides in the cola wars and be considerate to your preferences, after all.

"That brings us to an end today though, so until next time, for god sake try to stop falling over."

And with that the speakers switched off.

DAY TEN: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2021

Weather: The weather has remained calm, with the snowfall stopping entirely and the wind dying down. The high is around 35 degrees F, 2 degrees C in the morning with a low of 30 F, -1 degree C, in the evening once the sun has gone down. The sun rises at 9:14AM and sets at 3:17 PM. The wind is consistent throughout the day and building to 10mph leading into the evening before leveling off and slowing down throughout the night. The moon is still in the waxing gibbous stage.

Here are the rolls for this set:

1. Kathleen Vozelnik (Jazzfat)
2. Beatrice Briggs (Pippi) Darryl Smith Jr. (Deamon, Hero Card used)
3. Adam Lader (Kotorikun)
4. David Worth (decoy73) Dawn Montogomery (DerArknight, Hero Card used)
[+] logs
♡Ultra Despair Girl♡ — Today at 6:10 PM
Yo

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:10 PM
Yoooo
[6:10 PM]
Doin the test rolls

we wait for our baller, out shot caller

Okay

I mean, you can test tho

1d420

@The Commander in Chad
1d420

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:10 PM
41 ⟵ [41] 1d420

1d69

@The Commander in Chad
1d69

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:10 PM
30 ⟵ [30] 1d69

Nice
[6:11 PM]
All is well

Mighty Staff Gundham — Today at 6:11 PM
First time I've ever been called baller
I'm here for it
And to call shots
Roll 1!

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:11 PM
Rollin 4 outta 39, Gundham calls, Rugga fetches, I be rollin

Mighty Staff Gundham — Today at 6:11 PM
Roll 1!

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:11 PM
1d39

@The Commander in Chad
1d39

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:11 PM
34 ⟵ [34] 1d39

♡Ultra Despair Girl♡ — Today at 6:12 PM
Kai Rosado-Prince (backslash)

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:12 PM

fucc
[6:12 PM]
sorry zee
[6:12 PM]
Kathleen Vozelnik (Jazzfat)

Mighty Staff Gundham — Today at 6:12 PM
Roll 2

1d39

@The Commander in Chad
1d39

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:12 PM
5 ⟵ [5] 1d39

Beatrice Briggs (Pippi)

Roll 3

1d39

@The Commander in Chad
1d39

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:12 PM
20 ⟵ [20] 1d39

Adam Lader (Kotorikun)

Roll 4

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:13 PM
1d39

@The Commander in Chad
1d39

rollem
BOT
— Today at 6:13 PM
1 ⟵ [1] 1d39

♡Ultra Despair Girl♡ — Today at 6:13 PM
David Worth (decoy73)
[6:13 PM]
That's a wrap, fellas

The Commander in Chad — Today at 6:13 PM
Till next time
[6:13 PM]
Logging
Finally, congratulations to our co-BDA winners TheLordOfAwesome and Skraal! Your quote nomination threads will be up shortly!

Please remember that there are three days for cards and for regular posting to wrap up for threads that are now in danger zones and a further seven days for leaving posts.

Characters slotted to die at the end of the 72-hour card period have an additional NINE days to die before they and their killer become ineligible for the Best Kill and Best Death Awards for this rolls cycle.

Any characters who have not died by the BKA/BDA deadline of the next rolls cycle will be taken over by SOTF_Help in order to complete their deaths.

Time for Cards:

Time for BKA/BDA Eligibility:
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

send me death ideas

no more needed thanks
[+] come and vibe with my bunch
[+] V7
ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics
last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
[+] V8
Adam Lader (adopted from RetroVenus)
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Hey. I really have a good thing going with David. I'd love a hero to keep him going.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Heroing David Worth with Dawn Montogomery. No death ideas needed for the moment.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Hello.

So some plans I had fell through and now I am on the market for receiving death pitches for Dawn.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Heroing Darryl Smith Jr. for Beatrice Briggs

I’m open for pitches but have a solid thematic idea I’d like to hit with Darryl’s death so keep in mind that I’ll have something I’ll want to be working towards.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Jazzfat

Post by Jazzfat »

need pitches :3
Jazzfat

Post by Jazzfat »

no longer need pitches :3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

[scare chord] 14 hours left to qualify for awards.
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
none of you can prove im in v8
[+] v9, AKA. Kermit rejects modernity, returns to writing mentally ill bisexuals.
[+] Sad Gay Hours with Kermit and Mara.
You've been living a while in the front of my skull making orders
You've been writing me rules, shrinking maps and redrawing borders
I've been repeating your speeches, but the audience just doesn't follow
Because I'm leaving out words, punctuation, and it sounds pretty hollow
I've been living in bed because now you tell me to sleep
I've been hiding my voice and my face, and you decide when I eat
In your dreams I'm a criminal, horrible, sleeping around
While you're awake, I'm impossible, constantly letting you down
Little porcelain figurines, glass bullets you shoot at the wall
Threats of castration for crimes you imagine when I miss your call
With the bite of the teeth of that ring on my finger, I'm bound to your bedside, your eulogy singer
I'd happily take all those bullets inside you and put them inside of myself
[+] The mallgoth who died offscreen in Supers
You can read me like a book
I'm not as clever as I look
I've got a sneaky kind of selfish
That I keep up on the shelf
With jars of double-sided comments
For people who've done nothing wrong
Preparing for the lights
And always practicing my sha-na-na's
I will stand right next to giants
And roar beside the lions
[+] Johnny R. Fightmaster
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
I'd been working on some open-ended shit
I was looking for an in and that was it
Back at the recital, signs remain vital
A statue is stone which rejects its own pulse
You heart's fair, your heart's square, your heart's not even there
Wasting shore leave on the girls from Point St. Claire
There is a light and it goes out, oh
A touch of classicism in the night
Your backlash was right where I wanted you
Yes, that's right, I wanted you, too
A touch of classicism in the night
Your backlash was right where I wanted you
Yes, that's right, I wanted you, too
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
@Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position
I totally get how our decisions were reached

From this position
I can say "no pregame murders," or "Tracen Danya is canonically a catboy TikTokker," or "go bother Deamon instead,"
From this position, from this position
It's kind of like eating myself to death

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
There's advantages to both
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right
There's advantages to each
(Advantages! Advantages!)

From this perspective, from this position
I have a good grip on both of them
Because I have stayed home
And have learned a little more about my community
Which is important
You know, Main's got 1,269 characters to read

So chat goes @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
@Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

And now you have gone terminally inactive
And then you didn't send an appeal
And so I will have to take away your beloved character and then I will have to kill them
(And i'll feel really bad about doing it even though it's my job ;~;)

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)
And we're coming back, coming back, coming back
Until there's no U.S. state left untouched on the map
We probably should have expected that people would mishandle colonialism in the Hawaii version

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right
Please don't yell at meeee

As a terrified autistic person
I'm amazed at my decision to play

On this occasion, there are a couple of things that we know that we pulled from Fact Magazine
One, character morality discourse is annoying and I don't care about it
Two, your time will come, but this is gonna be our version
So you should give us all of your roll nulls
Three, I wrote a goth and you did not, so shut up, because you don't know shit about goths that you didn't get from me

So times have been tough
And times have been tough
We have been staffkilled, unrolled, and rolled out
But honestly
And let's be honest with ourselves
How much time did we waste?
How much time did we all blow every day?

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Please do not ping @Staff as a joke!)
(Staff will kill you in real life!)
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue
(Advantages! Advantages!)

From this position
I feel an affinity for the both of them, which is confusing
But honestly
I should be careful because otherwise, I'm being, I'm being, you know, what's it called?
Oh, fuck it
-Reclining, I'm getting used to it
Like writing a mentally ill bisexual
It's an entirely new
Discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery

And then a couple of versions on mini
And then a version on main
And then back over to mini and then to main, again
To use up my desire for
Discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery

For an instant
We could have been sold as a book
But the site's all been plagiarized
From Koushun Takami anyway
So what you want for now
Is for someone to read you
And to hear that the trends you like
Won't become overplayed

And I don't knoOOOOOOOw what I'm doing
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

(Staff will kill you in real life!)
I'm losing my edge.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

[+] come and vibe with my bunch
[+] V7
ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics
last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
[+] V8
Adam Lader (adopted from RetroVenus)
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »