Childhood Friend Group

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Polybius

Childhood Friend Group

Post by Polybius »

Hello hello. I’m Polybius, you might know me from such Vs as TV2, V7, and PV3. I’ve come to you with an idea that I brought up briefly on Discord. The idea is a childhood friend group, roughly between five to eight people, who were very close friends in elementary school but have drifted apart since then. I’m imagining people with wildly different social groups and interests. Maybe some of them are still friends, while others haven’t talked to each other since they were ten. I think this is an interesting way to add a whole other layer to your character’s relationships, giving them these childhood friends who they might never interact with in daily life but are linked to through a shared past.

Another aspect of this ( the selfish aspect) is how my own character fits in. Penny Vargas is a loner who was in the group as a child and has never had friends since then, and she’s still kind of obsessed with her childhood friends. This will mostly manifest as one-sided internet stalking, and maybe some awkward encounters in real life. You can have your character interact with Penny as much or as little as you want, I don’t want to make this all about her. As far as commitment, all I’m thinking is a memory thread to start and we’ll decide together what to do from there.

So anyone can offer their kids, but I’m hoping we end up with a diverse group. If you’re looking at the current kids and going “there’s no way my kid would ever talk to these losers” I encourage you to sign them up anyway.

The Group (So far):
Penny Vargas
Rezaria Isa
Alec Yves
Manuel "Mañana" Hernández
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

You know what, I need to do something a bit more interesting with one of my kids.

Throw Rezariza Isa onto the list. Her and Penny both have nerdy interests, but just different enough that I can see them drifting apart still. Probably still tries to be nice whenever they interact, but things still get a little awkward.
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

I’d like to stick Alec Yves in here, I need to do more with him. Alec I feel would become more extroverted even as his self esteem got worse, so the two of them likely have little to no interaction. Alec may have even forgotten about being friends with her.
LYourLocalAutist

Post by LYourLocalAutist »

Yo, I'd like to submit my man Manuel "Mañana" Hernández for this. Since he was a lot nicer of a kid when he was, well, a kid, before giving in to crafting a tough guy jock bully persona for himself due to his naturally intimidating demeanor as he grew older, I think he fits really well with this concept of childhood friends who drifted apart.
My Kids:
[+] Raya Loux
Tall, muscular, attractive mechanic girl. Part of a metalworking club and a confident, protective and and friendly personality.
[+] Silvye Rattray
Extremely tiny (5'1) soft girl and flyer for the cheer squad. Exciteable, peppy personality with a latent hidden layer of insecurity.
[+] Céline Sharpe
Strange-named and stranged-clothed girl, ostracized and bullied for essentially being an advertising board for her "psychic" mother. As a result is extremely withdrawn.
[+] Manuel Mañana Hernández
Tall, stocky tough boy, member of the basketball team, nicknamed Mañana by his friends. Kind of a bully jock who treats his close friends with protectiveness and hearty, tough love.
Read all about them in detail in my pre-planning thread! viewtopic.php?t=9024

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”