Young & Beautiful

Located in the hallway just outside the gym, open

John Endecott Memorial Academy's homecoming itself, held within the school gym, on November 5th, 2021. The theme is Roaring Twenties. The Terriers lost the homecoming basketball game to their cross town rivals 69-71 the previous Wednesday.This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave. There are plenty of chaperones around to keep an eye on things and unsupervised areas are off-limits, so no private threads are allowed at the event.
backslash

Young & Beautiful

Post by backslash »

Eve Zima Homecoming Start

“What’s up, fuckers, it’s Eve coming at you live from… the hallway. Sorry for the shit quality, I’m on my phone and you know iPhone’s whole bit about how they have five million lenses to enhance camera quality is a fucking lie. Don't blame me for the background noise either, I'm gonna do my best to edit that out, but you know how it is.”

Eve was standing with her back to the plain brown brick wall, her phone held up at just the right angle to flatter her, and her other hand tucked underneath her chin as though she were resting her elbow on her desk, like she normally did when filming a vlog. The light out in the hall was dimmed, which meant that the video quality was, as she’d said, shit, but there was just enough to capture her perfect smoky eye and matte red lipstick, as well as the floral bobby pins holding her hair back from the right side of her face. Her visible hand was adorned with a white faux-satin elbow glove, and the angle of her phone camera was such that only a peek was afforded of her pearl necklace and the sparkly silver neckline of her dress.

“So I’m at Homecoming, right, and we’ve got this ‘Roaring 20’s’ theme going on, and I was thinking: Eve, you don’t give a shit that your school’s basketball team lost at Homecoming for like the thirteenth straight year, and you also don’t give a shit about this dance. You know what you have to do instead. And I was like, ‘You know what, me? You’re right.’

So that’s why tonight, to be on-theme, I’m gonna set the record straight for all of you on The Great Gatsby.”

Oh yeah. Dropping the hottest takes, just shy of a decade late. This one was going to do numbers.

“And I mean the book, obviously, not the movie. Leonardo DiCaprio is sexy to people like my mom, I get it. I mean, I don’t, because I’m not 47, but you know what I mean. We’re here to talk about what really matters, and what matters is that I shouldn’t have had to read this book for a grade, because it blew like all the moms in the audience of the movie version wanted to blow Leonardo DiCaprio.” Bam. Gottem.

God, she could feel herself losing her own interest already. She was going to have to improv for her life on this one, her face was not going to carry this video.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Maybe there were things to say here. He could be disappointed about the loss but that was a couple of days ago by now and truthfully while he kept up with how the basketball team performed, it wasn't like he cared all too much. He had wished they'd won but there's no point crying over it or anything.

Just show up to the dance, and forget about the game, it wasn't really the most prominent part to him anyway.

[ Perante Losoa Homecoming: Start ]

Maybe it was pretty obvious that he took a lot more creative liberties than he should've. He was totally for getting into the whole theme here, but it seemed like he just was wearing whatever time period he wanted to. He had a tan suit and a dark Victorian style riding coat, also donning a shoulder cape as well which might've been a bit too big for him. To top it off, he managed to grab a top hat last minute, which in his head seemed pretty dapper. Maybe it was all just to stand out a bit more, or perhaps he legitimately didn't know what people looked like in the 1920's, history wasn't one of his strong suits anyway. Either way, it was a good day of finding clothes and online shopping.

He had just stepped out a bit to get away from the crowd of people there. Crowds always made him feel slightly tense at times. He was planning on just going on his phone for a bit but of course you can't help but feel slightly intrigued when you hear someone disinterestedly talk about Leonardo DiCaprio and how he's... Sexy to some people? This was clearly one of the weirder things he'd overhear here. At least he could agree with that sentiment, DiCaprio was not attractive to him.

"What the hell?" He said to himself, which came out a lot louder than he expected, he had only intended to whisper that but nope. He internally cursed himself though, it's not usually a good thing for people to realize that someone is judging them. And this was the first thing he said after leaving the gym! He just had to pray that he wasn't heard, because that'd be embarrassing, at least to him.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
backslash

Post by backslash »

Yeah, gym hallway acoustics? Not good for stealth.

Eve's eyes flicked to the side, her carefully crafted expression of disinterest pinching into genuine irritation for a second before she smoothed it out again. Her thumb hit the "stop" button on her phone's video in a practiced motion, and she lowered it, instead planting the back of that hand on her hip as she turned to look at Perante.

Damn, okay, if he wasn't looking literally right at her, she might have tried to take a picture on the sly, because what was that outfit? Eve was well aware that she probably looked a little silly too, with one glove removed and stuffed into the cross-body clutch she'd worn to match her silver flapper dress, for the sake of being able to actually work her phone's touchscreen with the hand that wasn't on camera, but at least she was on theme and not several decades behind.

"You lost, pal? I don't think the historical reenactment society's meeting here tonight." Perante would have looked less out of place at some event at Eve's job. For all she knew, the outfit was from his job, and he'd decided to just show up straight from there. If that was the case, she might respect the hustle a little bit, as opposed to him looking like that on purpose.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
CardboardAirplane

Well, no getting out of this, now it'd just be kind of rude to not say hi so he just steps in the middle of the hallway and gave a wave followed by a pretty dramatic bow. Part of this was because this is how he tried to show confidence but also it felt somewhat fitting to him considering that this was based off the 1920's. People probably bowed a lot more during that time period, right?

He did let out a more of a strained chuckle afterwards though, the situation on hand didn't exactly give a good impression to start with and from the looks of it she didn't seem all too thrilled. Rightfully so though, he was intruding in a way from the looks of it, he saw Eve putting away her phone.

"Not lost." He pouted a bit. "Just like... Stepping out into the hall for a bit here. Just hmmmm- needed a bit of a walk, eh?" Completely missing the fact that he was getting judged for his fashion sense. "Well um, what are you doing out here? Dance is through the gym, most folks don't dress up to come here just to like, stand outside in the halls I think. Nice dress by the way." Choosing to deflect the conversation towards her instead of having him be the subject.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
backslash

Post by backslash »

The corners of Eve's mouth twitched up a bit at the bow. The compliment wasn't half-bad either, even if she couldn't tell whether it was sincere or just Perante's attempt at buttering her up because he thought she was going to lay into him. Whatever, she'd take it.

"Yeah, okay Paul Revere," she said, but the edge in her voice had softened. She retrieved her missing glove from the clutch and pulled it back on, abandoning her vlog attempt for the moment. "I was just bored. Half the people in there are pouting about losing the basketball game even though everybody knew we were going to. Figured I'd do something else to entertain myself." She shrugged.

"Not many places to walk to. Unless you were gonna try to break into the school? I'd figure that most people would rather break out than in."
CardboardAirplane

He relaxed a bit and if it weren't for the fact that someone else could hear him, he'd breath a small sigh of relief. Doesn't look like he's majorly fucking things up at the moment so that's a plus to him.

He walked towards the edge of the hallway and leaned against a wall, he'd put both hands in his pockets but they were too small to do that so he opted to put his hands behind his head. A fine substitute even if it was kind of uncomfortable.

"Oh no yeah we were totally gonna lose that. Truthfully, thought this was like, boring as well. Went cause like, you can't just miss this but really, there's not much to it." Which didn't exactly count as lying. He held a lot more importance to this event than he let on. After all, going here felt like it was part of the "high school experience" or whatever he could come up with. "That said," He mimicked holding up a glass. "At least there's sustenance so like, good parts there, hahaaaaaa."

"Oh no no no no, sounds like a bad idea." He waved a hand in front of him. "Though like, if you're bored like, nothings stopping you from like, leaving."
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread

Return to “Homecoming”