Proceeds to throw a relationship thread here not 11 months late

three flavor of cynics lmao

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
CardboardAirplane

Proceeds to throw a relationship thread here not 11 months late

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Tyson Peraday

[+] Fullbody sprite
For someone with interests like his and that’s quite calm when you’re watching him from afar, you’d expect him to be a lot less bitchy than he is.

Tyson is awkward and prefers to keep to himself, and it’s not that far off to say that he prefers the company of animals over other people. No matter how withdrawn he is though, he still makes an effort to do whatever good he can as long as you haven’t been rude to him. Not like he’s going to stand up for other people, but if someone needs something done, he’ll be open to help.

Despite this, Tyson gets overly defensive if called out or slighted and has bad control over his emotions, being very open about what he’s feeling and being quick to jump to hostility. He shows a protective and caring side to him, but this mostly comes out in relation to pets and other animals, along with his friends.

Hobbies & interests: Zoology, avians, hiking, running, music (singing & clarinet), reading

Looking for:
Friends: Smaller numbers here since he does like to keep to himself and is unbothered by this fact.
Acquaintances: If you’re not an enemy, he’s largely inoffensive, though difficulties socializing and getting easily frustrated may be off putting to others.
Enemies/Dislikes: Given a tendency to be more avoidant towards his problems instead of doing something to fix things, a single bad impression could land yourself here.
Relationships: Some flavor of bisexual, but probably not the best relationship material.
[+] Relationships
TBD, just writing names down so I don't forget
Beelzebub Smith
Artemis Cavallo
Heather Klein
Finn Cooper
Candy Carter
Beau Larkfinn
Mortimer Schaub
Rezariza Isa
Kiplyn Kaplan
Kaden “K.K” Kirabo

[+] Fullbody sprite
K.K is quiet and does little to stand out, making them fade into the background for the most part. Emotionally they’re not that expressive either and it can be hard to get a big reaction out of them.

That aside, they’re not unpleasant to be around, being friendly with a nurturing attitude. They appear lazy, but keeps on top of things and is succeeding, at least academically. Lazy still applies outside of that, having little drive for much else outside of their interests and is content to stay on the sidelines and watch whenever other people are doing things.

K.K has a small mischievous streak to them. They’re not someone who’d do pranks, instead finding some fun embellishing and lying in conversation. They’re noticeably sarcastic with a preference for dry humor, but this rarely crosses into being brash and is usually them being cheeky.

Hobbies & interests: First-Aid & medicine, botany, reading, writing, medieval weaponry

Looking for:
Friends: Meshes well with a lot of people, just expect more talking with them instead of actually doing stuff with them.
Acquaintances: Fades into the background easily, so a bulk majority of the relationships will end up here.
Enemies/Dislikes: Generally just assholes and other rude people, but if you’ve got other reasons to end up here then I’m all for it.
Relationships: Pansexual, probably the only one I can actually see with a good chance of being in a relationship and they’re not exactly someone who puts themselves out there.
[+] Relationships
Beelzebub Smith
Artemis Cavallo
Heather Klein
Finn Cooper
Candy Carter
Beau Larkfinn
Mortimer Schaub
Rezariza Isa
Kiplyn Kaplan
Bailey Gema

[+] Fullbody sprite
Your local delinquent who was held back a grade, but now that the prospect of having to be an adult is coming closer and closer, he’s starting to realize he’s actually kind of afraid of the way things are going and wants things to change. This was a recent change of heart however and therefore he’s spent most of his time in school being that kid who everyone questions if he still goes here or not.

Aside from his questionable academic skills, Bailey is seen as confident and stubborn in school and sports, preferring to be more independent and making him unpredictable to work with. Socially things are different and he prefers to surround himself with friends and desires close relationships.

Unquestionably aggressive and in your face without getting too physical, Bailey won’t ever pretend to like anyone nor will he hide that fact if it comes up for any reason.

Hobbies & interests: Exploring, outdoor survival, socializing, weightlifting, running, comedy

Looking for:
Friends: Ironically driven towards those not like him, meaning the trustworthy, kind, and caring type of people. He appreciates those like him as well, but still has a noticeable preference for the former.
Acquaintances: Despite the whole delinquent thing, he’s not that bad. He’s not an asshole to other students without reason.
Enemies/Dislikes: Just look at him.
Relationships: Bisexual, but is absolutely blind to this fact and just thinks everyone has gay thoughts from time to time.
[+] Relationships
Beelzebub Smith
Heather Klein
Grace Wills
Finn Cooper
Candy Carter
Beau Larkfinn
Mortimer Schaub
Rezariza Isa
Kiplyn Kaplan
Marcy Valerio
Arran Hensley

[+] Fullbody sprite
On a first glance, Arran looks rather odd, and that's on purpose. If you asked him why he dresses the way he does, it's because it is in fact, kinda shitty.

That aside, he's rather inoffensive and a pretty chill guy. Talking to him, Arran is easy to talk to and generally tries to be pleasant. He likes to surround himself with the company of others and doesn't like being alone, so he'll find any excuse to tag along with someone. Basically, he's never the first to start any conflict or hold a grudge against someone. That being said, he's very spiteful. If given a reason to hate someone, that hate stays for a long time. You get into an argument with him and you forget about it a week later? No, he'll still remember it and hold it against you.

Noticeably apathetic, he cares very little about his academic performance and tends to focus on short-term enjoyment with little consideration towards the long-term consequences. Arran doesn't let his more morbid interests show to the majority of people since he's well aware it's undesirable, but it doesn't stop it from slipping from time to time.

Hobbies & interests: Horror and the macabre, the supernatural, parties and social gatherings, tabletop RPG’s, card and board games, writing

Looking for:
Friends: Does his best to be one for as many people. Additionally, anyone he could openly speak about the more morbid interests with will land here, barring those with any reasons to hate them.
Acquaintances: Stands out and has more extreme opinions on others. More work might be needed for someone to end up here, but it's not hard.
Enemies/Dislikes: Holds a grudge and it stays with him for a while. Could be pretty easy to be here.
Relationships: Straight. Not entirely sure how good relationship material he is.
[+] Relationships
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

From below, a demon rises.

Note, please check out my own thread for more detailed information and decide how you feel about all of this:

For Tyson, Beelzebub would probably dislike him and casually bully him due to viewing him as passive, at least until his defensiveness causes him to fight back against her, at which point she would be satisfied and leave him alone.

For Kaden, Beelzebub would ABSOLUTELY start out by bullying them for being (seemingly) boring, but that mischievous streak could lead to the two of them being friends... IF Kaden could forgive Beel for her prior behavior.

For Bailey, Beelzebub would presumably view him as fun and probably would want to tempt him back to the dark side, in spite of his desire to change... but I'm not sure how he'd feel about that.

Lemme know what you think.
CardboardAirplane

I said I'd do this when the internet comes back and apparently it's gonna be gone the entire night. Well, phone post time.
VoltTurtle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:55 am For Tyson, Beelzebub would probably dislike him and casually bully him due to viewing him as passive, at least until his defensiveness causes him to fight back against her, at which point she would be satisfied and leave him alone.
I absolutely see this kind of rift between them, and I think even after she left him alone, Tyson would still keep this sort of grudge up. He would probably keep telling her to go away if the two of them happened to be in the same space, holding absolutely no willingness to make things better or let it go. She may be satisfied, he is not.

The only thing I can see them getting along about is the whole guinea pig thing, and even so two people having pets doesn't make them friends so don't bet on that doing anything. He prefers birds anyway 😞

(They're still cute in his eyes, don't worry)
VoltTurtle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:55 am For Kaden, Beelzebub would ABSOLUTELY start out by bullying them for being (seemingly) boring, but that mischievous streak could lead to the two of them being friends... IF Kaden could forgive Beel for her prior behavior.
They probably wouldn't, realistically. I don't think everything else about Beezlebub will be doing any favors; the rebellious attitude is a turn-away for them and probably wouldn't help their own image either. I don't think they'd ever report her behavior, but they certainly won't be helping with the "boring" accusations.

They wouldn't ever act hostile towards her, but they're definitely awkward around her and will just roll with the punches if she acts negatively towards them. I don't think the mischievous streak would make them more inclined to like her in return.
VoltTurtle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:55 am For Bailey, Beelzebub would presumably view him as fun and probably would want to tempt him back to the dark side, in spite of his desire to change... but I'm not sure how he'd feel about that.
Bailey would like to go ahead and say "hell yeah, fuck the authorities" alongside her, even if he is trying to force himself to listen better to authority figures (though his actual thoughts on the subject won't change) without being able to really verbalise as to why. Despite that, Beezlebub's cool and acting in very familiar territory to him so he'll be fine with her presence and might have trouble saying no if she tries to convince him to act in a rebellious manner. All in all she's cool, he's just slightly conflicted.

Also he wears a cross and vaguely considers himself Christian in the sense that he believes in God, Satan, Heaven, and Hell. I don't know if that'll affect things but I'll bring it up anyway.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Making the rounds, making friends, making enemies, making it up as I go along...

Tyson!
He's a bird guy? Artemis is a bird girl! They also have reading in common, so maybe running into one another at the library could be how they met. I figure her relaxed energy might be nice for him.

As an animal lover more broadly, there are two options with Heather: either she's really fond of him, or he also eats animals and she reserves a special depth of hate for him as a result.

K.K!
Not-cis solidarity from LK naturally, but otherwise they don't seem to have much in common.

Artemis might vibe with the tricksy stuff. I've had a vague idea in my head for a while of her trying to invent a new urban legend and spread it around, just to see if it'd take, what parts people believe more than others, that sort of thing, as a kind of social experiment. Maybe they could collaborate on that, I dunno. The medieval weapons interest also intersects with Artemis' RPG interest, I guess?

Outside of other considerations, Heather will fuck people up if they take issue with their they/them-ness.

Bailey!
Must've crossed paths with Heather at the gym, also non-zero chance they're both why each other were held back a year if I do roll with that with her too...

Dunno what sports he's into, but pushes a Grace towards him football?? Also Hope if baseball?
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Ello ello ello

If Bailey and Finn are friends, then odds are Marcy's on good terms with him too. Could be an interesting contrast between the two, with Bailey trying to clean up his act whilst Marcy's going in the opposite direction?
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
CardboardAirplane

Okay delay over, let's go
Dr Adjective wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 pm Tyson!
He's a bird guy? Artemis is a bird girl! They also have reading in common, so maybe running into one another at the library could be how they met. I figure her relaxed energy might be nice for him.

As an animal lover more broadly, there are two options with Heather: either she's really fond of him, or he also eats animals and she reserves a special depth of hate for him as a result.
Bird solidarity! Sure this would be really good for him, I could see them being good friends.

As for Heather, Tyson's outfit of choice is a faux-fur jacket and the love of animals doesn't stop him from eating meat. Down the trash on the opinions it seems. Normally he wouldn't mind Heather all that much, but if he gets shit for this then he's retaliating. Probably not attacking her beliefs at all, but just telling her to GTFO.

Dr Adjective wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 pm K.K!
Not-cis solidarity from LK naturally, but otherwise they don't seem to have much in common.

Artemis might vibe with the tricksy stuff. I've had a vague idea in my head for a while of her trying to invent a new urban legend and spread it around, just to see if it'd take, what parts people believe more than others, that sort of thing, as a kind of social experiment. Maybe they could collaborate on that, I dunno. The medieval weapons interest also intersects with Artemis' RPG interest, I guess?

Outside of other considerations, Heather will fuck people up if they take issue with their they/them-ness.
Actually I could definitely see that with Artemis & K.K. Maybe they wouldn't be all that concerned about the data, but just the idea of spreading a rumor around would be something they vibe with. And I guess if she ever has questions how to use a battle axe then they can be asked I guess.

K.K appreciates Heather's intentions but would prefer nobody gets hurt on their behalf.

Dr Adjective wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 pm Bailey!
Must've crossed paths with Heather at the gym, also non-zero chance they're both why each other were held back a year if I do roll with that with her too...

Dunno what sports he's into, but pushes a Grace towards him football?? Also Hope if baseball?
There'd probably be some weird connection towards her if that ends up being the case since she'd be with him comparatively longer compared to everyone else. Don't know how that translates to friendships, but more familiarity if this were the case. He would have seen her before at the gym though, yes.

Definitely need to think more about the sports thing though. I was leaning towards baseball or soccer, but whatever it is he probably might have troubles being able to consistently go due to grade requirements for sports.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
CardboardAirplane

Fiori wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:41 pm Ello ello ello

If Bailey and Finn are friends, then odds are Marcy's on good terms with him too. Could be an interesting contrast between the two, with Bailey trying to clean up his act whilst Marcy's going in the opposite direction?
I could say that they're on good terms, yeah. There would be some jealousy(?) on Bailey's part since he honestly doesn't find much fun in trying to be better and he's just doing it for his future. He's just going to be watching Marcy getting worse and being like "Damn, that looks like a good time"

At the same time, he knows it isn't going to be helping her so he's gonna have conflicted feelings on it
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Hello! Been meaning to hit this thread up for ages and with the arrival of the funny clothes prion disease man it seemed like the right time.

Tyson!
Ash is a fellow zoology enthusiast, but in a similar boat to Emmy’s Heather where they think of Tyson as a hypocrite for eating meat. Might begrudgingly put up with him to discuss cool birds they birdwatched every once in a while, but probably ended up on Tyson’s grudge list eventually.

KK!
Niall has a similar interest in reading and writing so may have struck up a conversation or two with them in the past- probably friendly acquaintances.

Bailey!
James and Rowan are the sorts of kind and trustworthy people he might be drawn to? The former is probably a bit more intimidated by his reputation, the latter less bothered by it. Niall to a lesser extent since he's a bit more reserved but he is the sort of model student Bailey might be beginning to envy.

Arran!
I think Arran and my kid Rowan could be pretty close friends. They both try to keep a wide circle of friends so chances are good they’re at least friendly, and I think their personalities are compatible enough to be closer than just that. They’re both chill and laid-back, they both dislike being alone so they’d always be down to hang out with the other, and they both tend to prioritize short term fun over the long term so can probably be found messing around in class rather than paying attention or partying when they've probably got too much homework backing up.
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”