Proceeds to throw a relationship thread here 11 months late

hoy hoy relationships, I got folks

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
CardboardAirplane

Proceeds to throw a relationship thread here 11 months late

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Perante Losoa: Perante is someone who would probably be someone who would have a lot of acquaintances without too many close friends. He's talked to a lot of people and was probably a lot closer to some people earlier in high school but eventually drifted away from them. He's someone that by default seems to exude confidence, crossing into arrogance at times. However it's somewhat noteworthy that he will change how he acts just to mesh better with someone personality wise, so if he's with someone who's more over the top or someone who's more reserved, he'll match some of those traits as well; some folks who see through this could see him as fake. Some things stay more consistent though, he's more careful than most and is pretty overprotective, and will probably at least attempt being a voice of reason if you try doing something stupid. Though with any friends he's closer with, he drops the act a bit and is a lot more down to earth, showing up as a bit more shy but highly loyal.

Hobbies: Photography, Theatre, Lacrosse, Traditional art, Jazz (Saxophone)

Looking for:
Friends: Probably not a lot of them, or at the very least on his end anyway. The type of people he'll be more like himself. Mostly people sharing his interests in lacrosse or art.
Acquaintances: The part that'll take most of his relationships, whether it be because he's talked with them once or he was closer to them at some point but not anymore.
Enemies: Because let's face it, how he acts is definitely going to annoy at least one person.
Relationships: He is openly bi and will flirt with both genders but he doesn't do much otherwise, he has had a crush on a boy for a while though but hasn't been confrontational about that at all, really only trying to make his thoughts subtle.
[+] Relationships
Marshall West - "Gotta like the guy! He's the captain too. Says some hmmm... Harsh things sometimes though... Could do without that."
Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - "A cheerful one, isn't she? This one's pretty nice to talk to. Someone chill to be with."
Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - "What is he saying half of the time..? Just smile and nod. Maybe it'll get me through a conversation."

Jack Kilgore: Jack strikes me as someone who you either like, or absolutely loathe, though I’m not going to tell you how you have to feel about him. Jack can keep up with whatever conversation you have with him, but has a tendency to dominate said conversation as well and can be pretty draining to be by as a result.. He doesn’t get too serious too often, but this goes to the extent where he’s really irresponsible as well. Jack has terrible impulse control, he will do or say whatever the hell he wants. He will just blurt out random things occasionally just to get some sort of reaction. Sometimes, especially to those that hate him, he’ll purposefully do what he can to get on their nerves just for fun, at least he sees it as harmless anyway. This can happen with friends as well, no one is spared from this; however he’ll go further with those unfavorable than it would with people he likes. Bringing up a lot of unwanted attention or just doing what he can to aggravate them.

Hobbies: Video games, true crime, business, movies, socializing

Looking for:
Friends: Maybe there’s people that don’t mind the way he acts. Those that share the same interests as well.
Acquaintances: He starts a lot of conversations. Guy can just start talking and talking and doesn’t have trouble doing so.
Enemies: I’d imagine as much as there are people that like him, there’s some, if not more that are the opposite. Man likes to purposefully be annoying and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.
Relationships: nope.
[+] Relationships
TBD
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Regarding your Perante lad, Marshall is both into photography and the captain of the boy’s lacrosse team, so they have that in common. Marshall is also oblivious to fakeness, and wouldn’t be annoyed by Perante’s fakeness, but he also has a tendency to be very bluntly honest (both in the good encouraging way and in the overly critical way) which could very much strain Perante’s ‘mask.’

Fitz is the absolute opposite of Perante in that he actively refuses to behave in a more palatable way, and often pushes his weirdness further than he would naturally precisely to prevent people who won’t like him for who he is getting close to him. (Often by scattering in more extreme lies with the conspiracy theories he actually does believe.) These two in a conversation together would likely be a test of ‘how long can Perante nod his head to whatever the fuck Fitz is talking about now.’ They just end up competing from different levels of the fake spectrum.

Molly’s less fake and more ‘just breezes over drama and pretends it isn’t happening’ so they probably get along fine in an acquaintance level.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

ViolentMedic wrote:Regarding your Perante lad, Marshall is both into photography and the captain of the boy’s lacrosse team, so they have that in common. Marshall is also oblivious to fakeness, and wouldn’t be annoyed by Perante’s fakeness, but he also has a tendency to be very bluntly honest (both in the good encouraging way and in the overly critical way) which could very much strain Perante’s ‘mask.’
I could see him getting a little defensive because of that. They've definitely got those common interests though and being the captain of the team would be something he'd be willing to respect so he's got that going for him as well. So it's probably something where he's more than willing to be around Marshall but would also be a bit wary of the bluntness so whenever they talk. If I had to guess, I wouldn't say he'd be nervous but he might get a little tense when he senses something negative about to be said.
ViolentMedic wrote:Fitz is the absolute opposite of Perante in that he actively refuses to behave in a more palatable way, and often pushes his weirdness further than he would naturally precisely to prevent people who won’t like him for who he is getting close to him. (Often by scattering in more extreme lies with the conspiracy theories he actually does believe.) These two in a conversation together would likely be a test of ‘how long can Perante nod his head to whatever the fuck Fitz is talking about now.’ They just end up competing from different levels of the fake spectrum.
You know what, that sounds nice actually. He wouldn't want to be someone who just straight up shows distaste for someone, but at the same time I feel like he wouldn't really like Fitz' more offbeat personality all too much so it'd really just like someone pretending to be nice just to not seem rude. Don't think any of them would be too close because of that. It's only so close you can get to someone just by smiling and nodding along. Nevertheless it sounds like something fun to play around with.
ViolentMedic wrote:Molly’s less fake and more ‘just breezes over drama and pretends it isn’t happening’ so they probably get along fine in an acquaintance level.
Something I could see. Seeing how she wouldn't be one to talk about drama, usually that'd lead to more casual conversations if they're at an acquaintance level so it wouldn't be like he'd have any reason to be against talking to her at all.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”