36 Chambers

Open

The recreation room was a larger room where the residents of the base would go to relax during downtime. The room has a collection of sofas and armchairs arranged facing a large grey CRT TV with built in VCR player that was usually used to play a variety of movies, a collection of VHS that can be found arranged on a bookshelf. The room also contains a ping-pong and pool table in its centre and a homemade bar along the far wall that was clearly added in later, even featuring a dusty neon sign for Coors.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Darryl was defending her. That was good. But Letitia didn't want to give Joan a choice, given how Letitia was threatening to shoot her. This wasn't good. Letitia was already going crazy, and it wasn't even out of paranoia. Letitia clearly had the upper hand.

"Yeah! Exactly! I'm just going to leave. Right now." Joan took a step back. "And I'm giving you nothing."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Everyone in the room was starting to piss off Letitia. Darryl was forgetting that this was a game of attrition and that supplies meant everything. One bottle of water pushed back the timer that counted down towards death from dehydration. With how much water humans needed to drink each day, the issued bottles would run out sooner than later if they weren't cautious.

And then, of course, Joan was forgetting who the bitch in charge was and decided to be defiant.

"I don't think you understand," Letitia told Joan. "I'm not asking you for a bottle of water. My rifle is telling you that you will give me one. You want to be the little girl staring down the charging bull, but guess what? The bull can still win."

Letitia moved forward to match Joan's step back, then adjusted her position with the gun.

"The price has gone up. Now I want all but one bottle of water currently on your persons."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

“Letitia, come on,” Darryl began, taking another step towards her. As he moved he made a show of putting his hand into his backpack, making the movement just a touch bigger than it really needed to be. Once his hand was inside it began frantically grasping blindly for the coconut pick. Meanwhile he tried to keep his face calm with a hint of concern, which wasn’t difficult given the circumstances.

“This is crazy, I just give you some of my water,” He offered. “No one has to get hurt.”

His fingers brushed again the blade of the pick and he slid them down to the handle.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Oh, no. Oh, hell no. Joan just continued stepping back toward the door, as Letitia now demanded all but one bottle of water. Darryl was still trying to keep Leticia off the edge, but it wasn't coming to any effect.

"And I'm telling you what I'm going to pay you. Zero bottles of water, and I leave."

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

No one was getting it. How much clearer could Letitia be with these morons? Joan had no right to refuse, and it wasn't that Letitia needed water now but would later.

Fine, if these idiots wouldn't get it, Letitia would make her point clear.

"Not until I get what I want!" Letitia shouted.

It looked like the threat of the gun and Letitia's commanding voice wasn't enough to get the point across to this dumb bitch. She'd have to use force to make the point across.

Letitia swung the barrel of her rifle at the girl. She could save ammo for when she really needed to use it.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

What was Leticia doing? Throwing a temper tantrum because she didn't have someone else's

Smack

Joan had just brought her left hand up in time so that she slapped her own skull, as opposed to being slapped by the barrel of a gun. Now things had gotten physical. Out of hand for her. But Leticia had a gun. All Joan needed to do was relieve her of that gun for long enough to make a clean getaway.

Joan, luckily, had left a single detail out of her weapon description as she opened her fan and slashed it at Letitia's wrist.

Version 8
[+] Version 7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Before Letitia could say anything else, Joan swung the fan at her. Letitia instinctively moved back a bit, expecting to get brushed with the paper fan. However, to Letitia's consternation, the fan wasn't paper but metal. And even worse, the little bit that connected to her upper arm really hurt.

"Bitch!" she screamed.

Letitia took a large step back, then swung the rifle towards the girl.

Negotiations were over. Joan had to die now.

Letitia pulled the trigger, and finally heard the sound of her weapon going off.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((GMing approved by Laurels))

The second swing unfortunately did catch Joan, to the point where it knocked her down. She got her bearings just in time to move to the right.

CRACK

The pain in her abdomen revealed just how slow she had been. Joan, by impulse, kicked at Leticia's foot before stumbling up and making a break for it.

CRACK

The next shot made Joan stumble in surprise, but there was no time for that. She just had to get out of there so that she didn't get hit a second time.

((Joan Leaven continued in All The Flowers Are Gone))

Version 8
[+] Version 7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

The rifle erupted and hit Joan. Letitia quietly gritted her teeth and cheered a bit. That was interrupted by the girl kicking at Letitia and running.

"No you won't!" Letitia shouted, pulling the lever to load the next round.

She raised it at the girl and fired again. This one didn't connect, but Joan was gone before Letitia could pull the lever again.

"Damn," she muttered to herself.

She then felt a stinging sensation in her arm. She looked down and saw the sleeve of her left arm torn. Joan had slashed her on her upper arm, cutting a diagonal line across the top of her arm. The sleeve was still attached, but Letitia knew she'd have to get to work on the wound.

"Well, so much for that," she said to Darryl. "Let me deal with this and then we can head out."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Things escalated because of course they did. Darryl could have tried harder to prevent it but he didn't, he could have rushed over and tackled Leticia to the ground. It likely wouldn't have been difficult for him. He couldn't even muster the steadfast lie of everything happening too fast for him to react to.

Joan got shot but managed to escape, so in the end no one ended up with what they wanted. Surprise, surprise. His white-knuckled hold on the pick remained for a few seconds afterward as he glared over at Letitia but then he released his grip and turned his gaze to the blood trail Joan had left behind with her exit. His face softened and a sick feeling grew in the pit of his stomach. Girl hadn't done shit but be in the wrong place at the wrong time, was fucked up.

Also could have easily been him had the timing been different. He glanced over at Letitia as she spoke, acting like it was all the most everyday thing in the world. She'd just gutshot someone but no big deal, needed to see to that cut on her arm that was all.

"Yeah, alright," Darryl said, even though the whole situation was anything but.

He swung the pack back over his shoulder and went over to get his coconut. The decision had already been made, he wasn't taking Letita with him to find Dick. Not after that display. It was too much of a risk, soon as the opportunity presented itself she may have shot his best friend. Nah, he wasn't even going to bother. He'd put his hand in the snakes mouth multiple times and hadn't been bit, but a snake was a snake and he wasn't a stupid old man.

"I'll go check outside, make sure no one heard that and is coming to check." He said, figuring it sounded like a convincing enough lie. "Once you're bandaged up come out front and we'll head off."

He strode out of the room without waiting for a reply. Made more sense that way as it gave Letitia less time to try and gauge his emotions too.

As he walked through the corridor he could see the drops of blood from Joan dotting the floor, creating a trail up to the door and out into the snow. A vibrant streak of red that vanished into the horizon.

He gulped down and breathed out as he shook his arms and legs out then he quietly pushed the door open and took off running, heading for the tops of the trees he could see in the distance.

((Darryl Smith Jr. continued elsewhere...))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Alright, you do you," Letitia said, walking away from Darryl and onto a couch.

Darryl was going to keep watch while Letitia patched up her arm. She rolled the sleeve up and began to treat the injury. Letitia didn't know a whole lot about first aid beyond the basic theory. Disinfect, wrap, move on. The injury from Joan wasn't too deep. It would make an unpleasant scar though. Letitia hated body mods that couldn't be covered or made stylish with accessories. A scar down her arm would be upsetting to see every time she held her arm in her sight. She could consider getting a tattoo to cover it if she survived. She could surely think of a good design.

Once she was done, Letitia rolled the sleeve down. The sleeve was cut, but it was still connected at the cuff, so she wouldn't have to destroy it. That was good, since she still needed additional layers.

"Alright, I'm ready," she cried out to Darryl.

There was no response.

"Darryl?" she called out, leaning her head to look down the hall.

Nothing.

Letitia grabbed her bag and her rifle and stepped out. Once she looked around, she realized Darryl was gone. He had taken off.

"Oh, you dick," she muttered.

Letitia made her way away from the room and to her next destination. Fine. She was surely better off on her own. If she didn't have annoyances like Salem nor Darryl around, Letitia was sure to come out on top.

And she would have gotten her damn water bottle.

((Letitia May continued in Snatched Edges))

Return to “Rec Room (DANGER ZONE)”