Venom

Private

Located on the shore of the frozen lake between the forest itself, the campground was a popular summer getaway spot for residents of the town, frequently featuring BBQs and games of softball among other activities. The campground now is home to a few abandoned tents, an outhouse, and a single lonely log cabin with a small jetty. The time left abandoned has seen the log cabin, outhouse and jetty become covered in moss.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Oh, fuck..." gasped Shawn, a horrified look on his face as he stood there helplessly, watching as Aracelis brought that bat down upon Beth's skull with a sickening crack.

Well, helpless was perhaps the wrong word. If he'd chased after Leslie straight away instead of scrambling for his glasses, he might have been able to come to his ally's aid in time. It also probably would've helped if he had kept running, instead of stopping and gawking as Aracelis channeled her inner Negan. Truth be told, right now he was scared out of his mind, his face turning pale and his spear shaking as he questioned whether it was even worth coming to Beth's aide at this point.

He almost turned and ran away right there and then, if it didn't become obvious that his competitors were about to flee as well, opting to instead chase them off before they could finish the job. It was easy to come to an ally's rescue when his enemies were already on the run, after all.

"Yeah, that's right! You better fucking run!" he yells, watching them flee into the woods before turning back to Beth, kneeling down beside her and clicking his fingers a couple times. "Beth? Beth?!? C'mon, talk to me damnit!"
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Everything quickly went to shit. In an instant, Beth’s fortunes reversed, and before she had time to fully comprehend what had even happened to her she felt the impact of a foot on her chest, rolling her onto her back.

Fuelled by adrenaline and hate, and beginning to recover control of her spasming muscles, Beth fumbled at the shoe planted on her. Instinct and fear said to fight with all she had. Hate demanded defiance to the end.

“G-go to hell,” Beth attempted a snarl, managed more of a faltering stammer.

Sudden movement prompted the girl to jerk her head away. Then an indescribable pain erupted from her temple. Needless to say, she screamed.

Aracelis was saying something. Leslie was saying something.

Bethany groaned. She turned her head back up to meet her attacker’s gaze. No, she wouldn’t give her the same satisfaction, she…

Bethany’s vision swam. Dark shapes ebbed and flowed at the edges of her sight. The pain was as constant as it was intense. Was that Shawn? Or the killer’s little goon? Beth’s hand came falteringly up to her head.

“Fuck you!”

She’d tried to scream it with all of her chest. Beth had never cursed aloud before, not as far as she could recall. She wanted to make it count. But her voice came out weak, ragged. Her fingers came away wet, and warm. Far too wet.

No, no, she wouldn’t beg. She was better than that. She was a good person, a strong person, she had to be, she’d decided so. Someone was talking to her. Everything was so hazy. So unfocused. Beth’s hand went from her head to the fouled pickaxe. She could use it stand, she could… get up… fight?

Clicking? That was distinct. How much time had passed? Bethany couldn’t make out who was standing over her. But they weren’t hurting her. Must be Shawn. Her fingers felt sickeningly moist, sticky, as she reached out to grab his hand. Had to be Shawn. Please be Shawn. Even before this hell, who else could she genuinely trust but Shawn?

“I’m, I’m, I,”

Bethany’s vision obstinately refused to clear. The indistinct boy-shaped silhouette loomed large over her, but friendly. She had to be stronger. Had to get up. Had to stop fucking stammering. But she was so cold, and her chest insisted on hurting from where it’d been stomped on despite the much more insistent signals from her skull.

Beth grasped weakly, frantically, for Shawn’s hand. Strength seemed to be returning to her, slowly but surely. She would survive. She was sure of it. She’d make sure of it. By God’s will or her own she’d fight on.

“Give… give me water. P-painkillers. S-somewhere, somewhere warm. We can still,”

Still what? Give chase? Follow their tracks later on? Something like that. Some part of her was cognisant of Aracelis’ weakened state, and still demanded to see her lose a second eye for her crimes.

“We, I, I won’t let her, won’t let her get away.”

God. She sounded pathetic. She needed to recover. Get her strength back, get her sight back. Then she could get her own back. She had to.

[Bethany Lyon continues, too strained to stand on her own.]
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

She felt him haul her up, his grip tight but arm shaking.

He pulled her along with him, refusing to allow her dragging feet to slow them down.

Leslie was the bodyguard to her celebrity and he was extracting her from what remained of the danger.

Aracelis' consciousness kept fading in and out but she was sure she heard herself laughing as she was led away.

((Aracelis Fuentes continued in Myopia))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((Leslie Romero continued elsewhere in a safe spot as well))
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

A dark cloud hung over Shawn's head as he listened to Bethany mumble away.

Frankly, it was a miracle she was conscious at all to begin with. In a way he almost wished that she wasn't, would have made things easier if she'd died instead of clinging to life with the stubbornness that was oh so typical of her. At least then he could move on, focus on his own safety instead of looking after an injured friend.

She always loved making things more complicated, didn't she?

Pausing as he mused over his thoughts, he silently rummaged through her things and took out a half-empty water bottle, along with some painkillers that he was quick to feed her. "Easy there, killer. She's long gone at this point..." he says, glancing outwards just to be sure, before reaching down to hoist her up. "C'mon, let's get you indoors..."

He slowly guided her towards the cabin, dragging her bag and pickaxe along behind him. He kept an eye on her every step of the way, observing her motor functions after that vicious injury. What he observed didn't exactly leave him with much hope, 

"Doubt she'll last though, after you carved a chunk out of her face like that" he says, clearing his throat. "Hell, maybe we'll get lucky and an infection finishes the job, eh?"

He shouldered his way past the door, guiding her through that cabin to the first bed he could find, easing her down gently before wiping his brow.
"Theeeere we go... Anything else I can getcha?"

Bethany mumbled something, he couldn't tell what, before quickly passing out. At which point he slumped back into a chair, watching her for a long, long time. His expression betrayed no emotion, staring as his thoughts began to drift.

She was as good as dead, wasn't she? At best she was sporting a whopper of a concussion, at worst: Severe brain damage and a fractured skull. Even a minor injury could be fatal in a game like this, with zero hope of proper medical care. If anything, the merciful thing at this point would be to...

He found himself glancing over at the pickaxe laying against the windowsill. 

Then back at Bethany. 

Then back at the pickaxe.

Slowly, he began to inch towards it...

((Shawn Bellamy continued in Zugzwang))
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"

Return to “The Campground”