Clouds Up

Popular for both its ambience and food, the Around the Clock Diner is open twenty-four hours a day to feed the hungry masses. The restored stainless steel paneled exterior and buzzing neon signs transports back to the early 1950s thanks to the retro décor. Black-and-white tile floors, red vinyl booths that line the front wall and the ends of the restaurant, white Formica tables, and a chrome trimmed counter that runs the length of the service space give off authentic diner vibes. Matt Osterhaus, chef and proprietor, takes pride in his classic diner recipes but likes to ‘class the joint up’ on weekends and evenings by offering a limited ‘gourmet diner’ menu.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"At least you get tips though," Yaz said running a hand through her hair. "Or have a job."

Yaz had always had the dream of being a professional artist. She was planning on going to college first but was in the process of making a portfolio so that she had something to send to any potential jobs.

Michelle was in the process of trying to get some ketchup out of the bottle when she spoke again.

"I um, I was actually thinking of using some of my pay to take my girl to prom,"

She had said it so quietly Yaz had almost missed it. She followed this up by asking if Yaz and Amy were going. Yaz sunk down into her chair at the thought of prom. She didn't like large groups at all and at prom everyone had their own entrances. To say Yaz hated the idea was putting it lightly. She would probably spend the whole night not speaking due to how self-conscious she would be. If should could muster up the courage to go to prom at all.

"I'm not sure yet. I'd kinda forgotten, and I'm...not really good with crowds." Yaz slowly got quieter as she spoke until the last words came out almost as a whisper.

"I may go." She offered meekly.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Amy idly fiddled with the strap for her camera currently slung around her neck as she listened to Michelle talk about how little money she was getting currently, working at the ice cream place. "At least you're actually getting money…" Amy muttered, barely audible. She couldn't really complain; it was simply her own laziness that was stopping her from getting a job. She had honestly been planning on doing something about it, but she'd just never found the enthusiasm to do so. Yaz seemed to have the same line of thoughts, although in her case, Amy guessed it was more shyness and desire for an artsy type job stopping her, rather than laziness.

Michelle went on to suggest other dessert style items, her speech halted every so often as she tried to get ketchup out of the bottle. She suggested brownie, and Amy felt her face light up slightly. "Ooh, yeah, that'd be nice. I mean, if that's all okay with you, an' all."

As Michelle continued her currently fruitless search for sauce, she asked Amy and Yaz whether they were going to prom. Amy tapped her finger against the table, and stared upwards as she thought. Really, prom hadn't been at the front of her mind; that space was permanently occupied by Doctor Who, Supernatural et all. Yaz didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea; understandable, really. Amy wasn't exactly a huge fan of large crowds herself.

"Yeah, I'll probably go, I guess." Amy offered up after a while. "I guess it depends on whether anyone asks me or not. And, I mean, there's a couple of guys who I wouldn't say yes to if they were the last people on earth. But if no one asks me, probably not. I think it'd be pretty boring otherwise, and I can't really be bothered to ask anyone myself."
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Michelle gave up and took a knife to the inside of the bottle to get some of the ketchup for her fries. Her love of condiments was very strong. Ketchup came rushing out and soaked everything on the plate. She beamed, satisfied and started chowing down on her dinner slash very very very late lunch.

"I don't really dance or wear make up or get dressed up but I guess it could be fun, right? It's an American rite of passage or so every show or movie I've seen about high school says, so it's worth a shot."

Michelle nodded in agreement with the dessert choice. She wasn't fussy when it came to chocolate.

"So who would you say no to?" she asked quietly, wiping her hands on a handful of napkins, having sucked down the plate of food.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz had also forgotten about the fact that people would be asking others if they would go to prom with them. This if anyhting only made her feel worse about the whole thing. She hadn't thought about any boys she'd say yes or no to. What would she actually do if someone did ask her to go to prom with them. She wasn't sure if she could even say no to anyone. It just seemed unpleasant.

Like Michelle Yaz didn't do any of the things that were typically done at a prom. Which she could see being an issue when it cam to having fun. But then again she could have fun. Yaz was still conflicted on the idea.

Luckily for Yaz she was saved from answering Michelle's next question about who they'd say no to by the arrival of the waitress with her chicken nuggets. Yaz thanked her as she put the plate down in front of her and immediatly took a bite out of one of the nuggets.

It had been a while since Yaz had even had chicken nuggets so she took another quick bite to ensure she wouldn't have to answer. She hoped that neither Michelle or Amy noticed what she was doing and just assumed that she was hungry, which was partly true. Watching Michelle eat for the entire duration of the conversation had made Yaz hungry so she was glad that her order had arrived so she could eat something.

She gave a small shrug so that she could say she had given some answer. One thing she didn't want happening was to be asked the question a second and directly at her. She wasn't sure how confident she'd be at answering if both Michelle and Amy's attention was focussed on her.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Michelle was having far too much ketchup with her fries. This was not an opinion. This was a fact. Amy honestly could not see how someone could eat anything that was pretty much swimming in ketchup. Amy liked ketchup herself, but in small doses. It didn't really matter though. Different strokes and all that. Amy tried to stop herself from making a face of mild disgust.

In response to Michelle talking more about prom itself, Amy picked up a fork, and pointed it at Michelle as she spoke. "See, there's one problem I have with prom. I don't think I have anything to wear that's really… suitable for prom. And that means spending money, of which I'm currently lacking due to reasons completely unrelated to Glee and Supernatural."

Amy grinned as she prodded the rest of the condiments with her fork. "And as for the dancing, the less said about that the better. Although, if having a good time means looking like a moron, so be it."

Michelle asked the two other girls who they'd say no to. Amy looked past Michelle and into space, the fork now being twirled in her fingers, as she thought. Before she could reply, the rest of the food arrived. Amy thanked the waitress, and noticed that Yaz had immediately launched into her meal. If it had been anyone else, Amy would have accused them of being a fatty-fat-fat, but Amy guessed that Yaz was trying not to participate in the conversation too much. I guess prom must seem terrifying to her… hope someone does ask her to it. I think she'd enjoy it if she was with someone.

Amy stabbed a chicken nugget and ate it, before answering Michelle. "Lessee… wow, I'm gonna sound really bitchy here, aren't I? I guess I'd have to say… Ben Ward… Clayton, Joey… uh, Adonis… I, uh, guess that's it?"

There were probably more people Amy could have added, but she didn't want to sound too bitchy. She didn't know every single one of Yaz and Michelle's friends, and didn't want to insult them. Instead, she turned to Yaz, and said "You okay Yaz? You've been a bit quiet" before spearing another nugget and chewing on it thoughtfully.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Michelle finished up her food and giggled. She licked her fingers and wiped them on a napkin, then pushed her hair back.

"Haha, kay. You're selective, Amy. Not a bad thing at all! I can't dance for beans. I mean, I can like, do the twist and the macarena but I think that's it. I'm mostly just going for Kam. And if every movie I've ever seen about high school is right, we should go because it'll probably be really dramatic and there will be a choreographed dance number."

She tucked her head down and looked up at Yaz. She smiled at her reassuringly.

"It's expensive yeah and it's a pain working extra shifts at the ice cream shop but it's a once in a life time thing I guess. Kind of like a wedding but with less quality food and the same amount of drunk people."

She shoved her plate to the side and the waitress noticed the gesture. When she came to recover the plate, Michelle asked for a brownie and the waitress nodded and left again.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz stopped eating when she heard Amy listing off who she wouldn't go to prom with. The list was mostly made up of some of the louder and better known members of the football team. They tended to share on quality, big egos and attitude problems. Although Yaz didn't know much about Clayton so she withheld judgement.

She was taking a drink when Amy pointed out that she'd been quiet and almost choked. Coughing she nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. It's just that I'd forgotten all about it. I guess...I probably wouldn't go with anyone you mentioned. They aren't exactly nice people." Yaz then realised how childish she had sounded. Slowly turning red she raised her free hand to rub her eyebrow practically hiding half of her face in the process.

"If someone nice asked me I guess I'd go." She said from behind her hand. Yaz didn't readily want to talk about plans for prom since she didn't actually have any but it didn't seem fair to have Amy and Michelle say what they were planning without offering anything up herself. "I'm...I'm scared of prom."

Yaz had been trying to keep it a secret but it felt better to get it off her chest. She knew Amy and Michelle would understand, at least she hoped they would. It was easier for her to be truthful with her friends anyway. Strangely of all the things Yaz had to do at Aurora it was prom, the event were she would be seeing some people for the last time that made her the most anxious. It didn't really make sense.

Part of her feeling had something to do with prom being an event many people said they remember because of the fact it was the last time you'd see some members of your class. It was also the last time the whole class would be together in the same place at the same time. Making many people view it as a big deal. That perception had rubbed off on Yaz and since she was normally shy and quiet normally the idea of prom being that important of an event did scare her.

She took another sip of her drink. She knew it made no sense to be scared of an event that was meant to be fun. That made her annoyed at herself but she couldn't help it. She glanced at Amy and Michelle. "I'm not the only one that's nervous right?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Amy continued eating her chicken nuggets as Michelle spoke. Maybe it was just because of how good the food looked, but Amy had actually become pretty hungry by now. Man, if mum and dad find out about this, they're probably not gonna be pleased I had something to eat before having a proper meal… although, my eating patterns are pretty messed up…

Michelle had finished talking about dancing, and was now talking to Yaz about cost, or something. Amy considered the whole matter of dancing as she ate. Sure, she had said she'd dance, no matter how badly, if she enjoyed herself. But dancing really wasn't her thing. And she didn't want to look like a complete idiot in front of the entire school. Huh. Isn't that the same excuse I use to get out of doing PE?

Yaz was now speaking, and Amy was glad to hear that she wouldn't go with any of the people she had mentioned. Her calling them "not exactly nice people" was kind of an understatement, but, yeah, it was fair enough. Then, Yaz said something in the quietest voice possible, so that Amy could only just hear it.

"I'm… I'm scared of prom."

Amy looked at Yaz in confusion at her statement. At first, she couldn't quite understand it. It was just an event; not heights or a shark fighting tournament. How could she be scared of Prom? It's just the same people she sees everyday… Then again, it's not like they're always surrounding her all the time, all in the same room. And it has been built up as this massive thing… I guess someone like Yaz would naturally be uneasy about it.

Amy's look of confusion turned into one of sympathy when Yaz finished speaking. "Aww, Yaz, don't worry ‘bout it! I'm sure there's loads of people who are getting all worried about prom for various reasons."

Amy tapped her chin as she thought for what to say next. "But, uh, first… is there anyone you actually wanna go with? Or would you rather not say? Because you need to make sure you don't just say yes to any guy, or the whole thing'll just be miserable." Amy speared a chicken nugget as she thought some more. "And, hey!" she said, hastily swallowing. "You could always just go with a group of friends, or something. Basically, don't worry. There's gonna be friends there, right? You could just stay with them, if you want."
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Sorry for the slow. Finals week ate my life @_@))

Michelle looked at Amy and Amy seemed to be similarly confused by Yaz. The waitress set down the brownie and Michelle leaned across the table to grab Yaz's hand.

"Hey yeah, you can come with us! Kami and I are probably going to go in a group, you should come! It really takes down the limo cost when there's more people to split with. And you can get dressed up and look fancy and prove to your kids that you were hot in your young days!"

She looked at Amy and nodded. "Uh hu, you wanna?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz admitted to herself that it did feel good to actually tell people she trusted that she was scared of the prom. Their reactions were the thing that she was the most worried about. She dreaded them laughing at her, even though that seemed unlikely. What she was expecting was reassurances that it wouldn't be as bad as she thought. Meaning the actually reaction she got was pleasantly surprising.

Amy made the regular attempts at reassurances but Yaz could tell that she sincerely believed what she was saying instead of just saying it to make her feel better. Michelle however was extremely sincere in her suggestion of letting Yaz go to prom in the group she was going with.

It was such a kind of and thoughtful gesture Yaz couldn't help but smile.

"I like that idea. It'd be better than me arriving with just a date...if I even get one."

Yaz took a sip of her drink as she decided if she was going to accept Michelle's offer. Eventually she nodded.

"Yeah, I'd like to go to the prom with...Go with your group to prom."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Apologies also for slowness. Revision is just the worst thing, isn't it?))

Amy finished up the last of her chicken nuggets as she listened to Michelle. She was glad to hear that Michelle agreed with her. It would be great to see as many people as possible at Prom-well, people who weren't complete asshats of course-and she was sure Yaz would regret it if she didn't go. But if she was gonna go, then it would be best to go and enjoy herself, and Yaz seemed to prefer the idea of going with a group than with someone else.

Amy stabbed her fork towards her plate, forgetting that she'd already finished all of the chicken nuggets. The "clink" sound made her jump slightly, but she quickly started laughing, both at that and at Michelle's last statement.

"Hey, I like to think I'll still look stunning when I'm older. Something for my kids to aspire to. If I ever have kids, of course."

Amy nodded slightly, and resumed twirling the fork round in her fingers. "But yeah, if no-one asks me than hey, I'd definitely go with your group to prom." Amy thought for a moment before breaking out into a grin. "Tumblr can wait for one night!"

Amy remembered she still had Michelle's ice cream hat on, and decided to poke it again with her fork. She had kinda grown attached to it now. She didn't really want to give it back. Maybe Michelle could say someone had stolen it and she needed a new one. And technically, that wouldn't really be lying, either…
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Yeah, it'll be great. We can all just go in a big group. Who needs a date when you've got friends right? And when people are slow dancing we can start a conga line. A....slow conga line? I guess?"

Michelle looked on with a whining frown as Amy poked the hat. She jammed the last of her fries into her mouth and slumped down.

"Mr. Nice Cream noooooo."

Michelle began counting her money on the table again, shuffling around the coins with the tip of her index finger.

"No kids for me, thanks. Babies are gross. They're all pink and squishy. And they leak all the time. And I'm really not comfortable with something that large comin' out of my hoo haa."

She looked back up at the girls and smiled.

"So we'll make a big group and go together?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz liked the idea of going to prom with a group of friends much more than going on her own or with a date. It would be less stressful and people would pay less attention to her if she was with others and Yaz was completely fine with that. She was starting to feel more comfortable with the conversation though so when Michelle started to make jokes she joined in.

"Maybe we could just do a slow Macarena?"

Then Amy mentioned having kids which was something Yaz had never thought about. Sure she'd had crushes before but she'd never thought about starting a family with them. In fact the thought of even having a family had never entered her head. She had to agree with Michelle when it came to babies. At least until she was older.

"When I'm older I'll probably still be tiny." Yaz said in reply to Amy. "If I have kids they'll probably be taller than me."

It had got Yaz thinking though. What kind of person would she like to start a family with? It was a big decision to make and it couldn't be made lightly, it gave your life a new purpose and meaning but at the same time Yaz felt like she would end up having her freedom reduced. She rubbed her headband as she thought it through. Eventually she gave up and went back to the conversation at hand.

"I'd like to go as a group. But are you sure Kam would be ok with it?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Amy grinned at Michelle and Yaz's interesting ideas for dancing at prom. Man, that'd be something to see. A slow-mo conga line and a slow-mo Macarena. The sad part was, it'd still probably be better than Amy's regular dancing. Amy laughed, and said "Hey, so long as I'm not the only person looking silly, I'm cool with any dancing."

Michelle's cry of despair at the terrible fate that had befallen Mr. Nice Cream started Amy up laughing again. She tried to put on a mock sinister face, which was slightly ruined by the fact that she was still giggling. "I'm just such a vile villain, y'know?"

Amy's face changed yet again at Michelle's vivid description of babies, this time into one of disgust. Yeah, she was really making the whole thing sound delightful. That, and the birthing video some evil friend of hers had linked to, had kinda put Amy off of the whole "kids" thing for the near future.

"Ew. No, ick, ew, still eating here" Amy frowned, and looked down at her empty plate "… well, uh… digesting."

Yaz then mentioned the fact of how small she was, and how her kids would probably be taller than her. Amy had a rather odd vision of normal sized Yaz and a kid the size of a skyscraper standing next to her. "Oh, wow, Yaz, I can actually picture that. That's kinda freaky, actually."

Amy leaned back in her seat, and fiddled with her camera; mostly adjusting the strap so it wasn't choking her. She found a couple of buttons she hadn't had any need for, and decided to press one. The camera decided to make a fairly loud beep in response. Amy looked back up at Yaz and Michelle rather sheepishly.

"Uh… oops. But, uh, yeah, the group thing sounds awesome!"

Yaz then brought up the question of whether Kam would be okay with Amy and Yaz joining them. Aside from the fact that she was currently dating Michelle, Amy didn't know much about Kam. So she simply sat back in her chair, let Michelle answer the question, and tried to find out what exactly she'd done to the camera.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Slow Macarena. Yeah, that sounds super romantic. But anyway, no worries at all. I'm sure Kam wouldn't mind a big group. It probably takes the pressure off everyone to go with a bunch of people anyway. We can splurge on dinner somewhere nice before hand and then go to the dance fat and bursting out of our dresses and dance the slow macarena......Slo-rena? Whatever. It'll be fun!"

A clock above the counter caught her eye and Michelle jumped up. She left her bill's worth on the table in exact change (with a very middling tip which she felt a little bad for).

"Ugh, I almost forgot. I have to get home to give my cat his meds."

Michelle snatched away her hat from Amy and sympathetically pat the ice cream mascot a few times before putting the hat back on.

"You're safe now," she said to her hat.

"Thanks so much for having dinner with me guys, it really cheered me up. And now I'm way more excited for prom! I'll see you guys later kay?"

With that she leaned into the booth and gave each girl a tight hug before grabbing her bag and running out towards home.

((Michelle Weschler continued in It's Traditional To Nap In Gazebos))

Return to “The Around the Clock Diner”