Short Circuit

Oneshot, on the way to destruction

The housing in the town is made up of simple two-story houses, most of these of built in the style of 70s and 80s American suburbs despite being far removed from such a setting. Many of the houses have similar layouts with some divergence: most feature a bottom floor consisting of a kitchen, dining room and living room, a second floor with a master and secondary bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. A few of the houses have garages, but the vehicles they contained are either gone or have been rendered inoperable.

Thread Limit: 2
Pippi

Short Circuit

Post by Pippi »

((Jess Kawazoe continued from Lines in the Sand))

‘Not now, Jess’

‘Not fucking now, Jess’

The scowl emblazoned on her face was fierce enough that it coulda melted the ice coating the ground, the aimless fury built up inside of her almost enough to stop the shivering and shuddering that had preoccupied her body for the last few god-knows-how-many hours. She trudged onwards, out of the village and into the light of day as it rose up over the horizon, no goal in mind but forward.

‘Not now’ indeed. All of a sudden she’d stopped being important. Stopped being frickin’ relevant even.

If there was anything worse than being straight up ignored, it was that. Being treated like a child, being looked down upon, being straight up dismissed offhandedly without a second thought; however you wanted to describe it, it was all applicable to the way she’d been treated in there. She could understand it, even though it still stung and pissed her off, when people kinda laughed her away when it came to physical tasks; she was small and skinny, she had the constitution of a baby, and the slightest drop in temperature was enough to give her a nasty cold for a week.

But this? This had just been a stupid dumb argument, with people talking over one another and getting pissed off cause of that. Far as she could tell that was why everyone had been malding, at least. Everything in sight and earshot had still been all kinds of blurry and nebulous; she hadn’t totally gotten the gist of why everyone was jumping down each others throats, but it had all been so sudden, yo. That kinda thing generally happened when nobody was actually paying attention to what anyone really wanted.

And she hadn’t even been given a friggin’ chance to contribute, or to try and play peacemaker, or nothing. She was sick, she was shaky, so she wasn’t even allowed to talk, was that it? Go back to bed, and don’t bother the adults while they’re talking? What was she, a part of the group, or just the result of a good deed? A trophy to make ‘em feel warm and fuzzy at the heroics they’d achieved?

Nah. Forget that. Lying there, tossing and turning and unable to rest all night had gotten her all riled up. Being ignored was the final nail in the coffin. She wasn’t just there to be there, she wasn’t a fuckin’ liability, yo. They all wanted the same thing, right? Keeping as many people alive as they could? Putting Chloe’s plans for the folks who’d taken to playing this game to one side for now, there was no way to make a stronghold filled with like minded folks without first finding those folks, was there?

Search and rescue? Yeah she could do that. She could do that easy.

She pushed forwards, the crunch of snow beneath her shoes the only sound to break the silence. She hoped they were her own boots. They felt like hers. The insoles were damp enough. She’d grabbed a pair in the dark, pulled them on, and burst out the front door as fast as she could. Hadn’t even bothered to lace ‘em, she’d need to do that soon enough. Hadn’t seen the need to grab extra clothes, any extra layers, her bag, her gun, nothing but blankets and towels and her own indignation keeping her going. The sooner she got this started, the sooner she would be back, yo. Entourage of folks willing to save lives in tow.

She’d get this done. She’d prove it to them. DJ Jazzy Jess didn’t need to be coddled and cared for like she was about to break apart.

She was gonna get this task sorted. No matter what.

((DJ Jazzy Jess continued in Human After All))
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “Housing”