Just another Relationship-Thread, 2. Edition

SOTF-Newbie looking for relations, now revamped and improved

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Hello! I have ideas, especially ones concerning Evie and Dawn, since I was about to go respond to your movie night thread and realised it'd be a better idea to know who they are to each other before doing that!

So, ideas!
Firstly, Dawn:
Evie's a very friendly and upbeat sort, so she'd probably vibe with Dawn's positive energy. They also have somewhat similar aspirations, with Evie wanting to become a veterinarian in the future, so that might be a thing to bond over in the absence of any clubs in common. Probably not a particularly close relationship, I'd imagine, but friendly?
Bethany on the other hand has probably brushed off her "annoying attention seeking" enough times that they just avoid engaging with one another.

Ethan:
Now that I think of it, Ethan could be how Evie knows Dawn in the first place. Depending on what else he does in his free time, they might be friends?

Derek:
Bethany probably gives him a hard time for his weirdness? She's kind of an ass that way.

Judy:
Well, Evie's relentlessly positive, so she probably rates high on the "easy to make smile" scale. Bethany likely the opposite, she takes herself too seriously, but I don't see her having anything particular against Judy.

and Do:
Bethany's not a Student Council type, her politics being a little too much to the right of most other students' to really represent them, but if Do does anything with Debate or Model UN as well, they might know each other through those? Besides that I think she'd admire him to some extent, partly depending on what his politics are, but even so his work ethic and reliability rate high in her books.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Hello and thanks for taking interest in my children!
Let's get right to your ideas:
Dr Adjective wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:51 pm Firstly, Dawn:
Evie's a very friendly and upbeat sort, so she'd probably vibe with Dawn's positive energy. They also have somewhat similar aspirations, with Evie wanting to become a veterinarian in the future, so that might be a thing to bond over in the absence of any clubs in common. Probably not a particularly close relationship, I'd imagine, but friendly?
I agree that Dawn and Evie could easily be friends. Judging from your thread, they have similar optimistic attitudes and kind of care about health. But they also have no clubs or hobbies together, so they wouldn't be that close. So yeah, I would greenlit their not-close-but-good friendship.
Bethany on the other hand has probably brushed off her "annoying attention seeking" enough times that they just avoid engaging with one another.
I think so too. Dawn takes time to take a hint, but once she realizes the other person doesn't want to be her friend, she tends to back off quickly. So avoiding it is.
Ethan:
Now that I think of it, Ethan could be how Evie knows Dawn in the first place. Depending on what else he does in his free time, they might be friends?
Well, he has a youtube channel, the chess club, and although I forgot to mention it in his not-yet-approved profile, he also like to visit the arcade in the Salem Willows when he has time, meaning he is a little into arcade video games.
Also his family falls in a similar category as Evie's with being not rich but rich enough to never lack anything they need. So they have that in common too.
Derek:
Bethany probably gives him a hard time for his weirdness? She's kind of an ass that way.
And Derek really dislikes people with high-and-mighty-attitudes, so I doubt this two will ever get along. However, I wouldn't call it a rivalry since I don't see much reason for them to ever interact in any meaningful way.
Judy:
Well, Evie's relentlessly positive, so she probably rates high on the "easy to make smile" scale. Bethany likely the opposite, she takes herself too seriously, but I don't see her having anything particular against Judy.
Yep, Judy likes people wo are easy to manipulate/entertain. Bethany probably knows Judy exists due to the latters efforts to make an impression on everyone, but that's it.
and Do:
Bethany's not a Student Council type, her politics being a little too much to the right of most other students' to really represent them, but if Do does anything with Debate or Model UN as well, they might know each other through those? Besides that I think she'd admire him to some extent, partly depending on what his politics are, but even so his work ethic and reliability rate high in her books.
Do is pretty much in the political middle, believing that both left and right are wrong for different reasons. While he is a perfectionist, his perfectionism is different from Bethany's in that he believes other people can't be relied on and he has to do the important stuff himself. So the opposite of Bethany, who believes everyone should aim for perfection. Also he comes from a poor background, being raised by a single-mom with three jobs at a time. And finally much his strictness and high-and-mighty-attitude are just a facade because he believes he should always give off an air of competence. Outside of his student council work, he is much more relaxed.

So I think the most logical relation would be some "Not so similar"-twist where at first glance it looks like the two share a lot of things, but the more is revealed it becomes obvious they have very little in common. That also means that any relationship would quickly deteriorate once they become aware of the other's true nature and background.

So that is what I think about your relationship-ideas. I would like to hear what you have to say about my thoughts.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

That all sounds pretty alright to me, I especially like the potential arc you present for Do and Beth, that could be really cool! Whatever his feelings though, I'm not sure Beth would actually be that down on Do on account of his background or being able to chill, mostly she just has unreasonable standards for effort/attainment because she doesn't really grasp the comparative privileges she has, plus that whole complex around her dad's political career... but I digress!
I admit with Derek and Judy I didn't have a lot to work with, I just felt a bit of a compulsion not to leave them out.

Particularly looking at Ethan, I like the idea of him and Evie becoming friends at the arcade, perhaps back in middle school if not early high school? The way I imagine it playing out is, as she's new in town coming into middle school, she kinda glues herself to the first person she has anything in common with and that lucky guy is Ethan when she meets him at the arcade? And following from that, that's how she knows Dawn, but they're not really that close, just friendly.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Dr Adjective wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:02 pm That all sounds pretty alright to me, I especially like the potential arc you present for Do and Beth, that could be really cool! Whatever his feelings though, I'm not sure Beth would actually be that down on Do on account of his background or being able to chill, mostly she just has unreasonable standards for effort/attainment because she doesn't really grasp the comparative privileges she has, plus that whole complex around her dad's political career... but I digress!
Well, since Do is gonna be the last character I plan to send into pregame, we still have some time to figure out the details.
I admit with Derek and Judy I didn't have a lot to work with, I just felt a bit of a compulsion not to leave them out.
Nothing wrong with that. After all, V8 will probably have over 100 characters like always, so everyone knowing everyone would be unrealistic.
Particularly looking at Ethan, I like the idea of him and Evie becoming friends at the arcade, perhaps back in middle school if not early high school? The way I imagine it playing out is, as she's new in town coming into middle school, she kinda glues herself to the first person she has anything in common with and that lucky guy is Ethan when she meets him at the arcade? And following from that, that's how she knows Dawn, but they're not really that close, just friendly.
I think that is a cool idea! Would be down to that.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
RiceKrisp

Post by RiceKrisp »

Been on-off thinking about any relationships between our characters- we are both sotf newbies after all, so it'd be funny.
Willa definitely doesn't know any of them unless they met in a weird way(then I can see her getting along with Judy or Dawn/Ethan), and I think with like, a stretch Connor would know some of them, BUT OH BOY RILEY-

Dawn
Connor: Nothing, sorry.
Riley: They have a shared interest in chess and are both in the chess club, which is neat. I highly doubt Dawn doesn't know about his previous time as a bully though, and since she's more of a heroic character, I don't think she would like him. Of course I could be completely wrong on that front and she actually is happy with how he's turning himself around, really depends on how you think she'd see him.

Ethan
Connor: See Dawn.
Riley: Return of the chess interest! I think Riley would prefer Ethan's personality to Dawn's, though I feel like it's more likely Ethan dislikes him.

Derek
Connor: INTROVERT PARTY. I think they'd get along talking about music, and they both got into an aesthetic partly/entirely due to their parents. Only problem is on how'd they meet in the first place because you know. Shy kids.
Riley: How long has Derek been a goth? If it was sometime in middle school, Riley has definitely rifted on the kid. Doubt they'd get along otherwise, too different.

Judy
Connor: Judy seems like she'd be the type to have became friends with him in elementary school, or maybe early middle school. Less because of interests, more because of the fact that he's very easy to make smile and laugh.
Riley: Another weird one, though I think the most likely thing is that Riley's also in the cooking club(I'm still working him out). I can see him being a bit annoyed with her but still appreciating her company? Like, he thinks she's a bit much but other than that think she's funny. Highly doubt he would've picked on her in middle school. He's somewhat hard to make laugh.

Do
No ideas.

Up to you, we can discuss it!
V8 - the roleplay, not the juice.

Only ended up with her lol:
Willa 'Wil' Kurt
Current Status - Alive
Pregame: 1 - 1.5(tech thread)
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

RiceKrisp wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm Been on-off thinking about any relationships between our characters- we are both sotf newbies after all, so it'd be funny.
Willa definitely doesn't know any of them unless they met in a weird way(then I can see her getting along with Judy or Dawn/Ethan), and I think with like, a stretch Connor would know some of them, BUT OH BOY RILEY-
Took me a little because INTL and TV3 kinds keep me occupied, but I can finally respond. Nice to see you taking interest in my characters!
Dawn
Connor: Nothing, sorry.
No problem. After all, the senior year is probably gonna have over 150 students like the other versions. So it makes sense that not everyone knows everyone.
Riley: They have a shared interest in chess and are both in the chess club, which is neat. I highly doubt Dawn doesn't know about his previous time as a bully though, and since she's more of a heroic character, I don't think she would like him. Of course I could be completely wrong on that front and she actually is happy with how he's turning himself around, really depends on how you think she'd see him.
Actually, Dawn is not a member of the Chess Club despite loving chess. The reason is that she gets really competetive when it comes to chess, and she doesn't want others to see this side of her. Also she loathes bullying, but she believes that everyone deserves a second chance. So if Riley is honest in trying to do better, she wouldn't mind his past at all.
Ethan
Riley: Return of the chess interest! I think Riley would prefer Ethan's personality to Dawn's, though I feel like it's more likely Ethan dislikes him.
See Dawn. Except that Ethan is in the Chess Club, so they could be friends. Probably not too close, but good enough to talk on a daily basis since they see each other in the club.
Derek
Connor: INTROVERT PARTY. I think they'd get along talking about music, and they both got into an aesthetic partly/entirely due to their parents. Only problem is on how'd they meet in the first place because you know. Shy kids.
I would agree that they are probably not that close, but see each other as similar spirits or so? So kinda quaintances who don't hang around often but enjoy the others company when they do.
Riley: How long has Derek been a goth? If it was sometime in middle school, Riley has definitely rifted on the kid. Doubt they'd get along otherwise, too different.
How long he has been a goth is still in the air, since his profile isn't finished yet. But I was thinking about somewhere during the last year of middle school.
Judy
Connor: Judy seems like she'd be the type to have became friends with him in elementary school, or maybe early middle school. Less because of interests, more because of the fact that he's very easy to make smile and laugh.
Judy only started with her cheerful persona in middle school, so they could have become friends then. She probably looks down on him for being a punk, which she finds weird, but she wouldn't show this and instead pretends to not mind it.
Riley: Another weird one, though I think the most likely thing is that Riley's also in the cooking club(I'm still working him out). I can see him being a bit annoyed with her but still appreciating her company? Like, he thinks she's a bit much but other than that think she's funny. Highly doubt he would've picked on her in middle school. He's somewhat hard to make laugh.
I think that could work. She would probably see him as a challenge to entertain. Also the cooking club relation could be a reason for them to interact a lot.
Up to you, we can discuss it!
Sure we can. Feel free to tell me what you think of my answers.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
RiceKrisp

Post by RiceKrisp »

Actually, Dawn is not a member of the Chess Club despite loving chess. The reason is that she gets really competetive when it comes to chess, and she doesn't want others to see this side of her. Also she loathes bullying, but she believes that everyone deserves a second chance. So if Riley is honest in trying to do better, she wouldn't mind his past at all.
Oh okay! And yeah he is honest about it- still working out that aspect of his character though. They'd know each other because of Ethan, then?
See Dawn. Except that Ethan is in the Chess Club, so they could be friends. Probably not too close, but good enough to talk on a daily basis since they see each other in the club.
Sounds good!
I would agree that they are probably not that close, but see each other as similar spirits or so? So kinda quaintances who don't hang around often but enjoy the others company when they do.
Yeah! Maybe they got grouped together in class one time and that's how they met?
How long he has been a goth is still in the air, since his profile isn't finished yet. But I was thinking about somewhere during the last year of middle school.
Ah okay. I was thinking Riley would lay off on the bullying around then, so they probably don't know each other.
Judy only started with her cheerful persona in middle school, so they could have become friends then. She probably looks down on him for being a punk, which she finds weird, but she wouldn't show this and instead pretends to not mind it.
Oh okay! Connor really got into punk when he was freshman year of high school(at least in the current draft of his profile), so Judy definitely knew him before it. They might've been closer during middle school? Closer, at least in that Judy wouldn't have been looking down on him for his decision.
I think that could work. She would probably see him as a challenge to entertain. Also the cooking club relation could be a reason for them to interact a lot.
pregame arc where it's just judy trying to get the entire cooking club laugh
Sounds good though!
V8 - the roleplay, not the juice.

Only ended up with her lol:
Willa 'Wil' Kurt
Current Status - Alive
Pregame: 1 - 1.5(tech thread)
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

So, I revamped this thread since a few things changed. Bumping it up so everyone sees the "2. Edition".
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

I know this is a few months old, but now that I try to reignite this thread, allow me to restart the conversation. Sorry for the long pause.
RiceKrisp wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 pm
Oh okay! And yeah he is honest about it- still working out that aspect of his character though. They'd know each other because of Ethan, then?
Sure, we can say they know each other over Ethan.
Sounds good!
The Ethan that finally got approved is a bit of a pacifist. So he might have had some reservations against Riley at the start of high school. However, by now they could be friends.
Yeah! Maybe they got grouped together in class one time and that's how they met?
Derek's final version is different in a lot of ways, but I think that relation with Connor would still work.
Ah okay. I was thinking Riley would lay off on the bullying around then, so they probably don't know each other.
Now it gets interesting: According to his final profil, Derek started listening to Goth Rock at the start of middle school and became more goth-like over time. So there might have been a point where Riley tried to bully Derek. It probably didn't work because Derek is used to some stuff at home. So yeah, there could be bad blood between them, even with Riley regretting his actions.
Oh okay! Connor really got into punk when he was freshman year of high school(at least in the current draft of his profile), so Judy definitely knew him before it. They might've been closer during middle school? Closer, at least in that Judy wouldn't have been looking down on him for his decision.
pregame arc where it's just judy trying to get the entire cooking club laugh
Sounds good though!
And in regards to Judy and Do: Since those two won't even be in V8, all relations are void anyway.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”