SOTF Song Contest # 37: Video Game Music

Finally!

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Beep boop pippi is IN
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

I'm down.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

I'm actually gonna sign up for this one because this might be the one area of music where my shitty basic picks wouldn't just be completely dominated by hipster songs I've never heard of from people who listen to way more music than me.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

I'm up for this! So I am in! ^^
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Polybius wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 am I'm actually gonna sign up for this one because this might be the one area of music where my shitty basic picks wouldn't just be completely dominated by hipster songs I've never heard of from people who listen to way more music than me.
Basically same.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Posting memes about living in a society as they sip gamer fuel:

Jilly
MK Kilmarnock
dmboogie
Murderweasel
Emprexx Plush
RC
Somersault
Laurels
Blizzard
TLOA
Buko
Polybius
CondorTalon
Ohm
MethodicalSlacker

Songs to 360 noscope to:

Off – Avatar Beat
The Heavy – Short Change Hero (Borderlands 2)
Crazy Bus – Title Screen
Pony Island – Beelzebub
The Gap Band – Outstanding (NBA 2k19)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Love You, My One and Only
Sound Voltex IV Heavenly Haven - Siren -Lyre of Tragedy-
Shadow Hearts – Near Death Experience
Catherine Warwick - Pollyanna (I Believe in You)
Cuphead OST – Floral Fury
V.V. Brown – Shark in the Water
Joe Kelly & Alex Gold – Dark Scavenger (Reprise)
Xenoblade Chronicles OST – Black Tar
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - Awakening the Chaos
Atelier Sophie OST – Cityscape of Words
Please send in your top songs in the following format:

12- Song Name
10- ...
8- ...
7- ...
6- ...
5- ...
4- ...
3- ...
2- ...
1- ...

With 12 being your favorite song, 10 being your second favorite, and so on. The top 10 songs will continue into the finals. Public votes count for half.

Remember to tag me in Discord for public votes, or post in this thread.

Votes by board PM or Discord are both perfectly acceptable. If you're in this round and you do not vote, you will be disqualified.

Good Luck! You have two days before the round ends to vote. This round will end Monday, August 12th at 1:30PM EST
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Semi Final # 1 - Results

There was one disqualification this round due to no votes being submitted on time.
[+] DQ
Crazy Bus - Title Screen submitted by RC.

It received 1 point.
In addition, the following four songs have been eliminated:
[+] Game Over

14th Place: V.V. Brown - Shark in the Water submitted by Somersault. It received 27 points.

13th Place: Joe Kelly & Alex Gold – Dark Scavenger (Reprise) submitted by MurderWeasel. It received 47.5 points, including one 12 and one 8.

12th Place: Off – Avatar Beat submitted by MethodicalSlacker. It received 49 points.

11th Place: Shadow Hearts – Near Death Experience submitted by Ohm It received 52 points, including one 10 and one 8.
This means that the following 10 songs will move on to the finals:
[+] Insert Coin to Continue
Pony Island – Beelzebub
Semi-Final 2 will be up shortly!
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

12- Song Name
10- ...
8- ...
7- ...
6- ...
5- ...
4- ...
3- ...
2- ...
1- ...

With 12 being your favorite song, 10 being your second favorite, and so on. The top 10 songs will continue into the finals. Public votes count for half.

Votes by board PM or Discord are both perfectly acceptable. If you're in this round and you do not vote, you will be disqualified.

Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Semi-Final # 2 Results!

There were no disqualifications this round! Hooray! That means that the following 5 songs will not be continuing to the next round:
[+] YOU DIED.

15th Place: Dreaming Mary OST- Nightmarish submitted by Maraoone. It received 30 points including one 8 and two public 10s.

14th Place: Europa Universalis IV - The Voyage submitted by Riki. It received 34 points including one 8.

13th Place: (old) Runescape - Autumn Voyage submitted by Skraal. It received 44 points including one 10 and one public 12.

12th Place: FFXIV OST - Shadowbringers Boss Theme submitted by Espi. It received 49 points including one 12, a public 10, and a public 8.

11th Place: SDR2 OST - Ekoroshia submitted by Fenris. It received 56.5 points including one 8.
The following songs will be continuing into the final round:
[+] Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right

Halo 2 Soundtrack - Halo Theme (Mjolnir Mix)
Xenon 2: Megablast - Intro
Galerians - Lilia's Theme
Favored Nation - The Setup
Transistor OST - The Spine
Hollow Knight OST - White Palace
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Remorse (Carpenter Brut Remix)
NieR: Automata OST - Amusement Park
HEALTH - TEARS
Akira Yamaoka - One More Soul to the Call
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Players 1-20:

Blizzard
Brackie
Buko
Cactus
CondorTalon
dmboogie
Emprexx Plush
Endellion
Jilly
Kermit
Kotorikun
Laurels
MK Kilmarnock
Pancapples
Pippin
Polybius
Primrosette
Ruggahissy
Shiola
TLOA

SO REAL IT HURTS

Transistor OST - The Spine
Pony Island – Beelzebub
Favored Nation - The Setup
Galerians - Lilia's Theme
Hollow Knight OST - White Palace
Akira Yamaoka - One More Soul to the Call
NieR: Automata OST - Amusement Park
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Remorse (Carpenter Brut Remix)
Halo 2 Soundtrack - Halo Theme (Mjolnir Mix)
HEALTH - TEARS

12- Song Name
10- ...
8- ...
7- ...
6- ...
5- ...
4- ...
3- ...
2- ...
1- ...

And my Mom said I'd never get anywhere with these games!

Contest Voting ends August 19th at 1:30PM EST.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

SOTF Song Contest # 37 - Final Results

The following song was disqualified owing to no votes being submitted on time:
[+] F
Favored Nation - The Setup submitted by Kermit, it received 59 points including one 12, two 10s, and one 8.
And now, the final rankings:
[+] 17th Place
Pony Island – Beelzebub submitted by Blizzard. It received 21 points including one 8.
[+] 16th Place
Galerians - Lilia's Theme submitted by Primrosette. It received 25 points including one 10.
[+] 15th Place
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - Awakening the Chaos submitted by MK Kilmarnock. It received 26 points including one 8.
[+] 14th Place TIE
Halo 2 Soundtrack - Halo Theme (Mjolnir Mix) submitted by Pancapples. It received 31 points including one 10.
Hollow Knight OST - White Palace submitted by Pippin. It received 31 points.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

[+] 13th Place
HEALTH - TEARS submitted by Endellion. It received 34 points including one 10.
[+] 12th Place
The Gap Band – Outstanding (NBA 2k19) submitted by Buko. It received 44 points including one 12.
[+] 11th Place
Atelier Sophie OST – Cityscape of Words submitted by Jilly. It received 47 points including two 12s.
[+] 10th Place
Sound Voltex IV Heavenly Haven - Siren -Lyre of Tragedy- submitted by CondorTalon/ It received 54 points including two 12s and one 8.
[+] 9th Place
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Love You, My One and Only submitted by Polybius. It received 55 points including two 10s.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

[+] 8th Place TIE
NieR: Automata OST - Amusement Park submitted by Kotorikun. It received 61 points including one 10 and two 8s.
Cuphead OST – Floral Fury submitted by Laurels. It received 61 points including two 10s and two 8s.
[+] 7th Place
The Heavy – Short Change Hero (Borderlands 2) submitted by Emprexx Plush. It received 68 points including two 12s and two 10s.
[+] 6th Place
Xenoblade Chronicles OST – Black Tar submitted by dmboogie. It received 70 points including one 12 and two 8s.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

[+] 5th Place
Akira Yamaoka - One More Soul to the Call submitted by Brackie. It received 78 points, including two 12s, and three 8s.
[+] 4th Place
Transistor OST - The Spine submitted by Shiola (that's me!). It received 81 points, including three 12s, one 10, and one 8.
[+] 3rd Place
Catherine Warwick - Pollyanna (I Believe in You) submitted by TheLordofAwesome. It received 82 points, including two 12s, one 10, and three 8s.

This leaves the final two:

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Remorse

VS.

Return to “Song Contests”