Flight Terminal

Open!

Just off the shore of the island, the partially submerged wreckage of an old, four-passenger propeller plane can be found. While most of its body is jutting out of the water, the tail is submerged and buried in sediment. Luckily for the adventurous, the cabin doors are still accessible and provide access inside the craft. The interior is also relatively intact, although it smells strongly of mold and rocks gently with any large waves or high winds.
Applesintime

Flight Terminal

Post by Applesintime »

((S078 — Matthew Bell: Game Start))

Just his fucking luck. Just his fuc-king luck. Matthew just wanted to fucking go skiing. He'd never goddamn went skiing before but it sounded like fun, so he figured that he'd go and goddamn have some fun and maybe flirt with someone or hang out with his boys or do literally anything other than get abducted by some stupid son of a bitch with a stupid fucking name and watch one teacher get his fucking head blown off and watch the other get killed by something outta fucking SAW. And of course, he was in some sorta fucking bullshit Survival of the Fittest shit.

Well, he wasn't gonna be fucking killing anyone, that was for sure. If he was in the goddamn Marines, maybe it would be different, but he was a goddamn high schooler, not a crayon muncher yet! Opening his eyes, Matthew immediately stood to get up from whatever seat he was in. But there was a belt or something stopping him. Fucking great.

"Stupid fucking piece of shit belt," Matthew cursed as he fiddled with it. It was kind of rusted and brittle, so instead of unbuckling himself he just snapped the metal part of the belt right off and stood up, banging his head on the roof of what looked like some dinky fucking plane. It had to be a fucking dig at him, what with being a fucking aviation brat. "sons of bitches!"

Exhaling angrily, Matthew realised that shouting and swearing wasn't gonna fucking get him anywhere. Kneeling down in the middle of the flight aisle, he took off his bag and unzipped it, taking a look inside. Food. First aid kit. Flashlight.

Handgun.

Matthew yanked it out the second he saw it, scooting over to one of the windows so he could get a better look at it. It wasn't anything he recognised, but it wasn't some Hi-Point trash. Maybe some shitty Chinesium gun or Eurotrash, but it was a gun. Actually felt pretty good to hold, too. A Grand Power K100. Fishing an instruction manual out of the bag with it, he glossed over it. Slovakian, fifteen rounds plus one, 9mm.

At least something was going his goddamn way. If some psycho with a gun came at him, Matthew could defend himself. Although, nobody was gonna do that. No fucking psychos here.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

You know, out of all of the things to be questioning right now, it felt a little weird to think about the fact that he wouldn't be able to see the damn Mario movie. But he was trying to get his mind off of this fucking game and this was just one of the things that came up in his mind.

[ Jack Kilgore Game: Start ]

Jack was constantly muttering the word "fuck" to himself because god fucking damn it! One moment they were just cracking jokes on the bus and the next he'd have to fucking start cracking peoples necks! Bad deal Danya, he thought these games only happened during the summer! Why the fuck was this happening now? Couldn't the terrorists have at least like, told everyone about their plans to switch schedule or something? It would've been the least they could've done. Ya know, in addition to not throwing them into a fucking death game.

There was a long moment when he first got here where he was just... Lost, unsure of what to do. Killing someone was kind of a big thing, no fucking shit, and Jack wasn't really in the best position to do so. Bad weapon, and he was someone who sat in front of a computer all day so of fucking course he's not the most athletic.

The idea of his impending doom was rather unpleasant, so that's when he decided to start wandering around. Get a good look around, figure out your bearings, realize it's still winter, fuck, hopefully find someone else who wasn't planning on killing him.

He looked for one of the cabin doors and got it open, throwing axe in hand just in case there was some psycho or something with a gun. I mean come on, there was always one person left somehow, not everyones going to be friendly. Well at the very least, he could imagine most of these people weren't savages, he was sure most of them would be rather friendly aside from a couple of people.

And what happens if he comes across one of them? Well he'll cross that bridge when he gets to it.

"Aha, not gonna lie. This kinda fucking sucks." A voice rang out from behind Matthew. The understatement of the century right there.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The second someone talked, Matthew whipped around, gun raised and finger on the trigger. When he saw that the guy behind him wasn't a total fucking psycho trying to kill him, Matthew lowered the gun, panting.

"Jesus fucking Christ, don't sneak up on someone like that I could have fucking shot you!" Taking deep breaths, trying to get rid of the adrenaline running through his system, Matthew looked the guy up and down. Average height, bony. Didn't know his name. Was a fucking idiot judging by the whole "coming up behind someone in a fucking horrible death game and spooking them" thing.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
CardboardAirplane

Oh yeah, guess this guy was a psycho with a gun, well that's shitty.

Wait never mind, he put the gun down. Still though, he couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed after a rush of adrenaline.

"Heeeeeeeeey! Hey bud, doesn't any gun safety classes tell you to not aim a gun at something you don't plan to kill?" He said, shifting the blame onto the other person here.

Thinking about it, this guy totally looks like he could beat him to a fucking pulp. Oh yeah, and he's got a fucking gun so maybe Jack would rather not mess with him. He put his arms up to show he wasn't much of a threat (Though that may have been obvious even without the surrendering.) but also he's gonna wanna be fucking safe so he slowly moves behind a seat and there's no way he's letting go of the axe. So what if Matthew lowered his aim? He still has a fucking gun on him.

He was already thinking about any options in case this guy does try to go after him. Uhh, he could... He could...

Okay you know what, he'll figure something out.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Well, fuck, you could have been someone trying to sneak up on me to I dunno, slit my goddamn throat with your little axe or some shit! Excuse me for being a little fucking jumpy when we've just been abducted by some dickhead and I've just watched two of my goddamn teachers get killed!" Matthew realised at the end there he was maybe yelling a little loudly. Still, he couldn't help but be loud and pissed. The dude clearly knew that people's tensions were gonna be high, and his first thought was to creep right up behind someone and basically tongue-fuck their ear with how close he was?

Fuck, it didn't matter. He was gonna keep an eye on this dude. Sighing, Matthew screwed his eyes closed for a second, grabbing the manual and trying to figure out where the gun's safety was before tossing it away. He didn't intend to take it off any time soon in case this dude went at him with the axe, but it couldn't hurt in case he met up with Shaun or Medea or anyone who was cool. Didn't look like this dude would attack, with how he was hiding behind a seat, but couldn't be sure.

"See anyone else on your way here? Matthew, by the way." This dude was a fucking idiot, but he probably had functioning eyesight.
[+] V8

CardboardAirplane

Jack put both of his arms down now, it was probably going to hurt if he kept them up too long and at this point, he's pretty sure he's got his message across.

"Mate, the fuck do you think I could've done with something like this? Okay, bad question, if I wanted to like, kill you I wouldn't have called myself out. What am I, dumb?" They tapped a finger to the side of their head multiple times.

He stayed there in relative silence as he peeked out and watched this guy start looking through the manual for his gun. Frankly, it wasn't giving him much confidence that nothing was going to happen, but at the very least he couldn't hear the gun's safety go off or see him motion to turn it off. It's supposed to make a click, right? It does so in like, every bit of media he sees so he had to imagine so.

"Naah man. If I've seen someone else, then I probably would've pointed out to you that someone else had pointed a gun at me." He forced a light chuckle, trying his best to lighten up the situation a bit. I mean it could help him out, the miserable guy. "Better hope no one else is as trigger-happy." Despite the fact that A. the gun was never fired, and B. he was still the one that snuck up on someone.

"Oh yeah, uhh, Jack. Kilgore." The last name felt pretty ironic now given they're in a damn death game now. It was at least slightly amusing thinking about it.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Matthew was tempted to say that yes, he was pretty fucking dumb. But the heat in his head was starting to cool, so he just let out an exasperated sigh. Nobody else was here, so that was good. Seemed like a pretty isolated place, the middle of a... where the fuck were they? A plane?

"Looks like some shitty plane or something, one of those tiny ones." He tapped the seat with the barrel of his pistol, thinking out loud. "Been here for a while, because these belts are all fucking rusted. Terrorists managed to fucking belt me in, but I had to literally break the fucking thing to get out." Now that he was calm, Matthew kinda wanted to smooth things over. Pissing someone off probably wasn't the smart play in this thing.

"Just... you can probably get why in this kinda shithole of a fucking... whatever the hell this is, terror attack or fucked up game or whatever, someone might be a bit jumpy about someone sneaking up on them, alright? Sorry for pulling the gun on you, but someone with less discipline might have up and offed you." Glancing back at Jack, Matthew moved over to one of the other cabin doors, forcing it open and stepping out of the plane.

"Fuck, it's cold."
[+] V8

CardboardAirplane

Shitty is probably something of an understatement to him; the damn thing was half submerged and it smells absolutely terrible in here. Odd way to start out though, luckily Jack never had to go through something like that. He just woke up somewhere on the ground.

"Maybe we can fix this up and fly outta here." They tapped the sides of the interior, also internally hoping that doing so didn't make anything break. It looked just one small tap away from doing so anyway. "Anyone got a pilot license? There's about a hundred of us. The odds may be likely." A unusual thought, but the tone made it clearer that it was more of a joke than anything serious. Besides, they literally heard that trying anything would lead to what happened out with the head explosion in the auditorium, ugh.

He put one of his hands in the pockets of his jacket and took in a cold breath. The door opening letting in some cold air into the plane.

"Yeah like, glad you never fired." He let out an uneasy chuckle and leaned back against the wall of the plane. "Didn't happen, so that's fine."

It really wasn't fine, he was still rather adrenaline filled from getting a gun pointed at him.

Damn it, why didn't he get something like that anyway?

"Oh yeah, it's winter. Makes things cold."
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"If the belt's rusted to shit, everything else is rusted to shit. Only thing it'd do is crash again." Although, judging by the light scoff from Matthew, he didn't find it particularly funny. Now that he was in some proper light, he took a better look at his Grand Power. Certainly wasn't something proven like a Sig or a Glock, as some time at a range in Boston had given him a little chance to try a P226 and a Glock 21, but it didn't look like a cheap piece of shit, it was pretty light and the grip felt pretty damn good.

The guy was starting to irritate him a little now, honestly. Dumbass just had to make the most stupid fucking comments. Like, yeah, it's winter, no fucking shit. Matthew was clearly under the goddamn expectation that he'd step out onto sunny Hawaii. Couldn't just be making a comment to break the silence.

The plane was in the water. Not too deep at the moment, maybe the tide was out or something, but it was still kinda wet. Good thing he had a good pair of boots. Tucking the gun in his waistband like a gangster (after putting the safety on, of course) Matthew grabbed the edge of the wing he was standing on, braced himself, and dropped down with a thud.

"If you wanna just hang there all day, fine by me, but I'm not gonna sit around in a plane that smells like shit all day."
[+] V8

CardboardAirplane

"Well, third times a charm then." He stood up and made a clicking noise with his mouth a couple of times. If they can just find multiple crashed planes that'd be swell. Some nice food and a better weapon would be nice too. Ah hell, why not wish upon a star at this point? Hey God, it'd be real nice if he could make it out of here alive, thank you.

"Yeeeeaaaaaah see I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to fucking freeze to death and I dunno about you, but I'm pretty sure a crashed plane is just as useful as a fridge when it comes to keeping things warm so I wanna bounce." He shrugged. "I was just looking for people. I don't wanna be alone heeeeere, just sounds like a shitty idea."

Like, what is one man with a throwing axe going to do against anyone? Maybe if the other person had a shittier weapon then maybe he'd have a fucking chance but hey, anyone else that could help would be nice.

Well... He just wasn't sure about Matthew here, this guy felt like he was just being annoyed by every single think Jack was saying and that just soured his mood a bit. The only saving grace is that he seems rather capable of staying alive, in comparison to the normal student in any case. Seeing this other person jump out of the plane, he decided to follow suit.

"Hey if you're not gonna like, kill me, until I find someone cooler to be with, I wanna stay by." He held the axe over his shoulder. "I mean, I'm just saying, you don't need to say yes, but I mean, strength in numbers you know, and like, you don't wanna be caught alone anywhere." Subtlety apparently going out of the window as he pitched himself to Matthew.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Jack followed him out of the plane, which would have made Matthew grumble if his point about nobody else being around didn't mean that if Matthew left him they'd be going solo. And as much as this kid annoyed him, he also had a point about there being safety in numbers.

"Right then, come on. Where we going..." Trailing off, he realised that yeah, he didn't have any fucking clue where they were or what the surrounding area looked like or if there might be Katelyn or someone hiding behind a tree being a psycho. "Nevermind. Don't even know where we are, can't exactly navigate."

Continuing on a little, another realisation came to his mind.

"Wait, shit, they gave us a map. Can't exactly put it down here," Matthew kicked at the still kinda wet ground, "so we should get in to shore where it's gonna be drier and take a look. Crashed plane, they'll probably have marked that as a landmark or something for navigation. Get our bearings that way."
[+] V8

CardboardAirplane

"Hot diggity dog! That's a yes." It may not have been the most trustworthy thing, but it was still a truce. This guy could totally carry him for a bit, however long this ends up going on.

"Oh yeah, we have a map." He mimicked an explosion noise. There was a short moment where Jack tried to see if he could open his duffel bag while still holding the axe but quickly gave up after a couple of seconds and decided it wasn't worth the time when they could just move to shore anyway. "I mean I was just planning on picking a random direction and just walking that way. But hey, better idea of the two. And hey, there's gotta be like a lot of others with the same idea. Surely that means we'd be able to find them."

He started surveying the area from where he was standing for anything he could see from where he was at.

"Well... Looks like there's a mountain further in." He said as he pointed at it. It was the only thing he decided was worth of note. It was a little hard to see since the weather wasn't cooperating, but it was still rather easy to make out anyway. "That's a start, and now we have... A very vague point of reference."

He slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and started to walk inland, motioning for Matthew to follow him.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Matthew suppressed his internal comments about Jack's maturity and age with a sigh, instead following his finger. His eyes squinted, trying to make out anything more identifying in the distance. A building on the mountain or a funny shape or anything other than the bland 'mountain'. But nope, nothing, zilch. Shrugging his bag off, Matthew pulled out the map, holding it with one hand as he grabbed it by the strap. No point putting it back on, or even fully zipping it up, if he was just gonna put it back in.

"Motherfuckers couldn't have even given us a proper backpack instead of this bulky shit..." Matthew grumbled, holding the map up to the light so he could get the best look. "Might get lost in the middle of nowhere if you did that. Better to pick a path and follow it." Slowing down a little as he spoke, too busy focusing on the map, Matthew let Jack go ahead of him, which also meant if he made some stupid ass comment it wouldn't be as loud. Glancing between the map, their general surroundings, and the mountain leering in front of them, he eventually tapped a location on the map and ran up ahead to catch up.

"Alright, uh, we're here I think. Shoreline." Matthew tapped it again for emphasis. "So, our best bet is to probably swing right towards the Research Station. That's if you're up for seeing new people, and I'd bet a hundred fucking bucks that some of the weirdos in our school listened to Danya a little too closely. Other choice is we go left and work our way up to that campground. Less people, but that means we probably won't run into any psychos. Might be armed, but I don't wanna put a bullet in anyone." Putting the map back into the bag, he fully put it on his back.

"Your call, I guess." Matthew was leaning towards the station, personally. People probably wouldn't be that dumbfuck stupid to start killing on the say-so of some anti-American fuck, and the ones who did would be few and far between.
[+] V8

CardboardAirplane

"Well listen, it's proooobably not as important that we know where we are or something. It's not like getting lost is any different, we're still going to be stuck on an island either way." He waved his arms in front of him in a taunting manner. "Oh noooooo, I'm stuck in one part of the woods instead of another, whatever will I do?" He put his arms down. Really though, he wasn't completely sure what the difference was. Not saying he was planning on throwing away his map at all if navigation wasn't important, but still being watchful of their location didn't seem as important. As long they stayed out of danger zones then they're good, right?

He looked behind him as Matthew ran up to him and leaned back to look at the map in better detail. Not bothering to take out his own map. His eyes followed to where he was pointing before looking for both the research station and the campground. He started muttering random things along the lines of "What's the scale of this thing again..?" and "Which way is north?"

"There was like, totally a few that gave off school shooter vibes to me. Like, if anything happened I'd be like 'mmm, I knew they would be the ones to do this'." He shook his head and started humming a bit as he thought about their options. "I"m totally expecting some of these fuckers to be out for kills. There's gotta be at least one of these people running out trying to live a fantasy of being the edgelord they always wanted to be."

It wasn't that much thinking though, the moment the options were given he already had a choice in mind. "I say research station. If this rain gets any worse then that's gonna fucking suuuck!" Besides, they couldn't have been too long into this game. Sure some people may be out for blood, but nobody has to be dead yet, right? That'd be faster than he expected.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Research station it is, then." Honestly, Matthew didn't really know if he was gonna stick with Jack long-term. If he met Shaun or Corbin or something, he'd get dumped like a bad boyfriend. But still, security in numbers. If some dumbasses actually listened to Danya, he sure fucking knew he'd like another guy around to fight back.

Shrugging his shoulders, Matthew started moving off in the direction of the research station.

((Matthew Bell continued in Ursa Major Meltdown))
[+] V8

Return to “Downed Plane (DANGER ZONE)”