I've been getting really into 'hell'.

Both as a mindset and as something to strive for, in an organizational sense. (Open!)

The housing in the town is made up of simple two-story houses, most of these of built in the style of 70s and 80s American suburbs despite being far removed from such a setting. Many of the houses have similar layouts with some divergence: most feature a bottom floor consisting of a kitchen, dining room and living room, a second floor with a master and secondary bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. A few of the houses have garages, but the vehicles they contained are either gone or have been rendered inoperable.

Thread Limit: 2
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Jacob smiled, nodding.

"Yeah, okay. I'm game."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Seeing a smile on Jacob's face made one slip onto her own lips.

"Thanks. I...I really appreciate it."

It wasn't much. Honestly, it probably wasn't going to be anything.

But it was a chance at something, and she would take what she could get at a time like this.

She was tempted to make a quip before leaving, make things feel a little lighter than how the atmosphere felt right now. Most of what came to mind felt too cheesy, though. The best she had?

"See you later."

Because, hopefully, they would see each other again. And it would be nice.

[[Exit Jezzie Stark, walking out of the front door and out of the camera's view.]]
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

As Jezzie left, the smile fell. A slow exhale of air passed his lips, like air deflating from a balloon. The company had been nice while it lasted, but without Jezzie he was back to before. Alone again.

As her footsteps faded into the distance, silence rushed into the space. It filled the air, it filled his lungs. It was a reminder of who wasn't there. Of friends and family back home. Of Greg, left as little but a corpse in a chair and a splatter on the wall.

Jacob started reading the manual once again. The break had been desperately needed, but ultimately it was good that it had ended. There was work yet to be done.

((Jacob Winters continued in Keep Your Children In A Coma))
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3

Return to “Housing”