jacrob's pregame relationship stuff

3rpoft4tfwfw

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
cob

jacrob's pregame relationship stuff

Post by cob »

Sup, got a kid for u guys to make connections with :3

He goes by Jonas Rowe, he's 18, and he has a local band that he plays in (500 or so monthly listeners on Spotify).

Some stuff might not be concrete, but in regards to his background, this is what I had in mind:

Jonas' is from the suburbs of Seattle, Washington, born to Amelia Rowe (née Cameron) and Aaron Rowe. He moved to Vegas when he was 12 (due to cheaper living costs), and has been trying to make a name for himself in the music scene since (albeit with very minimal results)

His band (appropriately named Aftercare) falls under the shoegaze category, and he is the vocalist/founder of said band.

As for personality, due to his band and being a local "celebrity" (he aint shit :D), Jonas tends to come off as egotistical and intense/obsessive over his music. But he backs his ego with a genuine passion for the music he produces, as well as a fairly decent voice. When it comes to his classmates, Jonas is always looking to talk about music, whether that means his band, other people's bands, or simply just bands that he enjoys listening to. So for the average student, it's not hard for Jonas to come off as annoying, or even a bit of a prick.

Outside of school, Jonas' full attention is on his music, which means his circle stays pretty small outside of his family and his band-mates/friends in the music scene. In regards to romance, Jonas comes off as somewhat of a womanizer, as he's never able to fully commit to relationships, mainly sticking to flings and friends with benefits.

What am I looking for?
• Band-mates, this is by far the most important connection
• Other musicians (friend, foe, or acquaintance)
• Exes, hookups, flings, friends with benefits
• Enemies/rivals

Current Relations
Mysha Feliciano Malicdem (besties)
Heather Klein (they hookup n stuff)
Mercedes “Mercy” Myers-Colman (rivals or something)
[+] V9 Kids
Jonah Rowe (The Sun)
??? (The Hanged Man)
??? (Temperance)
??? (The Wheel)
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

I would never lie, everything I’ve ever said is true and correct: don’t ever doubt me.

Firstly Heather Klein is also a music person. Unlike the to-be-mentioned Mercy, she’s got a similar level of creative intensity and passion for her work, which could be the basis of a mutual respect? Probably some animosity over his getting an ego about it, though. Might be down for one or more casual hookups too. Plus there’s always that not-native solidarity.

Mercy is also a music person as I foreshadowed in the prior chapter, but she’s more concerned with Being In A Band than really being an artist, if that makes sense? Probably disguises envy that he’s actually creating new work behind a generalised animosity towards him and his bandmates.

My other girls probably don’t offer much that’s obvious, but I cordially invite you to check them out if you so choose!
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
cob

Post by cob »

Jonas definitely has a respect for Mercy, seeing as she's a musician too. And though he isn't a MCR fan by any means, he would still definitely attend her band's shows and (maybe?) have a shirt or two to support her. Though she might hold animosity towards him, he is pretty supportive of her work, though he might silently look down on Mercy, since she only does covers. As for her animosity towards him, he is completely oblivious.

In regards to Heather, I could definitely see them hooking up. Same treatment as Mercy (respect, attending shows, buying merch), just with the added twist of them being a tad bit closer. And outside of personal relations, maybe they collaborate? Not necessarily as a permanent band member, but more so as someone who occasionally helps record, or fills in at live shows.

thanks for replying, now u won't explode :3
[+] V9 Kids
Jonah Rowe (The Sun)
??? (The Hanged Man)
??? (Temperance)
??? (The Wheel)
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Offering Mysha as a fan of Aftercare! She's my SI so shoegaze also has to be one of Mysha's top genres even through her diverse tastes, so she's probably an OG first fifty follower. She's not a (good) instrumentalist but she can do the production side of music well enough for a high schooler so Jonas might have at least some respect for her if they ever talk out of the context of her gassing him up on social media and attending anything he does live. They might not do that so often though, depends on Jonas' vibes around a trans woman. But even if she wouldn't feel comfortable around him personally she'd still be a fan of the band in general so that goes through either way.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

I'd like to put down my boy Marino as the band's drummer and a potential fling! After a few weeks of joining Aftercare, he may have developed feelings (or a relationship!) with Jonas but didn't feel committed to being with him long-term. He remains in the band and is friends with him.

Ignore this, I might have second thoughts about him ^^"
cob

Post by cob »

Yo Cicada, sorry I didn't get around to this earlier.

Jonas loves any and all outlets of attention towards his band, trans woman or not. Another plus because she's into audio production. Could see a give and take relationship going for them, Mysha helps record stuff and gasses up his music, Jonas gets her into Aftercare's shows for free and gives her free shirts.

Fair trade, if you ask me.
Attachments
89febq.jpg
89febq.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 530 times
[+] V9 Kids
Jonah Rowe (The Sun)
??? (The Hanged Man)
??? (Temperance)
??? (The Wheel)

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”