Songtest #54 - Playing to Type

this is a very funny joke and you WILL all laugh immediately

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Ah. How lovely. Questionable how, exactly, spinning rapidly in a circle counts as dancing, but who am I to judge? Do I have any way to personally raise my Special Attack, Special Defence, and Speed simultaneously? Well, yes, but that's a story for another time.

Anyway! Here come the next set of gym challengers!
Buko
dmboogie
Laurels
LordOfAwesome
Maraoone
MethodicalSlacker
MK Kilmarnock
Pippi
Ruggahissy
Shiola
Zarina

And let's bring on their teams as well!

Please vote for your 10 favourite songs from this round! Favourite song gets 12 points, second favourite gets 10, third favourite 8, fourth gets 7, etc.! Once again, the top 8 songs will move on to the final!

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY THE 13TH (Eep!) OF MARCH, 2020 AT let's say uhhhh 6PM EST/10PM GMT!

You better have BURN HEAL!
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Oh dear. I worried this would happen. The perils of too much dancing. And also being an electric zebra.

Most of our gym trainers got out unscathed, but a few of them are still in there, hitting themselves in the face. Don't worry, they'll snap out of it soon. Or knock themselves out, either or.
[+] You whited out
Image 11th: Nature Feels - Frank Ocean, submitted by Buko. It received 46.5 points, including a 12.
Image10th: Sugar, We're Goin' Down Kung-Fu Fighting - THiNGYBOBinc, submitted by LordOfAwesome. It received 49.5 points, including a 12 and an 8.
Image9th: Crystallize - Lindsey Stirling, submitted by MK Kilmarnock. It received 53 points, including two 10s and a public 10.
Which means these songs move on to the final!
[+] You won the battle
Strawberry Skies - Games
Down by the Water - The Decemberists
Human - Carpark North
ミラクルミュージカル - The Mind Electric
The Wind - PJ Harvey
Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat - The Faint
Yo Ho! - Uffington Horse
Call Boy - Utattemita/Miyashita Yuu
Speaking of the final, it shall be up... imminently!!!
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Welcome everybody! Welcome everyone, to the final challenge! Now, let's just get a quick round-up of our surviving... uh, remaining gym challengers!

Brackie
dmboogie
Emprexx Plush
Fenris
KamiKaze
Laurels
Maraoone
MethodicalSlacker
MurderWeasel
Pippi
Ruggahissy
Shiola
Slamexo
Spindarene
Yugi
Zarina

Now, normally, this is where all the gym challengers, after collecting all of the badges, take on Victory Road for their chance to fight the Elite Four and, eventually, the Champion. Well, there's no Elite Four (unless you count the four clones of me (don't worry about it)), so, really, there's no Victory Road. But there is something here, something much different, something much more.... me.

SKITTY-RY ROAD

One last time, here's your songs.

You know the drill. Votes in via discord or board PM and you have three days to do so; that's MONDAY THE 16TH OF MARCH, 2020, AT 7PM EST/11PM GMT!!! If a 10 year old boy and an electric rat can climb a mountain that divides two entire countries, then so can you!

Metaphorically.

By sending in votes.

Leave.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Skitty-ry Road is an arduous journey. It takes skill, guts, bravado, luck, and some form of melee weapon, to reach the summit. We lost a few brave challengers in the caves.
[+] 16TH PLACE
Image16th - Ghostbusters, by Ray Parker Jr., submitted by Kami. It received 31 points, including one 8.
[+] 15TH PLACE
Image15th - America's Sweetheart, by Elle King, submitted by Brackie. It received 36 points, including one 12 and one 8.
[+] 14TH PLACE
Image14th - Earth, by Third Ear Band, submitted by MurderWeasel. It received 39 points, including one 8.
[+] 13TH PLACE
Image13th - The Mind Electric, by ミラクルミュージカル, submitted by Zarina. It received 39 points, including two 10s. It finishes above the song in 14th due to receiving more 10s.
[+] PRESSING ONWARDS
Werewolf Gimmick
Doctor
Human
Down by the Water
Anything Like Me
Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat
Yo Ho!
Strawberry Skies
Empire State Human
The Wind
Sky Full Of Song
Call Boy
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Some of you decided the journey was too much. Which is understandable, really. Like, in the whole Pokemon universe, there's probably a couple other super cool things you can get done.
[+] 12TH PLACE
Image12th - Call Boy, by Utattemita/Miyashita Yuu, submitted by Maraoone. It received 41 points, including one 10 and two 8s.
[+] 11TH PLACE
ImageImage11th - Doctor, by Truslow, submitted by Fenris. It received 44 points, including two 12s.
[+] 10TH PLACE
Image10th - Yo Ho!, by Uffington Horse, submitted by dmboogie. It received 45 points, including one 10.
[+] MOVING FORWARDS
Werewolf Gimmick
Human
Down by the Water
Anything Like Me
Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat
Strawberry Skies
Empire State Human
The Wind
Sky Full Of Song
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

oh jesus christ everybody get down immediately oh my god

[+] 9TH PLACE
Image9th - Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat, by The Faint, submitted by Ruggahissy. It received 50 points, including one 10 and one 8.
[+] 8TH PLACE
Image8th - Sky Full Of Song, by Florence + The Machine, submitted by Slamexo. It received 55 points, including one 12 and two 8s.
[+] 7TH PLACE
Image7th - Empire State Human, by The Human League, with a guest appearance by Dynamax Furret, submitted by Irene. It received 61 points, including two 10s and two 8s.
[+] 6TH PLACE
ImageImage6th - Human, by Carpark North, submitted by me, Pippi! It received one 12, one 10, and one 8. It finishes above the song in 7th due to receiving more 12s.
[+] RISING UP
Werewolf Gimmick
Down by the Water
Anything Like Me
Strawberry Skies
The Wind
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

You're almost there. You're so close! I'm so proud of you all!!!
[+] 5TH PLACE
Image5th - Down by the Water, by The Decemberists, submitted by Shiola. It received 71 points, including one 12 and two 8s.
[+] 4TH PLACE
Image4th - Anything Like Me, by Poppy, submitted by Yugi, with the unprecedented Dork/Fire type. It received 76 points, including one 12 and three 10s.
[+] 3RD PLACE
Image3rd - The Wind, by PJ Harvey, submitted by Laurels. It received 80 points, including one 12, two 10s and two 8s.
[+] OUR FINAL TWO
WEREWOLF GIMMICK

VS

STRAWBERRY SKIES
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

THE WINNER

OF THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST POKEMON SONG CONTEST

IS

[+] CONGRATULATIONS

WEREWOLF GIMMICK, BY THE MOUNTAIN GOATS, SUBMITTED BY PAIGE

It received 101 points, including four 12s, one 10, and one 8.

This means STRAWBERRY SKIES, BY GAMES, SUBMITTED BY METHODICALSLACKER, COMES SECOND

It received 98 points, including four 12s, and two 10s.
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
[+] The Past
V8

Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
It's Media - neighbors

V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6

V5

V4
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser

Return to “Song Contests”