Suppression

Open

The foreman's office is a free-standing building raised up a story above the ground, a design that allowed the foreman to see all the goings on of the mine from the balcony that ran along the side of the office. On the inside, the office itself is rather bare. A desk sits in the middle of the room with three chairs lying fallen around it, and a filing cabinet lies on its side in one corner of the room. An ornate wooden cabinet containing some old cigars and a bottle of whiskey, along with some faded and partly-rotten papers that may have once been employee paperwork, also sits against one wall.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Aion should have felt relieved when he heard two boys' voices saying that they were friendly and that they both meant no harm to him and Amos. But he was still feeling a bit on edge about trusting people too easily. He would have to-

"Ughhh...." His head was throbbing like hell, and he knew that he would have to take some pills or something. But first... "I just wanna sit the hell down. I'm exhausted as fuck..."

He followed after Amos to the door, and he slowly poked his head inside of the place, blinking a little as he took everything in.

"...Got hurt on the head with a plate. Got hurt by a sharp, broken part of it... It fucking sucked!" He commented loudly to the two guys in the room. "Uh, I think.... The bleeding has slowed down a bit. Might need to change the bandages tho."

He glanced right at Amos for a moment, beckoning him to come inside the building with him.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Amos could not hide his surprise when Aion made his way over to the door and poked his head in as well; if anything, it highlighted their height difference quite a bit. He got why he did it, the people inside were all friendly and the like, but Amos did not like him trying to move about like that when he was hobbling around dead on his feet.

"Whoa, wait, why are you leading the way, uh, injury guy?" He said as he walked inside, Aion was saying something about the wound on his head, and the glance that Amos got from it did make it look pretty bad. The others were asking about it as well.

"It's, um, kinda bad? I don't think he's gonna, you know... that." Amos answered; he did not want to say the word, but it was hard not to be close to it. The whole... thing reeked of that word.

Amos cleared his throat.

"Aion, just sit down, and I'll see about changing that dressing you've got there."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Oh man, that sucks,” Chester said upon hearing what happened.

That head injury looked bad. Maybe the best thing to do was have the guy sit down and rest, and also change those bandages. Chester wasn’t a nurse, but he would like to help.

“Yeah, so let me know if you need anything,” he said, “any bandages, or alcohol, or whatever.”

Chester wondered what could have happened to Aion to end up getting hurt by a broken plate. Was it an accident? Or…

“Did someone attack you?,” Chester asked.

Chester hated the idea that people were already playing into the kill-or-be-killed aspect of the game. However, if history has shown, the terrorists’ sick game might be already underway.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

He cringed upon hearing more of the specifics about what happened. A sharp inhale paired with a rather uncomfortable look he was giving Aion.

He was really, really not liking the idea that it was an attack. But when Chester brought the idea up, he couldn't help but jump to conclusions.

"Wait like, you really think it was-" He stopped. It wasn't like the idea wasn't in his head either, but he just wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. Didn't help when someone brought it up out loud though. "My goooooood don't tell me someones out for blood already..." He unconsciously gripped the brass knuckles tighter, the uneasiness starting to mess with him a bit.

Fucking hell man, don't start panicking now. That's probably like, the worst thing you could do at the moment.

He closed his eyes and started waving his hands about at his sides. He looked around the room for a moment before picking up one of the fallen over chairs and setting it upright. Just so Aion would actually have a place to sit down.

"Tell me what happened exactly, I want more of the details. Even if it was an accident, I wanna know." The words coming out a lot calmer this time.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Aion felt like he wanted to fall asleep, but he had a feeling that would be a bad idea. He knew that there was a chance that he wouldn't be able to wake up with a serious head injury. He didn't think that things could get any worse for him, but well, survival of the fittest was likely kicking in for everyone. Especially for the assholes who didn't give a shit about anyone but themselves. At least the two guys that he and Amos had ran into weren't immediately attacking either of them. So, they were in his good books. For now.

"Thanks, man." Aion muttered with a small nod at Perante and he settled down onto the chair, letting out a small hissing noise. "Fuck...."

Aion gritted his teeth and almost wanted to roll his eyes over them panicking over the injury and who might have attacked. Okay, sure, he had wanted to get the fuck out of there. But it was to avoid the objects that had been thrown out in anger. Hell, he knew what it was like to have a short fuse, people had been hurt before. Even if it had taken him years or months to make up with them. He didn't really blame Millie for being upset at the shitty situation that they were all in.

"Before you get yourselves completely wound up, it really wasn't on purpose." He was glancing at Amos and tilted his head a few times as if to say, "Come and sort out my head, dude.". "It was Millie. You guys know her, right? She was losing her shit in a house about.... well, this bullshit. Got bonked on the head because her temper was out of control. Don't go after her or anything. It's better to let an angry person calm down on their own."

He paused and smirked slightly.

"Trust me. I know what it is like to be an angry asshole."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Aion seemed impatient for him to start since he was motioning to his face; Amos could get that it wasn't exactly fun to have blood oozing out the side of your head, that's for sure. He started fumbling with the zipper of his bag before fishing out the medkit and getting the dressing ready.

"Don't pass out now."

Aion was busy and explained how he made the catch of the year while Amos got to work on that injury of his. Stripping that dressing off with a grimace, partly due to the blood, partly due to needing to kneel down a bit.

He was building this whole explanation about the house stuff, trying to make it so people don't get the bright idea to hunt her down or something like that. Good thing too, cause the whole fiasco didn't exactly make anybody there look good.

"Being angry and all, getting that out, that's fine, but she got you hurt doing that." He said while dealing with the dressing, he stopped for a bit and turned his head a bit before saying:

"Crazy stuff, the first thing I see people do around here, and it was that. And it wasn't just her either."

"The other one didn't hurt anybody, but folks are still having that rage shit going that it's probably best to stay away." He turned back and finished patching up the wound with a new dressing.

"How does it feel?"
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Millie? That was the skinny girl with the bad temper, right? Figures she wouldn’t take this situation all that well. And apparently, she wasn’t the only one.

“Damn,” Chester sighed, “It doesn’t take long for some to lose their shit in a death game.”

If there was anything to be thankful for at the moment, it’s that Chester hadn’t met any angry or violent people when he woke up. It would have been hard and scary to reason with someone when they were in a state of panicked rage. Chester shuddered to think that, maybe, some of his classmates had already resorted to murder.

“If there’s anyway to get these people to stop and think,” Chester said, “maybe we could find a way to stop this game.”
[+] V9
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
CardboardAirplane

Millie? Yeah, good to know. He's not going to hunt her down or anything, but it'd be really nice to stay away then.

"Well, if you say it was an accident." The tone transitioning into sounding like a question at the end as he looked at everyone else to gauge their reactions. "It was stress, like, that's all it was."

As much as he could understand that fact, like Amos said it was still something that got someone hurt. Imagine if that wound was worse, that... Let's just move on to the next thought. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that both Chester and Aion didn't seem to want to vocally say otherwise, he'd be agreeing with Amos right now.

The idea that they could possibly stop the game felt a bit off though. He looked towards the ground and without realizing it, a small smile appeared.

"You think we could do that? Get everyone to stop fighting?"

Theoretically, they could last quite a bit of time if they coordinated correctly. That coordination really just means making sure only one person dies in a 24-hour period so one person could last like, a couple of months. That was the best idea he had for keeping everyone alive and it still lead to over a hundred of them fucking dead. Even so, it was pretty obviously barbaric in a way. Getting everyone to just straight up stop felt like a challenge and a half.

Really though, he had to wonder what anyone watching would think if he agreed that killing everyone was the only way and that it'd be impossible to work together. Would it been seen as pretty fucking stupid? He really didn't want to devolve into that thought process that it truly was last man standing, even if just on the outside.

"Strength in numbers." He shrugged. "If we like, get enough of us to calm down and stop, surely that's gotta ease the tension."
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Aion had scoffed when Amos told him not to pass out and he was trying to focus on the other boys' while they were talking. Man, this was all a bunch of horseshit. The terrorists were the ones at fault for all this crap and deep down, he knew that other classmates would start killing each other left and right. It didn't matter if they did get a group of peacemakers who didn't want to kill or try to escape. The terrorists could blow up their collars, another member in the group could lose their shit and try to kill everyone and an outsider could always come in and shoot them out. It was really fucking pointless. Not like he was going to say it to the boys like that. He wasn't a complete asshole.

Aion was relieved that the dressing on his head was less sloppy, and he glanced at Amos, giving him a small thumbsup for the job. "Not too tight on my head. Better than last time. But we kinda had to rush on that one, yeah?" He then winced a little, feeling that his head was still going to bother him for a while. "Fuck.... I should probably take some pills or somethin'. A fucking headache is the fucking worst right now. Blegh..."

He was now tapping his foot against the ground, mulling over his next words.

"You're not gonna get everyone to stop playing into the terrorists' hands, you know." He commented with a small sigh escaping from his mouth. "There are some classmates that I know that would definitely kill people for their own selfish reasons... Be that bullying, paranoia or wanting to live. A lot of us are too fucking stupid and stubborn to actually work together for peace and all of that jazz."

He paused for a few seconds.

"But you can still try.... Maybe just with that people that you really trust. Fuck if I really know what I'm talking about." He shrugged his shoulders a little.
[+] V7
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Amos kept looking at the dressing on Aion's head; it looked better now that it wasn't a rush job due to the threat of ceramic from above. Aion seemed to like it. It was something else to focus on for a while as the other two conversed out loud.

A whole conversation goin' on over what to do, whether they could get people to do it, who was at fault, and all that. Not a fun conversation, mind. Not exactly something he'd sit down and debate with them over dinner.

If anything, it was a dangerous one.

Aion tried to add to it, but being possibly concussed would make it a teensy bit difficult for the guy. What he said was also not particularly hopeful, although he couldn't blame the guy. Here he was, having changed his dressing, and will probably have to do so again later.

"Probably should take some pills, yeah," Amos answered his travel partner with a concerned look on his face before turning to the other people present.

"Whatever you wanna do, you better be sincere about it, 'cause if you're not, then people are going to...y'know." Amos blinked a few times for himself, giving a grimace as he felt something bother him in the corner of his left eye. He reached up with his right hand and used his thumb to try to rinse a bit of the area.

"Just, Something to think about." He stopped once he felt the thing stop bothering him before adding with haste:

"If you do it."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Chester knew that Aion had a point. If history was anything to go by, attempts to stop the game have proven unsuccessful. Anyone who ever attempted such a plan either gave up and played the game, or were killed themselves. If stopping the game was impossible, what would be the next best thing?

"If stopping this game is out of the question," Chester pondered aloud, "then maybe we can convince people off the island to help."

If this is where Chester's life would end, he was going to spend his last moments trying to get a message out to the outside world about this game, how to stop it, and why it must be stopped. If he can't stop the game now, then he'll take steps to prevent another game from happening.

"I guess I'd have to find my friends to start something," said Chester, "The problem is, I don't know where they could be."
[+] V9
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
CardboardAirplane

"Still though, you'd have to admit that it'd be way easier for the all of us if less of us were playing this 'game', if you can call it that. You know what? Yeah," He stood up straighter, his movements a lot more animated as he started using his hands more as he spoke. He was looking around the room and pacing a bit, though in his mind a single point would stay in the corner of his eye.

"No matter what your goal is, like you gotta admit, it'd be better for everyone if even just a couple of us decide to change our mind on killing each other. Makes things safer for all of us and well," He repressed a chuckle. "Fuck, even if you think we're screwed, it'd be nicer to live just a little bit longer."

He paused for a moment. The thought stayed in his mind a bit that everyone in this room? All probably dead in just a matter of days. Chester, Aion, Amos, all dead.

Maybe he could stand to think happier sometimes. I mean, escape wasn't unheard of to his knowledge.

"Besides," He put a hand over his heart. "I'm fine. You guys are too. And I'm sure it's the same for most of us."

Yeah this sounds like something a hero would say...

Oh yeah, speaking of pills... He'll just deal with that later.

... Hero is probably way too pretentious.
[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Aion felt like he was zoning out of the conversation at some point, but he definitely did hear Amos saying to take some pills and that Chester was thinking about getting some help from the people outside of this hellish situation. Which he could understand why the other boy would want to. No one wanted to die against their will. That was basic human nature. Fuck, he didn't want to die right now! But it didn't mean that he was going to turn into a fucking psychopath and cause a horrid massacre of his classmates. He was an asshole, but he was no murderous asshole.

He then focused on what he wanted to do. He moved his bag and placed it on his lap, unzipping it with care. His head felt like it was a block of concrete that was weighing down on his head a lot. He got out his own first aid kit and he was somewhat relieved to see that there was ibuprofen and aspirin for him to use. It was better than nothing. He also got out a bottle of water for good measure. He took two ibuprofen pills out of the packet and he popped them into his mouth, making some sure to wash them down with some gulps of water. He made sure to put everything back into the bag before turning his attention back to the other boys.

"So, you want to put out like an S.O.S. or something?" He was still feeling like crap, but he knew that the effects of the pills would take a while to pop in. "We have maps, right? Maybe... Maybe there's a location that we can use to signal for help. I dunno."

He wanted to speak more, but he felt too tired to do so and his brain was starting to blank on itself.
[+] V7
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Amos kept his eyes on Aion with a concerned look on his face. The guy was moving about and doing stuff that he guessed was better than doing nothing, but that did not stop the twinge of worry that was still there. That Aion would accidentally knock his head on something or trip. It'd be something if he managed to trip while sitting, but his head must have been like a fishbowl now so he could not count that out.

At least he was drinking water and keeping himself occupied with everyone's favorite topic at the moment. Ideas were swirling around the room, and it was clear no one here was planning anything as far as Amos could see anyway.

He crossed his arms and tilted his head to the side with a sigh.

It was as Chester said, everybody here was fine. Now, elsewhere was the question. Amos believed that his class had mostly good people in it, some of them a bit on the off-side in terms of stuff, yeah. But for the most part good.

But he also had evidence that some of them- even if they were good people- could hurt others thoughtlessly. That was the scary part.

"I think so too. I think most of us are good."

Aion mentioned something about finding a place they could use for an S.O.S of some kind. Amos had not had the opportunity to look at the map, what with taking care of this guy here. He tapped his right index finger on his arm and looked over at the other two.

"Either of you looked at the map?"
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“You know, that’s not a bad idea,” Chester said to Aion.

It really was a good idea. Didn’t terrorists say that starting fires wasn’t against the rules? Maybe if they found some dry wood, or something else that was flammable, they could start an SOS signal. So big, that someone had to notice.

“No, not yet,” Chester said to Amos.

If they were going to start a big fire, they needed to find the perfect spot for it. Chester dug through his duffel bag and found the island map. As he looked over the locations, he noticed that there was a mining town, a research station, and a couple of campgrounds. He thought perhaps that’s where other students were likely to gather to get out of the cold. And maybe that’s where he could go to convince more people to help him. He then noticed a snowfield near the research station, on the other side of the island.

“If we’re gonna start an SOS signal, that’s where I think we should build the fire,” Chester said pointing to the snowfield on the map.
[+] V9
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk