My Hand is Cold Without You

Open, early afternoon

Just off the shore of the island, the partially submerged wreckage of an old, four-passenger propeller plane can be found. While most of its body is jutting out of the water, the tail is submerged and buried in sediment. Luckily for the adventurous, the cabin doors are still accessible and provide access inside the craft. The interior is also relatively intact, although it smells strongly of mold and rocks gently with any large waves or high winds.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

As embarrassed as Ellis felt right now in between his histrionics, Teddie appeared to be doing way worse than him. The sight of their weapons was enough to send the boy into a crying fit even though Ellis and Eden weren't doing anything. Ellis decided to put his knife away before he made things worse. The boy was already laughing a bit, and it couldn't have been from Ellis' joke. Maybe mania was already setting in.

That was when Teddie got up and hugged Ellis. Ellis let out a surprised grunt as the boy hugged him. Ellis couldn't remember the last real hug he got. He probably got one from his mom before he left for the trip. Certainly hadn't gotten one from his dad.

"Um, it's cool," Ellis said, awkwardly patting Teddie on the back. "We're all freaking out. I was crying a few moments ago as well. This is the kind of shit that makes grown men weep."

Eden then asked if they could move elsewhere.

"Yes let's go!" Ellis said, forgetting how close he was to Teddie.

He didn't mean to shout. He was just starting to feel more awkward from such a long hug with another dude that even with how comforting it was, Ellis was already to end it.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Teddie had probably been hugging Ellis for too long, He probably didn't need a hug as much as Teddie did. Teddie stepped away from Ellis as he did he whispered "Thanks for comforting me. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Teddie then turned to Eden. "Yeah, we probably should get out of here." Teddie agreed. Eden had come closer a part of him wonder if she wanted a hug too. Teddie needed one and when he hugged Ellis he felt better so maybe she would too!

Teddie took a step closer with his arms outstretched to Eden when he realized. He never even opened his pack and he doesn't even know what the island looks like! "Wait let me check my pack I'm sure they gave us a map or something."

Teddie set down his pack and took a look at it. "S042..." Teddie muttered as he unzipped his pack. Some crackers and bread, a flashlight, and what appeared to be a tent? "Hey did you guys get a tent?" He called out to his allies. As he said that he found a compass and map. While he didn't know how to use the compass he took it out anyway. Teddie also put on the windbreaker more layers could only be a benefit. After looking at the map for a bit he made a decision. "We should head to the research station. There might be something useful or even a way off the island." Has he said that he looked into Eden's eyes? After a second of doing so, he realized that maybe he was being too self-centered and added, "If you guys want to of course!" Teddie blushed and looked to the side.

He was in a life-or-death situation and he was getting nervous just looking someone in the eyes. Teddie just hoped that they didn't leave him.

He wouldn't be able to be alone again...So he would have to give it his all and be useful!
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden noticed that Teddie might have hugged Ellis for a bit too long and even she felt a bit awkward about that. She was kind of a lover of hugs... Wait, wait! She was getting distracted! She needed to focus on the situation that was at hand. She needed to pick the naginata up while Teddie seemed to be searching through his bag for a map and she did so. She did gather the weapon up as slowly and as carefully as she could. She really didn't want Teddie to freak out over it once again.

She turned her attention back to Teddie when he mentioned the tent and she scratched her chin in deep thought. "I think your tent is your supposed, err... weapon, I think." She let out a small chuckle and then she moved back over to Ellis' side. "If it gets too cold and we can't use any of the buildings, I guess we could all try to bundle ourselves inside of the tent for warmth."

She thought about the location for a moment. Well, she couldn't decide the location without everyone's say anyway!

"You cool with the location, Ellis?" She asked, grinning at him and giving him a confident thumbsup.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis froze a bit as Teddie whispered in his ear. The sensation of another person's lips so close to his ear felt strange, as it tingled with each syllable. Once freed from the hug, Ellis hugged himself, mostly to try and stay warm, but to also try and get his body sensations back to normal.

Teddie had been given a tent, which Ellis certainly didn't have. A tent was a pretty lousy find here. Sure, it could stave off hypothermia, but it was also a big warning sign that a person was there. Ellis had to be at least glad that nutty girl gave him a knife. Otherwise he'd be the really useless one with the clacker ball toy.

They were all suggesting the research station. Ellis didn't really know what that would be, but it was a place that had to be warmer and more spacious than this place.

Ellis nodded to their suggestions.

"Yep. Fine with me," he said, returning Eden's thumbs up with a thumbs up of his own.

"Teddie, I guess you lead the way?"
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

"Oh..." Teddie looked down at the ground. It felt odd that he was both relieved and terrified by this bit of information, on one hand, he was defenseless but on the other, he wouldn't be stuck in the cold. 'Well, it's not like I was going to use it even if I did get a weapon...' He thought to himself as he shoved his stuff back into the bag.

Both Eden and Ellis had agreed with him. While he was happy about that he didn't want to be the leader or something. "uhh, sure!" he said as he tried to figure out where they were on the map. Teddie had to be brave, he couldn't spend what may be his last days alive crying. Teddie wasn't alone and if he showed himself to be a coward or a weakness.

Then he was certain that he would be left behind.

Worse he couldn't find it in himself to blame them. 'It's a life and death situation. ruthlessness is encouraged.' So that meant he had to do everything in his power to not let that happen.

After figuring it out he pointed in the direction of the research station. Teddie then paused for a second and looked at his allies. "I just really want to say thanks for being there for me. I don't know what I would have done if I was still alone..." Teddie then walked over to Eden gave her a quick hug. As Teddie turned from Eden he muttered "I won't be a burden." and with that began walking toward the research station.

( Teddie Boyd continued in Iron Lotus)
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden was feeling pumped. Although, it definitely wasn't the right time and place for that. However, being all doom and gloom wasn't going to help any of them in the long run. She had to find a balance somewhere. Not too negative, not too positive. Somewhere in-between.

Eden was surprised when Teddie seemed to be thanking them for being around and she let out a light-hearted laugh. "Hey, no problem, Teddie. Yeah, being alone in this situation would have sucked balls! For real, for real!" She nodded and she went to follow after him. Naginata in hand. Looking back to make sure that Ellis was okay and keeping up as well.

She just hoped that things would keep being a positive vibe for a while longer.

((Eden Glass continued in Iron Lotus))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis merely waited and watched as Teddie and Eden finished their hug. Teddie had taken agreed to lead them to shelter, and Eden was close behind him. Ellis let out a long exhale before he turned back to the plane.

He looked at the wreckage in the sea.

"I'll get on a real plane," he told himself. "I'll sit on a real one and get out of here. I just know it."

He turned back and saw Eden and Teddie were already walking ahead, so he quickly scampered after them.

Ellis was still without his favorite puppet, but he was at least with two people who wanted him to be alive in this chaos. That was really nice to discover. He could wish for their continued survival as well.

((Ellis Wheaton continued in Iron Lotus))

Return to “Downed Plane (DANGER ZONE)”