Venom

Private

Located on the shore of the frozen lake between the forest itself, the campground was a popular summer getaway spot for residents of the town, frequently featuring BBQs and games of softball among other activities. The campground now is home to a few abandoned tents, an outhouse, and a single lonely log cabin with a small jetty. The time left abandoned has seen the log cabin, outhouse and jetty become covered in moss.
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

“Hiking a mountain pass with a blind man would be an accident,” Beth spat back. She drew closer still.

In her rational mind, Bethany knew she ought to be afraid. She’d never been in a fight in her life, not a physical one. Even in verbal arguments, especially back in her regrettable Canon phase, she’d been quite adept at backpedalling from anything that approached a real confrontation.

But it was already too late, wasn’t it? She’d already stepped up.

A very small part of Bethany still cried out that she could flee.

A much larger part said fuck that. Beth had a plenty deep well of anger and resentment to fuel her reckless approach and drown out caution.

“Stomping his face into those nails seems to me more like assault with a deadly weapon, to me. Not very accid…”

Her prosecution screed was abruptly interrupted by the sound of shattering glass. Her focus was drawn to its source, but unlike the other two, she quickly put two and two together to realise it was Shawn’s idea of handling Leslie.

Seemed she had a split second to capitalise on the distraction.

Beth chose escalation.

No finesse, no great plan of attack. She simply surged forward, lunging forwards with her pickaxe entirely gracelessly. As far as her lizard brain was concerned, she was going to bash Aracelis right in the face, then figure out how to proceed after that.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Bitch you don't know—" Aracelis' retort was interrupted as the sound of shattering came from the cabin. Her head whipped around to face the noise.

The distraction nearly proved fatal as she heard the heavy footfalls of Beth sprinting at her, and saw the pickaxe flying at her out of the corner of her vision.

On instinct more than anything else Aracelis recoiled, pulling her head and upper body backward and away from the onrushing girl.

The explosiveness of the movement threw her whole body off balance and Aracelis flew backward, avoiding the pickaxe as it sailed past the front of her face, but crashing hard onto the floor. A gasp of air escaped from her lungs as she landed flat on her back on the ice-hardened ground.

"Fucking—"

Her fingers and knuckles scraped across the mud and grass as she tried to find a purchase to push herself away from Bethany.

"Leslie!"
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Leslie nearly jumped out of his skeleton at the screaming glass. Fuck. Not good.

He was frozen in place, feet trapped in hard ice. He couldn't go investigate the window. But what if Beth's accomplice wanted him to not go? What if they thought he'd stay? What if they thought he thought they'd thought he would stay?

He was stuck in his panic. God, he was stupid.

The only thing that broke him from his thoughts was Aracelis screaming for him as she flailed about on her back like a helpless turtle in the grass and mud and slush. There was no more time for thoughts.

He clenched the stun gun hard, turning his knuckles white. He booked for her, one foot two and—
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

A blur of yellow and black barrelled violently into Leslie, Shawn having used his distraction to circle around the cabin and catch their competitors' off guard.

That chipped spear tip missed Leslie's waist by inches, impaling itself into his jacket's inner lining. That was partially intentional on Shawn's part, trying his best to avoid inflicting any fatal injuries himself if he can help it, granted he would have preferred landing any kind of blow that could've put Leslie out of the fight. His shoulders quickly made up for his miss however, following through on that wild jab to ram the other boy away, giving Shawn the chance to shift back and stand between him and their brawling companions.

He stood there, already huffing as he pointed that spear out at Leslie, standing guard and doing his darnedest to hold the other boy off. There was an almost apologetic look in his face as he made eye contact with the other man, recognising a figure in a situation not too dissimilar to his own. A fellow survivalist, cursed with an inadequate weapon and forced to rely on a powerful woman with a luckier draw. It was almost a pity that fate led to them being opponents, Shawn shrugging as if to say "Sorry pal, nothin' personal..."

"Finish her off, NOW!" he barks at Bethany, not wanting to draw this fight out now that the element of surprise was gone.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

No satisfying impact followed Beth’s improvised assault, but as she reeled in her overextended lunge, she was pleased to see the next best thing instead: Aracelis was helpless on the floor, scrambling and screaming, just the way she’d left Przemyslaw.

Some part of Bethany registered that she should feel guilty. But she didn’t have time. She that too she channelled into hating Aracelis. Hating her for giving her cause to feel responsible in the first place. Hating her for bringing it back up. Like she had any right to shame a good person trying her best.

Hate.

“Weren’t you listening?”

Beth strode forwards, hefting the pickaxe high over her head. She wasn’t exactly out of shape, but neither was she strong: the tool was heavy, unwieldy in a real fight, and Aracelis wouldn’t just sit still and take it like a tree stump.

“I said,”

She interrupted herself with a grunt of exertion.

The pick came down.

Another wordless grunt answered the recoil as metal met cold, compacted earth, hitting Beth’s arms with all the force of her violent anger. She snarled and pulled with all her might, instinct informing her that she’d have a real bad time if she couldn’t rearm herself before her target got back up.

“I want to hear you plead!”
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

M1 "Narrow"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-

Wiki
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The other girl continued toward her and Leslie didn't appear.

Unreliable piece of shit.

Aracelis stole a glance over her shoulder to see some other fuck attacking Leslie.

Beth's voice brought her attention back just in time to scramble further back as the pickaxe bit deep into the ground. Luckily, Beth seemed to have trouble swinging it around, which bought Aracelis some time.

Her hand slapped feebly on the dirt as she tried to grab her baseball bat, but in her panicked retreat, it had come loose from her grip and was lying further away, by the bottom of a faded blue tent, just out of reach from where she was.

Again Aracelis found herself glad that Beth wasn't strong enough to pull the pickaxe out of the ground immediately.

Taking the opportunity that had presented itself Aracelis planted her right hand against the earth and span up to her feet in one quick motion. In a few quick strides she reached the bat and scrambled to pick it up.

"Shit," She hissed, as it fell out of her shaking hands the first time. But once she had it securely in her grip a wicked grin broke across her face. She'd leveled the playing field.

Beth had taken her shot and had missed.

Spinning round and taking the bat in two hands Aracelis took a deep step towards Beth and swung for a home run.

"Fuck you!"
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Ngh!" Leslie grunted, absorbing the full force of someone trying to fucking shank him. He managed to struggle out, nearly tripping into the snow as he stood a few feet away from his would-be assailant. Another "Some Guy™" was in the way between him and the catfight in the background. He looked down at his jacket and the huge fucking fissure in the lining. No telling what would've happened in another life.

All he could do was stand there with his hands up, one still clutching the activated stun gun, while this jabroni pointed the shitty spear thing straight at him and stared kinda patronizingly as if this was nothing personal, kid, when it sure fucking felt like it was super personal in some respect.

So Leslie glared back, shifting between Aracelis's struggle to not fucking die and this dude trying to stonewall him. He clenched his teeth, and in one swift motion scooped up a wad of partially melted snow and mud in his free hand and smashed it at the other dude's face.

"Puta!"
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Shawn could only speculate on how things were going with the brawl behind him, trying to remain focused on keeping skater boy here out of the fight.

He couldn't help but look frustrated when Bethany continued her Judge Dredd schtick, demanding that Aracelis plead instead of taking her out right there and then. The fact that this had turned into an outright fight instead of a quick ambush was problematic enough, without Bethany's flair for the dramatic stretching things out longer than need be.

"For fuck's sake, just take the bitch out alre-AAargh!?!" he gasps as that wad of mud and snow smacked him in the face, sputtering as he stumbled backwards.

"Blegh, GAaah, son of a-!"

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Bethany's eyes darted up as she struggled with the pickaxe, seemingly stuck fast. Aracelis likewise struggled with her own weapon, fumbling with cold, shaking hands. It seemed she had a decision to make: keep trying to free her weapon, or take her chances trying to keep Aracelis from hers and turning it into a fistfight.

The other girl managed to get the bat to stay in her grip.

Decision made. It was armed or nothing.

"Fuck you!

Aracelis made short work of the meagre distance between them, and Beth pulled with all her might. After what felt like far too long, it seemed that at last, God smiled on her. Or perhaps had been all along, given how her inexpert approach had gone continually unpunished. Regardless, the frozen Earth relinquished its grasp on her weapon, and Beth found herself stumbling backwards as it jerked wildly upwards into her attacker's path, no longer constrained by any force opposing Beth's own motion.

Wood met wood.

Metal met flesh.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown

M1 "Narrow"

Wiki

Wiki

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"

Wiki
V9

V10
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The pickaxe came free from the soil. Aracelis had already committed to swinging the bat. There was no time to change her course. The two weapons collided and the winner was obvious. Maple and some nails were no match for maple plus three kilos of metal. The baseball bat was brushed aside effortlessly and the pickaxe continued on its trajectory. The momentum of Beth's swing carried it through and the edge of the head made contact with Aracelis' face.

There was a crunch followed quickly by a crack. The two noises staggered by milliseconds. The flat metal of the pickaxe collided hard with Aracelis' cheek, the bone splintering from the impact, blood from broken capillaries immediately rushing free, staining the area around her eye a mottled purple and pink. The skin itself sliced apart easily folding over itself and ripping like a cheap piece of fabric.

Meanwhile, the pick continued upwards, smashing against the socket and eyebrow. The skin around Aracelis' eye socket was pulled taut and resisted for as long as it possibly could before spectacularly tearing apart, leaving behind a jagged V-shaped gash, while the chunks of flesh that formerly filled the hole helplessly flapped and bounced against the socket.

Aracelis herself was plucked from her feet and thrown like a discarded doll into the remnants of a dark blue tent, crumpling it into the floor.

As she lay there, her brain tried to process what had happened. As it did so, she could feel a warm, wet stream of blood flowing down her face, obscuring her vision. Her free hand reached up, it shook and twitched as she tried to maneuver it but found that it was unable to keep a straight path. She used it to try and wipe the blood out of her eyes but only seemed to succeed at smearing it across her face doing nothing to help her vision.

Aracelis tried once more but again the blood flooded into her eye socket, rendering her vision pitch black.

"What..." She murmured, voice distorted and stifled by the blood in her mouth. "What the fuck?"

Her hand pawed at her eye, fingers groping and digging through the blood to try and clear it. Even through the shock, she began to understand what had happened and as the numbing layer of the shock faded to be replaced with explosions of pain she screamed.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

As much as Leslie wanted to celebrate landing that sick shot, he didn't have time to waste. He jumped off the heel of his foot and ran straight forward with no brakes, ramming his shoulder right into the other dude and knocking him into the snow. And then he kept going, nearly tripping in the slush again as he made for the other side of the arena where both girls where wailing like banshees at each other.

He saw everything on the sprint over. Blood gushed out with the pickaxe like it struck oil. He might've been too late. Aracelis looked like she could've been done for.

He wasn't sad, no. Now he was just fucking pissed.

So this time, Leslie didn't hesitate as he dove onto Beth and stabbed her in the back with the prongs of the screeching taser.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Shawn was thrown off his feet, landing in the snow with the grace of a dying mule. Coughing snow and muck, he scrambled for his glasses, feeling around where he fell before finding them discarded a few feet away.

By the time he put them back on and turned around, it was too late for him to prevent what happened next.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

It took Bethany a moment to fully comprehend what had happened. And then she smiled. And then she laughed, as much with incredulity as with joy.

Funny to think, the first time she'd seen Aracelis, her first morning in this frozen hell, she'd believed that God was punishing her. She'd made errors in judgement, errors in morality, earlier on in her adolescence. To wake up in what looked suspiciously like a purgatory tailored specifically to her, it had made sense to think an all-powerful, all-knowing hand had been behind it. Since then, Bethany's mind had changed, she'd come to believe she was simply unlucky, but the realisation of how much she had to be ashamed of was still cause enough to look towards ways of making amends. The weight of abandoning Przemyslaw had been heavy upon her for that very reason: leaving behind a good soul, a man trying his best to better himself just as she was, it had felt wrong. Though she couldn't deny the practicality of it: there was little good she could do whilst shackled to a lost cause.

But standing over Aracelis' wretched form, the beneficiary of such incredible good fortune, it'd take quite a cynic to deny the favour she seemed to be enjoying from above. She'd brought Przemek's attacker to justice. A very poetic justice.

Bethany hadn't prepared what she intended to say when she finally caught up to her target, but with her flair for the dramatic, she was confident about improvising.

"Hurts, doesn't it?"

Beth strode towards where Aracelis had fallen, kicking her bat aside along the way. Standing tall over her fallen enemy, she hefted her own weapon ready to respond, should she be less incapacitated than she looked.

"I'd call it an eye for an eye, but you took both of his. That's okay though,"

Her expression darkened.

"I get to be certain, that I was the last thing you saw,"

Beth took another step, planting a foot on Aracelis' chest, the better to be sure she'd hold still for the killing blow.

"Before you get what you deserve. Now, I believe,"

Raising her pickaxe high above her head, Beth steeled herself. The girl beneath her looked pitiful, in pain. But she couldn't let that sway her, had to be tough. Better to have guilty blood on her hands than see more innocent blood spilled.

"I told you to plead. For. Your. Life."

Only, when the pick came down, it came down several feet wide of Aracelis' good eye. She shrieked, convulsing with the shock of Leslie's stun gun, and swinging her weapon involuntarily into the ruined tent beneath her feet while she too collapsed to the ground as her legs failed to continue bearing her weight.

It'd take quite a cynic to deny that she'd been punished for her lack of mercy.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown

M1 "Narrow"

Wiki

Wiki

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"

Wiki
V9

V10
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Aracelis wailed, initially oblivious to Bethany mocking her. The blood from the multiple wounds inflicted by the pickaxe bubbled up and around her hand and seeped through her fingers to leave different trails leaking down and running across her face.

Her cries of pain turned into panting as Beth approached, and through her one good eye, Aracelis saw her bat get kicked away and into her blind spot. Her heart hammered in her chest as Beth got closer and closer to her.

"No, Beth, please," Aracelis whimpered as she tried to push herself backward, but her body was weak and tangled in the remnants of the tent.

When Beth's foot came down on her chest Aracelis weakly struck at it. Punching at the girl's knee in a futile attempt to get her off.

"It was an accident Beth!" She shrieked in a panic, as the pickaxe came up, her movements becoming more desperate.

"Don't kill me! Please!"

As the pickaxe came down Aracelis screamed again and tried to turn her head away, covering it with her hands.

She felt the thud of the pickaxe but it wasn't from it hitting her. Frenzied, panicked breaths escaped her body as she stared at the pick now pierced through the fabric of the tent and into the cold soil next to her good eye. All of the weight of Bethany had been removed from her chest as well.

Quickly turning over, Aracelis saw Bethany on the floor and Leslie standing over both of them stun gun in hand.

Her rapid uncontrolled breathing quickly increased in speed and volume as her body converted the fear into something else entirely. Pure rage.

Without a word, she pushed herself up to her feet, using the stuck pickaxe as a support. She roughly pushed Leslie aside as she stumbled over to where Bethany had kicked her bat. One hand covered her injured eye at all times as blood continued to pour out of her wounds, running down her arm and face like a faucet that was stuck on.

All Aracelis could taste and smell was iron and when she picked the bat up her grip was slick due to the blood coating her hand. But she tightened her fist until her entire hand had turned white. Then with a malicious purpose, she turned her attention to Beth.

Beth who thought she knew Aracelis' intentions. Beth who had injured her then mocked her. Beth who had made her beg for her life.

She brought her left foot down with a heavy stomp onto Bethany's chest and snarled down at her.

Then she raised the bat above her head.

Aracelis was only using one arm but she made up for pure power with venom. Bringing the bat up and down onto Beth's skull.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" She screamed down at the other girl. "Beg Beth! Beg!"

She raised the bat again.

"..."

But unlike the last time someone had tried to kill her, Aracelis couldn't revel in her perceived victory.

She stumbled back and off of Beth. With the adrenaline her body had managed to run on wearing off, Aracelis managed two quick, desperate steps toward Leslie before she collapsed to her knees and onto her face.

"Leslie..." She groaned, unable to will herself to rise.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

The snow and fabrics of the tent stained with the reds and the browns of the ensuing bloodbath as it splattered and pooled around everything in sight.

Leslie could only stomach to keep his eyes on their surroundings and away from the girls. He couldn't watch. He didn't know if he was relieved or disappointed she was still alive somehow. All he knew was how angry he was at their assailants, and how afraid he was of Aracelis.

He let her rampage until she called for him, planted into the snow. He did a quick scan for spear-boy and saw him bolting for them in the distance.

They had to get out of here.

Leslie rushed up and grabbed Aracelis, helping her back onto her feet and beckoning her away with his blood-stained hands and firm grip. "We gotta go. We gotta fucking go now."

Return to “The Campground”