D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

My gut reads right now are that Boogie and MW are town, zetsu is probably scum. Her logic doesn't follow her conclusions re: me and MW and sets up for a one two mislunch punch if she can get a case going on either of us. I don't see why we are both unlikely to be town given our useless rolls that she herself has now confirmed; there's v little scum benefit to me claiming appropo of nothing and not-really-clearing someone I know is a townie. I guess MW doesn't have much option but to play along if he's scum but she knows what his role does writing that post and doesn't think it's likely to be scum. So why is she so sure one of us must be scum? Feels like setting town up to me and makes the haste to get goose hammered feel more suspicious
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

to confirm you said you had shadow magic right?
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:59 am I feel like flavor must have some undiscovered town advantage or i'm kinda useless, but then like zetsu said MW seems like some kind of modified fruit vendor which also isn't super useful
Oh no, not modified beyond the flavor. I am 100% useless.
Emprexx Plush wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:07 am My gut reads right now are that Boogie and MW are town, zetsu is probably scum. Her logic doesn't follow her conclusions re: me and MW and sets up for a one two mislunch punch if she can get a case going on either of us. I don't see why we are both unlikely to be town given our useless rolls that she herself has now confirmed; there's v little scum benefit to me claiming appropo of nothing and not-really-clearing someone I know is a townie. I guess MW doesn't have much option but to play along if he's scum but she knows what his role does writing that post and doesn't think it's likely to be scum. So why is she so sure one of us must be scum? Feels like setting town up to me and makes the haste to get goose hammered feel more suspicious
To be fair I think this is a slight misread because Zetsu said:
Zetsu wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:09 amIt is possible, and not improbable, that both are town. It is highly unlikely that both are scum, imo.
So I think you're maybe coming at this from the wrong angle; she's saying she thinks that at most one of us is scum.

I will note, a little bit of setup/role speculation: I think we're actually looking at a pretty low-power game across the board. Everyone has roles but a bunch of them are garbage and/or have caveats. We had two protective roles (both with drawbacks—a "bonus" roleblock as far as I know how jailkeeper works and a bodyguard's sacrifice) then we've got a miller, and my thing (which is not exactly high power) and then a flavor cop. That's like half the game so-so at best.

It's also almost half the game outed, as an aside. At a certain point it's maybe worth considering the ol' mass-claim as right now scum knows pretty much which townies have trash roles (everyone who's spoken up) and are thus free to shoot thus who aren't confirmed. We're talking ~3 scum probably in a game this size, which means the 7 unclaimed people are in theory 3 scum {if we trust everyone) and 4 town who have the good roles. And Fenris' crumbing encourages their not being shot, leaving three good picks for scum to town's seven to try to dig around in. I'm not sure we're there yet but on the other hand doing it when scum hasn't had a night phase to coordinate is worth mulling at least.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

*bops Paige gently on the head*
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

WHOOPS I FORGOT ABOUT THE GAME SORRY
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'll check in and give a read through later, I haven't really checked in here (actual reading and also mentally) in like... uh... when was my last post? Page 5? 6? I know it's a lame as fuck excuse, just my interest went through the floor doing other shit.

Again, I'm gonna re-read through but just for the sake of making this a little easier on me and others so I'm not missing anything important: PLEASE REPEAT ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES YOU THREW MY WAY.
V8 Characters:
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Deamon wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:12 am to confirm you said you had shadow magic right?
My PM says shadowy magics factor into my skillset, but using them offensively would be a bad idea, yeah
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
randomness

Post by randomness »

Murder and Paige's claims look solid. I agree that they almost definitely can't both be scum, and the fact that Murder has been confirmed by Zetsu makes me confident enough in him, since it's been effectively confirmed by two sources. Less sure on Paige, but a validated claim is a good thing.

The closest thing to scum reads I've had thus far are for Zetsu and Fen but Fen's crumbing gives me more than a little pause there, so I'll focus on Zetsu for now.

The main thing I'm reading Zetsu for is not engaging with most of the arguments around her vote on Fen on Day One. While she answered the clarification question I had, she moved from that to flavour speculation, then onto the Goose lynch. Honestly, I'm finding it weird that everyone just dropped the argument, but maybe that's just me. So I guess I'll just re-litigate this because I honestly don't have better leads right now. @Zetsu, you said "consider it's not just [the newbie thing]". Could you lay out what the rest of your case on Fen last phase was?
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

i vote we push it again for the bant
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

me wrote:i mean, if it's the newbie thing that y'all are getting hung up on, consider that it's not just
i think i meant to finish that sentence but then i got distracted with another thought and then didn't get back to finishing it whoops

anyways, what i was saying gonna say was that if it's the newbie thing y'all are getting hung up on, consider that it's not just newbies who could get caught out by this, but also anyone who's playing on autopilot/less than fully engaged (and to be clear, im not calling anyone out for being those things, especially since im defo one of people who are less engaged than normal). the important part of my read was that fen's statement could lure people.

iirc that's the main reason ppl were scumreading me? looking through the pages, i couldnt find much else. Also, that wasn't a strong scumread by any means. i was mainly pulling a murder/naft and fishing for reactions.

@Ricky: I've already re-posted my question, but here it is again in case you missed it.
me wrote:Ricky's...quiet. Too quiet. It makes me uneasy. Then again, I feel like everyone here is being unusually quiet on account of *gestures around vaguely at everything* but also being unusually quiet coincided with him being scum last game. Not a scumtell by any means, just enough to make me raise my eyebrows and ask for explanation.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

That's not really a question.
V8 Characters:
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Unless you meant the 'asking for an explanation' which I already answered. I legit forgot the game existed for a few days between pushups, Ring Fit (which I keep mentally calling Wii Fit until I correct myself), and writing.
V8 Characters:
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Not an old question, but here's one:

Ricky, how do you feel about Deamon?

And, while we're at it, Deamon, how do you feel about Ricky?
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Well I know how I feel about YOU, ya little shit stirrer =_=.

Gimme a sec to do an iso on Deamon and I'll be right back.
V8 Characters:
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Wow that did NOT take long.

Deamon's got 13 posts in the game. They are as follows:

1. Asking boog what class (I initially write it off as a jokevote until realizing he's asking flavor, so we'll chalk this up as substance)
2. 'how dare you' jokepost.
3. Buying boogie's claim
4. Not understanding Zetsu's push on Fenris
5. Post of no substance ("I'm hearing antipaladin")
6. Telling Jace to check the board, not really substance
7. Talk of RPG systems. Very Deamon. Not substance to the game.
8-10: Jokeposts
11. Vote on Goose
12. Speculation on role
13. Suggesting pushing either Fen or Zetsu for the banter (I can't tell which). Substance.

So of his 13 posts, we have 6 that I deem to have any real bearing on the game. So what do I think of Deamon? ... He's Deamon. And this is what he ALWAYS does, so I'm ashamed to say that gives me pretty much nothing to go off of.
V8 Characters:

Return to “Mafia”