A Headless Blunder Operating Under the Illusion of a Master Plan

Day 2, Open

Cutting a path through the trees at the base of the mountain, the old road was the only usable link for vehicles wishing to travel between the mining town and the research station. This meant it was kept in relatively good condition almost year-round, although it was prone to blockages from mountain debris. In the years since the island was abandoned, no one has been present to clear these blockages, and the tarmac has started to crack and break apart from years of freezing and thawing. Despite this, it is still the most easily traversable path on the island, even with the edges of the forest starting to encroach upon it.

Thread limit: 1
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Billie closed her eyes for a moment, feeling a bit of a headache coming on, a dull soreness building just behind her temples. She did her best to ignore it as she watched the boys speak. She hated having to deal with too many people at once; it was a pain back home whenever she was dragged to some sort of social event, and it wasn't much better now. What was there to even talk about? No matter what weapons or skills they had, it was obvious that, based on the odds from previous instances of this event, they were all fucked. Just thinking about it was beginning to piss her off yet again, and she felt the need to say something to distract herself from the growing frustration.

"So." She paused for a moment, letting the word hang in the air. "First of all, we're not 'a thing'. Second, speaking of lunatics and stalkers, it probably isn't a good idea to just stand around out here waiting for anyone to start taking shots. It won't be long before it starts getting dark, and everyone should get a move on if any of us want to find a safe place to spend the night."

She crossed her arms on top of the bag on the lap and waited to see what they would say. Sure, maybe she could have eased into it more gently, but at this point she really didn't feel like it. She was tired, hungry and her head hurt, and she would rather not spend the night camping in the woods if she could help it.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Deceased
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 8
Characters:
Jacob Lang Current Status: Deceased
Billie Sommerfield Current Status: Deceased
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

David just shook his head at, Quentin oh, yeah. Jack. Jack had been third out of Gone Wild. He'd been in a pretty strong alliance, but when the tribes changed every round, it wasn't as good as it normally was, since most of those people were on the other tribe. But he knew that with the other three butting heads, there was only one thing David could do.

"Billie's right. Let's find somewhere where we can make shelter. We do have the ability to keep ourselves warm, so it's just a matter of finding somewhere where a fire won't get rained on or blown away." tensions were already a little high as they were, with them having to kill each other. The least he could do was calm things down so that he didn't get caught in the crossfire.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

"Dumbass terrorists..." He muttered. "Alright, alright, sure, whatever."

Jack wasn't sure if this was leading to all of them being together tonight or just a general statement that none of these people here should be sleeping outside tonight, the wording never made things concrete in his mind. Honestly he wasn't sure which one he'd prefer. He might as well ask.

"Okay, Dave, when you say "let's" you mean like, all four of us? Or just a general "hey fucko's, don't die" kind of thing?"

If Jack really wanted to though, he could just simply turn around and head straight back to the research station. That is assuming he remembers which way it was after all, he never got a good look at his map.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

So Wheelie was actually a Billie. Good to know.

Apart from that, Jack's inquiry made Quentin tense. What if David hadn't thought about the possibility of turning them away? It might have been better to just go with the flow.

But whatevs.

"If it's about shelter, I know a place," he said, confident to prove his worth for the group. "If the map isn't bullshitting us, there should be something called 'The Research Station' a bit further down the road. Probably a few old ruins, but better than sleeping under a tree, if you ask me." He pointed in the direction Jack had appeared from. Which was also the direction the other three would have taken anyways, so his contribution meant eff-all.

That being said, Q was uncertain that he vibed enough with this group to actually stick together for longer than a night. Sure, they looked harmless, but the thief girl he shot the other day - who apparently was still kicking - hadn't looked like a thief girl either. Just like a girl girl.

"So are we goood to go?"
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Well, personally, Billie was leaning towards the 'try not to die, fuckos' line of thinking, rather than building an even larger group, but though it really was her fault for leaving her words up to interpretation. Strategically, the idea made sense to some extent - with the numbers they had, they could cover for each other if trouble arose, and finally having a gun around would be a decent amount of protection, assuming that Quentin could be trusted.

That really was the sticking point, though. Maybe he was cooperating now, but the memory of the terrorists' presentation from earlier was still fresh in her mind. Anybody could turn on anyone else at any time, and it wasn't like anything back home had given her reason to trust these boys. Letting her guard down enough to travel with David was already enough of a sacrifice, and the idea of taking even more of them into her confidence was... uncomfortable to say the least. Perhaps she'd be able to persuade him to split off with her, but the way things were looking, it seemed very much like he'd prefer them over her. It wouldn't be a surprise, really. Billie knew how the world worked, and as much as it upset her to think about, most people would probably trade her for two guys who both had working legs. With any luck, she'd get a chance to talk to him in private on their way over to the station, but if not, well, she didn't really have a plan B, or really any long term plans at all, for that matter. David provided an alright distraction from thoughts of her imminent demise, but the reality of their inevitable separation came with the painful reminder that she was currently no better off than she was when she had woken up yesterday.

She took another breath, doing her best to hide the massive pain in her head from those around her. It wasn't like they could do anything about it, or at least, nothing more than she could do herself. Hopefully the supplies they had been given had some aspirin tucked away somewhere, though at this point she wouldn't be surprised if the first aid kit in her box was just a pile of bandages and an IOU. Whatever the case was, she'd have to wait just a bit longer to check it out, and she wasn't very keen on elongating that wait by standing around any longer. She turned to Quentin and gave a curt "Yeah.", before heading down the road.

((Billie Sommerfield continued in Yo dawg, I heard you like SOTF, so... Wait, you hate SOTF?!? Well, sucks to be you, pal.))
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Deceased
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 8
Characters:
Jacob Lang Current Status: Deceased
Billie Sommerfield Current Status: Deceased
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

David just watched as Billie started to leave. He looked up at the sky, feeling the wind blow slightly across his thankfully covered head.

"Right. Let's find someplace where the wind can't get to us, huh?"

((David Worth continued in Yo dawg, I heard you like SOTF, so... Wait, you hate SOTF?!? Well, sucks to be you, pal.))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Damn, cold much?

"Research station? Oh, oh don't worry yall, I know exactly where to go."

For his pride he wasn't going to admit otherwise. He wasn't going to admit a lot of things really.

(Jack Kilgore continued at Yo dawg, I heard you like SOTF, so... Wait, you hate SOTF?!? Well, sucks to be you, pal.)
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

So they were ready to go indeed.

Quentin made sure to pocket his gun and follow the others. They hadn't really spoken about how long this alliance would last, but maybe it was better to not bring this topic up. Maybe they could just stick together until, well, they couldn't anymore.

His ankle still hurt with every step, but he powered through it. No time to cry.

((Quentin B. Skinner continued in Yo dawg, I heard you like SOTF, so... Wait, you hate SOTF?!? Well, sucks to be you, pal.))
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]

Return to “The Old Road”