The Amazing Race: SOTF Edition

Leg 4 underway!

Separate from the Fun & Games section, this is for large-scale games that are not roleplays.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

thank you for the votes everyone!
Leg 2 (Part 1)

Previously on The Amazing Race, fifteen teams of two set out from AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, on a race around the world, starting in Cancun, Mexico.

While Brendan & Alba claimed the Fast Forward and were fast-tracked to the pitstop, both Sierra & Faith and Lori & Madison had trouble finding a pirate ship.

Morton, Lori and Regina all managed to secure their place in the race by completing the Roadblock quicker than anyone, while Min-jae, Chase and Richard slowed things down for their team.

In the end, Lori & Madison and Sierra & Faith managed to escape elimination, while Richard & William became the first team eliminated from the race.

Fourteen teams remain - who will be eliminated next?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[+] Remaining Teams
Axel & Abraham (v7)
Brendan & Alba (v6)
Chase & Brendan (v4)
Henry & Min-jae (v6)
Jasmine & Irene (v6)
Laura & Pineapple (TV3)
Lori & Madison (v7)
Matias & Ashanti (TV3)
Max & Abel (v7)
Michelle & Morton (PV3)
Myles & Ivy (v7)
Sierra & Faith (v7)
Thomas & Sakurako (v7)
Tucker & Regina (TV2)
Leaving first at 9:17 am, Brendan & Alba open their first clue:

"Fly to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Once you have landed, travel by taxi to the Bonde de Santa Teresa, where you will find your next clue."

All teams make their way back to Cancun, where they all catch different flights to Miami, Florida, upon which they all catch the same flight to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

Brendan & Alba catch the first flight to Miami:

Thomas & Sakurako, Matias & Ashanti, Henry & Min-Jae, Max & Abel, Axel & Abraham, Tucker & Regina and Chase & Brendan, manage to catch the second flight to Miami:

While Michelle & Morton, Jasmine & Irene, Myles & Ivy, Laura & Pineapple, Lori & Madison, and Sierra & Faith manage to catch the third flight to Miami:

With all teams making it onto the flight from Miami to Rio De Janeiro:

Upon arriving at the Bonde de Santa Teresa, teams find another clue.

"Travel by tram to the top of the Carioca Aqueduct - from there, travel by foot to the Escadaria Selarón, where a group of street artists will give you your next clue. Only seven teams can fit onto a single tram."

The first team to open their clue finds both a Fast Forward and a second Route Info:

"FAST FORWARD: To claim this Fast Forward, make your way to Praia do Flamengo and win a game of Beach Volleyball against a pair of locals, with both sides only using their feet. Once you score ten points against your opposition, you will win the Fast Forward."

As some teams decide whether or not to take the Fast Forward, others read the next Route Info:

"Travel by taxi to Largo de São Francisco de Paula, and find your next cluebox amongst the street parade."

The first team to arrive finds a bustling Rio Carnaval parade ongoing, as well as their clue - a Roadblock:

"ROADBLOCK: one team member must participate in a Rio Carnival parade. After putting on a special costume, they must learn the samba and then lead a parade of dancers. If the Carnival Princess approves their dance, they will receive their next clue; if not, they will be sent back to learn the dance and try again."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions for the Voters:

For the tram: PM me, either on the board or on Discord, four (4) teams you want to be on the first tram. The seven teams with the most votes will be on the first tram, departing at 9:00 AM, while the other seven teams will be on the second tram, departing at 9:20 AM. If there is a tie for the last few spot/s, the tiebreaker will be the first teams to have votes in. If there is still a tie, placements will be decided via random generator.

For the Fast Forward: PM me, either on the board or on Discord, one (1) team you want to win the Fast Forward. If the team with the most votes receives 3 or more, they will go for and win the Fast Forward. If they receive 2 or less, no team will claim the Fast Forward. All teams except Brendan & Alba are able to go for the Fast Forward.

For the taxi to Largo de São Francisco de Paula: Choose a taxi for each team from the numbered list below by placing the team next to a number. Each number corresponds to a time between 7 minutes and 13 minutes, with two times at each increment being available. Due to the random nature of this, voters can still only choose every 24 hours, but no priority will be given to voters who submitted team - choose any team you want at any time. This time will also apply to a team who goes for the Fast Forward, if applicable.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -

For the Roadblock: PM me, either on the board or on Discord, a ranking of each participant in the Roadblock, based on how well they would do in said Roadblock - learning samba choreography to the satisfaction of a judge.

For reference, the Roadblock participants are as follows:

Abraham Watanabe
Alba Reyes
Brendan Wallace
Henry Spencer
Jasmine King
Pineapple Bloodworth
Madison Springer
Matias Juarez
Abel Zelenovic
Michelle White
Myles Roux
Sierra Cook
Sakurako Jackson
Regina Aston

Total times will be calculated as follows:
[+] Time calculation
Time = 10 minutes (learning the choreography) + [5 minutes x number of attempts]

Once lists have been received, how many attempts a participant takes to do the Roadblock will depend on their average minus 1, rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, if a team places 2nd, 4th, 5th, 1st and 10th in the submitted lists, their average will be 4.4 - minus one is 3.4, and rounded to the nearest whole number is 3. Thus, they will take three attempts, thus 10 + [5 x 3] minutes, ie 25 minutes, to do the Roadblock.

Everyone has 48 hours, i.e. until March 23, 2021, 9:00 pm (PST) to get their votes in.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
[+] the youfs
V8:
S050: June Madison is just trying to get it together. She is going where the cold wind blows.
Previous Threads: Help I'm Alive - Come Out, Juanita, Don't Let Me Wait - Dum Spiro Spero - Everyone's Asleep In The House But Me - Daylight - keep looking forwards on paths sideways - Vultures - Ego Te Absolvo - Shawn's Marvelous Medicine - Medically Ineffective Intervention - no one knows where the ladder goes - I just can't help myself - Color In Your Cheeks - The Long Way Down - Trespasser
Pregame: When The Moon Hits Your Eye

Dead:
S069: Valentin Shulgin (adopted from yugi punished kun and salic) needs you to try your best. He's ran out of time in Далеко бежит дорога. [31/134]
Previous Threads: Murphy's Law - The Human Element - Mediation - Valentin Takes A Bath - the results of Valentin's experiment - Faire et Refaire - Well, I'm tired of losing - et Refaire et Refaire et Refaire - 28 Ghosts IV

S072: Przemyslaw Ziemiak (adopted from rc) is bettering himself. He finally got to see the stars in Blind Faith. [70/134]
Previous Threads: Romans 6:23 - Wendy House - Possession - Evening / Morning - She said, "Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." - I daydream until all the snow is gone
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Espi

Post by Espi »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Espi

Post by Espi »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 -
3 -
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - Laura and Pineapple
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 - Lori & Madison
3 -
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - Laura and Pineapple
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
[+] the youfs
V8:
S050: June Madison is just trying to get it together. She is going where the cold wind blows.
Previous Threads: Help I'm Alive - Come Out, Juanita, Don't Let Me Wait - Dum Spiro Spero - Everyone's Asleep In The House But Me - Daylight - keep looking forwards on paths sideways - Vultures - Ego Te Absolvo - Shawn's Marvelous Medicine - Medically Ineffective Intervention - no one knows where the ladder goes - I just can't help myself - Color In Your Cheeks - The Long Way Down - Trespasser
Pregame: When The Moon Hits Your Eye

Dead:
S069: Valentin Shulgin (adopted from yugi punished kun and salic) needs you to try your best. He's ran out of time in Далеко бежит дорога. [31/134]
Previous Threads: Murphy's Law - The Human Element - Mediation - Valentin Takes A Bath - the results of Valentin's experiment - Faire et Refaire - Well, I'm tired of losing - et Refaire et Refaire et Refaire - 28 Ghosts IV

S072: Przemyslaw Ziemiak (adopted from rc) is bettering himself. He finally got to see the stars in Blind Faith. [70/134]
Previous Threads: Romans 6:23 - Wendy House - Possession - Evening / Morning - She said, "Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred." - I daydream until all the snow is gone
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 - Lori & Madison
3 - Abraham & Axel
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 -
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - Laura and Pineapple
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 - Lori & Madison
3 - Abraham & Axel
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 - Michelle and Morton
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - Laura and Pineapple
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

[+] filling in the rest of the list with Wheel Decide
1 - Matias & Ashanti
2 - Lori & Madison
3 - Abraham & Axel
4 - Brendan and Alba
5 - Michelle & Morton
6 - Henry and Min-jae
7 - Chase & Brendan
8 - Sierra & Faith
9 - Tucker & Regina
10 - Myles & Ivy
11 - Max & Abel
12 - Jasmine & Irene
13 - Laura and Pineapple
14 - Thomas & Sakurako
thanks for all the votes everyone!
Leg 2 (Part 2)

The following teams all made it onto the first tram:
[+] First Tram
Axel & Abraham (v7)
Brendan & Alba (v6)
Henry & Min-Jae (v6)
Matias & Ashanti (TV3)
Max & Abel (v7)
Michelle & Morton (PV3)
Thomas & Sakurako (v7)
The following teams made it onto the second tram:
[+] Second Tram
Chase & Brendan (v4)
Jasmine & Irene (v6)
Laura & Pineapple (TV3)
Lori & Madison (v7)
Myles & Ivy (v7)
Sierra & Faith (v7)
Tucker & Regina (TV2)
The team that managed to go for (and win) the Fast Forward is:
[+] Fast Forward winners
ImageImage

Axel & Abraham!

They will skip all tasks and head directly to the pitstop.
The taxis were as follows:
[+] Taxi Times
The Roadblock times were as follows:
[+] Roadblock completion times
20 minutes
Madison
Sakurako

25 minutes
Alba

30 minutes
Myles

45 minutes
Henry
Matias
Michelle
Regina

50 minutes
Jasmine
Pineapple

55 minutes
Brendan
Abel
Sierra
--------------

The first team to complete the roadblock opens their clue:

"Travel by taxi to the Espaço OX volleyball club on the Copacabana Beach, where you will find your next clue."

Once arrived at the next route marker, teams open their next clue to find a Detour:

"ON THE ROCKS: Travel to a nearby beach bar and learn to make the Caipirinha, the national cocktail of Brazil. You must then make 100 caipirinhas to the satisfaction of the bartender - once completed, you will receive their next clue."

ON THE BEACH: Take a portable swimsuit stand and sell swimsuits to members of the public along the Copacabana beach - once you earn at least 300 reais in sales, you will receive their next clue."

The first team to complete the detour receives their final clue of the leg:

"Make your way to the next pitstop - Niterói Contemporary Art Museum. WARNING: THE LAST TEAM TO CHECK IN HERE MAY BE ELIMINATED."

--------------

Instructions for Voters:

For the taxi to Espaço OX: Send me three (3) teams who will get stuck in traffic on the way to the volleyball club. Teams that receive three or more votes will get lost for a number of minutes two (2) times the number of votes they receive.

For the Detour: Decide which Detour every team chooses.
- If a team is voted to do the first option more times, then the team will do On The Rocks. Otherwise, the team will do On The Beach. In the case of a tie, a team automatically does On The Beach.

Times will be computed as follows:

On The Rocks - base time of 30 minutes, 3-minute increments corresponding to their overall rank (+30, +3)
On The Beach - base time of 15 minutes, 10-minute increments corresponding to their overall rank (+15, +10)

For the taxi to the pitstop: Send me three (3) teams who will get stuck in traffic on the way to the pitstop. Teams that receive three or more votes will get lost for a number of minutes three (3) times the number of votes they receive. If you voted to hinder a team on the way to Espaço OX, you cannot vote for the same team here.

For reference for all of the above tasks, the applicable teams are:

Brendan & Alba (v6)
Chase & Brendan (v4)
Henry & Min-jae (v6)
Jasmine & Irene (v6)
Laura & Pineapple (TV3)
Lori & Madison (v7)
Matias & Ashanti (TV3)
Max & Abel (v7)
Michelle & Morton (PV3)
Myles & Ivy (v7)
Sierra & Faith (v7)
Thomas & Sakurako (v7)
Tucker & Regina (TV2)

--------------

Everyone has 70 hours ie until 26th March 9pm PST, to get their votes in.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Episode 2 (Results)

The following teams became lost on their way to Espaço OX:
[+] times
6 minutes
Henry & Min-Jae (v6)
Matias & Ashanti (TV3)
Tucker & Regina (TV2)
The Detour Choices play out as follows:
[+] Detour times
On The Rocks - 30 minutes
Chase & Brendan (v4)
Henry & Min-Jae (v6)
Myles & Ivy (v7)

On The Rocks - 33 minutes
Matias & Ashanti (TV3)
Tucker & Regina (TV2)

---

On The Beach - 15 minutes
Jasmine & Irene (v6)
Lori & Madison (v7)

On The Beach - 25 minutes
Brendan & Alba (v6)
Michelle & Morton (PV3)
Thomas & Sakurako (v7)

On The Beach - 35 minutes
Laura & Pineapple (TV3)

On The Beach - 45 minutes
Max & Abel (v7)
Sierra & Faith (v7)
The following teams became lost on their way to the pitstop:
[+] Times
9 minutes
Lori & Madison (v7)
Max & Abel (v7)
Myles & Ivy (v7)
Teams arrive at the pitstop at the Niterói Contemporary Art Museum:

In the following order:
[+] 1st place
10:13 AM
ImageImage

Axel & Abraham, you're team number one!
As the winners of this leg you win a ten-minute credit which will be applied to your worst-performed task in the next leg.
[+] 2nd place
11:18 AM
ImageImage

Brendan & Alba, you're team number two!
[+] 3rd place
11:22 AM
ImageImage

Thomas & Sakurako, you're team number three!
[+] 4th place
11:40 AM
ImageImage

Lori & Madison, you're team number four!
[+] 5th place
11:45 AM
ImageImage

Michelle & Morton, you're team number five!
[+] 6th place
11:56 AM
ImageImage

Henry & Min-jae, you're team number six!
[+] 7th place
11:58 AM
ImageImage

Matias & Ashanti, you're team number seven!
[+] 8th place
12:04 PM
ImageImage

Jasmine & Irene, you're team number eight!
[+] 9th place
12:05 PM
ImageImage

Myles & Ivy, you're team number nine!
[+] 10th place
12:22 PM
ImageImage

Chase & Brendan, you're team number ten!
[+] 11th place
12:23 PM
ImageImage

Laura & Pineapple, you're team number eleven!
[+] 12th place
12:24 PM
ImageImage

Tucker & Regina, you're team number twelve!
[+] 13th place
12:28 PM
ImageImage

Max & Abel, you're team number thirteen!
[+] Last place
12:34 PM
ImageImage

Sierra & Faith, you're the last team to arrive.

I'm sorry to tell you, you've both been eliminated from the race.
--------------
[+] Current leaderboard
Leg 3 will begin soon!
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Espi

Post by Espi »

At the start of the race-

Confessional:
Jae: We slipped up a little at that roadblock, but we're in a good position so far I think.
Henry: Yeah. We did like, everything else right, so as long as that doesn't happen again we'll be fine.
Jae: Don't jinx us just yet.

Opening the clue-

Dialogue:
Henry, aggressively rolling his Rs: Fly to Rrrrrio de Janierrrro, Brrrazil!
Jae: *Visibly stifling laughter*

Upon arriving at the steps-
Henry's confessional:
Henry: The city is really beautiful, it's so colorful. There's nothing like this back home. I like the whole dark, black aesthetic a lot, obviously, but it's just so pretty here!

At the fast forward-
Dialogue:

Henry: Have you ever played volleyball with your feet?
Jae: Wha-no, what? Don't be ridiculous. This will take us forever.
Henry: Alright, just asking.

At the roadblock-

Dialogue:
Henry: "Who's ready to shake in their boots"?
Jae: It's gonna be dancing, so you do it.
Henry: Alright, let's dance!

Jae's confessional:
Jae: I figured Henry's got more energy in general, and isn't afraid to look like an idiot.

Unfortunately, it becomes apparent that Henry is having trouble. He is consistently forgetting one or more steps in the attempts, forcing him to try to relearn it, and beginning to become visibly distressed as several teams pass him by. Jae paces antsily on the sidelines, grimacing.

Henry's Confessional:
Henry: I really didn't think it'd be so hard, but with everything going on all at once, I just couldn't keep everything in order in my brain. And then once I messed up once, I got even more turned around.

Dialogue:
Jae: C'mon, Henry, just stay calm. You'll get it.
Henry: I know, I know. I...ugh, I'm so stupid.

Eventually, the judge approves his dance, and he nearly breaks down in relief upon receiving the clue. Jae gives him a hug as they regroup.

Dialogue:
Jae: You did great, that was really hard.
Henry: I'm really sorry.
Jae: No, it's fine, you did fine. Let's get going.

To compound matters, the two become stuck in traffic on the way to the beach, leaving both visibly irritated, Henry leaning his face on the steering wheel as Jae angrily smacks the dashboard when they stop again. Finally, they reach the detour.

Dialogue:
Henry: "On the Rocks or on the Beach"?
Jae: Let's do the drink thing. Maybe they'll let us have some at the end of it.
Henry: I can't, I'm driving a car in a race.
Jae: Just me, then. I'll save you some for after.

Fortunately, this task proves to be fairly easy for the two, though time-consuming, and they are able to complete it as quickly as possible.

Dialogue:
Henry: Travel to the pitstop!
Jae: Oh, thank god.

Upon reaching the Pit Stop, both are visibly much more relieved than the previous leg.

Confessional:
Jae: We don't wanna let these challenges trip us up again. We can do better than this.
Henry: Well, we're at one Roadblock each, so maybe it'll be smooth from here on?
Jae: God, I hope so.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba, to Brendan, during the Detour: Hey, would it help if I modeled one of these swimsuits? Would that help us sell more?
Brendan, stammering and twiddling his fingers: O-oh god. U-Uhm... m-maybe? I-If you think that would h-help us.

Result: Alba does the challenge in a bikini, even though it added slightly to their time.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

post to bump onto new page!
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!

Return to “Forum Games”