V8 Pregame Away Thread

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Deamon

V8 Pregame Away Thread

Post by Deamon »

Okay folks, if you're going to be spending some time away from the site, this is the thread to let us know in. As always, we ask that everyone follow the template below when posting away. If you do not do so, your away post will not be counted, and you will not receive any extra time against inactivity. Not as important in pregame but a good habit to get in.

This is not the thread to post that your activity will be reduced, as doing so clutters it up and makes it harder for staff to track. Instead, there is the reduced activity thread for that.

Template

Handler: Your name goes here. Use your forum handle, so we can easily find you in the list.
Dates Away: Post the dates you are away for here (For example, April 02 2021- April 06 2021). Please spell out the months, so we can tell what you mean; dd/mm/yy is not the standard in every country. Do not leave this open-ended; if you have to, estimate high and return early or renew as required.
Days Away: The total number of days away goes here. This saves you from staff math errors late at night. do not give a range. Pick a single, specific number. If in doubt, estimate high and then come back early if you are able. If you give a range, staff will give you the lowest number you put in.
Reason for Away: Here is where you say why you're gone.
Characters: List your characters here.

After this, feel free to put whatever you want, but you must have this template completely filled out to be counted as away.

Here's the code version:

Code: Select all

[b]Handler:[/b]
[b]Dates Away:[/b]
[b]Days Away:[/b]
[b]Reason for Away:[/b]
[b]Characters:[/b]
Next, a note on babysitting. While this trend is no longer so prevalent, the rules on it stand. Having someone babysit your characters has no effect at all on their inactivity. You post yourself away for however long you are away for, and your inactivity dates are adjusted based on that. If you have a babysitter, that's fine, but it is only to keep up your characters' momentum/keep things going with their threadmates. You are still responsible for posting with them by their adjusted inactivity date, and failure to do so will bear the usual results.

Finally, do not edit any away posts in this thread. Do not post edit posts to say you are back. Do not change your dates away. If there's any issue, repost, or we won't find your changes and you may run into inactivity troubles. If you need to extend your away for whatever reason, that is totally fine. Just repost to cover the new dates (and only the new dates) that you will be away.

So, remember, no editing, no uncertain numbers of days away, and no not-really-Away-but-limited-access posts in this thread. We know that activity isn't monitored in pregame but these are good habits to get into now before the game starts proper. If there are problematic posts, we'll try to note it through Help, but there's no guarantee of that happening, and failure to properly adhere to the rules of this thread will not be a thing in your favor if you ever have to appeal a staff decision, since everything's clearly spelled out here.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Slam

Post by Slam »

Handler: Slam
Dates Away: April 9th - April 11th
Days Away: 2
Reason for Away: Visiting folks
Characters: Teddie Boyd
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Slam

Post by Slam »

Dates Away: May 31st - June 4th
Days Away: 5
Reason for Away: Holiday!
Characters: Teddie Boyd, Spuds Bullock
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Handler: mostlyharmfulll
Dates Away: July 18th to 1st August
Days Away: 15
Reason for Away: Going on vacation
Characters: Dawn Montogomery, Ethan Kemp
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

I would like to withdraw my Away-post since it turned out that I will have internet access during my vacation, meaning that I can post after all.
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
Slam

Post by Slam »

Dates Away: 7th - 14th September inclusive
Days Away: 8
Reason for Away: Holiday
Characters: Teddie Boyd, Spuds Bullock
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Handler: VoltTurtle
Dates Away: 10/27 to 11/3
Days Away: 7
Reason for Away: Vacation to Salem, Massachusetts.
Characters: Katelyn Graves, Natasha White, Lúcio Oliveira
backslash

Post by backslash »

Handler: backslash
Dates Away: 11/24 - 11/28
Days Away: 5
Reason for Away: Thanksgiving holidays and whatnot
Characters: Iris Waite, Taylor Thorne, Angelo Lee, Stormy Delacroix, Kai Rosado-Prince, and Eve Zima in the queue
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Handler: Yona
Dates Away: December 19 to 21, Jan 1 to 3 approx
Days Away: 15
Reason for Away: Estimating the time here, we're on a roadtrip to LA and I might be super busy visiting everyone. Parents got control over wifi, y'know, wont want me online for long periods at a time. I'll also be on a wifiless car. It's more reduced activity but I need to be sure.
Characters: Isaiah Flanagan, Lorenzo Araya, Betty Sadberry, Erika Takahashi-Schaff, and Noah Karimi-Fallah in the queue
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Handler: Mostlyharmfulll
Dates Away: December 26 to January 2.
Days away: 8
Reason for Away: I am going on vacation. It might be that I will have internet there, but even then it would only be for around an hour per day, which I would rather use to keep up-to-date than hastily write a post.
Characters: Dawn Montogomery, Ethan Kemp, Derek Caldwell, Daenerys "D" Todd
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Handler: Pippi
Dates Away: January 8th to January 31st
Days Away: 24
Reason for Away: Going to visit my girlfriend in America for 3 weeks! I will have my laptop and phone with me so MAY be able to smack out a short post or two if I get a free moment, but most of my time will be spent being incredibly gay!
Characters: Robin Valenti, Poppy Fontaine, Trinity Ashmore, Beatrice Briggs, Jess Kawazoe, Ada Bentley
[+] V9
Amber Barnes
Dennis "Buck" Buckley
Patty English
Alejandro Garcia de Teresa
[+] The Past
V8
S009 - Trinity Ashmore - DECEASED - Sasumata - Embrace the dark you call a home, gaze upon an empty white throne - overlords! > Zeus > Road > Recycle > Clarification > Now? > Dodge
Pregame - Annabelle > Light > Treasures

S019 - Robin Valenti - DECEASED - Bowie knife - And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain - Lights
Pregame - Tears
The Past - like > You
It's Media - awry

S038 - Jess Kawazoe - DECEASED - MAC-11 - What's going on? Could this be my understanding? It's not your fault, I was being too demanding - Veridis > Lines > Circuit > Human
Pregame - Voyager
It's Media - ALERT

S054 - Beatrice Briggs - DECEASED - Broadaxe - Calling for the hero, here comes a big rush, if only for tomorrow, hold on and push up - Prison > Healing > father > Flowers > Beautiful > Gentle > Sing > Ordovician > You > Permian > World > sunflower > universe
Pregame - Sunset

Left Behind (Pregame)
Poppy Fontaine - Here comes the sun, here comes the raging sun, and it's raging on and so we rage as one, on until the day is done - Pregame - door > Fight!
It's Media - neighbors

Ada Bentley - Stranded on an island made of glass, trapped between the future and the past - Pregame - Intro
It's Media - Typo! > Neighbourhood > everyone

V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster

V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Tim - Freddie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
Redd Quintero
Melissa 'Lissa' McCree
Jamie Mittelman
Tabitha 'Tabby' Sun
Natalie McGuiness
Takumi Tsunoda
Ophelia Wright
Anna Montgomery
Jordan Rush
Patton Tesser
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
backslash

Post by backslash »

Handler: backslash
Dates Away: March 14-21
Days Away: 7
Reason for Away: Traveling out of state, won't have time for regular posting
Characters: Iris Waite, Taylor Thorne, Kai Rosado-Prince, Stormy Delacroix, Angelo Lee, Eve Zima
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Handler: Deamon
Dates Away: April 23rd-27th
Days Away: 4
Reason for Away: Going to Milan with friends so very likely won’t be able to post but if I can squeeze small ones in I will.
Characters: California Fox, Jessica Romero, Darryl Smith, Robbie Woodvind, Aracelis Fuentes
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Handler: Deamon
Dates Away: April 27th
Days Away: 1
Reason for Away: Hello me again, my flight got cancelled so I require an extra day away
Characters: California Fox, Jessica Romero, Darryl Smith, Robbie Woodvind, Aracelis Fuentes
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”