Ursa Major Meltdown

day 1 in the kitchens

The dining area and kitchens are found on the ground floor of The Quarters and are made up of one main dining room that features square tables set up for multiple people and a kitchen separated by a swinging door. The kitchen itself is on the basic side, including two fridges, two ovens, and two stoves along with countertops and a sink; all of the appliances are now non-functional with no electricity to power them. While the station was in operation mealtimes tended to be communal with food served through a large portal in the wall between the kitchen and seating area. The chairs in the room have soft-cushioned seats and backrests with a metal frame. All the chairs are neatly tucked into their respective tables.
Jilly

Ursa Major Meltdown

Post by Jilly »

((Eve Zima starts here.))

Some time after Andrew and Shawn left the dining area, Eve slowly came back to the sea of consciousness in the middle of the kitchen floor.

"Mmm.... mmm....," she mumbled, slowly opening and blinking her eyes with her ear pressed into the ground.

She didn't want to get up. She knew where she was. She knew what was waiting for her if she got up. She was just gonna keep lying here. Lying here meant she could just go back to sleep. Lying here meant she didn't have to see that her face she spent all morning putting together was probably fucking ruined. Lying here meant she didn't have to accept that, even if she did survive, her life was fucking over.

Several moments passed before the awareness of something being on top of her hit her, like literally something was spooning her and pressing into the side of her neck.

She turned her eyes towards her waist. A mass of what looked like some sort of black fur draped over her torso.

She turned her head fully and traded eye contact with the bear's face sat on her neck waiting to tell her "Good morning, Peaches!" before getting up to cook her a plate of bacon and eggs.

Of course, in the darkness of the unfriendly and foreign kitchen, the first thing Eve replied with was a hysteric scream at the top of her lungs.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

((Ingrid Wilde continued from conditions of absolute reality))

The door to the diner slammed open and shut. A girl's voice called out from the dining area proper.

"Don't be so fucking loud."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Immediately after screaming, Eve flung the bear hide off with a flail of her arms; it softly collided against one of the counters before landing on the floor in a mass of fur and exposed skin.

At that moment, someone slammed a door open and shut from what sounded like the other room—wherever this fucking room was, anyway.

"I'll be loud if I fucking want," Eve scoffed back with bite of her own. She sat up on the floor and pushed off with her hands, getting back up to her feet with more wobbling than she expected, like she was a toddler. Her brain was still covered in a dense fog, but she couldn't tell if that was from sleeping for.... probably quite a scarily long time or just from how fucked everything was. Probably some combination of the two.

Part of her wanted to keep staying on the floor, but she needed to look at the new person. If they were dumb enough to announce they were here too, they probably wouldn't shoot her on sight. Or they could and she wouldn't have to worry about anything ever again. So, win-win.

She picked up the bear skin and gave it a quick glance, dragging it with her to the exposed part of the wall with her hand under the creepy hollow head as if she were about to start a puppet show. "Sorry, this... thing was on me."
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Ingrid shined a flashlight towards the girl, scoffing when she saw the bear hide.

"Unless the bears here are really fucking flat, you're fine."

She shined her light past her, illuminating the kitchen behind her.

"Mind if I hop back there with you? I'm looking for something, and this shithole seemed like a good place to start."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Heel to toe, he quietly entered the kitchen from the dining room.

((Josh James start))

He had been drawn by the noise. As he opened the door, he clicked his flashlight off. There'd been a loud scream and he had been drawn to the room by the commotion.

Josh stood looking at the two girls in the kitchen with the BR18 clutched in front of him. His hands trembled slightly and his grip on the gun was a little slippery.

He opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't know what to say.

"Um..." said hoarsely, was all that came out. He swallowed and his throat hit the collar.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Ingrid. She wasn't the most... ideal person to wake up near, but there were worse picks. It wasn't that Eve didn't like her, but... well, no that wasn't true. Ingrid was kind of a bitch; you heard things pretty easily through the grapevine about people like her. But she was never that much of a bitch to Eve, and that was the difference.

Eve looked her over for a sec in the beam of the flashlight; her eyes ultimately fell on the other girl's arm trapped in a brace before she spoke again. "Sure, whatever."

Eve turned the bear skin towards herself and flapped what was left of its mouth up and down a few times like it was doing vocal warm-up exercises before she retreated from the window herself. She dropped the skin onto the floor and grabbed the bag she just kind of assumed was hers and set it up on one of the kitchen counters and prepared to inventory it, keeping an eye on Ingrid because Eve wasn't that much of an idiot.

"...What're you looking for?" Eve asked, in a "There are may people at Versailles today." way. Just had to say something.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"Dunno quite yet," she replied, shrugging and stepping into the kitchen. "Still working on that. Just think I'll know it when I see it."

She wasn't sure how candidly she could speak of what she had planned. For all she knew the second she made too-overt a gesture at escaping, they'd burst her head open like an egg, and probably whoever else was around for good measure. It was gonna be incredibly hard to communicate any of this under that kind of pressure.

That line of thought was interrupted by the subtle "Um..." of an intruder

Ingrid shined her light in its direction. A boy she didn't know had entered. She could tell at a glance he was nervous, which seemed a bit odd. After all, he was the only person in the room with a gun. The color drained from her face as she eyed the weapon. She'd kinda hoped she'd have a little more time before someone shot at her.

"Can we..." she said, tone wary, "help you, bud?"
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

((Matthew Bell continued from Flight Terminal))

As they'd entered the building, Matthew had heard someone screaming. He didn't know what the fuck was going on, but he and Jack had hauled ass all the way up the stairs to where the source of the scream had come from. Hovering outside one of the door to the dining hall, Matthew quietly drew the pistol, glancing over at Jack.

"Be ready."
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

(Jack Kilgore continued from Flight Terminal)

As Jack lagged behind after all of the walking, his mind jumped back to reality the moment he heard a rather unpleasant noise.

"Well fuck, I do not wanna see a fucking corpse ya know." He whispered.

He spun the axe in his hand (Almost dropping it in the process.) And stayed just outside the entrance to the dining hall as well. Going on the opposite side of the door as opposed to Matthew.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

One of the girls noticed his presence, Ingrid, and asked how he could be helped.

"I want..." he started.

He wasn't actually sure.

A friend?

A girl?

Some other secret third thing?

A vile, sharp-toothed version of himself appeared in his mind's eye.

That couldn't be right.

His hands tightened around the weapon.

"...my ants," he mumbled.

Josh was aware that this wasn't really normal, socially accepted behavior. He knew that. But no one ever actually demanded that he make much of an effort on that front. He was good looking and he was good at a sport and lived in a house with six other people who were louder than he was. He was #himbo material or something, though that was a bit insulting, honestly.

Then Josh noticed Ingrid eying the gun he was holding. She looked at it with fear and with rapt attention and he observed her observing it. Their eyes met.

He smiled a little and took one step forward.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

...Wait, what about ants?

Why was Josh smiling like that? Where'd he even come from?

The gun glinted in his hands, even in the dim light.

Eve's eyes darted around the room. The only door was behind Josh. The only other way out was through the kitchen hole thing. It suddenly started to feel very cramped around here.

She took a step back as she kept watch of Ingrid and Josh in front of her, sliding the bag across the countertop with her and sealing it as fast as she could.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

She stepped back in sync, eyes locked to his.

"Easy, now. Not here to hurt ya."

She wasn't, really, though she would if it came to it. She wasn't gonna let him gun the two of them down.

"Trying to do the opposite of that, really. Y'know, get us out and all that."

Would it be better to stand her ground or bolt? It definitely felt like he was threatening her, but would running set him off? If she did move, would she run from him or towards him? And what would she do about Eve in any case?

"So just... don't act like a psycho."

Either way, she got the sense she was gonna have to choose, and soon.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Yeah? Too fucking bad, I have a little inkling we're gonna see a couple of those on this shithole." Matthew whispered back, gathering his courage as he spoke. Honor. Courage. Commitment. Some of the key values of a Marine. He wasn't exactly sitting in some dingy office in Boston hashing out his MOS right now, but that didn't mean those values meant jack shit.

"I'll take point, watch my six." With that, Matthew barged into the dining hall, gun in his right hand as he scanned the area. Nobody in this dining hall place, but there were a few people in the kitchen; he could see them through like, the place where they probably served food from, like the sloppy shit they got served in the John Endecott cafeteria. Two girls, one guy, guy had what looked like some kinda rifle. Didn't look openly threatening, but the girls didn't exactly look too happy with his presence.

"Hey, hey, what's up broskis and uh, girlskis?" Congratulations, Matthew. You've singlehandedly said the stupidest fucking thing this goddamn building has ever had the misfortune of hearing. Still, Matthew beamed, trying to make himself look friendly. He still had the gun in his hand, 'course. If this dickhead tried to start mowing people down, he thought he had a good enough shot on him.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

"Oh my fucking gawd, if we see a damn one then I'm going to cry. Well, maybe not. Well like I- uhh, ehhhh, hm." He wasn't sure, actually. Maybe crying wouldn't be the first thing he'd do but maybe just like every main character in a movie, they'd have enough bad shit happen to them and then eventually they reach their low point and break down. That's when he'd start crying. And then maybe a closest friend or some random-ass memory would bring them back from the brink of hopelessness and then the hero realizes that maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't give up after all. Then again there's no friends nor allies to be found here, so that's kind of a downer if he had to be honest.

Looking to be in utter confusion as he didn't actually have a clue what the hell "watch my six" meant, he was about to say something about how Matthew should honestly just speak like a normal damn person when he immediately went to barge into the dining area. After uttering a word of confusion, he slowly stepped inside as well. Just in time to see the other guy with a fucking gun that let's face it, Jack felt like would better belong in his hands. And he was able to hear the single worst thing he's heard in quite a bit, and Jack was literally given a rundown on a fucking death game.

"Ooooh my gooood, oooooh my god. Bruh! You sounded like a fucking dumbass!" He had to struggle to stop himself from just laughing right now, because just because you're in a fight to the death doesn't mean you can't find things absolutely stupid. "Yeah! What up broskis?" Completely forgetting for a moment about the guy with a fucking assault rifle in front of him.

Yup yup, something totally radical maaaaan is going on right now. Bet Steve would love this.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Josh's next foot took position as a half step in front of him, to move in on Ingrid when she had stepped back.

However, the rest of him didn't complete the move forward.

He slipped his left hand into his pocket and pulled out a string of wooden beads. Josh's thumb and forefinger slid over the cross at the end of the beads, then moved the string so that he touched the single bead after the cross. Then, he rotated the rosary and let the next three beads, that were in a little group together, slide through his fingers.

As his fingers traveled around the beads, his foot retreated back to its starting position and he stood where he had been, leaving the wider gap between him and Ingrid.

"I didn't think you wanted to hurt me," he said, taking a deep breath.

At her next words he looked a bit resentful and looked away from her towards the ground. A tingling, slightly uncomfortable feeling spread across his cheeks and shoulders like someone had put Vicks Vaporub on him.

Then two loud people entered, and one of them also had a gun. Josh no longer had the upper hand, and he no longer had the advantage. He looked panicked. Josh looked around and saw that the only way back out of the kitchen was the way he'd gone in, which was now blocked by the new arrivals.

His hand shot out and he grabbed Ingrid by the arm, forcing her in front of him. He held the gun near her head, but not quite pointing at it. Josh's heart raced and he gripped her.

"I'm sorry," he said, to no one in particular. She was warm.

"I just want to leave," he said to the group, with a desperate tinge to his voice. "Let me get to the door of the dining area and you can have her back."

Return to “Dining Area (DANGER ZONE)”