Avoidance

One-shot, the death march - External actions

Cutting a path through the trees at the base of the mountain, the old road was the only usable link for vehicles wishing to travel between the mining town and the research station. This meant it was kept in relatively good condition almost year-round, although it was prone to blockages from mountain debris. In the years since the island was abandoned, no one has been present to clear these blockages, and the tarmac has started to crack and break apart from years of freezing and thawing. Despite this, it is still the most easily traversable path on the island, even with the edges of the forest starting to encroach upon it.

Thread limit: 1
CardboardAirplane

Avoidance

Post by CardboardAirplane »

(Perante Losoa continued from Futility)

“I think I uh—I think I need a break.”

Eyes watched as he sat against the door in one of the rooms of the sleeping quarters. He took a bottle of water and chugged most of it. He looked down at the floor, continuously tapping the ground next to him.

Eyes watched as he was left alone with his thoughts. They saw how he didn’t look like he was all there mentally. They saw how he looked to be getting worse.

Eyes watched as hours passed. He slowly stood up and put his brass knuckles inside of his bag. He took the rest of his crackers and pocketed them. He stared at it for a while before walking out of the room and heading outside.

His bag stayed in the room.

The snow crunched underneath him; his breathing filled the blanks of the eerily quiet surroundings.

He kept moving forward.

He stopped and his eyes darted around, like he was jolted awake after being on autopilot.

He kept moving forward.

Most of the crackers were gone now. He was going through them rather quickly.

He kept moving forward.

He stopped moving.

Eyes watched as he started talking.

“I did say we should accept that we’re not winning.” The voice came out small and hoarse.

“And ya know, I’m a man of my words. I’m not that dishonorable. Like, I’ve made peace with that fact.” He rose from a whisper, the dry tone still clear in his voice.

“You know, we’re not evil. But I don’t want to contribute to anyone um—uh being that way, I guess. You know?”

He kept moving forward.

The tin of crackers was empty. He should’ve gotten some water to go along with it.

He kept moving forward.

“And by that, I mean like, I don’t wanna make anyone have to kill me. Just thought I should clarify. You know, if you didn’t know. What I meant by that. That’s not gonna be my purpose. I know what I want to be.”

He kept moving forward.

“I’m not giving up, by the way. That’s not what’s happening. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”

He kept moving forward.

He reached his destination. He smiled once more for the cameras. He wanted to show that he was fine.

(Perante Losoa continued at Mortality)
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread

Return to “The Old Road”