I Hail From Nowhere

Open! Day 7

The recreation room was a larger room where the residents of the base would go to relax during downtime. The room has a collection of sofas and armchairs arranged facing a large grey CRT TV with built in VCR player that was usually used to play a variety of movies, a collection of VHS that can be found arranged on a bookshelf. The room also contains a ping-pong and pool table in its centre and a homemade bar along the far wall that was clearly added in later, even featuring a dusty neon sign for Coors.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The door was being knocked. Most people wouldn't knock, especially not if they were a player, they'd just bust the fucking door open and start shooting.

"Stay there." Matthew muttered to Dawn, walking forwards. If the person behind that door was not a face Matthew wanted to see, he'd shoot. If they were, he wasn't gonna shoot. Simple as. Gun levelled at chest height, or neck/face height if you were a Katelyn-sized person, he opened the door.

"Oh, uh, David. We were just talking about you." Not a face he was expecting to see, but dude wasn't a killer so it was a face that he was glad to see. "Your buddy, uh, Dawn, she's in there and there's also a sword. Keep yourself safe, I'm gonna go after the uh, screaming dude." And with that, Matthew sorta squeezed past David, heading off down the corridor.

It was a little abrupt, but there wasn't smoke without fire or screaming without pain. Best case scenario, it was someone he could patch up, worst case scenario they were already dead and he'd have to add another name to the list of people who'd been killed on this island.

It was a little long already.

((Matthew Bell continued in FUBAR))
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1
Homecoming: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Thankfully no one got shot. Even better, the 'knocker' turned out to be a familiar face.

"I am glad to see you again," Dawn awkwardly shouted across the room to the entering David while coming out of the cover.

"During my trip to the village and mine, I found a few things that should be helpfull."

She pointed at her spoils neatly sorted at the bar, including stuff such as differently-colored bedsheets and car antennae.

"How did your search go?"
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

David was a little thankful at the fact that it was Dawn who answered the door ... and Matt, but he decided to bail, too, going after Crystal.

Either way, Dawn had found a lot of otherwise useless crap for her little monument thing.

"Uh, yeah. I found some stuff, too." David motioned to his bags, that had some of the stuff he'd found humoring Dawn. He looked further in. There was a sword.

"You think we should take that with us? It could be useful down the line."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Again, the sword was brought up.

Dawn looked at the weapon buried in wood, biting her lip in thought. She had been fine with Matthew taking it away. But if David took it, the weapon would follow her around.

Then again, she knew a lot more about David than she did about Matthew. Ethan had worked on David's Survivor show, so he was basically the friend of a friend. Plus she had been in contact with him during her own two seasons.

There also was the matter of him not appearing on any announcements, but Dawn refused to use that as a metric for trustworthiness.

"Sure, we can take it. Just be aware that I have decided against using a weapon, so you will have to hold onto it."
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

David nodded at that. It didn't seem reasonable to him, but at the same time, he'd rather not be going this alone.

"That works. At the very least, if we have it, then the people who will use it to kill don't. Also, it might be useful in some other ways - we'll have to make fire anyway in this weather."

Well, that and they were going to have to kill or be killed anyway. He'd rather have something to defend himself with.

David walked over, and gave the sword a tug. Seemed stuck for now.

"Yeah. this thing's in firmly."

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"Wait, let's try it together."

After inspecting the way the sword was stuck to figure out the best way to free it, Dawn assumed what she believed to be the optimal position and motioned for David to get ready as well.

"On the count of three. One... Two... THREE!"

She pulled.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Dawn held onto the sword and counted down, as they tugged out on three. This time, the sword came out, sending David back a few steps as he had to regain his footing. It looked somewhat ornate - the hilt had some patterns on it, and it looked ... usable. Either someone would actually be intimidated enough to stay away, or it could do some damage. Either way, he'd won out by pulling it out.

"So, where do you think we should make the monument?"

((David Worth continued in WALK THROUGH THE DOORS AND I’M GOOD))

Version 8
[+] Version 7
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Good question.

"I was considering the listening station or the correctional bulding. We could hang the bedsheets I found to decorate the small building from the outside. Then we use the other stuff to decorate the interior. Basically turning the whole place into the shrine.

"There are probably other good places in the village, but I am not sure if we can carry everything across the island. Furthermore..."

Dawn looked out of a window, not liking what she saw.

"... with the current weather, we shouldn't be outside for too long.

"I say we scavenge the different buildings of the station a little more until the snow stops falling."

Getting back from the window, she saw a sheat lying on the ground.

"That's for the sword, I suppose."

((Dawn Montogomery continued in WALK THROUGH THE DOORS AND I'M GOOD))
V9
Judy Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
Sarah Williams
V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]

Return to “Rec Room (DANGER ZONE)”