FUBAR

PM for entry, Day 8

Cutting a path through the trees at the base of the mountain, the old road was the only usable link for vehicles wishing to travel between the mining town and the research station. This meant it was kept in relatively good condition almost year-round, although it was prone to blockages from mountain debris. In the years since the island was abandoned, no one has been present to clear these blockages, and the tarmac has started to crack and break apart from years of freezing and thawing. Despite this, it is still the most easily traversable path on the island, even with the edges of the forest starting to encroach upon it.

Thread limit: 1
Applesintime

FUBAR

Post by Applesintime »

((Matthew Bell continued from I Hail From Nowhere))

The announcements had not put Matthew Bell in a good mood, given the fact they were now halfway through the murdering and also the fact that there were a few names that had made a sudden appearance and one or two that had made a less sudden appearance. Vietnamese Karen had joined Korean Karen in becoming a fucking murderer, Kai had finally stopped letting that little furry bitch get all the kills and decided to snap someone's fucking neck, Salem kept killing people and to top it all off, Molly had stabbed her brother.

Were these people always like this? Sociopaths waiting for the chance to rip their fucking mask off? Waiting, prowling around like wild animals, for the chance to kill their girlfriends? Exes? Even their fucking brothers? Or was this something this fucking island had done to them, ripped all sense of morality away from them and aimed them at the innocent?

Just the thought, just the idea, made Matthew feel so angry. It wasn't anything new, but it was just so... he'd seen Molly. Lucio. Talked to them. Snarked about how naive they were. And now Molly had murdered her fucking brother. The list of people who'd murdered just kept growing and growing and fucking growing and he couldn't help but think they weren't anywhere near being done. What was next? Who was next? Shawn? Marshall? Dani? Would he wake up tomorrow and find that their names were on the announcement too?

Matthew still couldn't hear out of his ear properly. At this point, he didn't think he would again.

So yeah, he was in a pretty fucking bad mood. He had a gun, for fuck's sake! He could do something about this! And yet, and fucking yet, the opportunities never presented themselves to him. Maybe he'd spent too much time around that research base or whatever. The town might have more people, more murderers. At the least he could hole up in a house and get out of this fucking snow and cold. Shoulda brought more than a leather jacket, good as he looked in it.

"Fucking bastards." Matthew murmured to himself, gun out of his waistband and held firmly in his hand.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Aaaand there we go..." Shawn whispered to himself, covering up his latest trap before wiping his brow clean.

((Shawn Bellamy continued from Schmuck Bait))

He stood up and creaked his back, having worked solid since the moment he woke up that morning. How many of these damned things had he made at this point? He'd lost count ages ago, having spent almost 24 hours straight building as many as he could, making his way slowly along the old road leaving the odd pit trap here and there in his wake. Little surprises for anyone who decided to venture off the beaten path, as it were.

That wasn't to say he didn't take plenty of breaks, he was only human after all. And especially with the worsening weather, he ended up spending most of the previous evening held up in another survival shelter, trying to stay warm as best as he could.

That morning however had brought with it two interesting little updates. Przemek had finally passed away, a news drop that particularly surprised him. In his head Shem had died days ago, his condition so bad that he almost couldn't believe that the guy managed to outlast Bethany. Maybe the power of belief had more sway than he gave it credit for.

Perhaps more importantly, as it turned out they were now past the halfway point. Much as he wanted to feel relieved about that fact, the thought of spending another week living like this was disheartening. What the hell was taking his competitors so long to finish each other off? At this rate he was half tempted to put those weapons of his to good use, finally make his move and get this shit over with as quickly as possible.

But, then that'd mean dirtying his hands, and there were still too many of his competitors left to out himself just yet. He just needed to be patient. Bide his time just a little longer, wait for the perfect moment to gain the advantage he needed to win this thing.

Until then, back to work. He needed to make some more stakes, if anything to keep his mind off things. Nice as it was to have some room to think, he couldn't deny that it was easy to get lonely out on that island. He hadn't seen anyone since the infirmary, nobody who was alive anyway. Maybe that was for the best, he didn't exactly have many friends left. Bethany and Corbin were already dead, and Matthew...

...Matthew?

He stopped, looking through the treeline towards the road, his eyes widening as he saw a familiar silhouette making its way along. He recognised that grey leather jacket from anywhere, his heart skipping a beat when he realised who it was. After being stuck on that fucking island for over a week, Shawn thought he'd never see him again.

And best of all, he had a gun. And had proven himself more than happy to make use of it.

"Hey! Hey Matt!" he calls out, trudging through the snow with one of his hands raised, not wanting to be met with a hail of bullets. This was a bit of a gamble, for sure, but he felt reasonably confident that Matt wouldn't shoot one of his only friends left on sight.

"It's me, Shawn!"
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Mônica Oliveira continued from Persist In The Doomed World You Have Created.))

Mônica was currently hiding in the forest just off the old road, where there was more shelter to duck behind. Despite the cold, she’d taken off her bright yellow hat and ruana and tucked them in her bag for now, to make her less glaringly obvious from a distance. Though, against the snow, the black still probably stood out, but maybe in a way that could maybe be dismissed if she stuck near the trees.

Though she was guessing. Not like she stealthed for a living. Her failure with Aracelis had proved that.

She’d recognised Matthew from a distance. Big guy, the leather jacket, he was pretty distinctive. Mônica had followed him down the road a little from the bordering forest, very slowly. She was sure she’d cracked twigs a few times, but miraculously he hadn’t turned his head. Now she pressed herself to a tree, trying to keep out of sight, giving a glance briefly up into the tree branches and wishing she had the courage to climb and brave her fear of heights.

Mônica knew that Matthew had killed twice. She knew as early as… when had it been? Day 2? Day 3? He’d been declaring intent against killers. If he saw her, knowing what she’d done, she could be in big danger, though maybe the trees would protect her long enough to get out of there.

...On the other hand, Mônica needed a gun. Or she needed somebody to stand by her that had one. Maybe it was an idle ‘what would Dani do’ thought that led her to wonder if there was a way to convince Matthew that it hadn’t been her fault. Though she wasn’t sure if she was capable of persuading him Dani-style.

But if he was still in the same headspace as he had been nearly a week ago, and with Lúcio having displayed so clearly the attitude that had made him so vulnerable to the game… Matthew might even accept her reasons without her having to lie. Chancy, but wouldn’t anything be chancy?

But now there was a second voice, coming from the opposite treeline. And it was a lot harder to persuade two people than one.

Mônica suppressed a sigh.

She didn’t know Shawn well. Not on the announcements. Had a reputation back in school for snitching. Mônica had never had a personal problem with him, but she’d also never gone out of her way to really try to talk to him, though she’d be friendly if they’d come into contact in class or wherever.

Too unknown. But he didn’t look like he had a gun. If she kept further away, she probably only had to worry about Matthew.

But this put enough of a wrench into her considerations that she remained mostly concealed off the path, her brain trying to stay in this new gear of only playing for herself. She held her breath and listened. Sword held tight to her chest and kept entirely behind the tree.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Like…five minutes. Five minutes where things just go completely right for her, no problems in the slightest. Is that really so much to ask for?!

[[Fade in on Jezzie Stark, standing behind a tree, hidden, pistol in one hand, tracker in the other.]]

First, she nearly puts the worst possible target on her back. Pissing off the most dangerous person on the island by killing her sister. By some miracle Ash hadn’t died yesterday, but the day after getting shot in the torso with little to no medical attention? The girl was dead or dying, and all she could do was hope someone else took her out before it was labeled as her fault.

Second, the night and morning between then and now was spent stressing over that, and how bloodthirsty people were getting. According to the announcements, they were down half the class, and it was brutal. I mean, what the fuck are you supposed to think when one of the Oliveira twins killed the other? Combine that with the spiked hole she nearly fell in and it felt like things were only getting more intense by the day. She’d give Andy her thanks whenever she got out of here, if she hadn’t found him first she wouldn’t have thought to throw stones in front of her to check for traps - stupid looking, but effective.

Third and finally, worst of all, was after the latest near death experience. After the Ash encounter, she figured the tracker was best used for making sure she didn’t go near anyone for a bit, lest she risk pissing off another fucking psycho ready to paint a rock with her brain matter. But seeing a blip not too far away after nearly getting the spiked pit treatment? Half of it was ‘why not’ and other was ‘the immediate revenge if it was the asshole who dug the hole would be so fucking good.’

Yeah, turned out? Calvin was right. Shawn WAS a fucking asshole.

But before she could have the satisfaction that would be pushing the shitbag into one of his own traps, who should the douche-canoe see further down the road? Fucking Matthew, a guy with a gun who, if the shouting was anything to go by, was his best buddy! BECAUSE JUST FUCK HER, AM I RIGHT!?!

She could be overreacting. They might barely even know each other. Shawn might just be reaching for Matthew because it’s all he can hope to touch right now. Maybe all his friends are dead and once Matthew leaves him alone she can do her business and make the fucker impale himself.

It wasn’t much hope. But it was enough to keep Jezzie rooted in place, staring at whatever scene that played before her. Focused on it.

So focused, in fact, the fourth blip had gone entirely unnoticed by her.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Normally if someone came running outta the woods towards Matthew yelling his name, especially in a place like this where you had shit sightlines and anyone could have a grenade launcher or some shit, he woulda raised the gun and put a bullet in them. Because, yeah, by putting himself against Katelyn and her little fanclub he'd pissed them off. Probably Ash as well, if she had made contact with her bitch of a sister. (Being real, both of them could accurately be described as bitches.) And, uh, he didn't think Jack had many allies here but who knows, maybe he had a buddy here too.

His arm jerked for a second, starting to point the gun at the guy running at him. But no, Matthew would recognise that voice anywhere. And the big yellow jacket that made him look like a fucking banana, or maybe a Minion if he was feeling less charitable. It was finally fucking Shawn! Wooo!

"SHAWN!" Matthew bellowed back, taking a second to flick the pistol's safety on before running towards him too, only stopping to make sure that they wouldn't run into each other. Once they were close enough, Matthew was visibily beaming. Oh, this had just made his fucking day a hell of a lot better, even ignoring all the guys who were dead. Because now he had a buddy again, someone to watch his ass and... well, not abandon him like he did with Corbin. Fucking Daenerys.

"Bro, bro..." Matthew panted a little with the exertion, taking a little breather before speaking again. "Bro, shit, bro, how the fuck have you been? How are you doing? Oh shit, it's finally good to make... to see someone who isn't a fucking psycho murderer." Tilting his head a little to make sure he could hear Shawn's answer, Matthew scanned the perimeter. Didn't see anyone, but shit, he could die a happy man now. Salem had started murdering people, Corbin was dead and it was sorta Matthew's own fault and uh, Jack was dead and that was definitely Matthew's fault.

Shawn? Shawn was alive and he hadn't killed anyone. That was a pretty big fucking win for today. Katelyn had Kai and he had Shawn.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Holy shit, I thought I'd never see you again!" Shawn replied, with what was probably the most genuine smile on his face he'd had in days.

Shawn faltered ever so briefly when that gun got pointed his way, even after doing his best to not spook Matthew too much. It crossed his mind that he was perhaps getting a little carried away, too swept up in the moment to approach things with the same level of caution that he usually did. It was hard not to get excited about reuniting with a friend he hadn't seen in over a week, especially after going through 24 hours of pure solitude. But after the week he's had, he allowed himself a brief moment of escapism, to forget for just a second about the situation they were all in.

He picked up the pace as he trudged through the snow, stopping just where the forest met the road as he raised his hand for... A manly handshake? A hug? Some appropriately macho halfway point? Whatever was the most appropriate greeting at a time like this, Matthew was always better at that sort of thing anyway.

"You and me both" he continued, wiping his brow and getting his bearings. "Hoo boy, do I have stories to tell... But, all things considered, could be worse" he adds, Bethany's face briefly flashing before him in his mind's eye.

"Yourself?"

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Carlisle

Post by Carlisle »

[S119 - Julia Guercio - continued from Wreaking Haddock]

Leaving the mine, Julia’s entire thought process was to get back to Joshua, to the agreed meeting place. The blustering cold was only getting worse and worse and the crunching of her sneakers in the snow got louder with each step. Visibility had reduced more than ever before, conditions taking a turn for the worst as she shivered from the cold. Her coat had kept her warm for the past week without much trouble but the blizzard drawing over the island was hitting like a slap to the face.

The journey felt longer than the track she had followed earlier in the morning, although with the snowfall covering the path, she was reliant on her instincts and map to try to navigate back to the residential area. Despite this, it was exhausting. Between the little sleep she had over the past two nights, the treacherous conditions were taking their toll on her mental and physical state. Footprints in the snow quickly faded behind her, disappearing to the sleet haze that engulfed the forest.

Panic started to set in as Julia realised that she was completely off track. What looked like the church appeared in the distance but even then it was blurred by the icy shadows. Her vision distorted, her sense of direction suffering and her growing fears that she would not find her way back to Joshua.

She refused to let that be the last time she see him. Every time she thought of giving up, that last memory of the golden haired boy warmed her heart and gave her purpose to find their plotted sanctuary.

Before long, she ended up on what she guessed was the old road once again. Memories of Ashlee’s fate a stark reminder of the dangers that lay ahead. The thought of Ashlee being discarded on the side of the road, probably completely submerged by the avalanche that had fallen over the last few nights sickened her, a cruel neglect of the kind girl that had been killed. The encroaching storm represented even nature’s disgust at what they were experiencing, teasing them all with the prospect of the forbidden ski trip.

Visibility being so poor, she had no time to prepare at all as danger found her once more. Two boys embracing further up the road. By the time she saw them it was too late, she was already trapped by their eyes. A quick dash, like a fox bounding through the snow, to try to hide behind a tree was all she could muster.

Yet even that was futile.

“Don’t shoot!” Julia bellowed, eyeing up the silhouette in one of their hands, “I’m not a threat!”

Exposed and afraid, she shouted all she could to defuse any possible assault.

Whether they listened or not was up to them.
V8 Character:
Julia Guercio - Currently in If Walls Could Talk
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Oh, would you look at that, she was right about things being shitty for her, must be a day that ends in y.

With a reaction like that, Shawn and this Matthew guy may as well be boyfriends or something, she didn't fucking know. But what she did know was that the guy with the gun was probably going to be protective of the guy without a gun, and she left one girl alive to avoid pissing off her serial killer sister, she's not pissing off a person she actually knows could shoot her.

Did that mean she wasted some time by following Shawn and stalking him like a creepy fan girl? Probably, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened - R I P plan to shoot someone while in the closet, she tried. All she could do was accept it and mo

Who the FUCK was that

Eyes immediately darted in the direction the voice came from. The person it came from wasn't immediately visible, but she knew they were there somewhere.

This wasn't supposed to happen. She had a God Damn tracker! No one should be able to sneak up on her! Yeah, maybe she hadn't looked at it for a few minutes, but still! That shouldn't be enough time for other person to waltz in without her knowing, at least not without them appearing from the ether or some shit.

May as well look at the damn thing, see exactly where the person is, and hope they would just take a hint and fuck o

"What the fu-"

It didn't matter that Jezzie censored herself, clamping her jaw shut before the curse came out in full.

That wasn't horribly loud, but it was still too loud.

She already knew that all fucking five people in the area heard it.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Friends. Okay. Mônica wouldn’t be getting in between those two. But maybe… maybe if she just listened, got an idea of how they were--

Oh. Wait.

Now there was a second voice, shouting out to not be shot. Mônica slightly leaned towards the sound to peek around the tree, then immediately ducked back again with her eyes shut. Julia Guercio. One of the few on today’s announcement that might have been more notable than her, not for the magnitude of her crime but because she was rewarded for it.

Okay. Okayokayokay. Maybe jumping out now was a bad idea. Now that a killer had walked out in the honest way, now Mônica looked EXTRA sneaky--

Swearing came from the opposite treeline.

The quietest hiss of breath, that if she’d been louder might have been distinguished as a ‘whyyyy.’

She didn’t believe God had a really active hand in what was happening – free will and all that – but right now? Going from an almost peaceful week with Lucio to running into this many chancy people at once?

This did feel a little like divine punishment was incoming.

But maybe it’d be fine? Maybe they’d get too caught up in killing each other to notice her? They hadn’t noticed her yet, right? Right?

Mônica remained frozen where she was, her mouth tightly shut after that one whisper had escaped.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
[+] V9

Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Matthew met Shawn by meeting his hand with an audible slapping sound, clenching it for a second before letting go. God fucking damn, it felt good to do that again, or at least make contact with someone in a way that wasn't beating the shit out of them like he'd done with Ren. Honestly? He'd really been fucking needing this, some kinda win. And yeah, wasn't as much of a win as killing Katelyn or Salem would be, but Matthew was gonna take whatever he could get given the stress he'd been feeling with all these killers. Julia, and Katelyn, and Molly — seriously, who the fuck murders their brother just like that? Psycho bitch.

"Hey, bro, you probably didn't get hit by a fucking 'nade launcher. Katelyn's got one, and she kinda fucked my ear up with it, I think I'm gonna have mawp mawp shit going on in my ear like that one show. So like, no offense but I think I got it worse than you. Had to pick shrapnel outta my arms and leg and all fucking over." Matthew let out a rare and honest laugh. Shawn didn't have as many wounds or scars or whatever as he did, seeing how he'd kept himself out of trouble.

He would have spoke a little more, recounted how he took down Jack and Ren, but a certain screaming someone got his attention rather quickly. One who Matthew knew from the announcements that had taken place a couple hours ago: Julia. She had a pretty fucking big gun, some sorta modern rifle. Couldn't make out what exactly from this distance, but...

"Shawn, get behind me." Matthew whispered urgently, flipping off the safety and taking aim at Julia.

"KEEP THE FUCKING RIFLE DOWN OR I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Given the distance, Matthew screamed a little. Strange how she didn't just gun both of them down, but eh, he'd take not dying over dying any day. Honestly, he didn't really have a plan for... what to do next, but, uh, he'd figure it out. Maybe he'd get to wipe another player off the board and walk away with something that had a bit more stopping power. All depended on her, but Matthew didn't wanna get into a gunfight with Shawn right next to him.
[+] V8

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

A little down the road, a figure existed, not particularly doing anything or being anywhere. It was deep in thought about what constitutes as human rights when she became a new blip on the radar.

And then that blip moved closer. And closer. And closer.

Then, a little less steadily, and with the crunch of footsteps in the snow, it was gone again. Probably.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Oh shit, for real?" Shawn replied, glancing over Matthew's body for signs of shrapnel damage. 

He thought back to the explosive aftermath he came across the other day, wondering whether or not that was the site of Matt and Katelyn's encounter. Did that mean one of them was responsible for the body buried at that campsite? Tempting as it was to ask, for now he opted to avoid pressing the subject.

"Fuck, man, I mean at least-" he continued, before an unexpected third party made themselves known. One with an even bigger gun, shattering any hope Shawn had of enjoying a moment of normality on this god-fucking island.

Shawn didn't hesitate to put Matthew between himself and that gun, clinging tightly onto his pickaxe as he glanced over his friend's shoulder. It was difficult to tell with all the snow falling, but that was... Julia, right? The same Julia who recently offed...

Oh.

Well then.

"Careful, she's a killer!" he stated in a goading manner. Which wasn't to say he was suggesting that Matthew shoot her on sight, but he figured his friend could do with a friendly reminder about who he was dealing with.

As Matt proceeded to start shouting, and Shawn's eyes started drifting to figure out the best direction to make a break for it if need be, he found himself freezing on the spot as another voice caught his attention. One that Matt didn't seem to pick up on, likely because of that busted ear of his, Shawn glancing to his left and right to try and figure out the location of this unknown entity. Or entities, even...

Shit. SHIT! He did not fucking like getting caught out like this. He lowers his guard and allows himself a moment of relief for one fucking second, and this island chose now of all times to throw a curveball at him. Damn this fucking game and everyone in it.

He turned to stand back-to-back with Matthew, sweat dripping from his brow and legs shaking as he clung tightly to that pickaxe. At least he wasn't in this predicament alone, even if not knowing where his competitors were hiding meant he didn't know which direction he ought to flee in.

"Fuck! I don't mean to alarm you man, but I don't think she came here alone..."
he whispers, gulping nervously as his eyes scan the woods for any signs of life.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Carlisle

Post by Carlisle »

Immediately after calling out to the boys she realised the fatal mistake she had made on her first roll of the dice. She said she wasn’t a threat, which is exactly what an enormous threat would say. Hell - let’s say Jezzie or Kitty were here right now - red flags would be flying yet she felt pretty confident that similar words to hers would leave their murderous mouths. "No don't worry guys, I'm here to be your friends," seconds before slashing their throats.

Julia wasn’t sure what surprised her more - the fact the two boys actually recognised her or the fear mixed in with the bravado in their voices as they gazed upon her. Nobody had ever considered her threatening before, not meek and quiet Julia. Admittedly, she couldn’t deny what came up on the announcement earlier that day likely left a bitter taste in many a mouth, and she also couldn’t pretend as if she wasn’t gripping tightly to the impressive Death Star of all guns. But still... she wasn't scary! Maybe what was most surprising in this moment was that he didn’t choose to gun her down on the spot. Maybe it would've been better for them all if he had.

The two friends she had disturbed were Matthew Bell & Shawn Bellamy. She didn't remember them being that close at school, but she also didn't pay too much attention to either so maybe it was just an oversight on her side. Matthew was your typical football-loving jock. She'd only encountered him once or twice earlier in their high school career, most contact centered around him being mean to her. More recently he and his awful jock friends had left her alone, probably helped by how much time she spent with her older sister and her friends or in the swimming pool. She was pretty sure he was a wannabe military boy, probably nothing more than a Call of Duty obsessed teenage boy who thought serving his country would make people forget that he probably just wasn't a very nice person. Something about striving for honour, perhaps? Shawn on the other hand wasn't somebody she knew too well. More somebody you know of because he speaks up in class, not because he was particularly good or bad to any extreme. Aside from maybe being a bit annoying she never saw him as somebody malicious. She was more shocked he even knew who she was as she struggled to remember a time they had ever spoken.

Knowing what she knew about Matthew it wasn't a surprise that he immediately loaded up the gun in her direction like a soldier on the front line. Given his militaristic dreams, wielding a firearm probably came naturally to him. Not exactly what you want from a random encounter. Julia met his demands submissively, she wasn't holding the gun up anyway but she visibly lowered her gun and considered dropping it completely. It was a risk, but also a show of solidarity that she meant what she said - she wasn't here to cause any harm. She just wanted to get back to Joshua.

As she went to drop her gun, she caught the sound of Shawn declaring that she was a killer. It was inevitable so maybe she shouldn't have been, but she was unprepared for how much that accusation stung.

A killer?

Technically he was right, but the context was important and she needed to get that out before they jumped to conclusions. Hell, maybe it was too late for that already. The frightened urgency was to stop them acting on their conclusions and doing something villainous instinctively. The thought of her being called a killer made her blood curdle, her toes curl upwards in horror. Maybe it was denial, but she felt guilty enough herself without needing other people to be judging her like that. She wasn't ready for any home truths.

She was already judged enough by the invisible gods in the church, nobody else knew what happened. Nobody else saw the condition he was in or that she really did try to do her best to help him.

“What?” … “I-“ … “No-“

Her words fell out jumbled, her panicked mind incapable of drafting full sentences.

“I didn’t- I mean... I didn't mean to-“ she cried hopelessly.

“H-he… h-he was in such a bad way.”

It probably wasn’t very convincing, nothing really made sense and there was no justification for her actions. She did kill him. She is the reason Przemek died. Whilst the bludgeoning was the eventual outcome, it was over for him hours before. It was her fault for bringing him in to the lion’s den. That decision would haunt her until her dying breath, even if she survived and somehow got home she knew that she would carry that burden heavier than anything else from this nightmare for the rest of her life. His blood was on her hands, seeped in to every ridge in her palms, and retribution for her sins was that every other classmate that laid eyes on her would no longer see her for who she really was.

Julia Guercio, the girl who kept to herself and spent her days swimming to shut everybody, and everything else, out.

Her identity had been lost, succumbed to the wounds of her victim. A hollow shell of the innocence that was lost.

“He was dying! I did all I could to h-help-, h-he was-“

Her trembling words stunk of desperation. A distressed plea for them to listen to her. All she wanted was for them to hear her out and not treat her like enemy number one.

Suddenly the wind carried a voice to them, cutting her off and disrupting whatever this was. Whoever it was had been betrayed by the chilling breeze, their whereabouts revealed to them all. Meanwhile the sound of rustling caught her attention on the other side of the path, was it an ambush? There appeared to be somebody lurking in the overgrowth on each side closer to where the boys were stood. Meanwhile another anonymous configuration appeared behind the two boys.

The two were cornered on each side, exposed to whatever was about to happen.
V8 Character:
Julia Guercio - Currently in If Walls Could Talk
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

WELL FUCK HER WITH A RUSTY PICKAXE, LOOKS LIKE IT'S A GOD DAMN PARTY OR SOME SHIT!

Seriously, where the hell are all of these people coming from!? And why the fuck are they all coming here?!? Did she piss off whatever asshole deity that may really exist, or did everyone just want to be near this stretch of the round for the next hour or so!?!? Seriously, she half expected Kitty hauling around a half conscious Ash around and screaming about wanting her head on a pike!

God, she just wanted to run. Sprint and not look back. But the last time she did that when faced with a person with a gun - someone more that willing to use said gun - she nearly got shot, saved by a lucky trip. She wasn't risking it a second time.

Everyone knew she was here, but maybe not where she was specifically yet? Should she just sit and wait or take initiative and attack?

A glance in the direction of defensive blip finally gave a face. No name in her memory. Fuck, that was a big gun.

A look to Matthew, gun pointed at huge gun girl. Focus on her while Shawn was against his back, like that would help him.

Unknown blips two and three? Still couldn't see them immediately. Could be armed with toothpicks and shaving cream for all she knew.

Defend one killer, or stand by while another guns her down, maybe getting an even bigger and more damaging gun? What lovely decisions she's forced to deal with.

...you know what?

Fuck it, she's made enemies by this point. Lots of them. Maybe this girl will actually be grateful enough to be a friend.

The tracker was shoved into a jacket pocket and the other hand clasped around the gun with the first.

Jezzie stepped out of hiding, aim trained on the boy with the gun.

"Shoot and you and your boyfriend are both getting a bullet, Matt!"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

God, WHY? Of course it was Jezzie! How many times had she killed? Four? Outside of Kitty, she was one of the most dangerous people around in terms of sheer numbers.

Mônica pressed the back of her head to the tree bark, still holding her breath as she tried to struggle through her thoughts while panic seeped up and made her ears feel like they were burning.

If she emerged with no plan and they all saw her, they’d be united in knowing that, crimes though they’d done, at least they hadn’t killed their twin. Should she run? No, she couldn’t outrun three guns.

She caught the faintest glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye, further down the road. Just for a moment. Another figure. Maybe involved, maybe not.

Time for Plan A under way, WAY worse conditions.

She did the stupidest thing she could think of, which still seemed the only reasonable choice. She raised her voice and yelled as loud as she could.

“Matthew! They’ve got a third one coming down the road!”

She didn’t emerge from the tree, but she pointed her zweihander out from her shelter towards the figure in the distance. Matthew would probably recognise the sword, and that was risky… but at the same time, he’d have to turn his gun away from both Julia and Jezzie to respond to her.

She already regretted it before the words had finished leaving her mouth.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Return to “The Old Road”