[post-ironic name for a relationship thread]

[satirical comment about how my children are unlikable and do not deserve companionship]

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Frozen Smoke

[post-ironic name for a relationship thread]

Post by Frozen Smoke »

So, you may have seen my other thread - Which covers the character I'm going to be doing by far the most pregame work with, as quite honestly I don't have the time to run 4 characters simultaneously this version. But - I am still going to participate in a few threads here and there, and relationships are crucial hooks for building fun thread scenarios, and building up the stakes when you get into the game. After all, it's hard not to want to do right by a character and write them off with a half-assed post if you've already put 5k words of character establishment into them.

So, here's the sweet and short of my other three children, whomst I'll be much more amenable to making plans with and generally finding ways to create fun writing stuff happen;
[+] Erin Reine
Aesthetic: Goth-via-apathy. A lot of black hoodies, game/band shirts and ripped jeans, but not constructed into any meaningful outfits, but at least clean and functional.
Personality: Introverted, with a tendency towards being quiet and staying out of the way of attention. Struggles to handle her emotions when pressed, even when stakes are relatively low (e.g. rages a lot in video games). Lashes out in subtle ways to deal with lingering frustration, but tends not to directly confront others.
Potential Hooks: Video Games (DOTA 2/TF2), Shoplifting (if your kid works at a bodega/walmart, you can maybe catch her shoplifting), Emotional conflict (lashing out/being beaten down), Small friendship group
[+] Caleb Young
Aesthetic: Effort in all the wrong places. Long, scraggly ponytail, and patchily grown facial hair. Clothes seem to be ill-fitting, either a size too big or size too small, and not really of any consistent style. This is added to by his tendency to dress in bold colours, typically primary or secondary ones.
Personality: Withdrawn, shows an obvious lack of interest when discussing things that don't relate to him or his own hobbies, but actively tries to avoid social interaction. Gives off an air of doing as little as he can get away with at school, often being reprimanded for using his phone in class, or falling asleep. When forced into making small talk by circumstance, is polite if concise.
Potential Hooks: Cheating At School (Is your kid good at a subject? Caleb will help sell that fact by trying his best to get your kid to cheat for him, even if he cannot corrupt your goody two shoes), Anything else you think of tbh
[+] Maeve Nosurnameyet
Aesthetic: Modest-Preppy. Blouses and jeans that look nice without looking expensive. Practical, black book bag without an obvious logo. Wide rimmed, round glasses, and natural but often-cut hair. Could fit into the backdrop of a High School TV Show as an extra without any alterations.
Personality: Bubbly, intelligent girl.
Potential Hooks: TBA
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Maeve might be friends with Isaiah (smart, talkative nerds, I think?)

Betty also *knows* how to shoplift, she just hasn't done it in a while- I don't know if she's willing to talk about it to erin directly, but she's probably taken a slight interest in the past, maybe asked, like, "hey how did you pull that off" but now she's a more responsible kid and cut her ties... idk

Caleb: Isaiah is a Good Student but he's also like... vaguely moralizing. If approached while he's with someone else, he's, like, gonna give a lecture on academic dishonesty but if there's no chance of getting caught or observed, he's probably going to email him a copy of his notes and physics homework or something.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Alyssaromantic

Post by Alyssaromantic »

Teddy would definitely try to get on Maeve's good side. (Both of them are bubbly as all hell).
Caleb might have tried to cheat off of Teddy once, which if so, probably backfired dramatically because she would start trying to tutor him.
"Sometimes life's a bitch and then you keep living." -Diane Nguyen, Bojack Horseman

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”