Ocean Man

Day 1, Afternoon

The rocky beach is formed from blocks of igneous rock of varying sizes and shapes. There is a distinct lack of sand along the shore; instead the ground is covered in pebbles and rocks dotted by clumps of seaweed. Some of the larger rock formations hold small tide pools that become distinct whenever the tide goes out. Some of the rocks get extremely slippery when wet, making navigating the beach a difficult task.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Donovan frowned. Bill—the third person was Bill. So much for not having another name on his conscious. In another life, maybe he'd have thought twice about this. But here, it was just another price to pay.

He just wanted to get this over with already. It was like taking bitter medicine. Just swallow it all in one gulp, and it doesn't feel so bad. But still, he hesitated. Soon, he'd do it. He would.

"Just a moment," he thought, with gritted teeth, "that's all I need."
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

RC~

Post by RC~ »

As Spike continued going along to the direction of where presumably the town was, it felt awkward leaving Jacob alone, with no one else, no weapon, just standing alone at the beach.

Now someone like Constance, she was strong and confident. Jacob? He was cowardly-ish, maybe socially anxious or awkward. It felt wrong just leaving him there to die.

Spike turned to Jacob and stopped.

„Hey, if you wanna tag along, feel free to. We're thinking of having lunch once we're inside."
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
V1: 100%
V2: 100%
V3: Der Metzgermeister
V4: 2%?
V5: 70%?
V6: 90%?
V7: The Sky is Falling
V8: 0%
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Jacob watched dumbfounded as the two turned to leave. That was it? No questions? They were just going to take some guy's words at face value and go tramping off in who knows what direction? Like, it wasn't that Jacob was surprised that they believed him (okay, maybe a little), but you'd think that for a couple dudes trapped on KillMurder Island™, they'd be a bit more wary of their fellow students. This was still early on, yeah, but for all they knew he was trying to lure them into a trap to steal their stuff or something.

To say that this day had been weird would be a massive understatement, but even ignoring the whole kidnapping thing, it seemed like circumstances were conspiring to foil any attempt he made to have even the slightest bit of enjoyment amongst the rampant human misery. First, there was the girl who gave him no room to mess with her at all, and now these guys just did the opposite, taking his word at face value without any argument. Sure, it was probably his fault for not opening with something else, but it wasn't like he planned this out or anything. Now what was he going to do?

His internal debate over whether to let them go or call them back was put on hold by Spike throwing out the offer to join them. That wasn't going to happen, obviously, but at least it gave him a bit of an opportunity to take a more direct approach at getting a rise out of them. He'd be playing a little dangerously here, given how much bigger they were than him, but the sharp piece of metal in his pocket gave him enough confidence to see how far he could take this. He gave a big of a sigh, before looking idly up and to the side, doing his best to keep a somewhat bored expression on his face.

"Eh, I think I'll pass. No offense, but you guys aren't exactly the sharpest pair of crayons in the box, if you know what I mean. I think I'd probably be better off going it alone for now."
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Deceased
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 8
Characters:
Jacob Lang Current Status: Deceased
Billie Sommerfield Current Status: Deceased
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Bill stopped along with Spike, who offered to Jacob that he could leave with them. Instead, he refused and then insinuated that they were stupid?

"What?" He carefully turned towards the boy, hands going into his pockets. He tried to keep a blank expression, but inside there was a pang of anger over the insult. As if the dude standing around the beach on a bunch of rocks was a judge of character.

"What do you mean by that?"
RC~

Post by RC~ »

„Yeah, what the fuck d‘you mean by that?"

Spike stepped closer to Jacob, looking down on him. This guy had the nerves. Not wanting to travel with them? Fine. Implying they were morons?

Spike breathed in and out slowly to calm himself down.

Just let go, and leave him alone. Just move on. Forget him. Drop it. Don‘t punch Jacob. Don‘t punch Jacob.
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Jacob felt an immediate rush of satisfaction as the tension rose. It was kind of lame to have to resort to something so cliche, but at this point he was going to have to take what he could get. The tactic of calling someone stupid was an old, reliable standby, and it didn't hurt that in this case, it was a little true. Trusting people wasn't going to get you far on this island, and when it came to that sort of common sense, they had failed the test. Not that Jacob had intended it to be a test in the first place, really, but as far as he was concerned it was one now. He did his best to hold back a grin as he replied.

"Oh, well, you know. This whole Survival of the Fittest thing isn't exactly a good time to start trusting people, especially when someone just gives you directions about a location he has no more knowledge about than you do. What if I had been leading you into a trap with some goons waiting to jump out and rob you?"

He swallowed hard, watching the pair advance on his position. The two of them could easily snap him like a twig, especially Spike. It was a scary thought, but was definitely more thrilling than picking a fight with someone smaller and weaker. Unable to hold back a grin, he slipped his hand out of his pocket, gripping onto the tool that he had been itching to show off this whole time and pointing it in their direction.

"I wouldn't get any closer though, if I were you. I know the truth hurts and all that, but if you're thinking of taking it out on the messenger, let's just say you're probably going to regret it."
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Characters:
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

They were arguing. On the verge of fighting, probably. That was an opportunity. "Divide and conquer." That was how this sort of thing went, he guessed. The people who played smart, who took their chances, those people won.

"Okay, no more excuses." Donovan thought, "It's go time."

His hand squeezed the pistol's grip, and his fingers pawed at the trigger guard. He took a deep, long breath and then cut it short. He raised himself from the rock. One step, then another, and he raised the gun. He scanned across the three, flagging all of them as he did.

"All of you, listen the fuck up," he shouted, molars grinding, "put your fucking hands—"

A flash of metal glinted in his eyes. Something in Jacob's pocket—what was it? Uncertainty. A pang of fear shot through him like a bullet, tearing his nerves to shreds.

He swallowed.

"—put 'em up!" he called, voice raised, "Any funny business, you die."
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

RC~

Post by RC~ »

Just when he realized what a huge asshole Jacob was and before he could digest it, Donovan had to get out from behind a rock and threaten them with a gun.

He wasn‘t completely sure if Donovan and Jacob had teamed up together, but it sure looked like it. Spike raised his hands on instinct.

„Alright, alright. Hands are up.“

It was so tempting to tell Jacob what a dick he was or straight up punch him but with Jacob having a knife out and Donovan having a gun pointed at them, Spike‘s fear overrid his anger.
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Jacob nearly jumped out of his skin at Donovan's sudden appearance. His whole body contorted with a start, a purely harmless gesture aside from the slight movement of his thumb, reflexively pressing down on the small button located on the handle of his knife. There was the faint noise of a spring uncoiling before his hand was sent backward, slamming back into his face and causing him to yelp in pain. It took a moment for the stars to fade from his vision before he was able to focus again, rubbing his sore nose as he looked to see where his knife had gone.

His eyes soon found the blade's location, and as he did he immediately wished that he hadn't. His vision began to swim yet again as he stared dumbly at the glinting metal before panic began to override all his senses and he turned to run, the presence of the gun in Donovan's hand suddenly brushed from his mind. All he could think about was that even if they weren't going to kill him before, he wouldn't be so lucky once they realized what happened.

Fuck.

((Jacob Lang continued in Cold Blows the Wind))
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Characters:
Characters:
RC~

Post by RC~ »

It looked like Jacob used the knife with the force from Star Wars. What was that about? What? What?

Spike looked at Bill and then down at his chest. What.

There was a knife in his chest and it hurt. Donovan who was in the background became a background noise for Spike as he tried to digest the fact that there was a knife in his chest and it created a mix of a painful and uncomfortable feeling.

Spike looked at Bill with grief and panic.
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"Wh-" The words stuck in his throat as he stared at the knife that poked out of Spike's chest. His eyes were wide as dinner plates; his breathing quickened, and there was a sense of something coming up to the point his right hand shot up to his mouth and covered it.

His eyes turned a bit to see Jacob running off. Jacob, whose knife was embedded in another person, had done this, and now he was running away.

Spike was shot, and Jacob ran.

His eyes turned back to Spike.

"S-spike?" Bill choked out between gasps as the gross sensation stayed.
RC~

Post by RC~ »

„Bill, I-“

It felt really hard to speak. He felt like there was a knife in his chest. Oh wait - there was.

Spike grabbed the handle of the knife with his left hand. This had to get out. It hurt.

He added his right hand on the handle. Spike pulled the knife out of his own chest with both hands with a sudden pull. Much better.

Oh.

Uh, oh.

Blood was squirting out of his chest, in the pulse of his heart beat, right in the direction of Bill‘s face.
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Spike could barely speak, face frozen in shock and pain as one of his hands snaked towards the knife, and Bill's own hand tightened over his mouth as he realized what he was doing. He quickly let go so he could be heard.

"Wait, Spike, Don't-!" He yelled out as Spike's hands found themselves around the knife before yanking it out.

Blood spurted out towards Bill. Some of it towards his face, some on his clothes, and Bill blinked again and again as he realized what had just happened. His right hand hovered near his face to wipe blood from his eyes as he looked down to see how much blood there was.

Bill couldn't hold it in anymore, dropped to his knees- it hurt to do so, but his mind did not register it at the time- and vomited on the rocks.
RC~

Post by RC~ »

Still trying to digest how Jacob managed to stab him so quick that Spike didn‘t see it. Spike couldn‘t explain it. This all didn‘t feel real.

Spike also dropped on his knees.

„Medkit,“ was all he could tell Bill.

Freeing his hand of the knife he just pulled out of his own chest, Spike grabbed a big rock from the ground and pushed it against his leaking wound.

Apply pressure to the wound and wrap bandages around it. That would stop it. First aid.
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Bill heard medkit from Spike; there must have been one in the bag or something.

It almost did not register what was told over Bill's own sounds as his stomach emptied out on these rocks. His hands awkwardly mounted on the ground covered with rocks in ways that made it clear it hurt, but Bill did not think about it.

When all he had left was dry heaving and teary eyes, Bill endeavored to reach over to the bag that had fallen to the ground beside him, wedged between some rocks. Bill attempted to open the bag before almost spilling its contents all over the ground.

"Co-come on, f-fucking, where is it." He whined as he searched through it, and when he managed to find it, Bill almost dropped it to the ground after it got hung on the edge of the bag opening.

He laid it down and threw it open before rummaging through the medkit for what he needed, rubbing his eyes to get a clearer view of what he was doing.

Return to “Rocky Beach (DANGER ZONE)”