V8 Eleventh Rolls

Important announcements concerning the site will be posted here. Not only will the terrorists' official announcements be written here, but information concerning rolls, danger zones, and site issues will be located here as well.
Ruggahissy

V8 Eleventh Rolls

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hello May flowers,

If you have not been rolled, please do not post in the rolls thread except to use cards. Those rolled are free to request heros or death ideas as needed. Keep discussion in chat and other parts of the board respectful (no gloating about not getting rolled, etc.).

The following characters have been rolled:
[+] V8 Eleventh Rolls
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:40 PM
Hello again
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 10:40 PM
Alrighty, traditional test rolls
1d69
rollem
BOT
— Today at 10:40 PM
27 ⟵ [27] 1d69
Gundham — Today at 10:40 PM
Let's go
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 10:40 PM
1d420
rollem
BOT
— Today at 10:40 PM
379 ⟵ [379] 1d420
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:41 PM
looks good
we're out of 74, doing 5
Gundham — Today at 10:41 PM
Roll 1, START!
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 10:41 PM
1d74
rollem
BOT
— Today at 10:41 PM
35 ⟵ [35] 1d74
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:41 PM
35. Jennifer Farrow (PlatFleece)
Gundham — Today at 10:41 PM
Roll 2!
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 10:42 PM
1d74
rollem
BOT
— Today at 10:42 PM
50 ⟵ [50] 1d74
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:42 PM
50. Billie Sommerfield (Skraal)
Gundham — Today at 10:42 PM
Roll 3!
1d74
rollem
BOT
14 ⟵ [14] 1d74
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:42 PM
14. Juanita Reid (Gundham)
Gundham — Today at 10:42 PM
Roll 4!
1d74
rollem
BOT
32 ⟵ [32] 1d74
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:43 PM
32. Kyle “K.” Emerson (MethodicalSlacker)
Gundham — Today at 10:43 PM
Roll 5!
Hello? Is it weed ur lookin 4? — Today at 10:43 PM
1d74
rollem
BOT
— Today at 10:43 PM
33 ⟵ [33] 1d74
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 10:43 PM
33. Humphrey “Prii” Hayward (Namira)
And that's it for this one
1. Jennifer Farrow (PlatFleece) - Maya Press (PlatFleece), Swap Card used
2. Billie Sommerfield (Skraal)
3. Juanita Reid (Gundham) - Andrew Lapson (Dr Adjective), Hero Card used
4. Kyle “K.” Emerson (MethodicalSlacker)
5. Humphrey “Prii” Hayward (Namira)

You have THREE days (72 hours) from this announcement going up to play hero or swap cards to save a rolled character. Characters slotted to die at the end of that 72 hour period have an additional NINE days to die before they and their killer become ineligible for the Best Kill and Best Death Awards for this rolls cycle.

Any characters who have not died by the BKA/BDA deadline of the next rolls cycle will be taken over by SOTF_Help in order to complete their deaths.

Time remaining for cards:

Time remaining for BKA/BDA eligibility:
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Honestly, y'all. I'm struggling for what to say. I'd make another infomercial here, but I blew all my production budget last month.

I know I already got heroed once and it feels selfish to even ask for another one. Because what am I supposed to say? Maybe she won't get rolled a fourth time? Maybe whatever dice deity I pissed off will stop targeting me eventually like it did with Evie McKown? Do it because the dice clearly don't want you to, and fuck them dice, they don't control you?

...Because, yeah, if any of that works, I'll say it. I'll mean it, too. Especially that last one. And hey, Anderson did it, and they're based AF and have no regrets!

Look, I wouldn't ask if I didn't have actual thoughts and plans for Juanita, and concrete things I want to work towards with her that I think would be fun to read. I want to explore the fallout of the Legion imploding. I want to go deeper into her backstory and how it made her into the person she is, and what it means to her to be a competitor and to try and prove to herself that she can do this even though all of the odds are stacked against her. I want to write about her being bullied in the past and her feeling objectified and I want her to have tough conversations with people like Jezzie and Teddie, to realize that for all of her moral posturing she's no better than anybody else, to face up to what she's done and the fact that all of her efforts were for nothing. I want to put her in spots where she has to ask herself if she really was doing all of this to help anybody or if she was just selfish, and how she's gonna live with the consequences of either of those options.

And don't forget that I promised that if she survives this rollset I'll send her to the hot springs for onsen fanservice. Just sayin'.

Anyway. I'm just gonna say that if you've enjoyed reading Juanita thus far, if you've been entertained by the experiment that was the legion, if you want to see where she can go from here and what could happen to her next, or if you've got a character that you think could take an exit here and get a satisfying conclusion out of it, or you're tired of writing and could use a bit more free time in your life, please do consider heroing Juanita here.
V8 Characters:

Juanita Reid
Rebekah Hayes
Karin Han
EXTREME STEVE Dodds
Namira

Post by Namira »

hoi

Please send me some ideas for doing the die.

I wouldn't turn you down if you really wanted to save Prii but yes, give me them pitches.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Hey, I'm really enjoying writing Billie so far and I'd really appreciate a hero if you could throw one my way. That said, I'm also down for death ideas, so if you got any pitches feel free to send those over as well.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Deceased
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 8
Characters:
Jacob Lang Current Status: Deceased
Billie Sommerfield Current Status: Deceased
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I would also like to open the floor (mine specifically [not here {maybe this was a poor choice of metaphor} ] ) for death pitches and ideas for K. Emerson.

I would personally feel much better to see any cards go to literally anybody else but me here so if for some reason you wanted to save K., please don't? Thank you.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Rolled-too-much solidarity.

Spending my Hero card.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To save Juanita Reid, an Andrew Lapson of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth."

(I have an idea in mind for how he’ll go but I welcome pitches anyway if anyone has a cool idea they really wanna offer.)
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
PlatFleece

Post by PlatFleece »

Second post in a death roll I think?

I gotta admit, at first I was a little worried that I wouldn't be going anywhere with Jenny, but after a really good group thread I do think I have a solid arc planned out for her to just eke out a little longer. I would appreciate a Hero if anyone has enjoyed her or would like to see more, as I feel I've finally found a good direction to take her now. Thanks in advance if you do swing a Hero my way! No worries if not.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Little under one day for cards
PlatFleece

Post by PlatFleece »

Using a Swap Card to swap Jennifer Farrow for Maya Press!
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

And that's time for cards. A little more than eights days left to be eligible for BKA/BDA!
V8 Characters:

Juanita Reid
Rebekah Hayes
Karin Han
EXTREME STEVE Dodds
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Bit under 17 hours left.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

8 hours left for deaths to be within BKA/BDA eligibility
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Namira

Post by Namira »

Return to “Announcements”