HBIC

Day 11, late morning (private)

The sheriff's office is a squat, square building with a fairly plain exterior. Upon entering, a reception desk can be found on the right-hand side wall, which then opens into an office space behind it. The interior walls are painted a plain cream and the office features a set of desks with waist-high dividers arranged on one side of the room, along with a noticeboard holding faded team photos. There are CRT computer monitors on the desks but the towers they used to connect to have been removed. A small staff room can be found down a corridor from the office along with a bathroom. If you go left from the reception area, a single holding cell containing a simple cot can be found.
Laurels

HBIC

Post by Laurels »

((Letitia May continued from Strut))

Letitia finished wrapping her hair up in her headwrap. It had been nearly two weeks since she could properly treat her weave, so it was getting pretty disgusting and matted without the proper materials. There was the option to just take the tracks out and let everyone see her Civil Rights hair, but she decided against that since she was sure that she'd look even worse on camera that way. She was barely making by with how her clothing had gotten fairly smelly and dirty from days of being on this shithole island, but she could at least touch up her makeup and style a cute updo with her wrap.

The tenth announcement had played out a while ago. It sounded like they were getting closer to a conclusion due to how few people died yesterday. Darryl was one of the victims, their brief stay in the rec room practically a distant memory at this point. There was some shouting over the announcement's end, so Letitia had to wonder what that was about.

For now, Letitia had merely settled into the Sheriff's Office. The place looked like it had its fair share of madness, especially with the body near the reception desk. Letitia had taken some time to move the girl's corpse into the holding cell. She didn't see any reason to want to go in there. She needed an exit if she had to flee in an instant, so cornering herself was a bad idea.

After finishing her mild self care, Letitia took hold of her rifle and rested it in her lap. She was facing the main door to the office, just waiting to see if anyone would stop by. There were so few people left, but with the number of shelters dwindling, she had to be prepared for whoever would come by.

"You're doing so well," Letitia told herself. "Just a few more hours or days of boredom, and you're home free."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

The hours wiled away, and Letitia remained seated. Every possible sound made her think someone could be coming.

But there wasn't anyone. The corpse in the office seemed livelier than the atmosphere.

Letitia closed her eyes and breathed in and out. She wasn't one to meditate, but this was starting to feel like the time to do so.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Alrighty, this seems as good a spot to stop off at as any other..." spoke a voice from outside, their tone hushed but not quiet enough to go unnoticed.

The voice was quickly followed by a steady pair of footsteps approaching the building, one pair stopping just outside the front door, the handle turning slightly before the voice piped up again.

"Oh hang on, window's open. Gonna take a quick peek" they whispered, slowly making their way over towards the broken window with a series of cautious footsteps, snow crunching underfoot despite their best efforts to tread carefully. 

A few seconds later, a head leant over to peer through the window, quickly scanning the room for...

"Oh shit" gasped-

((Shawn Bellamy continued from SNAFU))
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

((Matthew Bell continued from SNAFU))

"What? What is it?" Matthew urgently asked, worried about what Shawn had just seen. It'd been a while since he'd been here, and the traces he'd left here were still visible; a broken window and a little bulge in the snow, probably that stapler he'd tossed out to shatter it way back when. God, that felt like an eternity ago. So many more people were still alive back then. Had he even killed anyone, or was that after Jack and Ren? It was... kinda jumbled up in his head, and that was a little worrying to him.

Alright, uh, Shawn had the window covered. So Matthew took the door, not bothering with any subtlety, opening it with a hard twist and starting to barge in, gun in hand. If it was something bad, well, he'd take care of it. This all kinda reminded him of the first day, breaching that door to the kitchen to see what was in it and coming face to face with that hostage situation.

Everyone in that room except for him was dead now. Mm. Maybe not a good comparison.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

It turned out that meditating in a death game was impossible, as Letitia was jolted awake by some sounds from outside. She thought she heard talking, which caused her to quickly open her eyes. It was when she realized someone was trying to open the door to the sheriff's office that she bolted out of her seat.

Letitia raised her rifle up towards the door, knocking the chair over. She stepped back, stumbling a bit over the chair.

"Don't come in!" she shouted at the door.

She felt the weight of some extra ammo in her jacket pocket. If someone was going to encroach upon her hideout, she had to be ready in case they turned out to have devilish ideas.

"Hands off the doorknob and fuck off back under the rock from whence you came!" she demanded.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Letitia. Not someone Shawn was intimately familiar with, but she had a gun and that's all that mattered.

God Fucking Damnit. This was only meant to be a quick pitstop, a five minute reprieve to catch their breath before continuing on to the town's coast. Shawn was NOT in the mood to be dealing with this shit right now, especially when they had no idea if the game was still going on or not.

Shawn sweated, heart racing and legs shaking. He pressed his back against the wall, vaguely signalling her location to Matt as he clutched onto his shotgun...

Wait. Yes, that's right. He had a shotgun! They were armed, too! AND they outnumbered her! Who the fuck did she think she was, trying to order them about when they were the ones calling the shots?

A surge of confidence flowed through him, briefly overcoming his natural cowardice as he spun around and aimed his shotgun through the broken window whilst she was focusing on the door.

"Here's a better idea: Drop your shit and go fuck yourself!"

Tempting as it was to just try and gun her down, he wanted to avoid killing her if possible. Didn't want to cause further complications if the cavalry were on the horizon. Still, rescue or not, that rifle was too tempting a prize to pass up on.

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Matthew's hand stopped halfway through opening the door. Uh, fuck, who was this now... Letitia? Le Tits, as Matthew had once flatteringly called her to Shawn in the lifetime that came before the bus ride. Not in earshot of her, obviously, but he didn't think it'd get him any favours if he was a dick now. Anyway, right. From what he'd seen as he opened the door, she had a gun, a kill to her name, and a bad attitude as per usual.

Right. Goddamn it, he just wanted to take a second to sit down and breathe, change the cotton ball in his nose and maybe the bandage. He hadn't expected to be greeted by a fucking killer, but... that rifle did look mighty tempting. No scope, but he'd be able to reach out and hit people from a longer range. A dedicated sniper rifle it ain't, but in a pinch it'd do. Question now was, how did they get it. Matthew didn't want to get into yet another fight, given the last one had given him a new hole in his nose to gently flap as he breathed, but... well, maybe Shawn trying to mug her would work.

Moving away from the door, he opted to keep his involvement quiet now, nodding at Shawn and mouthing "I'm gonna stay quiet, just in case she doesn't know I'm here" at him slowly. His gun, on the other hand, was brought up towards the door, in case she tried to bolt.

Walls were too thick to wallbang her with a shotgun or a 9mm. If he had to storm the castle, he would, but Matthew figured it'd be a good avenue to get himself shot.

Although.

Hmm.
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Letitia moved slightly back from the door after making her threat to whoever was behind it. Before she could find out who it was or what their plan was, there was a loud shout from her side.

"Here's a better idea: Drop your shit and go fuck yourself!"

On instinct, Letitia whipped the rifle towards the window and fired.

She didn't even see if she hit whoever it was. She was already running back towards the office area of the building.

"Fuck! Fuck!" she shouted as she hurried behind one of the divider walls of the desks. She got low, trying to see if the intruders were coming in.

She quickly pulled the hammer of her rifle to get another bullet in as quickly as possible. She was clearly facing more than one person now, and they clearly had just as much good firepower as she did and the ability to rob her of her supplies as well.

"Fuck!" she muttered to herself, suddenly realizing her bag had been left at the front of the office.

The intruders could easily steal all the stuff she worked hard to acquire over the course of the game, and at this late stage of the game, they were probably planning to kill her as well. Letitia was aware enough to admit there was probably some karma involved, but she wasn't prepared to die for it.

Only the toughest people from Salem had to be left at this point, so she just had to prove she was tougher than them.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"SSh-SHIT!" cried Shawn, barely ducking out the way before Letitia responded to his threat with a gunshot.

Well, that fucking settles it. She wasn't walking away from here alive. At least now they can argue she shot at them first, claim it was done in self-defence.

"You WRETCHED-" Shawn spat, before springing up to return fire, stumbling backwards as the shotgun's recoil took him off guard again. An old billboard - hung up on the wall undisturbed for god knows how many years - was blasted into pieces by a spray of buckshot. 

It wasn't long before Shawn blindly fired off another shot as Letitia fled into the office, shredding a chunk of doorframe into splinters. Another miss, but as long as it kept her from firing back then it didn't matter if he hit her or not.

Besides, the killshots are what Matt was there for.

"Don't just fucking STAND there!" he barked, firing off another shot through the window, punching a hole in the wall divider Letitia was using as cover. "WASTE THE BITCH!"

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Oh, for fuck's sake. One day without a gunfight or being blown to shit, just one! Fuck. At least the army wasn't gonna get mad at them for killing Letitia, this one was self defence. Nodding at Shawn's request, Matthew crudely gestured to go around the back of the building, mouthing it at him too. Shit, he should really teach some basic hand commands to him, would make shit a lot easier. Like, uh, how the SWAT and all would use hand commands to avoid letting criminals know what they're saying.

Alright, fuck it. Into the frying pan he goes.

Charging through the door with his shoulder, sending it flying open to bang against the wall, he dove for the reception desk, taking cover behind it and poking the gun out to fire a few shots blindly at the office section. Matthew hadn't seen where she went, so now... really, now he was just playing suppressive fire until Shawn came in through the back and took her out. Unless he got a lucky hit.

Glancing around, as if Katelyn might have stopped by and accidentally dropped her grenade launcher somewhere, his eyes fell upon a body in the cell. Didn't look like they'd been there originally, given the blood stain next to him, but... hm. Looked a little bit like Bethany.

Well, Shawn wasn't gonna be happy about that.
[+] V8

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Letitia managed to load the rifle, but before she could do anything else, a hole instantly appeared in the wall divider near her. She recoiled as she saw the holes created from the buckshot.

Letitia quickly crawled a bit away from the desk she was hiding in. More sounds told her how boned she was in this moment. It sounded like whoever was at the door had burst in and sent more shots in.

"Dammit," she muttered to herself, her heart rate increasing.

Letitia looked over and realized she was near the back exit of the office.

"Shit. Time to go." she muttered to herself.

Letitia pushed herself off the ground, trying to keep low while keeping her rifle up a bit. She hurried towards the door. Her bag was lost at this point. She just had to get far away from these dicks and find a way to get more supplies.

Fortunately, she had conserved a lot of energy over the last eleven days, so she was sure she could make the sprint.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Wh-uh? Aah..." Shawn mouthed silently, nodding his head and flicking Matt a thumbs up once he cottoned on to what he was suggesting.

Right, of course. A flanking maneuver. A pincer movement, if you will. The bishop was in place, and it was now up to the queen to move in and seal the deal for a quick checkmate. Simple, right?

Granted, Shawn preferred the idea of being the bishop in this scenario, but now wasn't the time to start complaining.

He shifted himself out of cover, keeping his head down as he scrambled around the corner, rushing towards the fire exit with a sense of urgency. There he stopped himself by the door, quickly swinging his weapon's cylinder open before before fumbling for the shells in his pocket. Had to make sure he was fully loaded before storming in, right? Definitely wasn't stalling for time or anything, god no. His hands were trembling because of the adrenaline coursing through his body, not because he was scared out of his fucking mind.

His shotgun reloaded, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Just open the door and cap her, simple as that. His hands were already dirty, no use in pretending otherwise at this point.

"Okay..." he gasped under his breath, grinding his teeth and readying his shotgun. 3... 2... 1!

He swung the door open just in time for Letitia to barrel right into him.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Letitia hurried over to the fire exit. She couldn't see whoever burst in through the front, so perhaps he was hiding or he couldn't see where she was. That was fine for her. She was about to reach the door and bolt out of this place.

She moved her hands so she had one finger on the trigger and another up the barrel of the rifle. She had to be ready for anything.

Unfortunately, she wasn't ready for the fire exit to open right when she arrived. She had forgotten the person at the window, having assumed he would have followed door guy in. Letitia collided with the guy, the reaction causing her to pull the trigger and fire off.

"Get back!" she shouted.

The rifle was out of ammo, and this guy with a big bad shotgun had gotten in her way. She quickly pivoted her hands and began swinging the rifle at him. It was heavy enough that she had to do some damage to him. At the very least, she needed to get the gun out of his hands.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Shawn just barely stood his ground as Letitia crashed into him, letting out a yelp of fright as her rifle went off a little too close for comfort.

"GAah! Screw you, you f-AAAarck!" he cries out as the butt of Letitia's rifle struck him right between his neck and shoulder, instinctively raising his shotgun in a feeble attempt to parry her blows. In doing so he exposed his hands to her second strike, the shotgun getting knocked out of his grasp as she struck his fingers.

His initial shock quickly wore off, a surge of anger propelling him to launch forward, throwing all his weight into shoving Letitia up against the nearest wall. One hand gripping her arm, trying to stop her from hitting him again. The other clawed at her head, his thumb seeking out an eye socket to jam into as the rest of his fingers gripped and tore at her hair.

"Y-You FFFffucking!" he spat petulantly, scowling as his eyes bore into Letitia's.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Letitia had managed to successfully disarmed the boy, having hit him enough that the shotgun was out of his hands. The next best thing for her to do would be to either get the gun and turn it on him, bash his head in with her rifle, or just get out and leave them to be someone else's problem.

Before she could commit to a strategy in the midst of her rage filled attack, the boy got some sort of energy to get up and push Letitia against a wall. He had managed to get a hand to stop her from hitting him again, but she still had the rifle up to try and push him back.

"Let me-AAAAGH!"

Letitia screamed as soon as the boy grabbed her head. He was pulling at her headwrap, causing it to unravel. But as he pulled, it wasn't the only thing he was taking with him. He had managed to get part of her hair in his strong grip, and he was pulling it up. As he did, she felt her scalp start to burn and tear. He was pulling the track out, causing some blood to begin to trickle down the side of her head as she felt it come loose from her scalp. Now she was running on pure rage.

"LET GO!" she screamed, smashing her forehead forward, trying to collide it with his.

And just for good measure, she swung her foot up to make a connection between her shoe and his genitals.

Return to “The Sheriff's Office”