V9 Concept Questions Thread

Never too early for one

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Don: I was playing Mario 64 once and Mario started jumping all weird. It looked like he was bending backwards like that girl from The Exorcist.

Simon: I was out walking at night, and when I got home, I thought I heard someone close by whistling at me. When I turned around, no one was there. Spooky.

Flick: I was out shopping with my mom when I saw this guy covered in gold paint standing still. When we got closer to him, he moved like a robot! I was so surprised, oh my God!

Taylor: My dad brought me to a barbecue restaurant that had a bunch of taxidermy heads of deer. Felt like I was being watched as I ate.

Wally: My brother brought home a rock that turned out to be a geode. Pretty cool honestly.

Question: What do you think your spirit animal would be?
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Heather: Sounds like appropriation... but if I had a Fylgja, it'd probably be a bear.

Mercy: It has to be an animal? Well scratch Sadako and Kayako then... screw it, peacock. I'm faboulous.

Hope: Um... maybe a stag. I think that works.

L.K.: Cat! In a catgirl way? Maybe. 😉

Question: What do your characters think of your other characters?
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
BlightLupus

Post by BlightLupus »

Marie: "Jason acts like an idiot, but he seems useful for getting people on my side. I tried approaching Olivier before, someone who is as cautious and skilled as him could prove useful, but he stonewalls me every chance he gets. What a waste. Lucy's skill at fencing seems well-honed, but it isn't very useful to me. I doubt that we will cross paths."

Jason: "Marie is boring. She has enough money to do whatever she wants and she spends it on bettering herself? Lame. Lucy and Olivier are fun to watch when they practice fencing and archery respectively, but not quite as entertaining as they can be. Plus, neither of them seem to like talking to me much.

Lucy: "Marie seems nice...I-I think. Jason is a little scary to be around...it always feels like he's ready to endanger everyone for fun. Olivier is scary to be around too...in a very different way. I have no clue what he's thinking all the time..."

Olivier: "Marie is a bit annoying. I'd rather she stop trying to recruit me into whatever plan she has. Jason is even more annoying. At least Marie has some kind of clear intention when talking at me. Jason doesn't seem to have any reason to annoy me at all."
"...Lucy? Who's that?"

Question: What do you believe in the most?
My kids:
[+] Marie Tudor
"There is always someone better than me, is it? Well, that just means I'm not trying hard enough."

A natural leader whose pride and greed is only matched by her diligence.
[+] Jason Chase
"It's showtime!"

A showman and a jokester, constantly on the lookout for the most entertaining thing possible.
[+] Lucy Wu
"Just keep pushing forward, Lucy...It's fine. You can do this."

A shy and timid fencer with determination as strong as steel.
[+] Olivier Hawk
"Aim before you release. Think before you act."

A cold and distant archer with sharp wits and an even sharper tongue.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Lily: Violence and hurt. When nothing makes sense they are the simplest things.

Taylor:Bonds! No wait, Entertainment! No, the real answer is putting on a good show. No matter what, when you preform you don't stop till the curtain call and you hear the cheers of the crowd.

Raymond: Music, No matter what music can save you.

Storm: Courage.

Question: What is your special skill few people know about?
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Claude - "I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm a terrific singer. No one even knows about this since it's mostly something I do to help calm my grandfather and- in some cases- my older sister, Lucie, whenever she visits!"

Question: What would you consider to be the most useful superpower for day-to-day life?
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Heather: Hold on, let me link you this Thought Slime video real quick... anyway, uh, even without his other powers, Superman's solar-powered strength and stamina could generate unlimited clean energy for everyone. That'd be real useful in the day-to-day.

Mercy: Shapeshifting would definitely save me a lot of time.

Hope: Is super genius a superpower? If we had Tony Stark or Reed Richards in real life, think how many problems we'd already have solved!

L.K.: Getting to fly would be cool and convenient, but then I'd have to stop wearing skirts... unless... ;)

How would you describe your political ideology?
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Dr Adjective wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 pmHow would you describe your political ideology?
Marcy: Ahem... I personally identify as an anarcho-syndicalist/neoliberalist/commu... Pfffff, HAAAHAHAHAHA, yeeeeah right. Politics are for fucking nerds who believe their shitty ideology is better than your shitty ideology.

Koa: Aw gee, uuuuh, I mean I don't tend to think about it all that much but I guess I'd probably vote democrat like my parents? They seem pretty chill compared to the other guys...

Johnny: Heh, like all true Americans, I love me some freedom baby! Free love, free speech, free... Um, markets? Maybe? Like it's got the word free in it so that means it's a good thing, right?

Florida: Oh? Well, I suppose I come across as fairly conservative compared to a lot of my peers, granted I'm not... SUPER keen on Canon.

Question: It's prom night, and everyone gets to submit a song for the playlist! Which song did you pick?
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Niall: Well, my favourite song is the Lester Young rendition of "There Will Never Be Another You", but I'm not sure it fits the prom vibe. Perhaps for a slower dance?

Hayden: My music tastes are probably too "edgy" and not "politically correct" enough for my coddled peers. They would likely prefer some pop music slop churned out by Taylor Sheeran or Ed Swift or... whomever these philistines listen to. However the question presupposes I have free reign to submit what I wish so they can deal with it and listen to "Without Me", by Eminem. If I am to be "cancelled" let it at least be to the magnum opus of rap's great auteur.

Rowan: Only the greatest guitar track of all time, "Sweet Jane" by the Velvet Underground. Real talk I have a whole playlist for this specific situation. Prom committee, hit me up, alright?

James: "Born in the USA" by good ol' Bruce Springsteen, of course! What else?

Ash: "Meat is Murder" by the Smiths. Let's watch my classmates squirm, shall we?

Time to book your dream holiday! Where are you going, what are you doing and who (if anyone) is coming with?
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

midnight_twelve wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:36 am Time to book your dream holiday! Where are you going, what are you doing and who (if anyone) is coming with?
Beau: Oh man, I've been DYING to try out that hiking trail to Machu Picchu!! I wanna bring my mom, my dad, my sisters, and all of the Outdoor Rattlers if possible!!!

Inessa: I know there's a ton of people who want to go to Japan just for the city sight, but I feel like the countrysides go unappreciated, y'know? I'd bring my parents, but I hope that Storm would come as well, we'd wear yukatas together! Maybe I can ask Tay also...

Marino: I'd probably plan an epic cross-country road trip with all my friends! I mean, it's a good chance to visit every destination the open road offers! For example, there's a Buc-ee's the size of a supermarket somewhere in Texas!

Remi: I guess Salt Lake City wouldn't be so bad... Or the Philippines? I don't know, anywhere with a shit-ton of water would be fine by me.

Question: What Generation do you think is the best? (ex. The 80's, The 50's, The Early 2000's)
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Claude O'Neil Porter - It's hard to pick which Generation is truly the best, after all, they each have such great and unique things about them. But, if I were to have to choose, I'd either pick the 40's or the 80's, due to how life was like back then from what my grandparents used to tell me and my sister when we were younger.

Question: In a zombie apocalypse, equipped with the supplies needed to survive, what is the only weapon you consider to be useful to fight the undead?
Ahab9

Post by Ahab9 »

Travis: Well, it's a close tie between a bow and a crowbar. Former's silent and you can recover the arrows, while the latter is useful everywhere but I really don't like it to be close and personal with the infected: I mean, only 28 Days Later made a zombie apocalypse right. One drop of blood in the wrong place and you're thoroughly fucked sideways with a sharp fork. Then you need a lot of strength to actually break an human skull, a lot of stamina to swing and some really tough guts to watch the bone crack from the inside and the skin tear and the decayed arteries burst, spraying you with coagulated blood over you and-

-you know, I'm giving a lot of cons to melee combat, so let's go with the bow.

Ezra: A fully furnished tank with ammo and chainsaws at the sides. Counts as a weapon, don't judge me! :P

Question!: You're planning a road trip! Who do you want to invite, and why?
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Lily: My brother of course. I have to take care of him, and even then who would I bring instead my mother? But besides him maybe Heather or LK, they are keeping my bed warm... LK would probably do something pervy in the car.

Taylor: My other half! We twins don't go that far from each other if we can help it. Besides Harper maybe Lucy or Hope maybe even Mercy, Lucy is cute and it would do good for getting her out of her shell. Hope because it might be a chance for us to reconnect, and Mercy because of course.

Raymond: Hmmm, Jason or Emma. Jason is funny and Emma is entertaining.

Storm: My girlfriend Inessa of course! And maybe Taylor.

Question: Fuck, marry, kill for our class?
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

Mihai: Fuck, marry, and kill Olivier. In that order.

Adrienne: Oh, um, this is an awkward question. Fuck Mercy, maybe (I'm not a creep I swear). Probably marry Lucy. Kill... myself?

Law: PAUSE. Guys I don't think this question is school appropriate. So I'm just gonna... decline to fuck or kill anyone. I'd be down to marry most of the people here, though. Maybe, like, Londyn or something.

Question: If you could get one do-over in your life, without messing up the current timeline too much, what would it be?
[+] V9 plans
Mihai Dabija - The Combatant
Adrienne Tsai - The Idyllist
Lawrence "Law" Willoughby - The Adventurer
Armani "AJ" Janelle Beaulieu III - The Repairman
BlightLupus

Post by BlightLupus »

Marie: "Easy. Use my knowledge of future stock market fluctuations and major news to advise people who will become famous or important in the future and gain their trust, hence strengthening my network."

Jason: "Geez. At least say that you'll use that info to get richer or something...Not that you need it, I guess. Hmm~ I'm a 'live in the present' kinda guy, so I can't say I have any regrets I wanna fix, so I'll steal Marie's idea and use the future knowledge to just get rich instead!"

Lucy: "I...I should've told my parents about all the pressure I was under earlier, I think...They weren't as disappointed as I thought they'd be, and it would've made my life a lot easier...But then, i-it feels like I'm betraying them by slacking off earlier than I should, a-and it's not like I couldn't handle it, so...I'll change nothing...I guess..."

Olivier: "I should've done everything in my power to get my parents to stay in Alaska instead of moving us to this hellhole desert."

Question: What is your best OR worst experience in your life?
My kids:
[+] Marie Tudor
"There is always someone better than me, is it? Well, that just means I'm not trying hard enough."

A natural leader whose pride and greed is only matched by her diligence.
[+] Jason Chase
"It's showtime!"

A showman and a jokester, constantly on the lookout for the most entertaining thing possible.
[+] Lucy Wu
"Just keep pushing forward, Lucy...It's fine. You can do this."

A shy and timid fencer with determination as strong as steel.
[+] Olivier Hawk
"Aim before you release. Think before you act."

A cold and distant archer with sharp wits and an even sharper tongue.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Beau: (Best) I think when I reached the ceiling of the Red Rock Climbing Center for the first time was easily one of my best moments! It only took me several hundred times, but it paid off!!

Inessa: (Best) I wasn't too hooked on the English dub of this one anime I watched, but when I got a signed poster of the main character's voice actor, it instantly made my day! Plus, I got totally hooked on the dub!

Marino: (Best) I'd probably say the first time I've baked edibles. Bro, I have to say, weed and brownies are the best combination. Ever.

Remi: (Worst) Do you know how hard it is being told that your dream hobby as a profession will never be useful to you every day? I have. Pretty fucking horrible.

Question: You get to eat at your favorite restaurant, what do you order?

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”