I said I'd be doing this in 2024

you know I'm good for it

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Salic

I said I'd be doing this in 2024

Post by Salic »

hello survival of the fittest, this is saylick speaking. i have arrived bearing a thread; a relationship thread, one might call it, with various characters that have interests and personalities. perhaps you would be interested in learning more.

Ariel Schrader

Hobbies: Drumming, art history, niche music, art theory, board games, western RPGs

To most people, Ariel is not a notable presence in Red Rock. The perennially pessimistic, cynical, dour, and unsociable woman has barely any social presence in Red Rock outside of a few artistic circles, and even in those she's not a particularly big player. The one exception is the band she's in, Crackhead Psychopath. She's a fairly competent drummer, but she often gets into conflicts with her bandmates on philosophical grounds. She is vehemently anti-fandom and subscribes to the theory of art obscurity, arguing that compiling their music into albums for consumers (or even playing live) demerits their work and discredits them as artists. Ariel is very condescending and pretentious when it comes to this, and has a tendency of looking down on people who interact with any kind of fandom at all, particularly those of mainstream media. This causes her to come off as unpleasant to those within those circles, a reputation she has no inkling to change.
[+] appearance
  • Ariel stands at a below average 5' 3" and weighs 141 lbs. She has a triangular, endomorphic build, with wide hips and narrow shoulders.
  • She is white with rosy skin that burns more often than it tans. Her hair goes down to her shoulder blades, and is dyed a striking rusty red color. It is not styled, and on many days it is also unbrushed. She has mousy facial features and rather plain-looking brown eyes.
  • Ariel puts zero effort into fashion at all. Her fashion sense is as follows: if it's hot, wear tank tops and shorts. If it's cold, wear hoodies and sweatpants. It's that simple.
  • If she's ever interacted with outside of school, it'll most likely be through a cloud of vaguely peppermint-smelling vape smoke.
[+] looking for
  • Honestly? Not much. She doesn't have a notable social life and is present in very few social circles.
  • Most people who have interacted with her probably have a slight to strong distaste for her, due to her general unpleasantness and tendency towards condescension.
  • People interested in art history and debating the philosophy of art.
  • A romantic relationship would be a large stretch. Any prospective partner (gender doesn't matter) would have to be fully on board with Ariel's philosophical ideals and be able to tolerate her constant pessimism and cynical attitude. If you, for some reason, have a kid who meets those criteria, then pitch me in my DMs on discord (username is salic7773/Naresuan's Elephant). Be aware that it'll still be a tough sell.
[+] relationships
to be filled in
Roberto Aguerrondo

Hobbies: Mathematics, engineering, basketball, modern rap and hip-hop, classic literature

Roberto is someone whose name is known in academic circles around Red Rock, but not the man himself. The third child of Uruguayan immigrants, Roberto has always been studious, quiet, and dedicated to schoolwork. Despite his impoverished background, he's secured a full-ride scholarship to UCLA, making him the first person in his immediate family to attend college. Although he doesn't show it, he feels extremely pressured by his family lauding him as the 'golden child', though he knows they mean well. He's also a practicing (though not particularly devout) Catholic. He is rather quiet and in the background around school, though he's always been a top 20 student with all A's, and he is currently gunning for the title of valedictorian. He's also good at basketball and likes to play it casually, though he did not join the team because he felt that he should spend more time on schoolwork. Although he is not one for interaction, those who do speak with him find him almost unfailingly kind and polite, though not warm or friendly.
[+] appearance
  • Roberto stands at 5' 8" and weighs 130 lbs. He has a rectangular, ectomorphic body build, with even shoulders and hips. He is rather thin.
  • He is hispanic, and his skin is a warm bronze color that is resistant to both burning and tanning. His hair is usually cropped short and he has a wispy mustache, chin strap, and soul patch. He has rather plain and nondescript facial features, brown eyes, and black, square-rim glasses.
  • Due to his impoverished upbringing, his clothes are usually thrifted or handed down. He typically wears jeans and solid, design-less t-shirts, though they are somewhat ratty and show their age.
[+] looking for
  • Academic partners or rivals; if it's an academic rivalry you're after, be aware that Roberto would think of it as a more friendly competition.
  • Friends he plays basketball with.
  • People that he tutors on the side for money.
  • His reputation as a top academic achiever probably hasn't endeared him to Red Rock's notable delinquent population.
  • No romances; Roberto is dedicating all his energy towards studying and schoolwork, being in a relationship would be too much time and effort.
[+] relationships
to be filled in
Lightning Adcock

Hobbies: Track, cross country, yoga, horror media, Instagram, alternative medicine

Lightning, twin sister to Thunder, is a very visible and notable figure in Red Rock's social scene, being a popular and exceptional athlete in an athletics-oriented school. True to her name, she is a very speedy runner, though she does her best in longer, more drawn out runs rather than sprints. Despite that, she's still a top tier runner for the girls' track and and cross country team and frequently brings home medals and other accolades; she's recently acquired an athletic scholarship to UNLV and is expected to be a D1 athlete. Conversely, her academics are average at best, hovering around the C to low B range. Although she is firmly within the popular crowd, she's a rather polarizing figure. She carries herself with a rather haughty my-way-or-the-highway attitude and follows an act-first-ask-questions-never mindset. Lightning very firmly believes that words are cheap and that actions are the only real way to prove one's motives or intentions. Unsurprisingly, she tends to be very impulsive, and likes to act on her gut instincts, regardless of actual evidence.
[+] appearance
  • Lightning stands at 5' 7" and weights 136 lbs. She has an hourglass figure and a mesomorphic build, with notably toned legs.
  • She is white, with particularly pale skin despite her outdoor hobbies. Since it is very prone to burning, she almost always has a layer of sunscreen on. Her platinum blonde hair reaches the small of her back, though it's always tied up in a tight bun when she's running and kept in a high, loose ponytail at all other times. She has conventionally attractive features and icy blue eyes.
  • While at school, she usually wears loose athletic clothes and high-end running shoes, barring any special occasions. Outside of school, she tends to accessorize with nicer outfits, earrings, and several bracelets, necklaces and rings. A surprising amount of her wardrobe is white in coloration, and she has a tendency to wear all white outfits.
[+] looking for
  • People who like her and are in the popular crowd. She likely won't have many friends outside of the popular kids, unless they're known yoga fans or chakra healers or something.
  • She likely has just as many enemies within and without the popular group. Her tendency to act on impulse and never wait for any context has probably hurt someone before, and she's certainly either started or helped spread around a damaging rumor at some point.
  • While she and her brother Thunder can certainly argue and be angry with each other, being his enemy is a good way to be on Lightning's bad side.
  • Cross country and track teammates.
  • People who follow her on Instagram.
  • I would like a boyfriend for Lightning, so if you have a character and think they'd be compatible and have good chemistry, hit me with a pitch on discord.
[+] relationships
Thunder Adcock
Tammy Swann

Hobbies: Pugilism (particularly boxing), cooking, cars, communist theory, industrial music

Tammy, by most accounts, would be considered part of Red Rock's numerous delinquents, but her attitude towards that group is similar to Britain's attitude towards continental Europe. While she matches the stereotype of the typical delinquent (barely passing grades, worn and frayed clothing, a rough-and-tumble demeanor), she does not consider herself to be a part of that group. She is not a rebel against authority, she does not engage in bullying behavior, and she isn't in any kind of gang or club. The only thing in school she actively participates in is boxing, and it's something that she's good at and passionate about. Tammy occupies a very awkward gray area in Red Rock's social scene; despite being lumped in with the delinquents, she doesn't consider herself one, but she does also not mesh anywhere else into Red Rock's student body, leaving her as something of a floating outcast. The one exception to this is boxing, where she is a very well known and recognized face, and it's where practically all of her relationships come from.
[+] appearance
  • Tammy stands at 5' 9" and weighs 157 lbs, much of which is muscle. She has a mesomorphic build and an inverted triangle body shape, with broad shoulders and a narrower waist.
  • She is white, with a rosy skin tone that tans very easily and usually does not burn. Her golden blonde hair reaches just past her collarbone, and she usually doesn't style it, though she still brushes and combs it daily. She has conventionally attractive features, but her nose is notably crooked from breaking it several times. Her eyes are a rather dull green.
  • Tammy's clothes are old and worn, and she has no interest in purchasing new ones. She has a bomber jacket which she usually wears, and favors old, oil-stained t-shirts, fraying jeans, and worn work boots, regardless of the weather.
[+] looking for
  • Since Tammy is something of a social misfit and doesn't actively participate in 98% of anything Red Rock offers, which means she won't have that many relationships.
  • Boxing acquaintances/friends/enemies.
  • Delinquents who don't like her for not being delinquent-y enough.
  • No relationships; Tammy is taken!
[+] relationships
Heather Klein: :), but also ):<
[+] V8 Kids
John Davis- ”Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men." - John F. Kennedy
Constance Blanchet- "The end of hope is the beginning of death." - Charles De Gaulle
Lara 'Spuds' Bullock- "You can never substitute emotion for reason." - Robert McNamara (Adopted from Slam!)
[+] V9 Concepts
Lightning Adcock
Ariel Montserrat "For God's sake, bring me a large scotch. What a bloody awful country." - Reginald Maudling
Tammy Swann - "Do not fear death so much as an inadequate life." - Bertolt Brecht
Roberto Aguerrondo - "I will not kneel on the ground, Allowing the executioners to look tall, The better to obstruct the wind of freedom." - Zhou Zhenkai
Deblod100

Post by Deblod100 »

For relationships, I cannot come up with anything for Vanessa, though the closest I can give a connection is Roberto, since she's interested in reading, so most likely sitting in the English class pretty much.

Now, for Ariel, Mortimer hates her a lot, since he views her as a complete hypocrite for being anti-fandom and her philosophy. This is coming from a nihilistic geek and nerd who is someone who can be compared and contrasted with Ariel, since Mortimer is a fan of many things that would make Ariel despise him, but he does share some similar pessimistic and cynical behavior, however he keeps a lid on it unlike Ariel.

Emma, who is the frontwoman of Finest in Nifhiel does understand Ariel's philosophy and gets what she is trying to achieve, but Ariel's attitude in general made Emma dislike her.

Lightning does have an interest in horror media, though it's unknown on if she will be a horror club member, where she can be acquainted with Mortimer. However, a primary connection can come from Joanne who may or may not take advantage of Lightning and may straight up hate her, since she's trying to be the most popular "girlboss" in Red Rock.
It's so hard when your on your own
You might fall into the Forbidden Zone

[+] V9 kids
Mortimer Schuab - The creator is converted into an avatar of all. Happy to tell you that life is completely meaningless and that everyone is going to die horribly.
Emma Drakenberg-West - Rebelling against the system with the power of metal and punk music gets you by, only for a little while, unless you decide to do the right thing only by getting your hands dirty.
Joanne Martinez - She enforces the authority of the school, but even a queen bee must lose the stinger. Now, she wants to make her point clear on who rules.
Vanessa Thibodeaux - Humans and animals are both the same. The lines officially blur for a butcher who will now become the executioner.
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Salic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:02 am hello survival of the fittest, this is saylick speaking.
Hello. Is that how Salic is pronounced? I've been reading it as "sal-ick" this whole time. Cursed.

Anyway, I have some relationship ideas for our characters:

Ariel!
You have a condescending contrarian, I have a condescending contrarian, we have the makings of the most insufferable thread in SOTF history here. Hayden will debate anything with anyone and while he doesn’t have any particular interest in art history that won’t stop him from becoming fandom’s strongest soldier whenever Ariel is around.

Niall actually does have an interest in art history and philosophy, so there might be a slightly more productive conversation to be had there, but he probably treats her with mild distaste and that feeling is probably mutual since he is a genuine fan of various artists.

Roberto!!
Niall and Roberto are both academically gifted with an interest in classic literature, so they might be on good terms potentially with a mild good natured rivalry. Maybe they’ve even played a game of basketball or two, since Niall’s an athlete as well, though he prefers American football.

Lightning!!!
Niall is probably my most conventionally popular kid, so I imagine him and Lightning have interacted at various parties and... wherever else popular people go. He probably respects her athleticism but not so much her impulsiveness and belief that actions speak louder than words. Overall probably a coldly civil acquaintance exists between them.

Tammy!!!!
Haven’t got much here, other than that Tammy and Ash are probably aware of each other through Heather, one of Ash’s very few friends. Neither seems remotely sociable enough to interact outside of that, though.

I think that's all for now. I might be back if I think of anything Rowan or James might have in common with your crew.
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Hi, it be me, Magnum- I've come to give suggestions for relationships your kids could have with mine.

Ariel - I would consider them being great friends, oddly enough. Claude tends to not mind people who have a similar attitude and mostly doesn't let that deter him from being a caring and friendly person to someone. So, they could both hang out pretty regularly and, although Ariel might end up debating with him over being in a baseball team from time to time, which is considered to be a mainstream sport, he would really just agree with everything she says then immediately forget about it when they move on and talk about something else. Everything considered, they can both be in friendly terms with each other!

Roberto Aguerrondo - Roberto is another case of somehow being friends with Claude. Either of them could have met the other in the library or the gym/basketball court, with Claude having run into Roberto outside of school in a basketball court and playing a game of one-on-one and just losing miserably but still being a great sport about it and hitting it off, or Roberto encountering Claude in the library with a mountain range of books surrounding him as he studied effortlessly for an upcoming test, thus they got to become well-acquainted through studying together.

Lightning Adcock - Given how similar both Lightning and Claude are in many aspects of their social life- both being very popular and heavily involved in a sports team of the school- it's only a given that they became best friends. Even though she is extremely impulsive, it doesn't bother him one bit as he will sometimes even try to calm her down by using his actions rather than words since he figures that would be the best way to do so. However, his gentlemanly behavior and actions would probably be a big part as to the reason why they became such great friends in the first place since it led Lightning to conclude that Claude really was who he acted like; a gentle giant. So yeah, they could both be friends!

Tammy Swann - Another kid who being friends with Claude makes sense. Reason being that Claude is actually friends with a lot of delinquents as well, but he himself is nowhere near even being considered a delinquent, in the same way Tammy is. In that way, they could find solace I each other and hang out relatively often. Another thing is that since they both are also involved in boxing, it would also work if they were also boxing friends!

These are all my friendship suggestions, but if you have something else you'd like to do instead, then I'm more than happy to oblige!
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Yo sup.

As we already know, Heather and Tammy are dating???, at the very least they’re romantically and sexually entwined. But ALSO!

Ariel!
Heather also has drumming as her first musical love, and her solo work outside of Emma’s band is exceedingly niche (have you heard of industrial pop?). That said she unsurprisingly disagrees on the obscurity philosophy, and though Heather isn’t into much mainstream culture and broadly embraces a DIY punk and free distribution approach to her music she does still have a few commercially successful idols to look up to. Strained friendship? Heather already tolerates a lot of people she has strong disagreements with so if the vibe there is mutual it could work; she’s down to talk sincerely about the nature of art, at least. Potential hook up as well, if Ariel’s cool with casual stuff - Heather similarly is hard to actually date, and they’re definitely not compatible for romance.

Other girls? I see mutual distaste between her and Mercy, Mercy makes derivative music to feel important and maybe make a little cash, not art. Hope and LK probably don’t know she exists but Ariel presumably dislikes both of them too.

Roberto!
Don’t think I have anything deep for him tbh. No basketball boys and no big overachiever nerds. Got some maybes though?

Heather at least respects him, so she’d speak up for him amongst the punk kids. Her relationship with that circle does seem increasingly strained anyways.

Hope a maybe for tutoring? Part of her Thing is living in the shadow of an overachieving older brother so seeking out help with academics could be a thing. Unsure on this one. Alternatively could just kinda resent him for resembling said brother.

Lightning!
Mercy’s definitely got something going on here. May need to hash out in detail by Discord.

Has almost certainly butted heads with Heather over something. They’ll cross paths in athletics and both are stubborn and opinionated.

Mercy is The horror fan, so if Lightning engages with that on a social level they’ve got that in common. Probably argued over matters of taste unless they’re very closely aligned, as Mercy is also very opinionated here.

LK finds her extremely attractive, tragic that she’s straight. Not sure if there’s much there beyond finding that very annoying.

On the off chance Artemis makes it in, her mother’s very new age and I pictured her making a living doing witchy stuff like divination and healing, could be a connection there.

and Tammy!
Heather is Known

Otherwise yeah don’t think there’s much with my other three. Acquaintance of an acquaintance stuff for Mercy via the music crowd, doubt they like each other? Friend of a friend via Heather’s other hookups for LK, presumably nothing but bad feelings there based on what else we’ve discussed re; Heather and Tammy and Feelings. Nothing much with Hope tbh.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

I have two ideas for my tomboy Remi Dayfree!

Roberto: Remi would work as an academic rival towards Roberto and would try her best to at least one-up him. She would also become jealous of his acceptance to a high-ranking college such as UCLA, although she tries to hide it.

Lightning: Remi would most likely be friends with Lightning, seeing how her athletics landed her a spot on a scholarship. Remi may have been in the popular crowd during her time as a swimmer, but I think she'd probably fallen out of graces due to her mysterious reason for dropping out of her swim team.

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”