Legion of Doom, Assemble!

The church sits atop a small hill in the town and gives a good view over the handful of streets that make up the place. The church itself is a classical wooden construction with a high steeple and ladder up to its bell, although the whole structure has shifted and leans to its right as a result of the ground beneath it shifting. The inside of the church has a carpeted aisle that runs between the rows of pews. At the front of the church is a pulpit and altar that have been arranged as if a service was intended before being abandoned. Behind this scene is the door to the sacristy, which contains some moth-eaten vestments, a wash basin, two wardrobes—one of which has been pushed onto its side, revealing a trapdoor—and a worktop with candlestick holders and incense burners along with some other Catholic paraphernalia.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

The scream startled Kaede for a second. Then she actually looked at who did it, and she sighed in relief. Danielle Bird was here. Was it wrong to be relieved that Dani was here with her rather than safe at home? Maybe. Maybe not. But at least Kaede wasn't completely alone in this. It seemed like they were all in, except for Dani. Ash was talking about how her machine tracked the collars. Juanita was talking about how they could shore up here, find someplace else, and split up for the time being to find people, or take them out.

Kaede just nodded at this. She had no reason to not agree.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Anderson

Post by Anderson »

"I'll...I can stay or go." Beat. "But I think I might as well stay."

Jack shrugged, seeking a bit of direction.

"We can try to grab...stuff...to fortify with. Move some of the pews..." He glanced around, looking for other things they could use to block the door to the basement. That would...well, it would at least keep them from having to deal with one potential source of surprises...

...but in general he found himself really looking around for someone else to confirm/reject his thoughts so he could comfortably get to work.

[Jack Anderson continued elsewhere? His handler thinks? But is quite confused for right now, and will edit this line if he's wrong.]
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Dani blinked, a little confused at how… nonchalant everyone was taking her sudden appearance? She didn’t want to be a prima donna or anything, but she at least expected Ash and Kaede to react more! Especially Kaede! Kaede was practically like a lost puppy that gladly followed her around. It was especially annoying they didn’t give her much acknowledgement and went back to talking about… whatever it was they were talking about, after the ordeal she had just gone through!

No, “hey, Dani! How are you?” Or “hey, Dani! Did you almost fuck an incel who had a gun to your head in a filthy cellar?” Something would have been nicer than nothing at all! But she supposed she couldn’t be too upset. She did, after all, just walk in on them mid-conversation. She could still be quietly upset and maybe give out snarky comments every now and then.

She folded her arms, leaning on a nearby wall. They were talking about playing the “game” as far as she was able to gather. So if she were to guess they were all planning on working together to kill everyone else? She wasn’t too sure on the details — her fault for literally showing up at the end of the discussion — but she figured she could have Kaede fill her in on the specifics later. For now it seems like the two people she wasn’t too clear on the names of — they looked more familiar but she was still drawing a blank — were going to move stuff around and fortify the area. Which to Dani…

“Right, well, good luck with… fortifying things,” she said, unsure. “I’m, uh, way too tired for any of this right now.”

She sighed and walked to a nearby pew, setting her bag down, and sitting down on it before moving to lay down.

“I got dragged across a fucking island with a gun to my head, so I’m 100% DONE with this shit for the day,” she grumbled, leaning over the pew and digging out the windbreaker. She adjusted it, turning it into a makeshift pillow and placing it beneath her head. “I’m going to sleep. Talk to you guys later.”

This was uncomfortable. Super uncomfortable. But what else could she expect? Not like there are any better alternatives at the moment. Maybe if she is lucky she’d wake up and find herself in her own bed. She doubt she’d be that lucky though…

((Dani Bird continued in It's Kind of A Lot…))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Well, that wasn't the best reaction, but Dani probably didn't mean it that way. After all, they did get kidnapped, and she did get taken hostage, so it was probably best to leave her alone and wait it out. Kaede didn't want to make Dani angrier than she already was.

((Kaede Tsurumi continued elsewhere ...))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Return to “The Church”