vantablack humor

((open but gonna be functionally a multishot if nobody shows up lmao))

Formerly kept clear by the foot passage back and forth between the different halves of the island, the lower mountain pass has become a wasteland of loose rocks, potholes, and overgrown plants, making it take effort to navigate. As the former connecting path between the research station and the village on the side of the island, the lower mountain pass is still easy to follow and is wider with barriers on its steeper sides to help the people that used to make use of it. While obviously at a lower elevation than the upper mountain pass, the lower pass is still raised above other parts of the island; if one was to leave the path and follow the slopes down, they would find themselves either on the old road or in the tundra forest.

Thread limit: 1
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Jacob paused for a bit, looking up at Greg with surprise. He'd heard well enough what had happened to Kiera, and who'd been behind it. When combined with the goat story it was clear Greg had had a rough couple days. Which made it all the more embarrassing when Greg asked for how Jacob had been handling things.

"... shit, dude. I've just been getting high for most of the past couple days."

He reached up for a handhold fairly near the edge. The outcropping his right foot rested on broke off out from under him, leaving him suddenly dangling from a single hand.

"SHIT!" He screamed, voice shrill with terror. "SHIT SHIT SHIT FUCK SHIT!"

His other hand managed to grab the same little outcropping, but that wasn't enough. His legs flailed wildly, boots scraping against the mountainside in a fruitless search for any kind of purchase on the rock. There was no clearing that last little gap between him and safety on his own anymore.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Oh frick, oh frick, oh frick, oh no, Greg was specifically hoping this wouldn't happen, frick, frick frick frick-

- he could run. He could run. He could just run away and let Jacob fall. He'd get away with it.

But that would be kind of messed up.

So...

He was gonna have to be brave.

He scuttled to the very edge of the cliff. His arms weren't gonna be long enough to reach Jacob from here without his center of gravity getting sent over the edge. Thinking quickly, he lowered his legs down off the edge and dangled the left in Jacob's direction, propping himself up with his hands grasping the rock's edge.

"Grab my leg!"
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
none of you can prove im in v8
[+] v9, AKA. Kermit rejects modernity, returns to writing mentally ill bisexuals.
[+] Sad Gay Hours with Kermit and Mara.
You've been living a while in the front of my skull making orders
You've been writing me rules, shrinking maps and redrawing borders
I've been repeating your speeches, but the audience just doesn't follow
Because I'm leaving out words, punctuation, and it sounds pretty hollow
I've been living in bed because now you tell me to sleep
I've been hiding my voice and my face, and you decide when I eat
In your dreams I'm a criminal, horrible, sleeping around
While you're awake, I'm impossible, constantly letting you down
Little porcelain figurines, glass bullets you shoot at the wall
Threats of castration for crimes you imagine when I miss your call
With the bite of the teeth of that ring on my finger, I'm bound to your bedside, your eulogy singer
I'd happily take all those bullets inside you and put them inside of myself
[+] The mallgoth who died offscreen in Supers
You can read me like a book
I'm not as clever as I look
I've got a sneaky kind of selfish
That I keep up on the shelf
With jars of double-sided comments
For people who've done nothing wrong
Preparing for the lights
And always practicing my sha-na-na's
I will stand right next to giants
And roar beside the lions
[+] Johnny R. Fightmaster
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
I'd been working on some open-ended shit
I was looking for an in and that was it
Back at the recital, signs remain vital
A statue is stone which rejects its own pulse
You heart's fair, your heart's square, your heart's not even there
Wasting shore leave on the girls from Point St. Claire
There is a light and it goes out, oh
A touch of classicism in the night
Your backlash was right where I wanted you
Yes, that's right, I wanted you, too
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
@Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position
I totally get how our decisions were reached

From this position
I can say "no pregame murders," or "Tracen Danya is canonically a catboy TikTokker," or "go bother Deamon instead,"
From this position, from this position
It's kind of like eating myself to death

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
There's advantages to both
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right
There's advantages to each
(Advantages! Advantages!)

From this perspective, from this position
I have a good grip on both of them
Because I have stayed home
And have learned a little more about my community
Which is important
You know, Main's got 1,269 characters to read

So chat goes @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
@Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff, @Staff
So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

And now you have gone terminally inactive
And then you didn't send an appeal
And so I will have to take away your beloved character and then I will have to kill them
(And i'll feel really bad about doing it even though it's my job ;~;)

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)
And we're coming back, coming back, coming back
Until there's no U.S. state left untouched on the map
We probably should have expected that people would mishandle colonialism in the Hawaii version

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right
Please don't yell at meeee

As a terrified autistic person
I'm amazed at my decision to play

On this occasion, there are a couple of things that we know that we pulled from Fact Magazine
One, character morality discourse is annoying and I don't care about it
Two, your time will come, but this is gonna be our version
So you should give us all of your roll nulls
Three, I wrote a goth and you did not, so shut up, because you don't know shit about goths that you didn't get from me

So times have been tough
And times have been tough
We have been staffkilled, unrolled, and rolled out
But honestly
And let's be honest with ourselves
How much time did we waste?
How much time did we all blow every day?

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Please do not ping @Staff as a joke!)
(Staff will kill you in real life!)
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue

From this position
I feel an affinity for the both of them, which is confusing
But honestly
I should be careful because otherwise, I'm being, I'm being, you know, what's it called?
Oh, fuck it
-Reclining, I'm getting used to it
Like writing a mentally ill bisexual
It's an entirely new
Discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery

And then a couple of versions on mini
And then a version on main
And then back over to mini and then to main, again
To use up my desire for
Discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery

For an instant
We could have been sold as a book
But the site's all been plagiarized
From Koushun Takami anyway
So what you want for now
Is for someone to read you
And to hear that the trends you like
Won't become overplayed

And I don't knoOOOOOOOw what I'm doing
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

I'm losing my edge.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Jacob did as he was told, panicking too much to challenge the notion. His arms strained with effort as he pulled himself up to the cliff's edge, all the while terrified him doing so would just drag the other boy down and send them both into the abyss.

Fortunately, it was enough. Jacob hastily clambered over the edge and rolled away from it. He ended up on his back, looking up at the sky once again. He lay there like that, hyperventilating and trembling with tremendous fury.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

There was a brief moment there where Greg felt like his wrists were going to buckle under Jacob's weight and send them both to their doom, but luckily that didn't happen! Phew. Once Jacob lurched his way up out of danger, Greg lifted himself back up and flopped backwards onto the ground.

He, uh... he honestly hadn't really expected any of that to go that well. There was this, this, uh, this shaky, kind of nauseous feeling coursing through his entire body. His eyes were watering, or maybe he'd started crying. He wasn't really sure which, he couldn't tell.

He just laid there on the ground for a little while, until his hands had stopped shaking and he'd regained enough control over his lungs to breathe normally again.

His voice bubbled through the silence.

"We made it."
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic

THREADS!

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
[+] v9, AKA. Kermit rejects modernity, returns to writing mentally ill bisexuals.
With the bite of the teeth of that ring on my finger, I'm bound to your bedside, your eulogy singer
Preparing for the lights
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position

From this position
I can say "no pregame murders," or "Tracen Danya is canonically a catboy TikTokker," or "go bother Deamon instead,"

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right

Which is important

So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

And so I will have to take away your beloved character and then I will have to kill them

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)
We probably should have expected that people would mishandle colonialism in the Hawaii version

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right

On this occasion, there are a couple of things that we know that we pulled from Fact Magazine
Three, I wrote a goth and you did not, so shut up, because you don't know shit about goths that you didn't get from me

So times have been tough
But honestly

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue

From this position
But honestly
I should be careful because otherwise, I'm being, I'm being, you know, what's it called?
Oh, fuck it
It's an entirely new
Discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery, discovery

To use up my desire for

For an instant
So what you want for now
Won't become overplayed

I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

I'm losing my edge.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Jacob's breathing hitched. His hands went to his mouth. Tears swelled in his eyes, before sliding down his face and falling into the dirt.

He'd made it.

He'd made it, but he was still here. He'd still just brushed with death, saved only by the lucky happenstance that Greg had arrived when he did and been willing to help. He'd still just been forced to truly confront their grim circumstances for the first time. He was still on this island, still on SOTF. He'd made it, but he was now more aware then ever that he was still, eventually, going to die here.

He turned over on his side, curling in on himself, as if he could disappear by doing so. A sob leapt out from his chest, escaping before he could force it back in. Then another, then another...

Soon he was freely wailing, a hysterical and primal sound on the verge of screaming. Everything held back since he first woken up, cascading forward at one in a way he couldn't stop anymore. His hands covered his entire face, humiliated at this freakout. It didn't matter it was only Greg; losing it like this in front of anyone was bad enough.

But now that he'd started, he could hardly stop. So the breakdown continued, unabated by any such shame.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Aw jeez, Jacob was really, really crying wasn't he?

Greg slowly sat up, brushing some errant ice off the back of his outermost windbreaker. He sidled over to Jacob.

Yeah, he didn't look like he was doing too great. Poor guy....

Greg... uh, wasn't really sure how to comfort him. But he guessed he should probably give it his best shot. He couldn't really give him a proper pat on the back with him in this position, but... maybe a pat on the shoulder would work? Probably.

Greg gave Jacob's shoulder two silent, firm pats. After the second, he let his hand remain on Jacob's shoulder, just to make sure the boy knew he was still there for him.
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic

THREADS!

ISLAND:
Preparing for the lights
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position

From this position

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right

Which is important

So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right

So times have been tough
But honestly

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue

From this position
But honestly
Oh, fuck it
It's an entirely new

To use up my desire for

For an instant
So what you want for now
Won't become overplayed

I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

I'm losing my edge.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

The boy's touch helped. It didn't make the crying stop; that was a ship that'd already sailed, and it wasn't ready to return to port. But perhaps it helped him feel less embarrassed at the outburst, less ashamed of his fear. More importantly, it made him feel less alone.

He laid like that, Greg's hand on his shoulder, for what felt like ages; in truth, it was probably only a minute or so. Eventually, his miserable wailing quieted into a small, choked whimper. The tears failed to flow anymore, as if the well had run dry. What had rushed forth like a torrential flood was looking more like a creek. He couldn't really bring himself to rise just yet, but he did manage just a couple words, for Greg's sake rather than his own.

"Thank you."
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Hey, no problem. No problem." Greg said, giving Jacob another pat on the back.

He inhaled deeply through his nose and wiped some still-drying goat saliva off the side of his face with the back of his hand.

He was... he was just happy he'd been able to help. He was happy he'd finally been able to make a difference; to have saved someone's life, at least for a moment.

"We should, uh, we should find shelter before it gets dark."

Again, the guy from last night itched in the back of his mind. If he was still alive in a ravine somewhere, Greg and Jacob getting off of the mountain was basically going to be tantamount to them leaving him to die. But... if they tried looking for him, they were probably going to die. So he was either dead or probably going to die no matter what Greg tried to do. The only lives Greg was in any position to save here were Jacob's and his own. That was what he was telling himself. It seemed correct, but still, it wasn't something he felt good about.

"Whenever you think you're ready."
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic

THREADS!

ISLAND:
Preparing for the lights
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position

From this position

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right

Which is important

So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right

So times have been tough
But honestly

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue

From this position
But honestly
Oh, fuck it
It's an entirely new

To use up my desire for

For an instant
So what you want for now
Won't become overplayed

I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

I'm losing my edge.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"Mmm..."

Jacob sat up, removing his sunglasses and wiping at his eyes with the back of his other hand. His breathing was rough and he was still shaking, but compared to before he was positively chipper and stable.

"I think I-I'm good to go now."

He put the sunglasses back over his eyes, masking their newfound puffiness. Something seemed to dawn on him suddenly.

"Mind if we look for my shit first? I'm kinda hoping the bag I dropped's somewhere on the path still. It had some very important shit in it."

'Important shit' meaning 'unhealthy coping mechanism' meaning 'kinda mid weed'. But Greg didn't need to know that right away.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Uh, ahahaha... sure. As, uh, as long as we don't take too long. If we don't find it in, uh... twenty minutes, then probably we should give up."

He crunched his way over to a set of overlapping goat tracks in the snow. It looked like the little fella had taken multiple trips up and down the trail recently.

"I bet the goat took it and hid it somewhere. Here, uhhh, this way."

((Garg Carg continued in Reefer Madness))
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic

THREADS!

ISLAND:
Preparing for the lights
What road?
What road?
What road?
What road?
[+] Pow Pow
From this position
I will relax
From this position
I can see the whole site

From this position
Oh, oh just relax
From this position
I took the staff test
I now have a purple name

And chat goes @Staff
It goes @Staff

From this position
I can see all the pings
From this position

From this position

With you on the outside
And me on the inside
(Advantages to both!)

And me being uptight
And you being all right

Which is important

So it's @Staff
It goes @Staff

With you in a sidechat
And me in the staffchat
(Advantages to both)

Now I have been Danya
And you are not Danya
(Advantages to each)

I'm paralyzed
And looking through you
But if nothing's right

So times have been tough
But honestly

And so it's @Staff
Oh, @Staff

So @Staff
@Staff
(Yes I mean you!)

With you on the inside
And me on the outside
(Advantages to both!)

With my name in purple
And your name in blue

From this position
But honestly
Oh, fuck it
It's an entirely new

To use up my desire for

For an instant
So what you want for now
Won't become overplayed

I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww
I don't knooooowwww

I'm losing my edge.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Jacob got up, following his new flannel goth buddy.

"Right. The, uh, goats aren't gonna follow us, right?"

((Jacob Winters continued in Reefer Madness))
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3

Return to “Lower Mountain Pass”