Vaccine Deployed, Hormones Employed

(Private) CONTENT WARNING For Vaguely Described Sex. Post-COVID, Pre-September

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
ViolentMedic

Vaccine Deployed, Hormones Employed

Post by ViolentMedic »

Quarantine was over. That was cool, he supposed.

It didn’t really change much, at least not for Fitz. Gave him less of an excuse to be indoors. Maybe the vaccine being passed out meant that the US had abandoned its attempts to spread the virus in an effort to justify a war with China - Fitz was sure there was solid proof there somewhere, he just had to find it, not that he’d really do anything with that information except post it on the internet. Or maybe they’d release a super mutated strain that got around the vaccine, and use that as ‘proof’ that China was engineering bio-weapons, and then World War III happens.

Whatever. That wasn’t today.

Today, instead, he was getting his daily dose of Vitamin D, by rolling along in the sun until his mom let him back in the apartment. It was weird to see a steady amount of people walking by. During quarantine, they’d only been occasional.

This was not an optimal place to be practicing his rollerblading. It’d be good if he did well, but… well, that was asking a lot of himself, y’know? He’d been practicing the one leg balancing for a while, and getting the hang of it, but he had trouble doing it over a longer distance than a few feet.

No time like the present.

Fitz glided to one end of the street, turning around before giving his helmet a good thump. On tight. Good. Knee and elbow pads, too. He’d fallen over enough to know that was a good idea. Fitz set back off towards the other end of the street, gaining some speed before lifting one leg enough to try and keep his balance as he moved the remaining leg left and right. It would have been cooler if he had cones, like in the videos, but it still looked kind of neat, not even bad if someone saw--

He spotted a vaguely familiar figure nearby, one that Fitz was approaching quickly.

Isn’t that--

“School mascot! What’s--oH GOD!”

Fitz tried to turn and stop, but lost track of where his feet were, forgetting what trick he was doing, and all balance was lost to the forces of the universe as Fitz went tumbling right past Teddie, rolling a couple of times before coming to a stop on his back.

...Ow.

He lay there for a second, then rearranged his limbs as if to look like he was relaxing, before he casually nodded at Teddie from where he was lying in the road.

“Sup.”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Slam

Post by Slam »

Quarentine was over. That was awesome!

It wasn't as if it was the first time Teddie had left the house in months, but it might as well have been. The sun was shinging bright in the sky, people were flocking the streets, his arm was full of anti-covid immunisation that meant he wouldn't die if someone coughed on him. Hallelujah and peanut butter, Teddie's heart was aflutter.

He didn't have any particular destination in mind, but who gave a flying fuck? He was outside, people were outside, Covid was dying. Yay! He stepped down the street so lightly with no direction in mind, he was practically skipping.

"School mascot! What's--oH GOD!"

Suddenly a familiar face was flying right past him, and it was hilarious. Teddie stopped himself from doubling over with laughter just to be polite, but he couldn't stop himself from giggling into his hand.

"Nice. Hey, Fitz."

Teddie beamed a smile down at Fitz, whom he was acquainted with through his very large social network, but had not hung out with extensively prior to this meeting. There was that thing about breaking a window with a shoe or something? Whatever, didn’t matter, old news. He did feel quite nice being recognised, too; it was good to be reminded that people at school had not forgotten his existence, as he had occasionally feared in his darker moments.

“You might want to get out of the road, dude. There’s a car coming.”
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Fitz brushed off the giggling with a shrug. “The plight of a skilled expert in rollin’ all stylish-like,” he said, voice mild. He offered a small, sleepy smile—as per tradition, he’d been up most of the night googling various topics.

He didn’t know Teddie all that well. School mascot, obviously. Hard to forget a guy running around dressed like a dog. Friendly dude. Cheery. Pretty, got those dimples and all. Maybe he’d dated a friend of Fitz’s, or a friend of a friend, or someone? Fitz couldn’t remember. Who had the time to keep up with that stuff.

“A’ight. Surviving a pandemic and then being hit by a car would be kind of a downer.” Fitz untangled himself a little before pushing himself to his feet, straightening his skirt with a tug out of habit, even though he was wearing bike shorts underneath. A little achey, but basically fine.

He rolled over to the footpath before shifting his feet so that he could awkwardly trot instead of rolling.

“Haven’t seen a classmate in a while, least not in a way that wasn’t the internet. And y’know, whole lot of weirdness using webcams and stuff. Too, uh… well, I don’t like cameras pointed at my face at the best of times, y’know? The amount of sinister purposes someone could use footage of my face for is, like, insane.”

Fitz removed his helmet to check if he’d cracked it. Felt like he’d clonked it a little when falling over.

“How’s actual sunlight treatin’ you?”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

“Oh my god Fitz, this is the best.” He threw his arms wide as he turned on the spot, sun beaming down on his radiant face. “I feel like fuckin’ magic right now, my man. Fuck you, Covid.”

He was being bold and dramatic, and that was great. Too many months cooped up in his bedroom, hiding under his pillows as an endless repetition of nothing and no-one had weighed down on him. Too many mentions of Lockdowns and Variants and Pandemics, and too little other human beings who weren’t his immediate family. It was true, he had twitched at bit at the mere mention of the word pandemic by Fitz, but he hadn’t let it show. He was too refreshed, too awake. Too Still Alive.

“This is like, crack! But fresh air! So it’s good for you crack. The crack cocaine of human contact.”

He stopped spinning, eyes laid on Fitz. Tall, pale, wearing a skirt, all casual like. Not conventional. Kind of cute, but in a not-traditionally-cute way. Like a chihuahua with crazy eyes that was six foot tall. He could vibe with that. Maybe he’d draw a fursona of Fitz as that. Later.

“Oh my fucking god, Fitz, c’mere!” he ordered, throwing himself around Fitz in a hug before the latter could say a word. He didn’t care that they did not know each other at all, or whether or not Fitz was actually a hugging type. Teddie had just missed human contact so freakin’ much, he couldn’t go more than two seconds without seeing a familiar(ish) face that he wanted to wrap his arms around them and never let go.

“We did it man, we made it!”
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Treatin’ you good, then. Cool.”

That was about as far as Fitz got before Teddie, in his bold and dramatic fashion, flung himself around Fitz. The hug wasn’t immediately returned, though that was primarily because Fitz was still wearing rollerblades and the weight made his feet shift enough that he nearly went rolling down the hill again. Taking them both into the path of a car would be a moment ruiner.

But once Fitz’s feet were in place, he returned the hug. Perhaps not with as much intense fervor, just because that wasn’t his style, but tight. With a slightly wider grin than his earlier, sleepy smile.

See, Fitz thought he’d dealt with the lack of social contact pretty well. In some ways, not having to be around people was relaxing. Then something like a guy he barely knew flinging himself around Fitz reminded him that, oh right, human contact was nice. All warm and squeezy and coming from a cheery, pretty dude. It was one of those things that Fitz hadn’t realised he missed until it was back.

“Made it. That’s definitely worthy of, y’know, confetti in the streets and all.” Well, apart from all the aftermath of the potential wars and Big Pharma and all that other stuff that COVID had only helped. ...But whatever. Tomorrow.

Though there was a slight today issue.

Fitz was a teenaged boy who had just gotten out of an extended COVID lockdown, and he’d received a very warm, tight hug from a pretty guy. Which meant… yeah. Like, reactions were expected and understandable, y’know? The genius of skirts was that they hid it much better than bike shorts. The other guys needed to get on Fitz’s level.

Now, when was it appropriate to let go of a hug that he’d gotten a little too into? Now? Teddie hadn’t let go of him. Fitz considered this, his expression one of mild puzzlement and the faintest tinge of pink. He hadn’t let go yet.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie continued squeezing Fitz, smiling with bliss as he hugged his new cuddle bug. Holy shit had he missed things like this. He could feel Fitz’s feet shifting under their weight on his wheels, but he held tight to keep them in place. Really, he could’ve held on forever.

It wasn't just that, though. He was close enough that he could smell Fitz’s scent, which he had to resist the temptation to take a strong whiff of. They were out in public, and this was just a friendly hug. No need to get all skeevy about it Teddie, though he couldn’t deny that Fitz was a cute crazy-eyed chihuahua. As his hands gripped Fitz’s sides, his fingers lingered for just a second on the groove of his ribs. Their torsos pressed into each other, and Teddie could've sworn he felt something else pressing back into him.

OK, stop Teddie. Bit too much. Cool it down, man.

He finally released the just-a-friendly-hug, his own face now also tinged pink on that hot summer day. Turns out that Fitz wasn’t the only one who could overreact to the simplest of human contact after going so long without it. He shifted slightly on the spot, fumbling with his white polo shirt a little as if that wouldn’t draw more attention to it, but the shorts he was wearing did little to hide anything compared to Fitz’s breezy skirt. He was not on the same level, after all.

“Haha, sorry man.” he grinned, rubbing the back of his neck as both a gesture of awkwardness and to try to bring Fitz’s eye level back up to his. “Guess it’s been so long since I last had a hug like that. Got a little too into it.”
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Teddie was still hugging, so Fitz had decided to just kind of chill there. If the guy who initiated the hug was still going, it was fine to enjoy it. Or something. Nice and warm. Slight poke. Okay, okay, okay. Keep it chill.

And okay, hug over. Teddie had let go. He was pink, and he was tugging his shirt down—ah, okay, Fitz should look upwards—and saying something about getting too into it, which, you know, real talk.

“No big deal. Just… y’know, two guys hugging and celebrating. That’s what people do, like… the bad thing is over, and then the confetti, and then people make out with strangers and it ends up as a historic photo.”

Fitz’s mouth was a little ahead of his brain, and as the words caught up he scratched the back of his neck, still slightly pink in the face, though otherwise holding it together fairly well.

Truth be told, he wasn’t much of a flirter. He wasn’t even sure if that’s what he was going for. But if you couldn’t post-pandemic with a guy who’s very into getting touchy, when can you? And there was a lot to be said about keeping things casual but, like, a little bit wink-wink. It meant less disappointment down the road than if it was built up too much.

Eh, what was the worst that could happen?

“I’m into dudes,” Fitz blurted. “Not, like, exclusively, but… y’know.”

That was more subtle in his head. Oh well.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

“Oh, me too!” Teddie replied with a wide smile. “Not like exclusively either, but yeah, I’m down!”

Fitz had mentioned making out first, and now he was stating that he was into guys. Good news Teddie: you were not getting ahead of yourself. If this wasn’t a go-for-it signal, then nothing was.

The more he looked at Fitz, especially now that he had made it clear that he swung that way, the more interesting he looked to Teddie. Funny, but with a quirky personality behind it. What sort of stuff was he into, besides rollerblading, wearing skirts and something something shoes-windows? And what was with the skirt? Was he gender fluid? Trans? They? She? That was cool, he was cool with that. But he wanted to know the deets. He wanted to know Fitz.

He was almost bouncing on the spot at this point, giving Fitz a coy smile all the time. His fidgeting was both because he was getting excited at the prospect of a date, and because he was already excited and it was becoming a bit distracting.

Back before lockdown, he had dated people quite regularly, and gotten physical a few times. The experience of finding a new partner, finding out about them, getting to know them completely, god that was the thing he’d missed the most. Sure he’d done some camera and sexting stuff, but after just a few days he’d lost all interest. He wanted to be there with them, to really be with them. Faces and other parts on screens just weren’t the same.

“So I’m not doing anything else today if you want to go hang out somewhere? First date after the pandemic; have a good time? That is, if I'm your type.” he said with a bashful wink-wink, but he felt no real shyness. This was not new territory for him, and he could smoothly step back into it with nary a pause.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Fitz was, somehow, nailing this.

But there was always a point where Fitz, usually, stopped nailing things and it was when the conversation got longer than two minutes. They had to be hitting that point soon. Maybe this would be different. Or maybe it wouldn’t.

Fitz briefly contemplated Teddie’s question, and the ensuing wink, now that he wasn’t caught up in the euphoria of the hug. Physically, yeah. All about it. Heart-shaped face, pretty auburn hair, lotta boyish good looks and all that. Sunshine coming right out of his face. Fitz liked that. He didn’t know a lot about Teddie besides that, apart from that he dressed in a dog costume sometimes.

Hey, though, maybe Fitz was being pessimistic.

“Sure, I’m down.” Fitz slid a little down the hill on his rollerblades before he said, “I should put some real shoes on, though. I doubt you want to be running behind me the whole way.” He gave a grin. “I’m sure you could, but it’d be a little exhausting. Then we can, I dunno… Essex Street or something? Or the museum? I know my way around there.”

Fitz did a little idle, clumsy turn on the rollerblades. Thinking for just a moment.

“You want to come to my bedroom and look at my haunted dolls, while I remember where I left my shoes?”
[+] V8

[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

“I love the museum! Essex Street would be cool too! I bet it’s really crowded right now.” Teddie replied, with a mixture of some sincerity and growing exictement. Part of it was just going along with what Fitz suggested, because at this point he’d go to a freaking sewing circle for a first date after being cooped up so long. He did love art though, and the museum was full of it. Not his sort of art, which pertained much more to cartoon characters and animals than boats and pioneers, but art none the less. Essex Street, in comparison, was probably more his scene, especially if it was packed with socially non-distant shoulder-to-shoulder people. Good pitches, Fitz.

This was turning into a very fun day very quickly. He was feeling giddier by the moment, like a small child about to go to the carnival. He smiled at Fitz in eager anticipation while he had his little think, taking another moment to check him out, evaluating him, wondering how long they could go on as a couple. He was sweet enough to ask him out, and had good taste in dating spots. That was good boyfriend material right there, and there was no good reason to question otherwise.

The next question took him by surprise, but it was not unwelcome.

“Oh! Your bedroom? Sure, that’s cool. Yeah, sounds good.” he said, turning just a slightly fainter shade of pink. Truthfully he had almost missed the second half of the offer, as this was skipping over a date and getting intimate pretty fast. Not that he minded! Though he wasn’t going to make Fitz do anything, and maybe they really were just going to his bedroom to change his shoes, but you know. They would be there. They both had boners right now, he was pretty sure. Just saying.

“Let’s go!” he declared, pointing the double guns in a random direction which Fitz’s house may or may not have been in.

Really though, he was probably joking about the dolls. Right?
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Okay, he was down for museums and Essex Street. Good start. Maybe he wouldn’t mind if Fitz just unloading all the weird shit he’d learned from his dad during tours of the various places in the area. And Fitz could see if he knew anything himself, if he could unload any weird knowledge of his own. Sometimes Fitz zoned off, but it was cool when people knew things about stuff.

If they stayed in the bedroom, that was fine, too. But, like, either was fine.

“Okay. It’s just down the road, third-floor apartment.” Fitz rolled slightly ahead towards the building in question, which Teddie had finger-gunned in the opposite direction of.

The apartment in question had a quaint, somewhat old-fashioned brick look, and the apartment in question was messy and lived in. Not far from the entrance was an opening that led into the kitchen, where Fitz’s mother was mostly just a mess of blonde hair barely visible over a stack of school books and papers, as well as a laptop, the papers relating to the incoming college semester.

“Just getting my shoes, here’s Teddie, he’s a dude probably, we’re going on a date, bye,” Fitz said quickly as he passed by the kitchen and beelined for his room. He thought he heard a confirmation, but he didn’t pay much attention.

Instead, he flung open his door and muttered, “Now, where did I put them...” He left the door open for Teddie to follow inside.

Fitz set about pushing various piles of clothing or papers aside, looking for his shoes. There were books and scribble-covered paper everywhere, and a corkboard of photos nearby. The conspiracy board was classic, and if his mom’s occupation as a IT/cybersecurity professor had taught him one thing… it was that anything on his computer could probably be grabbed by anyone, but it was harder to grab physical paper. Also, there was just drama to the corkboard that computers didn’t have.

The biggest stand-out was probably the dolls, though. Even the briefest glance at the room would give away the fact that Fitz had not been joking. And there was limited shelf space in his room, so thirty or so dolls—many of them cheap, but with quirky designs or significant damage, though there were a few that were legitimately valuable—were crammed together on some shelves right by the bed. An audience of plastic or porcelain faces, all staring at the bed as one. Barring the ones with missing or askew eyes.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

Fitz’s apartment was a cute little spot. He was lucky enough to live in a full-sized house himself, but Fitz's place had a good charm to it. In some ways he felt he'd prefer an apartment if he had the choice, but maybe that was because he'd been cooped up in the same house for over a year? He caught a brief glimpse of who he guessed what his mom, whom seemed nonchalant about Fitz dating another dude. That was also cool. Good signs so far.

He lingered a moment behind Fitz to wave and smile at his mom, to be polite and make a bit of small talk, but she only seemed to offer him a brief acknowledgement before being pulled back into her work. After a moment longer, with no signs of further conversation, he followed Fitz down the hallway. The doorway was left wide open for him, beckoning.

He hadn’t really known what to expect.

Teddie wouldn’t claim to be the neatest guy himself; he had enough sketchbooks strewn about his room that it took him a good ten minutes to find what he was looking for a lot of the time. But it was small potatoes in comparison to this mess. Another fun thing he was learning about Fitz.

“Sooo your room seems...cooooool.” he trailed, floating about the space. He fussed with a few papers, briefly tried to make sense of the conspiracy board, before finally taking a seat on the bed. The dolls were watching him. He tried to avoid eye contact. It did not help.

“Sooooo your dolls seem...cooooooooool.”

Not the word he was looking for, but he had to mind what he said. His survival instinct was kicking in and warning him that if he didn’t, he’d wake up tied to the bed with Little Redhead Annie over there holding a knife above his face. 'You should've been nice to us!' she'd say in a high-pitched innocent murder-voice.

This was fine. This was still going to be a good date. Yeah.

Oh god, that one definitely just winked at him.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“They’re pretty cool,” Fitz said, still looking down at the floor.

He should really tidy up, but COVID hadn’t helped his habits at all. At least it wasn’t, y’know, sticky or anything. Although—Fitz picked up an energy drink can that was sitting on the floor near his desk and shook it slightly, grimacing at the sloshing sound. Aw man, wasted like a whole half-can, he couldn’t drink that now. Could he? No, not in front of people, that’s just kinda gross. He put it on the desk in view so he’d remember to throw it out before tracking down his shoes underneath a hoodie.

Fitz trotted over to the bed and sat on it with a squeak to pull his shoes on. He could see that Teddie was averting his eyes from them a little.

“It’s cool, the dolls won’t hurt you if you, like, respect them. I talk to them nice and they hardly ever move.”

Okay, yes, sometimes Fitz just picked them up and left them in his brother’s room to freak him out. But sometimes he thought they changed places. Maybe he just wasn’t remembering where he put them, that was true.

“Although maybe I should, like, say something. If one of them tried to choke me in my sleep Annabelle-style I think that’d be pretty cool,” Fitz said mildly. “I’d probably expect it out of Bernadette.”

He gestured at a doll that was somewhat set apart from some of the others, albeit only by a couple of inches. The dress was a little faded, but fancy—French, accurate to the region of Savoie. Blonde hair, blue inset eyes and delicate painting on the face. This one was one of the few in Fitz’s collection that was actually pretty valuable, but the fadedness of the dress had knocked it down to somewhat affordable—though it had still taken a chunk of Fitz’s money.

Fitz had tried his scientific ‘duck duck goose’ test on it, and he swore he got some strong vibes from Bernadette. But no proof. Yet.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Slam

Post by Slam »

“OK great…” Teddie muttered, continuing to avert his eyes from the obviously evil murder-dolls. If this was a movie, he’d stick Bernadette under a bed or something after insulting her to her face. And then he’d be dead by the morning.

Teddie did not enjoy horror movies, as a matter of fact. Jump scares in general made him very jittery, but even the more subtle horror movies just freaked him out with the general impending dread. Teddie wondered if Fitz enjoyed horror movi- Well, duh. Look at his room.

He sat there for the moment as Fitz adjusted his shoes. They were close. Teddie scooched over to be even closer. His shoulder brushed up against Fitz’s. It made him feel a little giddy, even if there was an audience. Probably best not to think about that. If Fitz wasn’t working on his footwear, Teddie would’ve made a reach for his hand, but instead he settled for just sitting in his company. It was a very warming feeling.

Normally, or at least what was normal before the lockdown, in such situations Teddie would propose they just forget about going to the town and make out. After all, Fitz had invited him into his bedroom in the first place, and it had been far too long since Teddie had gotten to make out with anyone. Especially not someone as cute in that crazy-chihuahua way as Fitz.

But while his mom was probably far away enough that it would be cool, his other moms and dads were right there. And good lord, they did not look approving. Between the dead eyes, the burned faces and the obvious murderous intent, they did not make for romantic spectators.

He was torn between his survival instinct and his horny instinct. Only one would prevail.

“So thanks for asking me out on a date. And back to your room.” he said, looking upwards at Fitz as he tilted his head closer. “Do you think we could, I don’t know…”

Come back later? Just fool around now? Teddie was not too patient in this department, it turned out, after all this time being denied the tender embrace of another.

“But you know, only if you want to.” he continued, shifting back slightly so as to give Fitz a bit more space. There was no reason to rush, and he didn’t want to freak Fitz out by going too fast. They could go on a nice day out and take it from there.

Plus, again, the fucking dolls.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Was Teddie implying what Fitz thought he was implying? Was romance, or the more physical version of it, always this easy? Or was Fitz making assumptions because he knew Teddie could be a little free with his affections?

Fitz tilted his head, making eye contact for a long, tense moment as he tried to discern the full intent. Those were… eyes? Only if Fitz wanted to? That was, uh, sexy intent, right? Or at least first base somewhere, maybe?

Fitz looked away quickly, thinking about it, pink in the face, before he grinned.

“I’ll turn the dolls around?” he offered sheepishly.

Even Fitz didn’t really like the idea of a small audience of dolls watching him get personal with someone. Not that it really affected anything, depending on what you believed about haunted dolls. He’d read somewhere that dolls actually weren’t able to be possessed, and that it was just demons puppeteering them rather than inhabiting them—perhaps barring ones who’d been invited to live in the doll like the famous Annabelle—and that would mean there were potentially malevolent spirits watching no matter which way he turned those dolls, but it was kind of all about which spooky science you believed.

Without waiting for a response, Fitz knelt on his bed and reached for the shelves, starting to rearrange his dolls so that they were facing away from him. It wasn’t optimal for balance. A solid knock on the wall would probably topple a couple of them over.

He’d worry about it when it happened. Except for Bernadette, who was too valuable to end up cracked by a short fall. When he reached her, he instead retrieved her and tucked her just under the bed. Bernadette glared at him accusingly.

“Don’t give me that look,” Fitz said sternly, returning a mildly disappointed stare in her direction before popping back up and shifting back next to Teddie with a happy bounce.

“Alright, uh… eyes averted. I’m good with whatever?” Fitz said brightly.
[+] V8

[+] V9

Return to “Memories from the Past”