The Albion Girl Always Gets Her Way!

Open; Dani's Halloween Party

The Greater Boston Area plays host to numerous festivals throughout the year, from Pride marches to marathons to sporting events; this is the place for those and other specific events, public or personal. Other threads that take place within the Salem city limits but not in any other specified location also belong here. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Empty Starbucks cup to look fashionably late? Check.

Obligatory lampshade, worn on head? Check.

Halloween Drip? Of course! He'd be Robert Pattinson up in this bitch.

((Lúcio Oliveira had arrived, courtesy of his girlfriend's mandate.))

Lúcio turned the knob on the door leading into the part of the house that he knew Aracelis and Molly were lurking in (thanks for the tip, Dani), and raised a foot up to kick the door in dramatically. For a moment, he held it there, considering the possibility that he might bash some poor idiot's head in if he kicked it in too hard. Only for a moment, though, because he had money for hospital bills, and besides, his antics usually only injured himself.

His foot shot forward, the door crashing open as he rushed into the door frame (thank God above nobody was in the way). He started to shout, "HEY HOW ALL MY LADIES DOIN-" before the door, unbeknownst to him, rebounded directly into his face, crumpling the lampshade into the bridge of his nose and sending him reeling back and onto his ass.

Without missing a beat, he dropped into a "draw me like one of your French girls" pose and shot a finger gun in the vague direction of where he thought Aracelis and Molly were.

"Hey, uh, what's up? Ari? Molly?" he shouted, trying to ignore the pain in his nose and ass. "I can't really see through this thing so if someone could come over here, that would be appreciated!"

Hopefully they'd like the vampire outfit. He rushed to get it together and it wasn't all that creative, but damn did he look good (if he said so himself, which he did).
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Politic-related memes weren’t really Molly’s wheelhouse. She was sure it was funny with more knowledge, but like politics were just so depressing?

“Yeah, you run out of air at any point, me and Stormy will pistol whip you out of there. Besides, no drinking at a party? C'mon, man.” What was Salem even going to do at the party if he couldn’t eat, drink, look at the costumes, and would probably collapse on the dance floor?

Her phone was really buzzing. Molly reached into her pouch and switched it to mute without looking at it. No time for phones when there was dancing to be had.

“Well, I’d hate to steal the first dance from Lúcio but--” Molly started brightly.

Crash.

“Ah, there he is.”

Weird headwear was the accidental theme of Dani’s party. Well, Molly and Stormy got there first, so that made Stormy’s hat a trendsetter instead of a mistake?

“Lampshade to protect from the sun? Revolutionary.” Molly gripped Lúcio under the arms and lifted him up, turning him to direct his pointing better at Aracelis rather than the ‘off by a couple of feet’ direction he’d had. “I’m stealing your girl for a dance, bet you’re too blind to stop me.”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"I pregamed as needed with Ash, no worries on the drinking part. I'll take Senator Obama here off when it's time for round two." Salem was getting into a good flow with the conversation and could almost breathe normally, all probably helped by the fact that Ara had checked out after the epic beat down that was mid-2000s electoral politics. "Dude, Stormy, with my white boy ass dancing? I need a chaperone even if I don't have my vision severely obstru-"

Salem didn't even flinch when the door went down, but that was honestly because he was a bit slow to the take. Unlike Ash, anyways he didn't by default presume every tiny unknown noise was about to assassinate him. Salem recognized the voice almost instantly- there was a history there a bit more valuable than the usual JEM NPC that Salem casually befriended.

Lúcio with the aesthetics as usual. The only one among their number who wasn't a coward and would pay off whatever property damage Dani's fuck-off rich father sued his ass for.

"Yo, Lúcio. If your girlfriend gets stolen by Molly I got your back. We'll bro it up on the dance floor- blind leading the blind is what's up."
backslash

Post by backslash »

"You're already spoken for, remember?" Stormy couldn't help teasing as he looped his arm into Salem's. It was for Salem's safety more than anything else. He was more coordinated than he was giving himself credit for, but that was when he wasn't top-heavy and blind. Molly split to go collect Lúcio, so Stormy figured they were dividing up chaperon duty now that there were two blind and dangerous dudes in their midst.

Or Molly was just going to ditch Lúcio in favor of Ara, and Stormy would be herding both him and Salem around. He didn't mind, they were both cool guys and vibing in a group was definitely his speed. The group pictures from tonight were going to be incredible, he could already tell.

"Oh- where is Ash, anyhow? Though I guess you wouldn't know if she didn't say, since, uh... pyramid." Stormy had seen her tag Salem in the group chat in response to Aracelis's text, and he'd cringed but he wasn't going to say anything about it if nobody else was. Knowing Salem, he'd probably shrug it off and the costume seemed intentionally weird, anyway. Salem was a good sport like that.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Right on cue, her man made a grand entrance into the party. She was glad he was there, what was the point of dating someone so handsome if you couldn't show them off. Unfortunately, Lúcio had decided to wear a lampshade to the party which spoiled the effect somewhat. But she couldn't help smiling at him as he lay across the floor. Taking another sip of her drink she strode forward and ran a hand across his arm once Molly had got him back up.

"Yeah, sorry but you were too slow," She said with a grin, "Molly has first dance now."

She stepped forward a little closer and went up on her toes before continuing with a whisper.

"Got plenty of time though."

Sitting back down on her feet Aracelis gave a small laugh at Salem's joke despite herself. Sometimes he could be funny. Searching around for a safe space to leave her bottle of rum, she settled on hiding it behind a bottle of Jack. Then she returned to the others and reached out to take Molly's hand.

"You ready to go dance?" She asked with a smile, then offered her cup up, "Or want a drink first?"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Molly was always good at lifting his spirits, along with quite literally lifting him off of the ground.

Lúcio grabbed the lampshade off of his head and tossed it aside just after Ari finished whispering into his ear. He had forgotten which lamp he had nicked it from, and wasn't about to go back and return it. He was sure someone would figure it out and put it back where it belonged. If not, well, Dani's parents could definitely afford to replace it, and so could his.

"Damn that sucks, but I guess if anyone's gonna steal my girl, Molly's a good candidate."

He gave his sister a wink.

"Yeah man," he replied to Salem, "let's bro it up on the dancefloor! And if Ash doesn't break me over her knee for it, that's a bonus!"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

“Alas, my charms have overcome yours. Those charms being ‘getting here first and not having a lamp on my head obscuring my amazing good looks,’ you know?” Molly beamed back at Lúcio.

“Oh, I’ll have, like, a little bit?” Molly swiped the cup from Aracelis’ hand, had just a little sip—oof, too rummy, she could taste the booze too well—before wrinkling her nose a little and handing it back. “Ah, I don’t want to get drunk too quick, I’m a total lightweight? And I’m hype to dance! I’m sure other drink will wait? Well, probably, there’s a looooot of people around? But how long’s a song take, three minutes?

“Well, Stormy, have fun with the Headwear Crew, make sure they don’t trip over a table and break all the everything?” Molly clapped her hands on his shoulders as she slipped past him. “I’ll be back~”

With that, she grabbed Aracelis around the waist and heaved her up in a bear hug, attempting to carry her, drink and all, towards the dance floor. “C’mon, Jason! Off we go!”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
[+] V9

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"Man. Not gonna share, babe?" Salem would have cuddled Stormy at that moment for the bantz (some homo, not a lot), but somehow even when literally arm-in-arm it was difficult to get a clear sense of where his bud was, exactly. As far as Salem could make sense of the world around him he could have leaned over with girlish intent and propelled himself into the loving embrace of thin air.

"But yeah Ash is here too... somewhere. Look out for a pyramid on her head too but it's a less obscure kind of reference. We walked because designated driving is low energy." He could hear Lúcio but unfortunately couldn't see, the blind groping about for the third part of their throuple (polyamory in 2021, more likely than you'd think) was fairly limited in scope because Salem's mental visualization of time and space around him was a cat in a giant box- for all he knew the awkward thrusting about of his hand would land on a target that'd get him curbstomped. "Ash will probably be too drunk by nights end to kill you, so you're in the clear Lúcio. Shoot your shot."

Other variant of throwaway line: 'she'd be happy if I got scooped up by you so she can go find some hot girl to take my place'. An interpretation of motive significantly compatible with reality.

"Alright, let's go girls. Du-duh-duh-duh-du-du." That being the part where Salem started strutting into the wild unknown with ample amounts of hip sashay but he was still mostly restrained by Stormy so it was more of a moonwalking in place.
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Do-do do-do-do do-do," Stormy dutifully hummed along with Salem's impromptu musical number, also dutifully keeping him from sauntering off right into a wall. He held his other arm out to Lúcio, grinning.

"Pick a side, either Salem gets two dates or I do." Actually any way you sliced that, one of them would be getting three dates, maybe? Since Salem had come with Ash and now Stormy had his arm, Lúcio taking him up would be three. And Lúcio had come with Ara, and Stormy had come with Molly, except he wasn't sure that counted as a date.

Did it? They hadn't discussed anything particularly date-like and even if Stormy was kind of, uhhhhh. Interested. You know. He didn't think he could just declare it a date if they'd started out just going to a thing as friends.

Fortunately, all of Salem's swaying dislodged Stormy's hat once more, and he had to grab for it, saving him from thinking too hard about all of that before smoke could start coming out of his ears.

"Come on, come on," he said, replacing the hat and trying to pull it down more firmly on his head. "The girls are gonna leave us behind."
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Aracelis giggled as Molly scrunched her face up after having a taste of her drink. There may have been a lot of rum in it but that was the Cuban way. Although if Molly thought it was too strong that probably wasn't a good sign for Aracelis. Since Molly was a lot bigger than she was. But it was too late for that now. She had already mixed the drink and she wasn't going to waste good rum.

But before she could do anything else Molly picked her up by the waist.

"Hey!" She yelped in surprise, solo cup crunching in a sudden death grip. Luckily no liquid was spilled.

Her first instinct was anger but Aracelis managed to hold it down. Instead, she merely pouted in annoyance as she carried to the dance floor.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"Guess Salem's drawing the short straw today!"

Lúcio took Stormy's hand, and rather than letting himself get dragged to the dance floor, he dragged them along with him, sashaying his way down to make sure that anyone following behind him got a great view of his ass. He had never skipped leg day at the body improvement club, and it was sculpted to perfection.

Once they got close to the dancing and chaos, Lúcio relinquished Stormy and took position on the floor.

"Lemme show you all how to disco!"

Lúcio, despite his best efforts, did not know how to dance. Nonetheless, that wouldn't stop him from making a fool of himself.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Molly cackled happily as she swung Aracelis around with ease before placing her down where the dancing was happening, doing a happy little sashay backwards to give Aracelis some room again.

“Didn’t spill anything? Sorry, I forgot about the drink? Anywayyy--”

Molly could dance, a little. She could follow cheerleader routines no problem. But, really, who wanted to think about steps and stuff when they were just vibing? The moves she did with her arms were flaily, akin to that weird little dance the game about the sexy vampires had going on in it.

“C’mon! Before Lúcio swoops in all charming-like and pulls you away again!”

As she did her flaily, cheery dance, moooostly carefree… she kept an eye out for Dani, her eyes scanning the room quickly. She’d go find Dani on purpose later, when Aracelis and Lúcio were getting all mushy and couply probably? But right now the goal was keeping Aracelis and Dani out of each other’s sight, or it’d get… well… the texts in the group chat were bad enough?
[+] V8

[+] V9

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"Short straw? Daaaamn, the Stormy diss track." Salem was pinged, in the spine and downwards, that Lúcio's fine ass (increasing amounts of homo) was being very well used somewhere in his vicinity and yet he couldn't bear witness. A true tragedy. Like come on, you could bounce a nuclear warhead off the damn thing, let alone a quarter or whatever the measure of butt firmness was this day and age. It just... begged to be held...

Salem's brain did go this sort of place on the regular, he was unashamed. Just as unashamed as he was as he took his spot on the dance floor, pulling out his best embarrassing white boy dance. Just for a moment, just for the bantz, before he actually did something that wasn't radioactive to look at.

Look like a babe, dance like a babe. Ash did like it when he rolled his waist like that. Ooh, bellydancing classes. It'd fit the aesthetic, maybe someday when he wasn't so busy with living in a society...

] Salem's party experience was generally pleasant from then on. Continued elsewhere. [

Return to “Events/Other”