Making A General Racket

PM For Entry. Pretty much immediately after Dissolve.

Following their rescue the survivors of the senior class of the John Endecott Memorial Academy have been taken back to Joint Branch Lewis-McChord on mainland US soil. This large base is located in Tacoma, Washington and is the only base the Army can mobilize from west of the Rockies. The students are being kept in their own wing of the base where they are provided with medical care, food, clothes, and many other items if they request them. Access to the survivors is strictly monitored and controlled by Interpol and the Army. Only people who have been granted special clearance and highly trusted soldiers acting as guards able to access the building.

The building that the students have been placed in has been specially setup to house them. There is a medical ward for students who are recuperating as well as individual rooms for those who no longer need direct medical assistance. Meals are cooked for the students on site and brought to them at designated breakfast, lunch and dinner times. There is also a recreation space within the building for the students to relax in. Students are also allowed outside to walk the grounds, although this is only allowed at specific times and within a specific designated area.

One notable precaution that has been taken is that the students have only been provided with plastic cutlery, out of a concern that any disputes may become violent.

Please note that only handlers who had a character survive the events of V8 are able to post in this forum. If you would like to take part in the events of the V8 Aftermath but do not have a surviving character please use the Back Home forum.
ViolentMedic

Making A General Racket

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Marshall West continued from Dissolve.))

Checking on classmates wasn’t going so well.

Some people were still unconscious, and yet more were deliberately not answering the door. Whether they were tired or just ignoring him, Marshall wasn't sure. But he could try again tomorrow. Marshall had only just learned the meaning of the word quit on the island, and wasn’t ready to put the idea into practice yet. And they might change their minds, once the dust had settled.

He did need to try and check on Juanita--there were extra obligations there--but there were other rooms that were closer. It had nothing to do with not knowing what to expect regarding her. Out of those who had killed more than twice, Juanita was the only one he hadn’t seen on island at all, except for a glimpse of her getting onto the boats during the rescue.

No, it was definitely efficiency.

He knocked on the next door, after getting a confirmation from the (reluctant) guard that the occupant was awake and relatively healthy.

This time, he was allowed in pretty quickly. Maybe because Amy Chen hadn’t been on the announcements at all, and didn’t have to fear Marshall’s judgemental tendencies. (Maybe he should add onto his knocking a confirmation that, right now, judgement was too tiring a concept.)

In he went, IV wheels squeaking alongside his already loud footsteps.

“Good morning! How are you faring?”
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Amy yawned, her arms flying high in a full-body stretch. She found it kind of funny that sh didn't panic. She should panic, really. But there were no residual survival instints.

After a few seconds, she shrugged. “Well, I’m alive,” she laughed. “But I’m doing fine! Really!”

Two pats on the bed, gesturing at the boy to sit down. “I’m hoarding snacks. Do you want some? These are all, like, hospital-level food, so not the best, but it's nice. I wish I could keep the gelato. The gelato's nice.

"If you want to talk about what happened, I'm afrid I'm not your best choice of conversation partner, but... who cares. We're alive. Isn't that nice? Wow, it's so good to have sugar again. They'll pry the pudding away from my cold, dead fingers. Bad choice of words.

Sorry, it's just..."

What would the mind-healers on Aecor think? They were the spiritualist type, always seeing things as a sickness of the soul. She didn't know how to act, but she did know how the priestesses would.

"Anyways."
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Marshall’s smile flickered at Amy’s bad choice of words.

“It’s… alright.” He brightened up. “Oh, hold on! I’ll be right back.”

Marshall turned around and vanished, the wheels squeaking back down the hall towards his room. It gave him a moment to compose himself, and it wasn’t long before he was back with his still-sealed pudding cup.

“Here. I didn’t eat mine.”

His stomach hadn’t known how to handle regular food. He hadn’t been much for sugar even before the island – he thought eating it now might put him in shock. Anything with flavour had been too much after so much stale bread and flavourless bars. And he hadn’t been able to drink the water until it was room temperature – when it was cold, touching it had been too much.

He took a seat on the bed where Amy had patted it, holding the pudding out for her to take.

“It’s fine! I’ve never been good at conversing! Lots of wrong words at wrong times, or saying them too loud and making people cry. I just thought I’d check in and see if you needed anything. Maybe more pudding cups if they give me any.”

Marshall beamed, but he quickly looked away.

“I’m glad you can be positive. ...It really is nice. Being alive… and all that.”

It was a simple thought. Somehow not one that had occurred to Marshall yet. It was all about how to use it. Not how nice it was to have it.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb

Return to “The Military Base”