Y'all Know Why I'm Here

Chad Kids, two of 'em

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Buko

Y'all Know Why I'm Here

Post by Buko »

Zora Morrison
-Looking for writing partners, someone to feel jealous about and mack backhanded compliments to. Zora takes a lot of solace in her identity as a writer and that she's a really good writer atop that--a peer to challenge that perspective and foster both admiration and resentment fits into what I want to say with this girl.
-Crushes, boys that have rejected Zora either politely or impolitely, she is kind of a smart mouth and very smol but her crushes tend to be a bit ditzy, least in my mind. If you have an idea and you think she'd fit nicely we can work something out! Zora struggles in areas of romance but she is a romantic, I'd like to have a few boys and maybe a girl or a NB homie that have entered her mind as a daydream or possibility. This is as serious or as casual as we like!
-Verbal bully, potential victims or people who have experienced embarrassing moments that Zora took advantage of and mocked.
-People who have bullied and mocked Zora, she can't get a date and is kinda an asshole, she can dish out insults but gets moody and cannot take them.
-Just general casual relationships, classmates and childhood acquaintances.

Big "Dick" Buster

-Looking for former girlfriends, Dick gets around (ayo) but is generally chaste and goes on the pace of the laaaaaaaaaaaady. Any break up can mostly be amicable and initiated by Richard or the lady depending on the dynamic. Dicky is supposed to be sorta the Big Man on Campus kinda guy but he doesn't like to work too hard or make himself look too vulnerable. I'd like for more backstory instances of that to be cemented! He's also kinda an arrogant guy with a big Napoleon Complex and so that may be something you're interested in!
-I feel good on rivals that I've established in pre-game--but I would like more friends and casual relationships. Former study partners, people who were boy scouts with Richard or took Piano with him in Elementary. I think we can get a lot of mileage out of small relationships and connections when stakes are raised. I'd like for that to be given more weight.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Lulu:

Donovan enjoys rap music and would probably want to acquire weed. He's probably listened to some of her music out of curiosity.

Richard:

Donovan also enjoys playing basketball and probably has a bit of respect for Dick. He's also a troublemaker sort who likes going to parties.

Abhishek would probably try to get a rise out of him on social media and call him a liberal for not being on board with Pol Pot like Abhi (ironically) claims to be.
[+] PRESENT
V8 — THE DEAD OF WINTER
Relationship Thread

🕇 S021: Corbin Azinger is viewing the world in black and white — "I had shit to work towards, once. I had a future, I had dreams. I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here." [Adopted by AlmostInhuman]

“Someone who is determined to disbelieve something can manage to disregard an Everest of evidence for it.” - George Will

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Intention.

S031: Abhishek Panicker is leading a revolution of his own — "After all, you know me better than anyone else ever did. I'd like to keep my secrets, you know? Let them all wonder. It's more fun that way."

“The distinguishing mark of man is the hand, the instrument with which he does all his mischief.” - George Orwell

Pregame: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ideology.

S043: Donovan Lauer is dreaming about his victory — "I just wanted to be a winner. That's all I ever wanted—to win something for once, just once, in my life. I was tired of losing. I was tired of being a loser."

“Tex looks at me and says 'There's no 'I' in team!' I looked at Tex and say, 'There's not, but there's an 'I' in win!'” - Michael Jordan

Pregame: 1
The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Initiative.

S061: Alexander Hawthorne is trying to put his life together — "I am not afraid anymore. Because now, there is nothing—absolutely nothing—left in this life for me to be afraid of; there is nothing left for me to lose." [Adopted from Salic]

“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity.” - Phillip K. Dick

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Industry.

S091: Claire Haig is thinking about her life story — "Because, in spite of everything, there's still a part of me that wants to believe. ... To believe that there's still something human left behind when you take our masks away. That, beneath the skin, we're not just monsters."

“The world, that understandable and lawful world, was slipping away.” - William Golding

The Game: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

Identity.

MEANWHILE — THE CITY OF GHOSTS

██/██/████
[+] FUTURE
V9:

⛼ Damien Vásquez — “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.” - Joseph Conrad

⬤ Rohan Sen — “Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” - Henry David Thoreau

≋ Isaac Kea — “The word impossible has been and must remain deleted from our dictionary.” – Ingvar Kamprad

BEYOND:

∎ William Springfield — “There is nothing more remorseless, just as there is nothing more helpful, than truth.” - William C. Redfield

★ Simon Chase — “What I have done up to this is nothing. I am only at the beginning of the course I must run.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

✠ Harvey Gallant — “It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph." - Jacques de Molay

👁 Koda Silver — “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein

◓ Edgar Clause — “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” - George S. Patton

☧ Adam Angelo — “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed” - The Bible, John 3:20

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Relationship thread kinda shit:

Lulu: Unfortunately Gabrielle might have some beef just because she doesn’t like soundcloud rappers or stoners or anyone who has ever had any fun, ever. And teen moms. And- OK you got it. I mean it’s not like I want a rivalry or anything but if you want someone to judge her, I’ve got it. Also, my girl Betty also has you covered when it comes to, like, transactional relationships. Like maybe they’ve got a bit of a shallow friendship or something? And Isaiah, who she might have flirted with (which might be reciprocated, albeit not really seriously) but he doesn’t really chase after people that much.

Buster: Parties! Ren and Isaiah would be there. I think most of my kids would get decently along with yours. Isaiah's also politically active, in a vague sorta way, so there's that too.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

One, I don't know what if anything you'd want to do with Izzy or my boy who has yet to be Revealed so that's your call.

Two, I want to bully you into Lulu making a rap video because Reasons.

Three, is BDB actually using his penis?
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
Buko

Post by Buko »

All of these sound great and stuff I'm down to do and sounds like fun sorta relationships and dynamics to explore! I really enjoy the Donovan and Gabrielle connections specifically!
Sunny wrote:Three, is BDB actually using his penis?
Like it's v4 pre-game if I have it my way--but yeee! Dick is sorta a hyper competitive type A sort with an addiction to achievement. I def could see him having exes and potential flings etc...but all within the context of being a pretty sweet and good kid. Not a player, just someone who crushes a lot. But also someone who gets busy from time to time.

So long story short--yes.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie would be a plausible flirt target with Lulu, and a potential friend of BDB's through being the sports mascot if he gets that spot.

Spuds would also possibly move in the same circles as BDB, being an athlete hereself. She probably wouldn't have much in common with Lulu, though.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Buko

Post by Buko »

Lulu-Licious is down to flirt with anybody both minor and major--being a temptress is part of the image and so that sounds cool to me! BDB is also sorta supposed to be like an ambitious, busy body sort but with a sweet core and so I can def see him feeling the need to befriend the mascot and wish him luck and pat him on the back and all that!

I also added my initial rough drafts for these two kiddies opinions just so people can get more visuals and maybe glimpse a bit of personality shared in that as well! I am going to try and do rounds of my own in other people's threads, but I just want to keep this one as sorta a centralized space for my own pre-game planning at the moment and sorta see the connections and stuff that others folks develop in the interim! I'm very, very excited!
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

But also someone who gets busy from time to time.

So long story short--yes.
Ace of V8???
[+] Anyway
  • Cedar-Lulu - Cedar's love of rap is probably understated in the material I've made public so far, it is extremely important for her because it was what she heard drifting out of the landlord neighbor's windows back when she was a poor informal settler child in the Philippines. So a girl in her own school becoming a local success story would probably make her go full low key fangirl. Wouldn't have groupied the tour but it was a near run decision. Lulu probably comes off as too put-together for Cedar to feel the need to hover, so she might come off more as a fan than a friend with anything actually common. Maybe an opening there for an element of that transactional relationship? Lulu has a fangirl with art skills and Cedar might buy in because she's aware they don't actually have much in common. An unspoken but implicitly understood element of their relationship.
  • Ash-Lulu - They both do Muay Thai. And both repeated a year, albeit different ones. And Ash likes a lot of music in general including the rap genre, though with Lulu that'll more specifically depend on what genre and lyrical style Lulu goes for. She'd probably be honest enough to admit that she doesn't like it if they're on friendly terms, Lulu seems like the sort that'd appreciate honesty? Overall I think they'd be on good terms, and genuinely, though maybe with some degree of superficiality. Not close enough to be truly intimate, perhaps.
  • Salem-Lulu - Flirt attempt would probably go pretty well, wouldn't it? Since neither of them mean it, and Salem's probably sympathetic to the 'high school boys are beneath me' vibe. Beyond that no particular reason for them to maintain any connection.
  • Ash-Richard - BD seems like the sort of kind and ambitious sort that Ash would think highly of. Maybe the suits are a bit of overkill but she'll only rib him a bit. As basketball captain he's probably been her main point person for trying to get the basketball team on board with the 'organize to fix the budget mess'. Good ally to have for the class president campaign maybe- I'm pretty sure she'd be all in on supporting him anyways. A bit jealous he's getting into Harvard. Maybe close enough that he might have considered proposing a date, that she would have shot down (no big dick) because she wasn't dating men until recently. But that'd be all good with both of them probably, no hard feelings.
  • Salem-Richard - Probably developed good rapport over Salem covering the majority of BD's games as newspaper's sports correspondent. Even pity listens to the dad's podcast, etc. Salem gets invites to the parties b/c he's cool like that, so he probably knows that a Big Dick party is one of the best. There's potential for like, Richard to get some insight into Salem's more privately political/serious side perhaps? They share that more temperate take on politics than a lot of their peers, and they probably agree on their more center-left technocratic approach to things and might privately discuss their future ambitions in politics and such? Salem might've run an anonymously penned story for the local paper on political volunteers and used Richard as a source.
  • Soo-bin/Richard - Richard seems like the sort who might be interested in speaking to Soo-bin's father if the 'he was a former ambassador' thing goes through a staff vibe check but I dunno about that for sure so I'd get back to you on that when I can confirm if that'll be allowed.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Irredeemable

Post by Irredeemable »

I don't know if any of my kids fit well with Buster, but there's definitely some overlap with Lulu here. Benji's big on not shaming people for their life choices and they're a big MMA fan, so it seems like there'd be opportunities for sparring and/or general workout stuff between them. Max, however, would probably consider Lulu to be stepping on toes (as he's a dealer of weed too, although he's branched out into other substances.) Not sure if there'd be any sort of uneasy truce between them or if it's all just aggro between them.
Why limit yourself!? Sell guns, sell stocks, sell diamonds, sell rocks, sell water to a fish, sell the time to a clock!
[+] V8, The Irredeemable Menace

Max McKormicK:"What do you call a kid with one eye? Sick of your shit."

Benji Beecham:"It's weird... Apparently people who call you a snowflake get really offended when you don't identify the way they think you should?"

Jessica Lee-Smith:"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we'll get along great!"
Buko

Post by Buko »

Pleading the fif on Big Dick Buster being the Ace of V8 (RIP Beats, Pimp C and Pop Smoke)--but overall I def liked a lotta these offers and insights!

Cedar-Lulu: Def like this idea of transactional relationships and especially with the context of art and the career. I think there's a good thread here and it could serve as a building block for future pre-game endeavors and also maybe even in game stuff if we both go different directions in pre-game. Lotta potential here and I fasho dig it!

Ash-Lulu: Knowing of one another and also both doing Muay That is fine with me! Lulu does Muay Thai and MMA with her younger brother and so it's more Mommy & Me style--but that don't mean they can't spar and work out as well. There's also a thread here, though we may need to workshop and discuss it more. I feel a bit more confident with the Cedar stuff if I'm being honest!

Salem-Lulu: Yeah, I think they can have a general flirtatious and teasing relationship and vibe! I am def down with that sorta thing and it seems light and fluid enough that it can serve as a good branch and connection in both the context of game or pre-game.

BDB-Ash: I am for sure loving this and am def all in here! Richard is not the captain yet--but I am sorta openly trying to speak that into existence. I am pretty much all in on this relationship and you really seemed to capture the vibe of Big Dick Buster right off the bat. Sorta a little busy body with a big Napoleon Complex and I like us sorta getting into the nitty gritty of school politics and coalition building in the mundane of pre-game. A lotta potential here and that sorta testing of organizational skills and leadership in a pre-game context can have big pay off in game!

Salem-BDB: Another one where these two align up perfectly and I also think Richard would be invested in keeping a good relationship with the school paper! They match up in terms of politics and both are sorta boys who are work hard-play hard types. All in on this one as well and I think it has the potential to be both easy to build and work with and sorta strong thematically. That's a good start!

---

I am down for a bit of a friendship and work out sparring stuff with Benji as far as Lulu. Because Mass is a weed legal state and Lulu mostly sells weed on top of doing DoorDash and UberEats, etc--I don't think she's gonna be involved in any turf wars or be a real aggro drug king pin in high school. I can def see them sorta being annoyed by one another and Lulu sorta ribbing and maybe even subliminally dissing in her rippity raps!
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Lulu
I have MMA down as a hobby for Maddie, so she might have competed with Lulu in the past. They both seem quite energetic and friendly, so I can see them getting along, at your discretion of course. And Maddie's experimenting with various drugs, so Lulu can expect a loyal customer.

Big Dick Buster
  • Great name
  • Fred's also a basketball player. Probably equal parts admires and envies Mr. Buster. Doesn't really matter how much Richard likes him, because Fred will try and scrape into his life regardless.
  • Chloé is also a politically active student going to a prestigious Massachusetts school and considering running for class president, so their interests align there. They've probably had a few interesting conversations before? I expect she'd be a regular at these parties, too.
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord
Buko

Post by Buko »

I can see all of this as working very well! I particularly like the potential dynamic between Richard and Fred as I think we can do some interesting subtext and talking about envy and sorta a privileged position of talent versus hard work and all that good teammate stuff! I also think Big Dick Buster and Chloe could have a good bond and friendship and I think there's a thread there for certain.

In terms of the Lulu stuff--def down for another custy and I also think that they can have a bond with MMA. Lulu does like beginners MMA with her little brother but part of MMA training is sorta the open mat culture and sparring. Def can see a general MMA thread potential with all da fite kiddies!
Buko

Post by Buko »

Updated my initial post with a link to my two kiddos and some bullet points of what I'm looking for in partners! If either of these profiles or possibilities interest you--hit me up on the Discord or via PM! Looking to forward to planning and writing with more people now that I've gotten another kid on my roster!
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

I do have a writer kid? Though it might take some roundabout stuff to get what you're going for with Meena and Zora. I can offer Liya as someone who mocked Zora in the past, and potentially Daniel as a casual relationship who will listen to her blab.
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”