D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Fenris wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 am oh shit we dont actually have much time left i just realized so we gotta vote someone

gianni is unhelpful to vote for because he's always like this and he always welcomes death and then when he dies we get no answers but also i dont know if i have a better choice atm. i am side-eyeing decoy's one serious post very hard
finally somebody acknowledges my playstyle
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Deamon wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:01 pm fun fact: by my count starfinder has 103 playable races
Fah, if you're brave and have Savage Species, every race is a playable race in 3.5! :P

Also whoops UNVOTE forgot I was voted.

Further reads (besides that whoops I let this get late and suffer for it ;-; ):

I am side-eyeing Paige over the "Let's just roll with it and goof around!" because in the past it feels like that's been a cover for shaky stuff sometimes. Not always, but enough I'm watching pretty closely, because it doesn't gel with their townplay from the past couple games.

Zetsu has good engagement but is playing faster and looser in a way that just feels slightly different to me than last game. Good or bad? It depends/is early to say—she's certainly courting attention. I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger early there, as I think she's a really good analyst and also sometimes works uncommon angles.

No thoughts on Jace as out-of-game has kept him a null so far.

Will do a second pass tomorrow. Whoops the phase ends before I get home. I dunno re: Decoy's non-joke post, would love to hear more. Goose was on my sus list and since I may not get to chime in again I'm gonna VOTE: Goose This is a pretty wimpy vote but odds of something happening are better than nothing happening and the play-both-sides-of-the-argument-ism is the biggest thing going on I'm willing to jump at right now.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

it does save us going through this song and dance when it matters more who we lynch later on

VOTE: Goose
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Not my fault I'm shit at this

I'm the Cleric, the Town Jailer
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

ngl for much the same reasons as fen i have no idea what's going on and no brain left to figure it out on my own
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

^Yeah I can speak to Paige's more disengaged style as being due to irl things. Also, they've advocated for a goofier approach to playing, like, every game for the past 3 games, it feels like? And were town each time. So not sure where you got that one, MW, unless you're pulling from Ye Ancient Tapatalk.

I'm playing faster and looser bc I'm not putting as much thought into things, tbh, and if I try to think harder about things I'm just not gonna post anything. I've been on my last two brain cells for awhile, now.

I'd like to hear more from randomness!!

Ricky's...quiet. Too quiet. It makes me uneasy. Then again, I feel like everyone here is being unusually quiet on account of *gestures around vaguely at everything* but also being unusually quiet coincided with him being scum last game. Not a scumtell by any means, just enough to make me raise my eyebrows and ask for explanation.

Reading decoy is difficult for me bc he's kinda in Irina territory, where everything he does just looks scummy to me. The difference, of course, is that he's actually turned up scum, but that feels almost coincidental. Would consider policy-lunching him if we lack better options.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

My brain's been in a low-energy state for the past few days, and I usually don't delve too far into the analysis at the best of times (if any of y'all remember the two games I was in on tapa, you know the ones from ages ago). But, these are my thoughts ATM:

Goose's claim of Jailer is interesting; at the same time it seems entirely hasty and reactive based on a lunch train with only two cars so far? There's no real way to prove or disprove the claim (since I would be more surprised if Mafia Roleblocker wasn't a thing in this setup). I'm getting more and more sus, but not enough to hop on the train yet.

Speaking of which, big squint at Deamon for so quickly hopping on when even MW said the vote was wimpy.

Decoy's statement is very heughh, but other people have said that already.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Sorry guys I have alot of trouble keeping up with the conversation if I'm not an active part of it, that's why I had less trouble last game than I am now and in the sotf mod one. I'll be more active from next phase onward but since there's only 3 hours left in this one I don't wanna let it go out without participating at all. Effortpost incoming.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

low on time

VOTE: Gianni

dont actually feel good about this at all but its better than nothing.

want to hear more from decoy especially next phase. i wanna sideeye random for saying they arent sus enough "to hop on the train yet" with like 3 hours left in the phase but i feel like its easier to chalk that to not realizing how little time is left rather than stalling? i dunno. will mull on that.

if anyones around my forever take is that lynch day one > no lynch day one and if we can follow thru here itll put us in a better place for discussions tomorrow. otherwise we're likely to keep spinning our wheels. but there isnt much time and idk whos even online so im not holding my breath here lmao
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Jace

Post by Jace »

Hey waddup guys and gals it's ya boy Man-cy Grace here with another baseless accusation video.

Now idk shit about dnd so all this flavor talk about version fucko.69z and whatnot is all beyond me. I'm just biding my time til the dark souls mafia so I can confuse everyone else with the depth of my lore knowledge.

Also just so we're clear, as long as I continue to not fully understand the logistics (I just had to google what a miller was), suffice it to say I am still a newbie, just so we're all clear on that. But I also roleclaimed SUPER early last game and we all saw the good that did, so like.. cmon lmao. That being said I see boogie's logic and I am willing to see his logic until I see more to change that.

Fen's clearly in and out and dealing with RL stuff so I'd prefer not to repeat the Cactusception I derailed last game with and give him the benefit of the doubt mainly bc I'm not a hypocrite, though I'm not completely sold because usually the second I start to doubt my instincts they end up being correct bc irl I have a luck stat of -100000000000. That said:
Fenris wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:47 pm i mean for reasons on and off the table im not really gonna fight being voted off

im not scum so it would be stupid but im not gonna argue
Y'all gotta stop stirring this pot its basically an anxiety trigger in me at this point lmao.

I've fallen into Ricky's paranoia stratosphere too so I am starting to doubt Toben on principle. But given it's phase 1 and since I wasn't here, there's only probably like 30 non-joke posts so far and I'm not smart enough to get much from a couple posts per person, since Toben has an excellent poker face. But the very fact of that being true makes me feel like it'd be unwise not to suspect Ricky too, which I do. I have no evidence to back this up, but it's not unlikely that he could weaponize his absurd knowledge of the subject matter to confuse less dnd-oriented mafia players, which he already has me so like there ya go.

I mean guys, there's really not much to go off of and as much as I'd love to throw a dart and see whose forehead it gets lodged in, I'm not trying to make a playstyle out of what I did last game. I'm seeing the case against Zetsu, and kind of for decoy I guess, and for Goose too, but I also don't wanna close out the phase without voting and it's clear where the wind is blowing today so Vote: Goose. I'll be active from here on out so there won't be any of this wave-riding going forward. I just recognize it's too late to do anything and I don't wanna contribute to wasting a day phase.
Jace

Post by Jace »

also if any of you notice the grammatical mistakes, I promise I do too and not being allowed to edit the post is killing me rn. <3
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

grammar is a fake concept what is this a writing site
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

also @ jace just for ur Future Info: claiming miller asap is usually considered a good strategy because if a cop investigates you later and you're like "haha uh im miller, actually, thats why, i look guilty,," you look like an asshole and also you just wasted a cop investigation. no it doesnt 100% clear boogie, he could just be mafia claiming miller to avoid investigations, but its a weak claim because he'll inevitably draw suspicion later in the game. its also a tricky thing to do as mafia day 1 because you havent gotten to talk to your squad and coordinate strats yet.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Jace

Post by Jace »

My parting words for the day:

"Let he who is without stone cast the first chainsaw"
- Abraham Lincoln, 1438
randomness

Post by randomness »

@Fen That wasn't me, that was Condor. That said, yeah it's definitely not a great look to not push for a lynch with so little time on the clock.

I'm personally not keen on how fast Goose claimed. I'm also iffy on how the flavour shakes out, and like Condor says, it could be cover for a role-blocker. I'd hammer but I also would like to give it a bit of time, on the tiny but possible chance anyone else has thoughts they'd like to share before this phase ends.

Other thoughts: Zetsu's play has been striking me as unusual, and honestly the thing that confuses me the most is still the vote on Fen, and a lack of defending of the point beyond, "it's not just newbies can get caught". Not quite enough for me to but it's the one thing that strikes me the most.

I'm liking Boogie's play thus far, mainly for his interactions with Zetsu, though fading out after that has softened
that a little.

Return to “Mafia”