D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 am @gianni if ur town pls hammer urself
Zetsu wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 am (if you dont self-vote im scumreading you next phase anyways for burning us out of a day phase, bc we'd be doing the exact same thing tomorrow, only we're down a day phase.)
im mad that i wasn't around at deadline because this is just completely awful

vote: zetsu
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

i don't believe that town should ever self-vote and especially never self-hammer
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

ok so it could be sheer coincidence Or condor might have successfully guarded someone. i would honestly bet on the latter because condor would make a weird night 1 mafia target imo. i dont know if speculating on who he might have protected/who is an obvious day 1 target for mafia is necessarily that productive tho.

@ boogie: i see where you're coming from but i feel like zetsu has made this point in the past so it doesnt ping scummy of her @ me. i do think demanding town vote for themselves is at best a weird call tho, like for the record/re: future discourse on the matter. i think day one lynches are important for increasing available information but it isnt guaranteed that day 2 is gonna turn into a repeat of day 1 if no lynch is called for, Especially in situations like this where gianni was kind of an arbitrary target among several.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

so like we're in a game where basically everyone is power roles and also it's tiny so this is gonna be resolved in like three phases right? Right. so i don't see a lot of point in holding my cards.

I'm the rogue. My role is town thief. Every night I steal from someone and Blizz will give me an item that tells me something about their flavor, which makes me feel more like a role cop unless I'm getting duped somehow? Idk, my PM also specifically calls out me having shadow magic but I'm a rogue so I'm not super sure what's up with that either but it makes me inclined to trust boogie; i literally just noticed this as i was writing this post before somebody gets wifom on our interactions, wasn't paying enough attention last phase to notice.

I stole from MW last night and got some sheet music called waltz of the myconoids that I'm too lazy to spell check. So uh, he's a bard? Is that good? Is that bad? Someone smarter and with more time than me figure it out
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Latin For Dragula

Way i figure it anything that gets us closer to whether we can trust MW is a win so I'm not waiting around for more results i can't do anything with
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Latin For Dragula

I don't buy that Zetsu is making scum moves but i buy that boogie thinks she is and am comfortable trusting him as a town voice regardless. I think she does this like, every lunch tho
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Latin For Dragula

And one more just because i feel like what's up you cool babies
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Fenris wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:59 am ok so it could be sheer coincidence Or condor might have successfully guarded someone. i would honestly bet on the latter because condor would make a weird night 1 mafia target imo. i dont know if speculating on who he might have protected/who is an obvious day 1 target for mafia is necessarily that productive tho.
Especially in this case I think this is on the money because we have at 3-4 viable tactical day one shots off site rep, plus an obnoxiously townie figure in Boogie, plus maybe Condor just got lucky rolling the dice and/or was popped intentionally.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Emprexx Plush wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:06 am so like we're in a game where basically everyone is power roles and also it's tiny so this is gonna be resolved in like three phases right? Right. so i don't see a lot of point in holding my cards.

I'm the rogue. My role is town thief. Every night I steal from someone and Blizz will give me an item that tells me something about their flavor, which makes me feel more like a role cop unless I'm getting duped somehow? Idk, my PM also specifically calls out me having shadow magic but I'm a rogue so I'm not super sure what's up with that either but it makes me inclined to trust boogie; i literally just noticed this as i was writing this post before somebody gets wifom on our interactions, wasn't paying enough attention last phase to notice.

I stole from MW last night and got some sheet music called waltz of the myconoids that I'm too lazy to spell check. So uh, he's a bard? Is that good? Is that bad? Someone smarter and with more time than me figure it out
Okay, there's a chance this is a scum claim getting ahead of the heat/some shadiness going on but the role itself is good stuff and I'm inclined to townread. I am indeed the bard, I can more or less prove it if push comes to shove, and my power is a quirky thing that, comboed with our flips on Goose and Condor, all line up really nicely with Paige's claim to make it seem legit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

MurderWeasel wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 am plus an obnoxiously townie figure in Boogie
i think this is the first time in my life ive been called that
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I received a PM saying I heard music playing outside my window, so I'm pretty well inclined to think that MW's telling the truth about being a bard. That makes me inclined to trust that Paige is telling the truth about their role, too.

Deamon's been posting but his posts contain a whole lot of nothing.

Still waiting on this, Ricky.
MK Kilmarnock wrote:Ricky's...quiet. Too quiet. It makes me uneasy. Then again, I feel like everyone here is being unusually quiet on account of *gestures around vaguely at everything* but also being unusually quiet coincided with him being scum last game. Not a scumtell by any means, just enough to make me raise my eyebrows and ask for explanation.
Agree that Condor probably died protecting someone.

@Paige Since you're going ahead and laying out all the cards on the table: what effect does having shadow magic flavor do to you, mechanically speaking? Are you also a miller?
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

if we're playing cards on the table i can also indirectly confirm that paige is telling the truth though not necessarily their alignment i guess
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Grand Moff Hissa

Zetsu wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 am I received a PM saying I heard music playing outside my window, so I'm pretty well inclined to think that MW's telling the truth about being a bard. That makes me inclined to trust that Paige is telling the truth about their role, too
^Yep, there we go. Points for being unprompted, though of course limited points given I was gonna be calling a witness fairly obviously anyways if need be and there are only so many mysterious dashing serenaders.

Also I have nothing about shadow magic in my PM, in case that's in any way relevant.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@Murder: my impression, then, is that you're basically a fruit vendor?

I think we can pretty safely assume that, in a game this size, there's only one kill available. 2 or 3 scum both seem possible to me. Someone else do the setup speculation though pls, my last couple attempts at that have been disastrous.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@random whomst are your scumreads?

@decoy say something, anything

Return to “Mafia”