The Crablets

Thats genuinely what baby crabs are called i love scientists

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
midnight_twelve

The Crablets

Post by midnight_twelve »

NIALL HARRIS 📖

Niall is an aloof, intense presence at Red Rock. He’s hot, sophisticated, intelligent and a talented athlete so he’s probably well respected, but he keeps his circle small. Niall doesn’t exactly wear his heart on his sleeve, but he’s an intensely romantic person with a very long-term and hopelessly unrequited crush on one of his straight male friends. He helps process these feelings through poetry, which he can often be seen reading, or heard quoting- he writes his own too, but keeps this as secret as the crush itself. Outwardly stoic, Niall struggles with both anger and depression almost as intense as his other feelings.

Hobbies: Reading and writing (especially poetry), athletics, whiskey and wine tasting, music (especially classical and jazz)
[+] Appearance
  • Niall stands at just over 6 feet and weighs about 175 lbs. with broad shoulders and above-average musculature mainly in his chest and upper arms.
  • Niall is African-American and has a dark complexion. He has a square face shape with a strong jaw. His eyes are dark brown and round. His black hair is cropped short. He is clean-shaven.
  • Niall’s default expression is a frown and he has quite an intense stare. He tends to slouch somewhat. His voice is deep and usually quite quiet.
  • Niall favours clothing with smart casual and “dark academia” aesthetics.

HAYDEN PRESCOTT* 😈

Hayden is probably one of the most vocal students at Red Rock, despite not actually holding many genuine convictions. Instead, he’s a compulsive contrarian, constantly playing devil’s advocate and looking to debate any even slightly contentious topic that gets brought up in his earshot. He tries to maintain the image of a cool, logical orator who’s above ideology and emotion, but it’s actually quite easy to wind him up- a favourite hobby of your kid might be getting him to change tack halfway through an argument by suddenly agreeing with him and forcing him to flip sides. His argumentative nature and smug demeanour will have cost him the friendship of almost every one of his classmates, but he’s fine with that… at least, that’s what he tells himself.

*Hayden's surname might change to fit with Candy and Mercy (and anyone else who joins the dynasty)

Hobbies: Debate club, trivia and general knowledge, current affairs, pop culture (mostly arguing about it online)
[+] Appearance
  • Hayden is 5’11 and weighs about 155 lbs. giving him a thin build.
  • Hayden is Caucasian, of mainly Anglo-Saxon ethnicity. He has a sharp, angular face with high cheekbones. His eyes are pale blue and narrow. Hayden has mousy brown hair that he keeps fairly short and combed back. He has a circle beard that has finally grown in after many months of patchy facial hair; he keeps his cheeks and neck clean-shaven.
  • Hayden has an almost permanently smug expression and speaks in a nasal tone of voice. His posture is confident and upright and he crosses his arms whenever he’s not using them.
  • Hayden almost exclusively wears suits, or at the very least button up shirts and smart trousers.

ROWAN CARTWRIGHT🎸
Rowan is, at least outwardly, a very relaxed and laid-back girl, who can fit quite easily into different friend groups, though she has her favourites who she’s very close with. She has a troubled home life and severe anxieties about the future but doesn’t tend to bring that up; most would know her as almost implacably laid-back. She plays guitar and loves music, primarily hippie fare and alt-rock with relaxed, mellow vibes. She doesn’t like being alone and spends most of her free time at festivals, parties or just hanging out with friends in the city or out in the desert.

Hobbies: Guitar, festivals and live music
[+] Appearance
  • Rowan stands 5’9” and weighs about 130 lbs. She has a thin, bony build.
  • Rowan is of mainly Paiute, Scottish and Shoshone descent. She has a lightly tanned complexion year round. She has amber eyes and curly brown hair that reaches halfway down her neck.
  • Rowan usually sports a relaxed smile. Her posture is very relaxed and casual. Her voice has noticeable vocal fry.
  • Rowan’s clothing is mostly thrifted and tends towards hippie and hipster aesthetics.

JAMES SCOTT 🇺🇸
People’s first impressions of James are often “that kid who’s weirdly into military history”, but most who get to know him beyond that regard James as one of the nicest people they know. He’s unfailingly polite and friendly with a strong sense of right and wrong, the archetypal all-American boy. With interests ranging from video games like shooters and map games to sports like baseball and fishing he’s probably a fixture in various friend groups and clubs. James is actually quite conservative and religious, but few people realise that; he keeps his opinions to himself and hates the idea of offending people. He is unashamedly patriotic, though. James is too geeky and enthusiastic to be genuinely “cool” but he’s not the sort to have many enemies either.

Hobbies: Military history, wargaming, civil war re-enactment and miniatures, baseball, fishing, shooting
[+] Appearance
  • James is 5’8 and weighs about 165 lbs. He has a slightly chubby build without much muscle.
  • James is Caucasian, of mainly German and Anglo-Saxon ancestry. He has a pinkish complexion, round face, bright blue eyes and straight blond hair. He is clean shaven.
  • James tends to dress simply, in comfortable clothes like t-shirts and hoodies with bold colours. He has a pair of round glasses that he usually wears.
  • James is almost always smiling. He has good posture. His voice is confident and friendly.

ASH GREEN 🥦
Ash has no shortage of potential enemies at Red Rock; they’re a generally grumpy misanthrope and a vegan with no time for meat-eaters. They do manage to keep the worst of their pent-up anger under wraps though, so they might not have alienated literally everyone. Ash has more or less given up on society and doesn’t much care about politics or economics, though they do have far more empathy and humanity than they like to admit. The few friends they might have need to pass a rigorous values test but once they’re in the circle, Ash has moments of genuine loyalty and affection.

Hobbies: Bodybuilding, animal rights and environmental activism, biology
[+] Appearance
  • Ash is 5’4 and weighs about 150 lbs., with a stocky and muscular build.
  • Ash is Caucasian, of mainly Celtic ethnicity; they have a very pale complexion that burns easily. They have large, bug-like green eyes. Their ginger hair is shaved into a buzz cut, and their face is clean shaven.
  • Ash’s jaw is usually tightly clenched, and they typically have a grumpy expression and a tone of voice to match.
  • Ash’s taste in clothing tends towards punk styles.
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

For Niall:
- As I’ve noted to you before, Finn is (probably?) heterosexual, and in a long-term committed relationship with a very clingy, jealous girlfriend that he's also very into. Peak drama. I haven’t decided what sport Finn does yet but he definitely does one. The possibility of friendship from when they were kids is an option(which would have been when Finn was a lot less of a troublemaker, since that started more in middle school/early high school.

For Hayden:
- Candy might work well as a cousin or sibling, since I know she’s from an wealthy and possibly influential family (her dad spoils her rotten), and I’m pretty sure I mentioned the same to another character who might be in the same ballpark.

For Rowan:
- If she’s often at the music scene, Finn probably at least knows her in passing. He also has a troubled home life and spends a lot of time outside of the home for that reason, so might be like some quiet solidarity there.

For Ash:
- Finn wears a leather jacket a lot. It might draw some ire.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
cob

Post by cob »

Could definitely see Rowan and Jonas being friends/acquaintances. And knowing him, he probably tried to recruit her into his band. Otherwise since Jonas knows she plays guitar, he probably pushes her to make her own music (albeit in an annoying/judgy matter).
[+] V9 Kids
Jonah Rowe (The Sun)
??? (The Hanged Man)
??? (Temperance)
??? (The Wheel)
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Medic!
So yeah I really like the idea of Finn being the object of Niall’s doomed affections. I like the angle of them being childhood friends, probably involved in the same sport, let me know when you figure out what sport Finn does so I can slide Niall in after him.

I think we’ve established now that Hayden and Candy are related, we can hash out exactly how and what that relationship looks like when we’ve got the whole team assembled.

Yeah, Rowan and Finn would probably know each other! I’ll stick them down as friendly acquaintances and it could be cool to explore that solidarity angle in pregame.

Ash wouldn’t take kindly to Finn’s fashion choices, no. XD

Cob!
Yeah, I can definitely see Jonas and Rowan being friends. She might consider joining Aftercare but there’s shaping up to be a whole buncha bands this version so I’m keeping my options open for now!
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord
Deblod100

Post by Deblod100 »

I came by to show what my SI and girlbosses would see in the Crablets.

While my chars are neutral towards Niall and James,

The other three chars do have some possible connections.

Joanne does dislike Hayden and view him as a nuisance to the debate club, however Mortimer completely hates him for his contrarian beliefs, not helping matters due to the fact that Mortimer is friends with Mercy.

Rowan might be able to mingle with Emma, though the latter's tastes are more harder and rougher than Rowan's relaxed and mellow vibes.

Ash is going to definitely hate Vanessa, for being a butcher. Mortimer will also treat Ash as just another "Heather", which he looks down at.
It's so hard when your on your own
You might fall into the Forbidden Zone

[+] V9 kids
Mortimer Schuab - The creator is converted into an avatar of all. Happy to tell you that life is completely meaningless and that everyone is going to die horribly.
Emma Drakenberg-West - Rebelling against the system with the power of metal and punk music gets you by, only for a little while, unless you decide to do the right thing only by getting your hands dirty.
Joanne Martinez - She enforces the authority of the school, but even a queen bee must lose the stinger. Now, she wants to make her point clear on who rules.
Vanessa Thibodeaux - Humans and animals are both the same. The lines officially blur for a butcher who will now become the executioner.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Niall

Skyla doesn’t interact with Niall much, but she does respect the work he puts in regarding athletics.

…Could Maggie have a crush on him? Nothing outward or anything, but I imagine her blushing whenever she’s around him.

Murray’s also an athlete, but without the same level of intelligence Niall has. I can see Niall trying to help tutor Murray on schoolwork.

Keiko likes poetry too! Not sure how often they interact, but if they do so a fair bit, perhaps they can be apart of a writing club out there?

Hayden

Skyla and Hayden are either debate club besties or they can’t stand each other. There is very little ground. On one hand, Skyla would respect Hayden for going against the grain so effortless and consistently. On the other, they’d probably get sick of how condescending he can be.

Edwin thinks Hayden is an opportunist, and a lousy one at that. He’s probably the person that tells Hayden to find his own opinion for once.

Maggie told herself that arguing about politics is bad, so don’t go about doing that. Hayden feels like the person who would prod at her though, making her uncomfortable.

Murray wants to know who the devil he’s advocating for is.

Rowan

Keiko and Rowan feel like besties! They both like music and being relatively relaxed. They likely share tracks whenever they can.

James

Skyla thinks James is a pretty cool guy from the few interactions they’ve had.

…Could Maggie also have a crush on him with the possibility of a further relationship? I assure you, I didn’t plan on this being a thing, but upon seeing James’s description, my first thought was that she’d be crushing hardcore on him, probably break out into giggles if he noticed her.

Oh yeah, Murray thinks you’re cool! After all, most athletes are in his eyes. He doesn’t understand much about the civil war, but if you explain it in football terms, he’ll probably get it. He actually knows a bit of military tho, his dad was a part of it for a couple years.

Edwin actually doesn’t have an issue with James, but he’s definitely jealous that he has this many friends.

Ash

Maggie feels like the type of person who would try and convince Ash to not give up on people, and they’ve definitely seen her helping out with animals. To that end, Ash might have some respect for her. Might.

Murray is trying to get Ash to speak to him about the bodybuilding. Murray is a meat eater.

Edwin is doing everything he can to piss Ash off, just to see the meltdown they have when someone messes with the environment.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Unfortunately, I don't have many ideas for relations between your kids and mine. But I do have a few!

Remi:
I'd see Remi as a potential enemy for Hayden; she can't keep up with his argumentive nonsense. XD
For Rowan, however, they can both be potential friends. Remi also has worries about after graduation, but all she wants right now is someone to chill with.

Storm:
Storm could be friends with James. Storm has JROTC, a dad with a military background, and they're both into video games, including wargaming! What better deal can you get than that?

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”