D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:58 am @Murder: my impression, then, is that you're basically a fruit vendor?
Yes, this is exactly it. Normally I'd be more cagey but like... it's all more or less on the table anyways and I think town loses more potentially spending ages trying to guess what I've got going on than it gains from scum having to do the same.

I can play music for one person per night. If anyone wants to volunteer tonight that's cool by me. This lets me confirm that I target whoever I target. Woo.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

so: paige and toben have both been confirmed to be telling the truth about their roles.

Rolecop is basically impossible to fake. Scum rolecops exist; however, blowing a whole rolecop action on "investigating" your scumbuddy feels like such a waste to me, and comes with very little advantage as far as I can tell? If Paige is scum, Toben's town. If Toben's scum, Paige is town. It is possible, and not improbable, that both are town. It is highly unlikely that both are scum, imo.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

honestly couldn't paige be a flavor cop and not a role cop

it's tricky because toben's role and flavor in this case are both just "bard"
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

yeah flavor cop is def the role here. doesn't really matter, flavor cops can also be scum. i am 100% with zetsu that both toben and paige arent scum tho, i can think of basically no logical circumstance where that would make any sense especially due to <stuff>.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Pretty inclined to say that MW's confirmed town for me, unless someone's heard of a scum variant for fruit vendor. Also, giving scum a role as useless as fruit vendor seems like setting them up for failure in a role madness game, unless town has a bunch of negative utility roles (we already have 1, to be fair).
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

lowkey flavor cop strikes me as an odd role for mafia in a game like this because considering the flavor is tied to the role flavor and not the role itself (like in a normal game flavor cop would mean, like, getting a stethoscope for the doctor or what the fuck ever) you're always going to be guessing at what your result actually means. like outside of the cleric probably being a doctor, god knows what any other result means. so like for those reasons it strikes me as more on the fruit vendor side of things, tho i could be wrong? im just assuming scum's roles are relatively strong, tho if town is loaded with weak roles theres no real reason mafia wouldnt have them too i guess
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

that was my overly complicated way of saying i generally agree toben seems townish atm but so does paige imo
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

hey dm where is the deadchat
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

CondorTalon wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:33 am hey dm where is the deadchat
idk man
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Fenris wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:24 am like outside of the cleric probably being a doctor
goose flipped cleric jailer

speaking of which, cleric jailer feels like a random enough match that we probably shouldn't try to extrapolate too much from flavor
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Fenris wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:24 am lowkey flavor cop strikes me as an odd role for mafia in a game like this because considering the flavor is tied to the role flavor and not the role itself (like in a normal game flavor cop would mean, like, getting a stethoscope for the doctor or what the fuck ever) you're always going to be guessing at what your result actually means. like outside of the cleric probably being a doctor, god knows what any other result means. so like for those reasons it strikes me as more on the fruit vendor side of things, tho i could be wrong? im just assuming scum's roles are relatively strong, tho if town is loaded with weak roles theres no real reason mafia wouldnt have them too i guess
Yeah come to think of it, this is a very good point—especially when we have stuff that is quirky (see: cleric not being doctor). Also, if it is a scum role, it's not a super useful one (see: the not-super-useful deduction that I'm the bard, which could be more or less anything in terms of power. How would knowing this help scum? It wouldn't really).
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

No clue what having shadow magic means, my PM says I have it but that it would a bad idea to use it offensively right now so I use it to steal things. Also I should have said flavor cop, my pm explicitly says flavor, I'm dumb and sleepy
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

dmboogie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:36 am
Fenris wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:24 am like outside of the cleric probably being a doctor
goose flipped cleric jailer

speaking of which, cleric jailer feels like a random enough match that we probably shouldn't try to extrapolate too much from flavor
im glad we've officially established how bad a job im doing paying attention this game

anyway yes everything i said applies extra in that case tbh
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

I feel like flavor must have some undiscovered town advantage or i'm kinda useless, but then like zetsu said MW seems like some kind of modified fruit vendor which also isn't super useful
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

ftr @ zetsu mafia fruit vendors do exist, tho in this setup i dont understand why we'd have one for power-related reasons already discussed
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]

Return to “Mafia”