Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

okay good news we got him.gif but bad news is we're still at mylo. if we lynch and don't hit mafia we still lose. we aren't at lylo, so we can take another day if necessary, but we have the same problem as yesterday where we basically already know who mafia is going to kill (blizzard, as confirmed town; if i wasn't already pretty much sure the godfather thing was bunk i'm extra sure now that we know mafia had a roleblocker), so waiting another day is just stalling and not going to get us new info. barring a total inability to come to an agreement this phase, we should probably just lynch someone.

i'd like very much to hear from blizzard who didn't get to finish her reads on boogie and i before the phase ended.

also uhhh i'm just gonna mark down that popping in first thing in the day phase to go "well rugga did a town thing so fen is mafia" feels to me like trying to push the phase in a direction practically before its started.

i will have more thoughts at a point that isnt right now i just woke up
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

you got me, im trying to push town in the direction of voting for the person I think is scum, instead of me, or the person I think is town
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

ok i think that sounded ruder than i intended

im not voting for you or anything, which would definitely be rushing shit, and my first post in the phase were legit the first thing I thought once we woke up. Rugga starting the Ricky lynchtrain before he made his fatal claim is exceptionally strong evidence imo
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i am still leaning toward rugga being town, and i do think that's evidence in her favor, tho i wouldn't call it Exceptionally Strong. it's late enough in the game that bussing the other mafia member is a pretty good strategy; you go into what is almost certainly the last day phase with points in your favor. if it were earlier in the game i'd call it stronger evidence because bussing early on is a bad plan in a game this small.

i will redo like proper reads and shit probably tomorrow because reasons that i won't get into because they are many
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Brackie wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 pmVotes: N/A

4 alive means 3 to lynch.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

lets try not to die to inactivity kids

@ blizz: i'd still really like your reads on boogie and i (and on rugga if you have any updates there)

@ rugga i'd like your thoughts as well

i more or less see where boogie's coming from tho obvs i cant agree with him lmao.

i'm gonna go thru everyone's post history and do some Detailed Reads at some point today. blizz is clear but looking at her post history still might be edifying
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Fenris wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:21 pm lets try not to die to inactivity kids

@ blizz: i'd still really like your reads on boogie and i (and on rugga if you have any updates there)

emptyquote
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

dmboogie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:27 pm
Fenris wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:21 pm lets try not to die to inactivity kids

emptyquote
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i am neither rugga nor blizzard but i have reads that i'll post one at a time because theyre gonna be long bois:

rugga: has the most posts in this thread, i thought i'd say to begin with, so like, can't accuse her of inactivity if nothing else. started off with lots of flavor stuff and excitement which is fun even tho i was a big party pooper during day one whoops. her first joke vote was for ricky, which in terms of recent events is... interesting. scum joke voting each other is pretty common. she was also the first person to suggest voting off inactive people, which is tbf like super common mafia strategy so it doesn't sway me hard one way or another especially on day 1 when there's gonna be nothing else to go on anyway.

kermit is eliminated, rugga is upset, which could be genuine or disguised gloating, though tbh knowing rugga i think even if she Is mafia she'd be unhappy about killing kermit. she votes for boogie a little quickly which i found kind of :| at the time but she pulls off the breaks very quickly when he claims and backs up his claim as likely to be legitimate. this whole thing is interesting in light of the knowledge that one of them is scum and one of them isn't, and it makes more sense if boogie is scum, because as rugga said later it's almost certain that the mafia in this game have safe claims. its a bit of a stranger move for rugga to immediately accept boogie's claim and basically protect him if she's scum and he's town, as there isn't an immediate benefit to her for doing so, though it could be a gambit to make boogie trust her going forward. she voted for skraal from what i can tell mostly based on his aggressive stance which was the same reason i was suspect of him so like, fair.

skraal is eliminated, literally all four of us remaining were on that lynch train so i don't think it says anything other than "skraal was kind of acting sus". rugga claims flavor. im not gonna take flavor claims into account in these reads bc 1. i dont know any of these people and 2. safe claims are almost definitely in play. rugga did push a bit on the blizz = godfather theory and said they were suspect of her before backtracking and pointing to ricky for doing the same thing, albeit a bit more aggressively. rugga said herself that she never said blizz was the godfather, which is true, but she is the third person to bring it up and specifically mentions thinking blizz is suspicious, which reads to me like pushing that theory. it could also just be paranoia, which like, mood. she votes for ricky before he claims on basis of how hard he's pushing the godfather thing. boogie mentioned that as strong evidence in rugga's favor, which is fair, but i also think ricky was a likely target coming into that day phase because of an inactivity problem, and bussing the more suspect member of the mafia to give the remaining one massive townpoints is a great strategy especially on the second-to-last day.

final thoughts: man i thought i was pretty set on being more suspect of boogie than rugga coming into the phase and some of the evidence does bear that out (like her defense of boogie's claim), but some other stuff (like the godfather thing) is making me a little :|. i'll reevaluate after i go thru boogie's shit tho. overall despite all the shit i've said i've gotten decent town vibes off rugga for most of the game if that means anythiing
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

god i hate how the :| face looks on this board. anyway

boogie: bless u for only having three pages of posts to go thru. okay literally nothing to speak of day one just shitposts which is a mood.

coming into day 2 something that i guess i could stretch and call gloating but nah. feeling town feels off of toben and rugga, was proven right on one of those. shitposting, promising to give reads later which is where he got jumped on a bunch which made me itchy at the time. gives his reads which are short but like not totally insubstantial? they aren't a lot but they're something, i don't feel like they were no-effort or anything. he voted for blizz entirely to get her to post which worked and made him switch his vote to skraal which kind of feels like a fuck you since skraal voted for him first. i want to be suspect of boogs for putting the first vote on what turned out to be the doctor but honestly i was pretty confident in skraal being mafia that day so again can't blame anyone on that lynch train tbh. boogie claims while on the edge of being lynched. vanilla townie is the most logical thing to claim in this setup regardless of whether it's true and we know now it's extremely likely that safe claims are in play, so honestly i can't put any weight on this claim outside of it being a desperate move. then theres shitposting which i also appreciate. he pushes for a lynch which is pretty ballsy considering he was in an iffy position when he did so (3 to 3 votes on himself and skraal), townpoints for that.

day three, boogie gave some decent reads. mostly quiet outside of pointing out ricky's claim was sketchy and voting for him. honestly doesn't tell me much since that claim was in fact super sketchy.

day four. tbh i overreacted a bit on being iffy on boogie coming out with "fen's mafia i guess" as his first statement. either he's mafia and trying to push the vote on me because he thinks i'm a softer target than rugga, or he's town and he just genuinely thinks rugga seems more townish than me. either thing is probably my fault tbh. anyway his pushing to get rugga and blizz to talk does give him points in my book

final thoughts: why isn't this easy i'm mad about it. tbh if rugga is mafia she's playing a masterful game and for that reason i think boogie's more likely to be scum (no offense to rugga i just realized that was an unintentional burn lmfao), but he's done enough things that give him town points in my opinion that i'm not totally sure and would like to hear more before i make a decision.

we've got two and a half days so it isnt super urgent crunch time yet but pls. we need Information
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I CAN BE MASTERFUL :C

I’ll post more in the morning but I would like to point out that e being mafia and then throwing Ricky under the bus to earn myself town points makes no sense. If I were mafia I could have pushed for a townie and won the game yesterday.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I promised more posts tomorrow and I will to explain dis but from posts alone the person who still gives me the worst feeling is Blizz, but I’ve said that before. But as promised some reads will come in the light hours
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Ruggahissy wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:46 am I promised more posts tomorrow and I will to explain dis but from posts alone the person who still gives me the worst feeling is Blizz, but I’ve said that before. But as promised some reads will come in the light hours
i actually agree re: blizz but tbh i think that's mostly newness coming off poorly
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Ruggahissy wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 am I’ll post more in the morning but I would like to point out that e being mafia and then throwing Ricky under the bus to earn myself town points makes no sense. If I were mafia I could have pushed for a townie and won the game yesterday.
but like, there was a strong likelihood of the vote going for ricky yesterday already based solely on inactivity. the claim cemented it, but there was a good chance he would have been lynched even if he hadn't claimed and even if you hadn't voted for him first.

i say this all with the side note that i think you're probably town and if you actually did gambit like that you're playing a really goddamn impressive game
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Ruggahissy wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:46 am I promised more posts tomorrow and I will to explain dis but from posts alone the person who still gives me the worst feeling is Blizz, but I’ve said that before. But as promised some reads will come in the light hours
hoo boy this is

a super sketchy thing to say imo, i don't see what we stand to gain from suspecting blizzard at this point; esp. since her behavior isn't all that different from how she behaved in umineko mafia (which was mostly being quiet, iirc)

if we do have a godfather then shame on me, i guess, but given what we know of the setup that seems hella unlikely. this just reads to me like trying to push the conversation in an unproductive direction but like... it'd also be a really obvious misdirection, so maybe rugga's still legit?

god. fen's latest reads are giving me hella townfeelings on them, but maybe not quite enough to match the townfeelings rugga's built up over the game, but. this ain't an easy decision.

blizzard i would really like to hear from you

Return to “Mafia”