V8 Fourth Announcement

Announcement by Deamon

Important announcements concerning the site will be posted here. Not only will the terrorists' official announcements be written here, but information concerning rolls, danger zones, and site issues will be located here as well.
Ruggahissy

V8 Fourth Announcement

Post by Ruggahissy »

Saturday, December 11, 2021: Undisclosed Location, 9 AM

"Good morning kids and welcome to the weekend!"

Tracen gave a brief drumroll on the desk before continuing.

"If you've made it this far congratulations, but I must also inform you that there are no rest days in Survival of the Fittest, so get back out there and get some kills.

And on the subject of kills, we begin today with the tragic tale of Melanie Miles who was caught between a rock and a hard place and gunned down by Meena Lalita Kumar as a result.

Next up, Henry David Dearborn met the tip of the spear, Alex Avanesian, and also met the tip of his literal spear, which as you can imagine didn't end well for him.

After that, Mariya White encountered Joshua James and despite putting up a stiff defense, she was eventually shot to death.

For our next kill, it appears that some of you decided to look to Home Alone for inspiration as Colm Forsyth pushed a wardrobe down a set of stairs and onto Angelo Lee's head. Sadly this isn't a movie and that kills people, come on Colm."

Tracen paused briefly to take a sip of coffee and reread his notes to ensure he had everything down correctly for the coming deaths.

"After that brief detour into cartoon buffoonery, we get back to the regularly scheduled violence as Ashlee Donovan was shot by Karin Han.

Following that John Davis was stabbed in the gut by Juanita Reid in a classic case of romantic betrayal. It happens every time, and it's always a sad day for true love."

Tracen took a pause as he shook his head somberly, playing up the perceived sadness of the moment to a disingenuous degree.

"Anyway! Abhishek Panicker and Daenerys Todd exchanged blows, and he did manage to panic her, so poor Abhishek came out on the worse end of it. But I'm sure our comrade will appreciate that he died so that someone else will qualify to leave...wait...what's that? She already had a kill? Oh well.

Moving on, I'm sad to report to you all that one of our first killers Janice Cresner met her end as Lillian Larsen garotted her with a whip sword, which certainly sounds cool, so at least Janice has that.

Quentin Skinner and Jack Kilgore played a game of hide the gun not long after that and surprise! Jack had it and he kill...gored Quentin? Hmm. Okay look I'll level with you, we were really hoping Quentin got skinned somehow, we had loads of material for that.

But enough about us, another killer met their demise as Alex Avanesian tried to ambush Katelyn Graves but got ambushed himself."

Tracen let out a loud dramatic sigh.

"Real tactical blunder there, if I'm honest.

And finally, Meena Lalita Kumar slit their own wrists in front of some others, which seems inconsiderate to their feelings if you ask me."

Tracen tidied his papers and pushed them to one side.

"Now onto everyone's favorite part of the morning, finding out what places you're banned from going. Today if you go to The Foreman's Office your head will be off your shoulders.

"Unless of course you are our Best Kill Award winner Lillian Larsen! Congratulation! Your prize of a beautiful weapon and a traditional yankee pot roast with mint tea and 3 Dunkin' Donut donuts is waiting for you on the foreman's desk.

"And that's the end of today's update, try to remember that the whole world will be watching, so let's give them a good show. I'll speak with you again tomorrow."

DAY FIVE: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2021

Weather: The temperature has dropped a little and some ominous-looking clouds have arrived over the island. The high is around 32 degrees F, 0 degrees C in the morning with a low of 23 F, -5 degrees C, in the evening once the sun has gone down. The sun rises at 9:09 AM, and sets at 3:18 PM. The winds from the east coast have returned and at their peak in the morning hit 12mph before rapidly dropping off through the rest of the day. The moon is still in the first quarter. There is a semidiurnal tide with two highs one at 3:42am and the other at 2:45pm the two lows are at 9:37am and 10:28pm.

Also please find below your roll set for this announcement:

Summary:

1. Bethany Lyon (Dr Adjective)
2. Rebekah Hayes (Gundham)
3. Ren Vu (Zetsu)
4. Jacob Winters (almostinhuman) - Corbin Azinger (almostinhuman, Swap Card used)
5. Perante Losoa (CardboardAirplane) - Jack Kilgore (CardboardAirplane, Swap Card used)
6. Cassie Chao (Fiori)
[+] V8 Eighth Rolls
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:53 PM
here we are once again
LeBong James — Today at 8:53 PM
Alright, doin the traditional test rolls
1d69
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:54 PM
12 ⟵ [12] 1d69
LeBong James — Today at 8:54 PM
1d420
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:54 PM
269 ⟵ [269] 1d420
Everything is workin, lessgo
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:54 PM
Ok
We're rolling for six
Roll 1
Outta 90?
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:54 PM
yes
LeBong James — Today at 8:55 PM
1d90
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:55 PM
18 ⟵ [18] 1d90
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:55 PM
18. Bethany Lyon (Dr Adjective)
Roll 2
LeBong James — Today at 8:55 PM
1d90
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:55 PM
24 ⟵ [24] 1d90
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:55 PM
24. Rebekah Hayes
Roll 3
LeBong James — Today at 8:56 PM
1d90
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:56 PM
25 ⟵ [25] 1d90
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:56 PM
25. Ren Vu (Zetsu)
Roll 4
1d90
rollem
BOT
16 ⟵ [16] 1d90
16. Jacob Winters
Roll 5
1d90
rollem
BOT
85 ⟵ [85] 1d90
85. Perante Losoa
Roll 6
1d90
rollem
BOT
17 ⟵ [17] 1d90
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:57 PM
It's Gundham again. Reroll
LeBong James — Today at 8:57 PM
1d90
rollem
BOT
— Today at 8:57 PM
42 ⟵ [42] 1d90
Ultra Despair Girl — Today at 8:57 PM
42. Cassie Chao
That's that
I'll log
LeBong James — Today at 8:57 PM
Awesome, till next

Finally congratulations go out to Blizzeyedwonder for winning the Best Death Award! Your quote nomination thread will be up shortly!

Please remember have THREE days (72 hours) from now to play hero or swap cards to save a rolled character. Characters slotted to die at the end of that 72 hour period have an additional NINE days to die before they and their killer become ineligible for the Best Kill and Best Death Awards for this rolls cycle.

Any characters who have not died by the BKA/BDA deadline of the next rolls cycle will be taken over by SOTF_Help in order to complete their deaths.

Card Timer:

BKA/BDA Timer:
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Rolled a 1

Actually, an 85 was rolled but that's besides the matter

Would appreciate a hero. Otherwise, send death ideas for both Perante and Jack since a swap may or may not happen closer to the deadline.
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

I am cursed

Anyway send your ideas if you’ve got them, it’s getting late in the run to expect a hero as much as I’d appreciate one. Priority to anyone happy to go out mutually, because by gosh is Beth going down swinging.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

*screaming and crying*

Writing Ren has been really, really fun, and I still have so much in store for them (also, they're my last surviving character and I'd hate to be out of the version so soon). If you've been enjoying their story so far, I would really really love and appreciate a hero! Otherwise, go ahead and send me death ideas.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Would super appreciate a hero on Jacob if for no other reason than I've barely gotten to step one of the stuff I had in mind for him and I would rather not prematurely pull the plug on two of my gang so early into the version.

You can also send death ideas I suppose. I have kinda specific wants for Jacob's death but no particular people in mind for them.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Oh crumbs, OK.

Would love a hero for Cassie if anyone is willing to spare one, otherwise open to ideas.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Oh no. Please, please somebody hero my poor little Snuggie girl. I have so much I want to do with Rebekah and the Snuggie gang still and I would be absolutely gutted to lose her before I can develop her some more.
V8 Characters:

Juanita Reid
Rebekah Hayes
Karin Han
EXTREME STEVE Dodds
CardboardAirplane

Officially swapping Perante Losoa for Jack Kilgore

Probably good on death ideas
[+] V8
Image S027: Perante Losoa - ELIMINATED 85th of 134 by Danger Zone on Day 5: The People Pleaser ~ “I’m not giving up, by the way. So just… Don’t be mad at me.”
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Image S084: Jack Kilgore - ELIMINATED 89th of 134 by Matthew Bell on Day 5: The Epic Gamer ~ “I’m not the asshole for wanting to live!”
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9
Image Tyson Peraday: The Birdwatcher ~ "Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." - George Bernard Shaw
Image Kaden "K.K" Kirabo: The Botanist ~ "Don’t try to be a hero, or a sage, or a warrior. Just exist for a while and be decent." - Alexander McKechnie
Image Bailey Gema: The Delinquent ~ "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins
Image Arran Hensley: The Nonconformist ~ "If you've got to be unhappy, you may as well keep regular habits." - Louis-Ferdinand Céline

Relationship Thread
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

13 hours remaining for cards
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Swapping Jacob Winters with Corbin Azinger

Send death ideas please Death sorted, thanks everyone who pitched!
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

A little under an hour and a half for cards. Last call.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

That is time for cards.

8 days 22 hours for deaths if you want to qualify for BKA/BDA
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

5 days 3 hours remaining for deaths to be eligible for BKA/BDA
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
CardboardAirplane

[+] V8
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
1/2/3/4/5

Relationship Thread
[+] V9

Relationship Thread

Return to “Announcements”