a thread of relations

should get this done sooner instead than later

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
almostinhuman

a thread of relations

Post by almostinhuman »

Hey! Figured I may as well throw out a relationship thread for all these kids (including one who isn't submitted yet lol).

Corbin Azinger- A JROTC kid from a conservative and Christian background. He's fairly religious and involved in local church activities and volunteering in addition to his JROTC duties. Though not broadly antisocial, he can be rather stubborn and has a highly limited worldview and inflated moral sense of himself.
[+] Corbin Relationships
Shawn Bellamy- A friend of Corbin's due to similar political leanings, though Corbin finds some of Shawn's more egregious behavior annoying.
Jacob Winters- A rather moody, cynical boy with a fondness for goth culture, clothes and music. He fancies himself a photographer and urban explorer. He's a bit sensitive and withdrawn, but masks this with a rather snide attitude that irritates people and pushes them away; what friends he does make are usually from the same goth circles he runs in. Has a boyfriend in a local goth metal band.
[+] Jacob Relationships
Lily Larsen- A friend of Jacob's, met and bonded with over their shared interests in goth stuff.

Roberta Chen- A friend and fellow urban explorer.

Leslie Romero- Despite both of them being socially awkward rude jerks, they've somehow become friends.
Ingrid Wilde- A driven and ambitious girl, academically and athletically. She's a member of the swim team and the band, and gets consistently high grades in most every subject, with a particular eye for mathematics. All this comes at the cost of her social skills; she is blunt, critical and caustic, and as such makes very few friends and is disliked by many.
[+] Ingrid Relationships
Evie McKown- Fellow swim team member. Initially disliked each other, but have grown closer recently due to Evie's sympathy over Ingrid's difficult home situation.

Marshall West- They're friends, but you wouldn't know it from how much they seem to bicker. Nonetheless they never take any of it too hard.
Kiera Hayes- A sweet, friendly girl with a nurturing attitude, but also a bit passive, having a reputation of being a doormat. Fond of camping, hiking and the outdoors in general. She likes country and folk music, both for listening and performing, and sings and plays guitar as a hobby, though she's a bit too shy to share this with people she isn't close with.
[+] Kiera Relationships
Shu Hawthorne- Boyfriend. Relationship is somewhat casual, but has been going since junior year.

Evie McKown- Casually friendly.
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
"I did everything I was supposed to, and it landed me here."
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ingrid Wilde
"Well, I'm glad not to be your fuckin' victim, too."
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
"This is some grim shit we're in, huh?"
1 2 3
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

There's a decent chance Lily's crossed paths with Jacob, especially when she dabbled in goth music/attire whilst exploring various alternative cultures. She's pretty resilient to snark for the most part (it seems to be a commpn trait amongst those she gets along with), so could potentially be friends if she seems like the kind of person he'd get along with?

Corbin seems like the kind of guy Shawn would respect, but otherwise they don't seem to have much overlap in their social circles.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Fiori wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:35 pm There's a decent chance Lily's crossed paths with Jacob, especially when she dabbled in goth music/attire whilst exploring various alternative cultures. She's pretty resilient to snark for the most part (it seems to be a commpn trait amongst those she gets along with), so could potentially be friends if she seems like the kind of person he'd get along with?
I think they could get along just fine!
Fiori wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:35 pm Corbin seems like the kind of guy Shawn would respect, but otherwise they don't seem to have much overlap in their social circles.
Hm, I can perhaps see them being casual friends despite that; probably more at Shawn's insistence than Corbin's, since I don't think Corbin is quite as broadly disliked as Shawn lol
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
"I'll be back. Once I splatter that motherfucker's brains over the ground. I promise."
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Sounds good to me.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Ingrid and Evie have swimming in common, and I can imagine them absolutely hating one another and really not loving having to see each other all the time. Probably some rivalry mileage to be made of them looking faintly similar and both being very competitive in the water (and Evie totally not begrudging Ingrid being just slightly taller), what with Ingrid’s thing about maturity and Evie’s being pretty laid back?

Alternatively, Evie is a complete sweetheart and could be one of the small handful Ingrid’s actually close with, if you’d prefer? Perhaps they got off on the wrong proverbial foot but after the liver thing it was impossible for Evie not to sympathise?

As for other three, not sure if there’s much I can offer. Casual pleasant acquaintance with Kiera, not particularly friendly with the boys, but ultimately not very connected?
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Dr Adjective wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:26 pm Ingrid and Evie have swimming in common, and I can imagine them absolutely hating one another and really not loving having to see each other all the time. Probably some rivalry mileage to be made of them looking faintly similar and both being very competitive in the water (and Evie totally not begrudging Ingrid being just slightly taller), what with Ingrid’s thing about maturity and Evie’s being pretty laid back?

Alternatively, Evie is a complete sweetheart and could be one of the small handful Ingrid’s actually close with, if you’d prefer? Perhaps they got off on the wrong proverbial foot but after the liver thing it was impossible for Evie not to sympathise?
Sounds good with me. I like the notion of them getting off to a terrible start but Evie proving to ultimately be a better friend than folks Ingrid got along with better before!
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Roberta likes urban exploring too. Though since they both have fronts - Roberta's dissolves quickly, she just tends to be aggressive at first glance - they might not get along if they can't get past the snide/'THE FUCK YOU LOOKING AT' vibes respectively. xD If they can get past that tho they might have some ground to get along. Likely can vibe some similar-ish music tastes, since she's played in bands before (keyboard), though she bounces between that and old-school classical.

Marshall and Ingrid are very similar people. (Both studious, hardworking and sporty at the cost of having any tact whatsoever, aiming to pursue law degrees, and with independence largely due to parental situations.) I figure this means they either get along great or get along horrifically. Or, third option, argue all the fucking time but are somehow friendly despite this (because neither of them seems the sort to take Actual Deep Offence to the arguing.) They're not in the same sports (Marshall's a lacrosse/runner guy) but maybe study at similar times or got to studying together due to their similar aims.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

ViolentMedic wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:41 am Roberta likes urban exploring too. Though since they both have fronts - Roberta's dissolves quickly, she just tends to be aggressive at first glance - they might not get along if they can't get past the snide/'THE FUCK YOU LOOKING AT' vibes respectively. xD If they can get past that tho they might have some ground to get along. Likely can vibe some similar-ish music tastes, since she's played in bands before (keyboard), though she bounces between that and old-school classical.
I think I like Jacob having an urban exploring buddy, and I think it's something he can learn to get through the aggression for!
ViolentMedic wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:41 am Marshall and Ingrid are very similar people. (Both studious, hardworking and sporty at the cost of having any tact whatsoever, aiming to pursue law degrees, and with independence largely due to parental situations.) I figure this means they either get along great or get along horrifically. Or, third option, argue all the fucking time but are somehow friendly despite this (because neither of them seems the sort to take Actual Deep Offence to the arguing.) They're not in the same sports (Marshall's a lacrosse/runner guy) but maybe study at similar times or got to studying together due to their similar aims.
I'm down for weird argument-having friends who confuse everyone around them as to how they actually consider each other friends at all lol
[+] V8
Corbin Azinger
1 2 3 4 5
Jacob Winters
A
Ingrid Wilde
1 2 3 4
Kiera Hayes
1 2 3

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”